Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Re: 2013/12/09 - Cubby Hole

Post by Obbl »

What Chicken? :P
jrodsqod

Post by jrodsqod »

Ninkurou wrote:As a Religious Man... I'm not happy...
This arc can either become a Christmas carol... Or an attack on Religion...
It's still too early to see what it will become, so I think that I will just wait and see...
Thanks for the attention...
I'm struggling to understand where you're coming from, but you're definitely right in that it is a little early in the arc to specify anything.
I (like a surprisingly amount of forum members and mods here :shock:) am too a religious person, and I don't quite see how it's an attack.
If anything, I've come to see that Housepets is actually drawing some connections when it comes to faith and/or Christmas.
And to back up Kitch's statement, I know for a FACT that Rick is indeed a man of faith.
Rick knew right from the beginning that there were going to be fans of this webcomic who didn't share his beliefs, as well as those who would give him criticism for it. As the Christmas arc progresses, I think you'll see that Rick has something good in store for Jessie and Ink.
Being a cartoonist myself, I find it hard to make these sorts of connections in your work because you need a diverse audience.
That all being said, I believe Rick is doing an excellent job incorporating what he believes into his work in a simple, yet funny Housepets way that we all can enjoy.
Your feedback is HIGHLY welcome here, and whether question or concern, we all appreciate it just the same :D
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Re: Unhappy day...

Post by Sleet »

Ninkurou wrote:As an Religious Man... I'm not happy...
This arc can either became a Christmas carol... Or an attack on Religion...
It's still too early to see what it will became, so I think that I will just wait and see...
One character being skeptical about things does not mean Rick intends to attack religion. Rick is, in fact, a religious person himself. No one is going to write an arc for the purpose of attacking their own belief system.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Ninkurou

You helped me.

Post by Ninkurou »

Thanks for the reply, Im better now.
I also did not knew if Rick was religious or not.
Thank you.
HundKatzeMaus

Post by HundKatzeMaus »

ddddaaaawww look at that little thing :)
....Let's just hope he will not become an Angel to soon :cry:
It really looks like some sort of Christmas carol....maybe without the ghosts, but still with an heartwarming ending :D
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Probably Zach is going to get annoying times, considered like a divinity against his will... Custom Inc's home looks more confortable (still for little animals) than Jessica's one, and the flower pot is also here (found more info about how it works, good for previous noticing, Valerio). Another funny misunderstanding, this time by Custom Inc. ;)
Little and cute Tiny Tum, you're gonna be an angel, but not soon. Be strong, you've got your medicine, don't think that now.
WhoElseButQuagmire

Post by WhoElseButQuagmire »

TheOne wrote:Um... what's with that strangely shaped rock and freshly moved dirt in the last panel? ...moving on...

I think it would be interesting to see a Housepets! "A Christmas Carol" but I don't see it working. None of the characters (except Jata, and possibly Pete) seem wicked enough to deserve the "Ebeneezer Scrooge" treatment.
What about Bino?
rickgriffin
Site Admin

Post by rickgriffin »

CHAOKOCartoons wrote:"Mom says I'm gonna be an angel!"
At first I found that cute :D , then I found it sad :cry: .
Then I did my job
I'm sure the cold hand of science will be able to overcome his magical powers
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

rickgriffin wrote:
Then I did my job
You sure did Rick. :)

Also I have a question. Are Falstaff, Truck, and Custom Ink siblings or cousins?
Last edited by Saturn381 on Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
max7345
Location: Yuma, AZ (Also known as drought-city and oven-town during the Summer)

Post by max7345 »

Hmm..."Tiny Tum"...Jessica's lack of Openermas spirit...the arc's title.... I'm going to guess that this will be a Christmas-Carol-ish story. Also, Tiny Tum is adorable.
Ninkurou wrote:As an Religious Man... I'm not happy...
This arc can either became a Christmas carol... Or an attack on Religion...
It's still too early to see what it will became, so I think that I will just wait and see...
The comic is a work of fiction. Chill out (horrible, tired pun intended). It looks like it's leaning more toward the Christmas Carol thing, and the Housepets universe has already shown us its deity setup. Plus, the religious terms of what goes on in the HP world is for that world alone. Even if there were no god, deities, or whatever in the HP universe, why should that matter to your faith? It's not like Housepets is a 100% reflection of our world. I mean, animals are walking upright and speaking English for goodness sake. Apart from a parrot repeating what it hears, that just doesn't happen in reality. So even if religion's a lie in the HP universe (and they have gods so it's probably not a lie in the way most would think), it's not necessarily an attack on religion in the real world. Just calm down, accept that another world's religious standing might be different from our own, and try to enjoy the story being told.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

The person who posted that already thanked several users for clarification, so there's not really a need to tell them to "chill out." We like users to treat one another civilly and with respect. If you feel a post violates the forum rules, though, you're welcome to report it.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
max7345
Location: Yuma, AZ (Also known as drought-city and oven-town during the Summer)

Post by max7345 »

Dissension wrote:The person who posted that already thanked several users for clarification, so there's not really a need to tell them to "chill out." We like users to treat one another civilly and with respect. If you feel a post violates the forum rules, though, you're welcome to report it.
I felt I was being respectful; I never called the user's intelligence into question or threw any other form of insults at them. I merely requested that they calm down, as they appeared to have been upset (using the term "chill out" out of an admittedly terrible attempt at bad humor, given the Winter season and the Christmas theme of the comic) and tried to explain to them that the religious standing in a fictional universe doesn't necessarily reflect how ours is in reality and thus, wouldn't necessarily be an attack on it.

Ninkurou, I apologize if I appeared hostile, rude, or disrespectful; it was not my intention.
Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

I'll admit, Tiny Tum is adorable.
However, I think these strips are actually making Jessica climb my favorite characters list. I just love her blunt, sarcastic attitude. Definitely reminds me of me.
Paige Turner - The Stargazing Polyglot! - S4 P7 E6 C4 I10 A4 L7 (SP)
Will Turner - The Timid Survivor! - S5 P4 E8 C3 I6 A10 L6 (SP)
Timothy Cotton - The Overenthusiastic Soccer Star S6 P4 E8 C5 I5 A9 L5 (Zoo)
Muninn

Post by Muninn »

rickgriffin wrote:
Then I did my job
You most certainly did! That is one of the most beautiful moments in a comic full of wonderful moments. Well done, sir :)
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

Muninn wrote:
rickgriffin wrote:
Then I did my job
You most certainly did! That is one of the most beautiful moments in a comic full of wonderful moments. Well done, sir :)
That is so true. Thanks for that moment, Rick.
ImageIf life gives you lemons, ask for salt and tequila.

Image Image
ImageImageImage
Ninkurou

Strange...

Post by Ninkurou »

For some reason this comic remembers me of Heather the possum from Over the Hedge...
Last edited by Ninkurou on Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

And no more commenting on it please. Carry this conversation to PMs from now on, we need to keep on topic people.

I found the cute coughing scene to be most adorable myself, especially after following the angel comment. Poor Tiny Tum might be an angel soon! :?

Well, let us hope Zach begins to realize the scope of the duties he fell into and that small miracles can happen...that or he turns out to be a really practical bunny! :roll:
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
deepskycyan

Post by deepskycyan »

Just noticed Tum's blanket is actually a plastic bag. That poor thing! He must be so cold!
Although he might enjoy being covered by trash :/

Also, with with being an opener arc, I REALLY hope Pete doesn't come into this.
Pete would totally RUIN Christmas.
Stay away Pete! Go bother...King...or something :P
"Reality continues to ruin my life." -B. Watterson
valerio

Post by valerio »

deepskycyan wrote:Just noticed Tum's blanket is actually a plastic bag. That poor thing! He must be so cold!
Although he might enjoy being covered by trash :/

Also, with with being an opener arc, I REALLY hope Pete doesn't come into this.
Pete would totally RUIN Christmas.
Stay away Pete! Go bother...King...or something :P
Speaking of which...wouldn't be so deliciously ironic if in the end Zach disappointed his followers and at the last moment it was King to give Tiny Tum the medicine?
Frank

Post by Frank »

How long before Jessica notices she's actually being less useful than Falstaff and Truck?
"[E]ven with simple tools, you too can make awesome."
November 21, 2010
TheOne
Location: Trapped in the center of the Galaxy. Need a starship to get out!

Post by TheOne »

copper wrote:I found the cute coughing scene to be most adorable myself, especially after following the angel comment. Poor Tiny Tum might be an angel soon! :?
Not too soon, I hope...
Copper wrote:Well, let us hope Zach begins to realize the scope of the duties he fell into and that small miracles can happen...that or he turns out to be a really practical bunny! :roll:
Are you talking "practical" in the "Chronicles of Narnia"/"Peter Pan" sense, where "being practical" is reserved for the bad guys, or in the modern sense, where practicality is considered a good thing?
Dag nabbed petty annoyances...
Gamewolf67

Post by Gamewolf67 »

rickgriffin wrote:
Then I did my job
Hey Rick, why wasn't there a link to the forum in the description?
Feel my icy wrath!
spyderwolf

Post by spyderwolf »

Gamewolf67 wrote:
rickgriffin wrote:
Then I did my job
Hey Rick, why wasn't there a link to the forum in the description?
You know there is a 30% chance that getting rick's attention by replying to something he said will work.

Poor tiny tum. "He's vegetarian!" Custom ink, you know that was a metaphor right? RIGHT?
I like this color/.
Join the Housepets! IRC: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=%23HPRT&uio=d4 #HPRT
Rick Griffin-Pete Griffin. Brothers?
I love mods. Now shush before I drag one over here...
Firenze

Post by Firenze »

Okay, Tiny Tummy here has got to be the most adorable character in the Housepets! comics by far! I couldn't stop OMGing for an entire minute from all of the adorableness. :D
rickgriffin wrote:
Then I did my job
I also found it to be that way... Well played, Rick. Well played.
"It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice."