HPU:Applegate

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Seth
Moshpit Addict

Re: Pet Friendly:Applegate

Post by Seth »

serence ice fox wrote:
Seth wrote: "Well that sounds like some nasty business. Is everyone ok? " Gage didn't want to reveal too much and cause a panic but he was going to make sure he got some kind of information about this. He didn't want to even think about what would happen if "The Hunter" he had dealt with earleir was making a mess of things again. This sounded like a different matter entirely but it couldn't hurt to pry a little.....
"yes , luckily no one got hurt , Grace's owner came in just in time and somehow stopped the possession .After that he took her home ,we were thinking about checking up on her actually , would you like to come ?"
"Well yeah but are you sure that'll be ok? I mean I don't even know Grace."
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

Seth wrote: "Well yeah but are you sure that'll be ok? I mean I don't even know Grace."
"well....I don't know really , but she seems nice and friendly , and she told us that today was her first day in town , beside it's not like anyone of us met her before today , so I don't think it would be that much of a problem" Serenade answered , then look around a bit , wanting to know the others' opinion on the matter
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

serence ice fox wrote:
Seth wrote: "Well yeah but are you sure that'll be ok? I mean I don't even know Grace."
"well....I don't know really , but she seems nice and friendly , and she told us that today was her first day in town , beside it's not like anyone of us met her before today , so I don't think it would be that much of a problem" Serenade answered , then look around a bit , wanting to know the others' opinion on the matter
Duke glanced over with a slight smile, having been slightly out of it in thought he didn't even notice the other pet walk in, though he felt like if he said anything it may be rude this late. He spoke up though still smiling
"Sounds good to me"
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Miles poked the jade block with his finger. Then he did it again. He looked at it from the left, then the right. Tilting his head dramatically as he did so. He then touched it once more.

"Kind of, I dunno, unwieldy for her to carry that every where at it's size, don't ya think?" Miles said.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

valerio wrote:<Aw, c'mon!> absurdly as it seemed, The Hunter almost looked sheepish as he spoke. <Where's your sense of adventure? now that this pup is growing some guts, you should encourage him, not scare him off.>
<I can be at both places at the same time, Tara,> Hubert added. <Byt if you wish to leave...>
I think I'd rather stay with buster for now, but let me know if I'm needed there, Tara replied
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:I think I'd rather stay with buster for now, but let me know if I'm needed there, Tara replied
<That will be my duty.>
"Sooo," Janus asked to the rat. "Have you been living here all the time?"
"Hey, no natural predators, no rent, lots of space and all the room to stock food. Why do you think I try and scare off you bunch of intruders? You guys are the first to come all the way. But of course you have your own ghost, no fair." And he started grumbling something about rabbits. "Bet you're not that gutsy without your spirit thing, longear."
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

"And I bet you wouldn't want to find out," Buster replied with a smile. "Be glad you aren't on my bad side."
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

valerio wrote:"Bilocation is one of the first basic talents I learnt while in life, my child. As for the amulet, the box and its contents, they all come from a secret temple of that Order I attended in my mortal existence. The wood is Bodhi tree, carved from the actual tree where Buddha used to sit before achieving enlightment. It is a most revered material, you are asked to take care of it with outmost reverence.
"The plectrum will serve you to practice in the fine art of Fuji, what mortals of this country call 'automatic writing'. It will help you contact the Beyond and write their words without being possessed, thank to the amulet. This will be your first stage in mastering your arts.
"The Hell Money will serve to buy your safety from the greedy spirits in the second part of our lessons, the Yum Si Lou, during which you will walk through the Beyond.
"And finally, and only when you are ready to defend yourself from the most powerful forces, the peach wood sword carved in the wood from Long Mountain will serve you well. Although this last tool is more related to the Taoism, its power will not interfere with your soul."
After a short pause, Hubert added, "Tianlong and I became...good friends before I was finally brought to the higher plane of existence, and it was her who guided me into being what I am." There was no mistaking the slight wag of his tail tip and the sudden change in his blue hue that went through the body.
As Hubert explained the history and function of each of the artifacts on her lap, Grace felt rather light-headed. Not from any possession, but from the explanation. She heard what Hubert was saying and she had read enough side materials to know about the history of Buddha and the Fuji art. But if what he was saying was true, then it meant that this small dragon was really in fact, a deity or spirit guardian of sorts, or maybe even a bodhisattva, an enlightened being . Shaking her head, the ermine decided to just accept everything without further question, and grasping the amulet on her paw, she said, "Well, I must say this is quite an honour, although I'm not that engrossed in Buddhism as Timmy is. Thank you for bestowing upon me these treasures and I'll make sure to take care of them."

Still, she noticed the tail wag, and the change in hue of the ethereal dragon's body, and as incredulous as it might be, she understood those gestures. She couldn't help but smile. "You must have enjoyed your time with the Tianlong, right?"
xhunterko wrote:Miles poked the jade block with his finger. Then he did it again. He looked at it from the left, then the right. Tilting his head dramatically as he did so. He then touched it once more.

"Kind of, I dunno, unwieldy for her to carry that every where at it's size, don't ya think?" Miles said.
Grace held the jade amulet in her paw, and said, "Hmm, it is rather big, but if what I have read about it was right, the larger size would equate to a higher level of power within it. Anyways--" She lifted the amulet easily. "--this is not as heavy as it looks."

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
valerio

Post by valerio »

kurowolfe wrote:As Hubert explained the history and function of each of the artifacts on her lap, Grace felt rather light-headed. Not from any possession, but from the explanation. She heard what Hubert was saying and she had read enough side materials to know about the history of Buddha and the Fuji art. But if what he was saying was true, then it meant that this small dragon was really in fact, a deity or spirit guardian of sorts, or maybe even a bodhisattva, an enlightened being . Shaking her head, the ermine decided to just accept everything without further question, and grasping the amulet on her paw, she said, "Well, I must say this is quite an honour, although I'm not that engrossed in Buddhism as Timmy is. Thank you for bestowing upon me these treasures and I'll make sure to take care of them."
Still, she noticed the tail wag, and the change in hue of the ethereal dragon's body, and as incredulous as it might be, she understood those gestures. She couldn't help but smile. "You must have enjoyed your time with the Tianlong, right?"
xhunterko wrote:Miles poked the jade block with his finger. Then he did it again. He looked at it from the left, then the right. Tilting his head dramatically as he did so. He then touched it once more.

Grace held the jade amulet in her paw, and said, "Hmm, it is rather big, but if what I have read about it was right, the larger size would equate to a higher level of power within it. Anyways--" She lifted the amulet easily. "--this is not as heavy as it looks."
"Oh...well, it was something that went beyond the...mere necessities of the mortal shell," He answered, for the first time sounding shy. Luckily, Janus nor the Hunter were there to see his reaction. Then the small dragon cleared his throat. "But there will be time to talk about that, later. As for what puzzles you, size matters not my child. Here." He waved a clawed finger, and a moment later, the amulet shrunk enough to lay in her palm, to be worn arround her neck like any other pendant. "Its power remains unchanged, for it derives from the blessing it was imposed with.
"I chose Buddhist paraphernalia, since your brother is warding you with rituals related to said creed; but if you are more comfortable with another, just let me know."
sunauto

Post by sunauto »

Marine Fox wrote:
serence ice fox wrote:
Duke glanced over with a slight smile, having been slightly out of it in thought he didn't even notice the other pet walk in, though he felt like if he said anything it may be rude this late. He spoke up though still smiling
"Sounds good to me"
Flinches a bit as Duke speaks up. The black canine had almost forgotten about the fox up to this point. "err yeah she seemed nice, to be honest, you all are rather nice. Then again where we used to live there wasn't a lot of pets for me to visit with. He chose to keep out the part about before being adopted at the animal shelter.
Like shadows upon the wall you see only the action, not the reason behind it.

Character sheet for Riley Breen
http://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/vi ... 57#p503857
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"Oh come on now, tell at least a little," Miles said with a playful smile, teasing the spirit dragon, "It's your own fault for mentioning it."
valerio

Post by valerio »

xhunterko wrote:"Oh come on now, tell at least a little," Miles said with a playful smile, teasing the spirit dragon, "It's your own fault for mentioning it."
Hubert's snout went from the ghost cat to the living ermine. "You two will not give me rest until I narrate, am I correct?"
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Miles couldn't help himself from giggling!

"Eh heh heh heh eh heh heh eh heh your reaction is priceless, eh heh heh heh hoo heh heh eh heh," Miles said, then composed himself, noting the dragon's slight irritation, "Eh hem, heh eh hem. But no, eh heh, that would be mean, heh heh. Maybe some other, eh heh, heh heh, eh hem. Time would be, eh heh heh, good, eh heh."
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Grace couldn't help but giggle along as well, but managed to compose herself quite quickly. "I'm with Miles on this one. Maybe next time Hubert, when you're more comfortable about talking about it."
The ermine cleared her throat, and said, "So, back to business, I think I'll stick to these Hubert. Even if I'm not really into it, I am more comfortable with using artifacts that I am more familiar with. Besides, I don't want to start a clash of effects from different charms from different ideologies and faiths." She held the now-small amulet in her paw.
"So, you did mention that each of these are for a specific training? Mind explaining the training plan again?"

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
valerio

Post by valerio »

By the time Miles was giggling himself crazy, Hubert had started flashing like a traffic light. He thus was very glad for Grace's intervention.
"*herm* Well, there are three steps into your training.
"The first step, being getting in touch with the beyond, using your own body to let them talk to us, so that we can tell the more benevolent presences from the evil ones.
"The second step, crossing the border and stepping into the beyond. The Hell Money will pay your safe passage once we have determined *who* to pay during the first lesson.
"The third step, training you into the art of defense and offense. You are like a beacon to the spirits, this cannot be ignored: And so you shall learn to fight those who want to do you harm. Thus, the sword. It has been blessed so that only the malevolent presence can be harmed by it.
"Throughout your training, the amulet will offer you the ultimate barrier: You cannot be possessed...as long as you wear it, and as you can well imagine, the moment it is removed, you are once again exposed. And no one can tell the circumstances that will lead to the separation. That is why you must be ready to defend yourself with your own strength, body and soul."
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"Oh, I don't mind." Lyn told Serenade.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Gage was relieved that everyone was so open to his tagging along he was determined to make sure this possession didn't have anything to do with the creature he and his friends had fought earlier. "Well if you guys are sure I won't be too much of a bother I'd like to go. WHen did you want to leave?"
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Seth wrote:Gage was relieved that everyone was so open to his tagging along he was determined to make sure this possession didn't have anything to do with the creature he and his friends had fought earlier. "Well if you guys are sure I won't be too much of a bother I'd like to go. WHen did you want to leave?"
"well......erm.....I think we were actually about to leave now , so.....I guess we could go now if you guys ready" Serenade answered , while trying to make sure that she didn't forget anyway , then the fox remembered Jessie , who's been quiet the whole time , who could blame her really , but still, she had to ask "Jessie ? You ready to go see if Grace is ok now ?"
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

valerio wrote:By the time Miles was giggling himself crazy, Hubert had started flashing like a traffic light. He thus was very glad for Grace's intervention.
"*herm* Well, there are three steps into your training.
"The first step, being getting in touch with the beyond, using your own body to let them talk to us, so that we can tell the more benevolent presences from the evil ones.
"The second step, crossing the border and stepping into the beyond. The Hell Money will pay your safe passage once we have determined *who* to pay during the first lesson.
"The third step, training you into the art of defense and offense. You are like a beacon to the spirits, this cannot be ignored: And so you shall learn to fight those who want to do you harm. Thus, the sword. It has been blessed so that only the malevolent presence can be harmed by it.
"Throughout your training, the amulet will offer you the ultimate barrier: You cannot be possessed...as long as you wear it, and as you can well imagine, the moment it is removed, you are once again exposed. And no one can tell the circumstances that will lead to the separation. That is why you must be ready to defend yourself with your own strength, body and soul."
Grace quietly nodded after each stage was explained by the dragon, showing comprehension. "So, in all, I'll be training to be a seance who could also travel in the world beyond and fight evil spirits off? Alright, seems comprehensive enough."

She looked at the amulet. "But how can I carry this amulet around without having to hold it all the time? Hmm..." She was lost in thought for two moments, before placing all the artifacts gingerly on the couch. She walked over to a chest drawer, and opened the middle of three drawers. After some rummaging around, she pulled out a piece of red knitting thread about 1.5 metres long. She doubled it up, and threaded the thread through a loop barely noticeable on top of the amulet. The ermine tied up the loose ends into one big loop, then wore the now amulet necklace around her neck.

"This seems about right. Is this okay, Hubert?" she asked.

valerio

Post by valerio »

"Quite creative. I appreciate it. Miles? Perhaps would you like to assist?"
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Miles was momentarily lost in his thoughts.

"Hm? Oh, how so?" He asked.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Hubert facewinged. "You. Ghost. Possession. Exercise."
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

serence ice fox wrote:
Seth wrote:Gage was relieved that everyone was so open to his tagging along he was determined to make sure this possession didn't have anything to do with the creature he and his friends had fought earlier. "Well if you guys are sure I won't be too much of a bother I'd like to go. WHen did you want to leave?"
"well......erm.....I think we were actually about to leave now , so.....I guess we could go now if you guys ready" Serenade answered , while trying to make sure that she didn't forget anyway , then the fox remembered Jessie , who's been quiet the whole time , who could blame her really , but still, she had to ask "Jessie ? You ready to go see if Grace is ok now ?"
Jessie heard the conversation as if listening through water, blurred and unclear. Yet when Serenade said her name the water seemed to clear..

"Hm? Oh, yeah.." She replied quietly, trying to smile.

She then looked around at everyone for a moment, then shifted to the edge of the seat and waited for Serenade to lead.
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

~\Rook/~ wrote: Jessie heard the conversation as if listening through water, blurred and unclear. Yet when Serenade said her name the water seemed to clear..

She then looked around at everyone for a moment, then shifted to the edge of the seat and waited for Serenade to lead.
"ok then" Serenade nodded , then looked at the others "So if we are all ready , I guess we can go , Grace's owner said their house is the second one from the park right ?"
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"Oh, all right," Miles said, rolling off the couch and then getting behind Grace. He hesitated a moment.

"I do not like to do this, but you are my sensai, I will obey," Miles said, then he proceeded to attempt to possess Grace, following the same method he used on Duke.
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

When Hubert asked Miles to possess her, Grace was feeling a little apprehensive herself, not because of the dread of being controlled by a ghost, but because Miles seemed to really regret doing so earlier. Nevertheless, she stood silently, wanting to see if the amulet worked.

As soon as Miles tried to enter her body with the intent to take control, the amulet shone a dull golden light, and a protective barrier with octagonal surfaces became visible briefly, knocking the white cat away from the ermine. Once he was repelled, the barrier disappeared.

"Not bad woh. Are you alright Miles?" Grace asked him.

xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Miles was currently waving his hands and feet in the air on his back.

"Ohhhh, loooook mommmmy, starssssss! Lotssss and lotssss of purtttttttttty starsssssssss! Can I havvvvvvvvvvve onnnnnnnnne mommmmmmmy, cannnnn I pleeeeeese?" Miles said, dazed.
valerio

Post by valerio »

"Satisfying," Hubert said. "Now for the next step: remove your protection, Grace."
sunauto

Post by sunauto »

serence ice fox wrote:
~\Rook/~ wrote: Jessie heard the conversation as if listening through water, blurred and unclear. Yet when Serenade said her name the water seemed to clear..

"ok then" Serenade nodded , then looked at the others "So if we are all ready , I guess we can go , Grace's owner said their house is the second one from the park right ?"
Nods his head "Err um yeah I think so if not I'm sure I could pick up on her scent easy enough." Without further word he slides out of the booth seat and heads to the door before holding it open for all of them.
Like shadows upon the wall you see only the action, not the reason behind it.

Character sheet for Riley Breen
http://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/vi ... 57#p503857
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

The ermine knelt down near Miles, and wanted to help him up, but stopped herself. The amulet would only push him even further. "Miles dearest, mummy can't give the purty stars, they're up there in the sky for everyone." She didn't understand why she spoke like that, almost like cooing to a baby. Hearing herself, she showed this sad smile.

She then heard what Hubert said. "Are you sure Hubert?"

Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

sunauto wrote:
serence ice fox wrote:

Nods his head "Err um yeah I think so if not I'm sure I could pick up on her scent easy enough." Without further word he slides out of the booth seat and heads to the door before holding it open for all of them.
"Sounds good to me. I'll grab some food later. Let's get going."Gage got up and followed the others out of the restaurant.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Miles snapped out of it after a moment and shook his head.

"Oof, that was neat," he said, then he got up and brushed himself off, "Sure or not, he is our instructor."
valerio

Post by valerio »

Hubert nodded at Miles, speaking to him with sincere admiration. "That is more than a correct statement. It is a fact that can determine the difference between success and failure." He turned to Grace. "My child, questioning your teacher on these matters may prove fatal. You must trust me not on your evaluation of my thoughts, but on the fact that there is no questioning. Now, are you two ready now?"
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"Yeah, let's go." Lyn said, following after everyone else.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Serenade nodded , then looked over at Jessie "Come on Jessie , let's go" she said , trying to help the dog get back to her feet before following the others out of the shop and headed toward Grace's house
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

valerio wrote:Hubert nodded at Miles, speaking to him with sincere admiration. "That is more than a correct statement. It is a fact that can determine the difference between success and failure." He turned to Grace. "My child, questioning your teacher on these matters may prove fatal. You must trust me not on your evaluation of my thoughts, but on the fact that there is no questioning. Now, are you two ready now?"
Grace nodded, for once not showing any emotions on her face. Though inside, she chastised herself for forgetting the fundamentals about learning under a teacher. She would be surprised if there were no divine retribution later on.

"Understood." She closed her eyes for a bit, emptying her mind, and putting her whole trust into her now-shifu. With a soft exhalation, she opened her eyes and faced Hubert. "Wo zhun bei, shifu."

((OOC: Translation - "I'm ready, teacher/master."))

valerio

Post by valerio »

Hubert felt quite pleased with this pupil, although not only he couldn't tell her, not at this stage -not to mention that Miles could get jealous, and strong negative emotions were never a good things for ghosts... "Very good. Now remove your protection and put it on the floor. Then open the box and take the writing tools. You will find some bamboo paper and ink as well.
"Miles, once she is done, possess her. I have taught you how to moderate your hunger, so stick to what you learnt. Grace fall not into panic."
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

serence ice fox wrote:Serenade nodded , then looked over at Jessie "Come on Jessie , let's go" she said , trying to help the dog get back to her feet before following the others out of the shop and headed toward Grace's house
Jessie gave a short nod, responding instantly. She hopped off her seat and followed the group sticking close to Serenade, close enough to grab her arm if need be..
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Miles nodded nervously. Though he wondered what the writing implements would be for.
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

valerio wrote:Hubert felt quite pleased with this pupil, although not only he couldn't tell her, not at this stage -not to mention that Miles could get jealous, and strong negative emotions were never a good things for ghosts... "Very good. Now remove your protection and put it on the floor. Then open the box and take the writing tools. You will find some bamboo paper and ink as well.
"Miles, once she is done, possess her. I have taught you how to moderate your hunger, so stick to what you learnt. Grace fall not into panic."
"Okay," said Grace. She removed her amulet and placed it on the coffee table, before taking the planchette and the writing implements and placing them on the table as well. Might as well place the box on it as well, she thought as she did just that right after.
xhunterko wrote:Miles nodded nervously. Though he wondered what the writing implements would be for.
Grace smiled warmly, as she sat back on the couch. "Aren't you the one who told me you have to trust our shifu? Relax." Maybe it was the presence of the omniscient winged dragon, or maybe she managed to get to know Miles better before this, but she was much more at ease at the whole possessing thing. She opened her arms in an embrace. "I'm all yours Miles, I trust you."