2014/01/24 - Rolling Like Thunder

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
valerio

Re: 2014/01/24 - Rolling Like Thunder

Post by valerio »

Gamewolf67 wrote:Fido sure is looking Joey today, even Baily than usual!

I'm on a roll.
"keep rolling rolling roling, and rolling rolling rolling..."
deepskycyan

Post by deepskycyan »

And then Marvin proceeds to lick the jam off the knife. :D Hmmm tasty...

Nice shadow work there. I think the speech bubble shadows really contribute to that dramatic atmosphere.
"Reality continues to ruin my life." -B. Watterson
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

deepskycyan wrote:And then Marvin proceeds to lick the jam off the knife. :D Hmmm tasty...
That's pretty hardcore.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
TheOne
Location: Trapped in the center of the Galaxy. Need a starship to get out!

Post by TheOne »

Sleet wrote:
deepskycyan wrote:And then Marvin proceeds to lick the jam off the knife. :D Hmmm tasty...
That's pretty hardcore.
No, that's staying in character.
Dag nabbed petty annoyances...
Gamewolf67

Post by Gamewolf67 »

valerio wrote:
Gamewolf67 wrote:Fido sure is looking Joey today, even Baily than usual!

I'm on a roll.
"keep rolling rolling roling, and rolling rolling rolling..."
Antares sure is looking Aldebaran, even Mizar than usual!

(I've read your entire series. Great work!)
Feel my icy wrath!
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

The Vicar wrote:Yes, actually. At this point in the book, there are 2 women and 5 men left. I'd say: "okay, all 5 of us men are going to stay in each other's sight 24/7 from now until the boat comes back, so that if one of us tries to kill anyone the other 4 can stop him, and all of you (the murderer excepted) have a vested interest in doing the same. And if there's some sort of birdie trap set in advance, at least we'll know for certain that it was a birdie trap and not waste time figuring out alibis." It's a bit more problematic for the women — they can't very well go to the bathroom with the men (not in that time period!), and if one of them were the murderer they could still manage to polish off the other and claim it was a birdie trap set in advance. But it would still be better than doing nothing. And in the book, at least, this strategy would work, because there are no more surprises set in advance.
Yeeaaah, you go ahead and do that. Me? I'm going to swim to the mainland.
TheOne wrote:
Sleet wrote:
That's pretty hardcore.
No, that's staying in character.
The character does that?!

D:

:D kewl!
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!
Gamewolf67

Post by Gamewolf67 »

The Vicar wrote:Yes, actually. At this point in the book, there are 2 women and 5 men left. I'd say: "okay, all 5 of us men are going to stay in each other's sight 24/7 from now until the boat comes back, so that if one of us tries to kill anyone the other 4 can stop him, and all of you (the murderer excepted) have a vested interest in doing the same. And if there's some sort of birdie trap set in advance, at least we'll know for certain that it was a birdie trap and not waste time figuring out alibis." It's a bit more problematic for the women — they can't very well go to the bathroom with the men (not in that time period!), and if one of them were the murderer they could still manage to polish off the other and claim it was a birdie trap set in advance. But it would still be better than doing nothing. And in the book, at least, this strategy would work, because there are no more surprises set in advance.
I still hope this will actually happen. It'll make the story porgress to a fitting climax.
Feel my icy wrath!
The Vicar

Post by The Vicar »

Silly Zealot wrote:Yeeaaah, you go ahead and do that. Me? I'm going to swim to the mainland.
In the book, there's a major storm either going on now or obviously about to start. It was forecast by an old fisherman that one of the characters meets on the way over, and they remark on how terrible it is. In addition, one of the characters checks, and the island is too far from land to signal by heliogram. So the rest of us will make sure to fish your corpse as we pass by on the boat.

Oh, and by the way: at this point, I'm starting to feel like It Just Isn't A Real Post If It Doesn't Have Spoilers In It™. :shock:
RatHead

Post by RatHead »

The Vicar wrote:Oh, and by the way: at this point, I'm starting to feel like It Just Isn't A Real Post If It Doesn't Have Spoilers In It™. :shock:
*game show announcer voice* ITTTTT'S WHAT'S HE GONNA SAY UNDER THE SPOILER?!!!!!! annnnd Correct answer gets ONE MILLION DOLLARS!!!!

HP! Messenger
Limp-in around eatin a dirty rubber Bizkit
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Is the correct answer "You should only use the spoiler tags for actual spoilers and using them for other purposes may result in sanctions?"

'Cause I really hope that's the correct answer.

I really do.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

The Vicar wrote:
Silly Zealot wrote:Yeeaaah, you go ahead and do that. Me? I'm going to swim to the mainland.
In the book, there's a major storm either going on now or obviously about to start. It was forecast by an old fisherman that one of the characters meets on the way over, and they remark on how terrible it is. In addition, one of the characters checks, and the island is too far from land to signal by heliogram. So the rest of us will make sure to fish your corpse as we pass by on the boat.
Wait, You have a boat?! What other things have you been hiding from the rest of us?
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!
RatHead

Post by RatHead »

Dissension wrote:Is the correct answer "You should only use the spoiler tags for actual spoilers and using them for other purposes may result in sanctions?"

'Cause I really hope that's the correct answer.

I really do.
*Gulp* O.O EEP!

Uhhhh, no?

Here's your million dollars?
Attachments
GAA, EEEEP!<br /><br /><br />(HEY this is my first photo edit of this type SO BE NICE)
GAA, EEEEP!

(HEY this is my first photo edit of this type SO BE NICE)
2013-03-22-cats-will-be-cats.png (14.78 KiB) Viewed 3352 times

HP! Messenger
Limp-in around eatin a dirty rubber Bizkit