2013/12/20 - Being A Pill With Pills

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Gamewolf67

Re: 2013/12/20 - Being A Pill With Pills

Post by Gamewolf67 »

Don't they test drugs on animals? Dark...
Feel my icy wrath!
Karl

Post by Karl »

Poor Zach. No matter how much he tries to stay away from it, unconsciousness and free interpretation must always combine forces against him.
I'm a bookworm!
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Jessica, your stubbornness and failing way to be right is being slightly hard to bear now... You're creating an useless confusion in your mind. :P Yeah, Zach is having the reply for everything you're saying, that's in his nature to be careful and a good bunny. :) And, he has every needed stuff too, he's well assorted. It's an advantage of be a citizen and have an owner, you should figure out that. ;)
Hedronal

Post by Hedronal »

Cesco wrote:Jessica, your stubbornness and failing way to be right is being slightly hard to bear now... You're creating an useless confusion in your mind. :P Yeah, Zach is having the reply for everything you're saying, that's in his nature to be careful and a good bunny. :) And, he has every needed stuff too, he's well assorted. It's an advantage of be a citizen and have an owner, you should figure out that. ;)
Noting though, that Zach is a pet, not a citizen.
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Hedronal wrote:
Cesco wrote:Jessica, your stubbornness and failing way to be right is being slightly hard to bear now... You're creating an useless confusion in your mind. :P Yeah, Zach is having the reply for everything you're saying, that's in his nature to be careful and a good bunny. :) And, he has every needed stuff too, he's well assorted. It's an advantage of be a citizen and have an owner, you should figure out that. ;)
Noting though, that Zach is a pet, not a citizen.
Right, I kinda meant that. Just wanted to say that's an advantage of live in a city, unlike her who lives in the woods.
Iceheart

Post by Iceheart »

Am I losing my mind or does Zach keep changing colors?
Gamewolf67

Post by Gamewolf67 »

Is it me or is Zach a lighter shade of purple now?
Feel my icy wrath!
YourRoyalCorginess

Post by YourRoyalCorginess »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:I love the willow-bark bit. It's cool that the ferals have low-tech ways to take care of themselves...
Argent wrote:
Liam wrote:Really? IIRC overdosing on aspirin can cause holes in the stomach lining because it changes the pH levels to acidic, but aside from that I know of nothing that would prompt the authorities to take it off the market.
I didn't say they'd take it *off* the market, I said that if it was introduced now it wouldn't be approved for general use as an OTC painkiller. Why? Because there are better alternatives with fewer side effects.
When I had West Nile, they had me on Prednisone at first, but switched me off to high doses of Ibuprofen (Advil), with Acetaminophen (Aspirin) to back it up if it wasn't powerful enough. They're two different kinda of drugs, so they combine well. The reason Acetaminophen isn't popular with doctors nowadays is that it causes stomach and liver damage at a much higher rate than Ibuprofen, which is better at hitting the underlying symptoms of fever and swelling anyway.
Acetaminophen is Tylenol, Acetylsalicylic Acid is Asprin :)
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

I think this is the first time we seen Zach standing in view of someone else his head level and talking normally without cowering or running away in four panels and just talk in general, getting to see his general expressions. It's quite refreshing.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Cool! Science fact! *writes down for use later to seem smarter*

I love this community.. we are having a discussion on drug facts in an arc about a talking rabbit and opossum talking about medicine for a sick baby opossum. Cool, eh?

Heh, seems even Zach's patience is wearing thin here.

You know what would be fun? If Zach decided to really get back at Jessica for her rudeness and sent a letter to the ferals, stating that she was now the only one to approach him and was his official messenger. Then he would get all the ferals away from his home, and they wouls all go to her with messages to send the opener. :roll:
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
King_Crimson

Post by King_Crimson »

man, jessica is just so full of sass. i love her. and i really hope she shows up more.
spyderwolf

Post by spyderwolf »

Iceheart wrote:Am I losing my mind or does Zach keep changing colors?
Yes. Yes he is.
I like this color/.
Join the Housepets! IRC: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=%23HPRT&uio=d4 #HPRT
Rick Griffin-Pete Griffin. Brothers?
I love mods. Now shush before I drag one over here...
Gbr23

Post by Gbr23 »

Indeed, maybe Rick hasn´t found the right color for him ... but you could also say that is the lightning of the enviroment that creates an optical illusion making us think that he is changing colors.
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Zach is a typical fursona. :B
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Hukley
Banner Artist

Post by Hukley »

Gbr23 wrote:
Indeed, maybe Rick hasn´t found the right color for him ... but you could also say that is the lightning of the enviroment that creates an optical illusion making us think that he is changing colors.
Zach is the almighty Opener of Ways!!! He can change his color at will! :lol:
Awesome Avatar-Animation by GeckoZY! :D
Simon & Freddy has its own Webpage now: http://www.simonandfreddy.com/
My webcomic: (Updates on Saturdays)
ImageImage
Kaeto

Post by Kaeto »

YourRoyalCorginess wrote:
RockstarRaccoon wrote:I love the willow-bark bit. It's cool that the ferals have low-tech ways to take care of themselves...
Argent wrote: I didn't say they'd take it *off* the market, I said that if it was introduced now it wouldn't be approved for general use as an OTC painkiller. Why? Because there are better alternatives with fewer side effects.
When I had West Nile, they had me on Prednisone at first, but switched me off to high doses of Ibuprofen (Advil), with Acetaminophen (Aspirin) to back it up if it wasn't powerful enough. They're two different kinda of drugs, so they combine well. The reason Acetaminophen isn't popular with doctors nowadays is that it causes stomach and liver damage at a much higher rate than Ibuprofen, which is better at hitting the underlying symptoms of fever and swelling anyway.
Acetaminophen is Tylenol, Acetylsalicylic Acid is Asprin :)
Be glad you guys don't have to take the stuff I do for pain. (Vicodin and Morphine Sulfate)
Forward The Dinochrome!
WhoElseButQuagmire

Post by WhoElseButQuagmire »

GameCobra wrote:I think this is the first time we seen Zach standing in view of someone else his head level and talking normally without cowering or running away in four panels and just talk in general, getting to see his general expressions. It's quite refreshing.
I think he was level with Grape for a few installments of The Great Water Balloon War.

Gbr23 wrote:
Rick's just waiting for someone to add 'A Form You Are Comfortable With' to Zach's character trope page... :)
Argent

Post by Argent »

copper wrote:I love this community.. we are having a discussion on drug facts in an arc about a talking rabbit and opossum talking about medicine for a sick baby opossum.
Baby raccoon.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Gamewolf67

Post by Gamewolf67 »

spyderwolf wrote:
Yes. Yes he is.
Keep it like it is.
Feel my icy wrath!
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

Render wrote:Why do I think that the next strip will feature Jessica at Ink's home helping Tiny Tum while the other ferals get notice about Zach's selfless aid. And the following Strip on openermas showing the Arbelt's home overrun by ferals to paise the Opener of Ways.
Another possiblity just cam into my mind: Image

On Monday we see Zach helping Jessica carrying all the stuff and on Wednesday Zach arrives at the stable Ink's lair to worship help the baby sick Tiny Tum.
ImageIf life gives you lemons, ask for salt and tequila.

Image Image
ImageImageImage
deepskycyan

Post by deepskycyan »

Kaeto wrote:Be glad you guys don't have to take the stuff I do for pain. (Vicodin and Morphine Sulfate)
House is that you?
Render wrote:On Monday we see Zach helping Jessica carrying all the stuff and on Wednesday Zach arrives at the stable Ink's lair to worship help the baby sick Tiny Tum.
"Oh baby Jesus racoon, I am the wise man bunny from the faraway land of Babylon Gardens, please accept my gifts of gold aspirin, frankincense feral medicine guides and myrrh gallon freezer bags" XD
"Reality continues to ruin my life." -B. Watterson
Gamewolf67

Post by Gamewolf67 »

Render wrote:
Render wrote:Why do I think that the next strip will feature Jessica at Ink's home helping Tiny Tum while the other ferals get notice about Zach's selfless aid. And the following Strip on openermas showing the Arbelt's home overrun by ferals to paise the Opener of Ways.
Another possiblity just cam into my mind: Image

On Monday we see Zach helping Jessica carrying all the stuff and on Wednesday Zach arrives at the stable Ink's lair to worship help the baby sick Tiny Tum.
How'd you get that King avatar? Does every character have an avatar?
Feel my icy wrath!
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Not that that's at all related to the current strip, but several years ago, a member made icons for use in instant messenger clients supporting custom ones. He's since removed them from his server, but other users saved the emoticons and use them on the forums. Let's get back to discussing the strip, please.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Perfesser_Bear

Post by Perfesser_Bear »

Render wrote:Another possiblity just cam into my mind: Image

Yup -- I can see Zachary helping Jessica schlep all this junk back to the wild. And it's Zach's fault if she becomes domesticated...
--Perfesser

Perfesser_Bear
Pundit Wannabe
Vuk91

Post by Vuk91 »

The more I see of Jess the less I have faith in her...
Gamewolf67

Post by Gamewolf67 »

Dissension wrote:Not that that's at all related to the current strip, but several years ago, a member made icons for use in instant messenger clients supporting custom ones. He's since removed them from his server, but other users saved the emoticons and use them on the forums. Let's get back to discussing the strip, please.
I swear Zach was pruple in the previous strip. Now he's cyan.
Attachments
cool_zps27f5079c.png
cool_zps27f5079c.png (43.08 KiB) Viewed 12011 times
Feel my icy wrath!
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

Gamewolf67 wrote:I swear Zach was pruple in the previous strip. Now he's cyan.
The lighting was different.
ImageIf life gives you lemons, ask for salt and tequila.

Image Image
ImageImageImage
RatHead

Post by RatHead »

I love this, as soon as Jes starts to get mellower she seems to realize this and snap right back too her old mood. You'r quite the little narcicist arn't you Jessica *pinches Jess's Cheek*
Jessica wrote:Stop that you furry
Throw 'er out[side]!

Xane wrote:TIGER WHO STOLE THE FIRST AID KIT AND GAVE IT TO A BUNCH OF RABID ANIMALS???

"Where did all this stuff come from?"
"...the dumpster behind Wall2Wall Mart."
"All praise the Opener of Dumpsters!"
"You're all complete idiots."
I would believe that completly!
Prof wrote:Zach's "why do I even bother?" expression really cracked me up. Someone has a snarky retort for everything :D
Indeed, and he's not lookin too happy about it!

HP! Messenger
Limp-in around eatin a dirty rubber Bizkit
Vyath

Post by Vyath »

Render wrote:
Gamewolf67 wrote:I swear Zach was pruple in the previous strip. Now he's cyan.
The lighting was different.
Yeah, I think the last strip was by a fireplace. Hence the red-ish tint to both Jessica's and Zach's colours. Now, in normal lighting, they are back to normal.
Gamewolf67

Post by Gamewolf67 »

RatHead wrote:I love this, as soon as Jes starts to get mellower she seems to realize this and snap right back too her old mood. You'r quite the little narcicist arn't you Jessica *pinches Jess's Cheek*
Jessica wrote:Stop that you furry
Throw 'er out[side]!

Xane wrote:TIGER WHO STOLE THE FIRST AID KIT AND GAVE IT TO A BUNCH OF RABID ANIMALS???

"Where did all this stuff come from?"
"...the dumpster behind Wall2Wall Mart."
"All praise the Opener of Dumpsters!"
"You're all complete idiots."
I would believe that completly!
Prof wrote:Zach's "why do I even bother?" expression really cracked me up. Someone has a snarky retort for everything :D
Indeed, and he's not lookin too happy about it!
Do you even know what a narcissist is?
Feel my icy wrath!
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Guys, let's keep things civil here. No need to call each other out...
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
Kaeto

Post by Kaeto »

deepskycyan wrote:
Kaeto wrote:Be glad you guys don't have to take the stuff I do for pain. (Vicodin and Morphine Sulfate)
House is that you?

Nope. Just someone who suffers so much pain from my legs that self administered amputation has seemed a viable thing to do at times.
Forward The Dinochrome!
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

...Aaaand having just recovered from West Nile Meningitis, I realize that you would ACTUALLY give him Ibuprofen or Naproxin, as those are less toxic and more effective for that...
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)