Pet Friendly: Main OOC

Putting dead threads to bed, Jed

Moderator: ArcWolf

69eist

Re: Pet Friendly: Main OOC

Post by 69eist »

You'll have to look this up but some people who's zodiac has an affinity to the horse or is the horse this year may have some boosted luck this year, does who have a negative affinity may not have one so much.
My Personas

Remember the past to understand the present. That way, we can look forward to the future.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

It seems to me that there is a reasonable amount of demand from newbies, returning players and experienced players who never left alike for a new, simple, run-of-the-mill PF-RP. Who would be interested in joining if I made one? I do have an idea for it already, so here's a brief run-down of what I've got:

Neighbourhood name: Sandy Creek
Description: Sandy Creek is a quiet little town built along the mouth of the creek of the same name in Southern California. Being along the fault line, they get their fair share of earthquakes but the residents take it in their stride since they're all well used to it. The creek in the town is crystal clear and the town prides itself on its cleanliness, making the creek and the beach perfect places for swimming. A few hundred yards up the coast, the beach turns to dunes which rise to cliffs thrown up by an ancient and powerful tremor. Down the coast lies an ancient shipwreck; a jagged hole in its side provides easy access to the internal structures and thus to the top decks several yards above the beach. Both the shipwreck, and the dunes and cliffs provide many opportunities for pets to explore and play. The town is built along both banks of the creek and two bridges connect the two halves, one for traffic and one closer to the sea for pedestrians. There is a park and a playground complete with barbecue shelter and restrooms on the grassy bank of the creek and a restaurant, designed to cater for pets and owners alike, provides another gathering place, made all the more popular by the regular appearances of local and imported performers, including bands, singers, magicians and circus performers. There is a large sports field which doubles as a drive in/walk in theatre, a railway station, a well-stocked supermarket and a veterinary clinic all located within easy walking distance of the town centre.

OK, so apparently I've thought about it more than I realised but there you go. What do you guys think? Who wants in?
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Hotep the psychic

Post by Hotep the psychic »

speaking of which theres also pokepets neighborhood thats up that only needs two more people or joining.
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Hlaoroo wrote:It seems to me that there is a reasonable amount of demand from newbies, returning players and experienced players who never left alike for a new, simple, run-of-the-mill PF-RP. Who would be interested in joining if I made one? I do have an idea for it already, so here's a brief run-down of what I've got:

I'm in! Even though I'm already in like, three other RPs. Lol
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

maybe I'll join in just for fun as well :P
anyway here's another one of my new characters , what do you guys think ? ^^
-Name-
Rocea
-Species-
Black wolf , female
-Age-
9 human years
-Neighborhood-
17th Century Fox (maybe?)
-Appearance-
Rocea is a tall , slim black wolf with brown eyes . She doesn’t wear anything except for a dark brown belt that holds 2 knives , apparently made out of stone , one engraved with an image of the sun and the other with the cresent moon , a sachet and a gun .
-Personality-
Rocea is , in a way , an easy going wolf . Most of the time she doesn’t even seem to take anything seriously , no matter what situation she was in ,even in the middle of a fight . Everything seems to be just a game to her ,while some who know her take this as a sign of how dangerous the wolf possibly be , seeing how she would do anything to win these “games” , others just take it as a proof of the wolf being insane and/or drunk . This “carefree , living life to the fullest” kind of attitude is also the biggest source of grief for Ventus , her rat companion
-Back Story-
No one really knows much about Rocea , including her former captain . They said she and her friend just….showed up one day , came directly to the captain himself , and after a very short talk between the two , she was accepted . Neither of them spoke about it afterward , even if asked . After that , while she proved to be a useful member of the ship , there was always this mysterious atmosphere around the wolf . All sort of rumors started going around between the crew about her , and despite the captain’s continous dismiss , the distrusting grew . Then one day they started a mutiny . And that’s where the ship crashed . Rocea and her companion luckily survived and washed up on an island, and had been living there for the last few months , enjoy the scenery ……and the rum ,never forget the rum
-SPECIAL-
S-5
P-6
E-8
C-3
I-5
A-8
L-7
Kateleo007

Post by Kateleo007 »

Hlaoroo wrote:It seems to me that there is a reasonable amount of demand from newbies, returning players and experienced players who never left alike for a new, simple, run-of-the-mill PF-RP. Who would be interested in joining if I made one? I do have an idea for it already, so here's a brief run-down of what I've got:

Description: Sandy Creek is a quiet little town built along the mouth of the creek of the same name in Southern California. Being along the fault line, they get their fair share of earthquakes but the residents take it in their stride since they're all well used to it. The creek in the town is crystal clear and the town prides itself on its cleanliness, making the creek and the beach perfect places for swimming. A few hundred yards up the coast, the beach turns to dunes which rise to cliffs thrown up by an ancient and powerful tremor. Down the coast lies an ancient shipwreck; a jagged hole in its side provides easy access to the internal structures and thus to the top decks several yards above the beach. Both the shipwreck, and the dunes and cliffs provide many opportunities for pets to explore and play. The town is built along both banks of the creek and two bridges connect the two halves, one for traffic and one closer to the sea for pedestrians. There is a park and a playground complete with barbecue shelter and restrooms on the grassy bank of the creek and a restaurant, designed to cater for pets and owners alike, provides another gathering place, made all the more popular by the regular appearances of local and imported performers, including bands, singers, magicians and circus performers. There is a large sports field which doubles as a drive in/walk in theatre, a railway station, a well-stocked supermarket and a veterinary clinic all located within easy walking distance of the town centre.

OK, so apparently I've thought about it more than I realised but there you go. What do you guys think? Who wants in?
Have you ever visited/lived in down here? You just described an area near San Clemente, but instead of bridges, there's a freeway and boardwalk. Also I'd support that RP, probably couldn't play because of my amount of free-time, but I'd support creating another beginner one since almost all of the existing ones are full.

Jack the Eevee and Barb the Buizel

George "Geo" Walker......S-8 P-4 E-7 C-7 I-6 A-7 L-3
Thank you kurowolfe for the banner!

3DS Friend Code: 1006 0495 4065
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Hotep: I don't know the first thing about pokemon so I won't be joining that one. Sorry. ;)

Rook: I'm already in 5 others. You have some catching up to do. :P Welcome aboard!

Serence: Thanks for joining up. ;) As to your character for 17CF, I like her a lot! She's in!

Kateleo007: Thanks for the support, even if you aren't joining. And no, I've never set foot in the States, let alone in Southern California. I had no idea any of that stuff was anything like reality. Is that your area, if you don't mind my asking?

Disclaimer: Sandy Creek and all persons and places therein are products of the author's imagination. Any similarities to actual places or persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

So, we're already up to 3 people, counting me. That's a great start!

Mods: if you disapprove of this, let me know and I'll take it down again immediately.
Last edited by Hlaoroo on Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Thanks :D I'm also working on a rat character (Ventus) for 17CF , will post him asap
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Sandy Creek sounds pretty cool. Mind if I join?
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Sure. That's now 4 people.

Just so everyone knows, Sandy Creek does not yet have mod approval so it may or may not actually be going ahead. I'll keep you all updated. ;)
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

unfortunately, we aren;t really accepting new PF neighborhoods at the moment, since (as far as I know) we have neighborhood that still have open space and need more players, and I don't think PF is difficult enough to need a specific "beginner's" neighborhood, and Esper agrees.

But we haven;t talked to raccoon yet, so if he says differently we might accept it then. but until then we're only taking non-PF neighborhoods (like the pokemon one and SRPs)

but let me check one thing, I just realized I might reconsider.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

I'd go for it.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

aww that's a shame , hope it will be reconsidered though
meanwhile here's my second character for 17CF , after this one is accepted I guess I'll start ^^

-Name-
Ventus
-Species-
Black rat
-Age-
-Neighborhood-
17th Century Fox
-Appearance-
ventus is a a little bit short , even for a rat , with black eyes . he carries around a long neddle to use as a sword
-Personality-
A laid back rat who just wanted a a peaceful life , poor Ventus , due to whatever reason he still count’s figured out til this days , stick around with Rocea , whose irresponsibility drives him insane , not to mention all the unneeded risk she loooove to takes “just for the thrill of it” , which almost scared him to dead more than once . So no matter how much he dislike it , eventually he has to be the responsible one of the two , occasionally reminds the wold what she has to do and all that . Even worse for the rat he’s not the luckiest rat around , which leads to some frustration situation . But in the end , being a loyal companion and somewhat stubborn , he would never give up , and so far it seems to work out fine for him.
-Back Story-
Back when he was little , Ventus always wanted to go out on an adventure , and so when he was old enough , he did . Along the way he met Rocea , and saw how she….handled things . At the time it seems excited , and fun , so he tagged along , and the wolf agreed . Little did the little guy know that day was the first of many chaotic days of his life….Which would have ended when the ship sunk if Rocea hadn’t saved him , and even though he’s grateful for that , the rat still can’t help but being furious seeing how relaxed his companion is, given the fact that it’s been months and they still hadn’t got off that island.
-SPECIAL-
S-4
P-8
E-8
C-3
I-7
A-9
L-3
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

I'd like to join! Although, I am in a lot of them.

Hey Avipets neighborehood. I won't be able to play due to lack of time and imagination.
I can't picture myself long term in the neighborehood and wish to resign. Sorry :/
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Well, I didn't intend Sandy Creek just for beginners - I meant it as a simple PF one that anyone could join since the other Pf ones (that I've been watching, at least) have seemed to be full and turning new players away.

However, I will adhere to the mods decision.

Sorry, everyone, but Sandy Creek is a no-go.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

for now anyway , brent said he would probably reconsider it , so.... ^^
69eist

Post by 69eist »

The avipets-merpets rp is still open to new players even thought like there are only four of us. It's non-pf and I need about two more members to pm if interested.

Also if Sandy Creek gets approved, I'd like a slot please.
My Personas

Remember the past to understand the present. That way, we can look forward to the future.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

I can't help but wonder if a new PF-RP would draw new RPers to the forum who might then branch out into the other RPs while they're here. After all, that's what I did.

As I've said though, I won't contest the mods' decision. I may not agree with it, but they are the authority here so I shall respect that.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

69eist

Post by 69eist »

Has anyone ever made it a holiday within a RP? This question has been bugging me for weeks.
My Personas

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

serence ice fox wrote:aww that's a shame , hope it will be reconsidered though
meanwhile here's my second character for 17CF , after this one is accepted I guess I'll start ^^

-Name-
Ventus
-Species-
Black rat
-Age-
-Neighborhood-
17th Century Fox
-Appearance-
ventus is a a little bit short , even for a rat , with black eyes . he carries around a long neddle to use as a sword
-Personality-
A laid back rat who just wanted a a peaceful life , poor Ventus , due to whatever reason he still count’s figured out til this days , stick around with Rocea , whose irresponsibility drives him insane , not to mention all the unneeded risk she loooove to takes “just for the thrill of it” , which almost scared him to dead more than once . So no matter how much he dislike it , eventually he has to be the responsible one of the two , occasionally reminds the wold what she has to do and all that . Even worse for the rat he’s not the luckiest rat around , which leads to some frustration situation . But in the end , being a loyal companion and somewhat stubborn , he would never give up , and so far it seems to work out fine for him.
-Back Story-
Back when he was little , Ventus always wanted to go out on an adventure , and so when he was old enough , he did . Along the way he met Rocea , and saw how she….handled things . At the time it seems excited , and fun , so he tagged along , and the wolf agreed . Little did the little guy know that day was the first of many chaotic days of his life….Which would have ended when the ship sunk if Rocea hadn’t saved him , and even though he’s grateful for that , the rat still can’t help but being furious seeing how relaxed his companion is, given the fact that it’s been months and they still hadn’t got off that island.
-SPECIAL-
S-4
P-8
E-8
C-3
I-7
A-9
L-3
Ventus looks good too. He's good to go. ;)
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

D-Singer

Post by D-Singer »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:unfortunately, we aren;t really accepting new PF neighborhoods at the moment, since (as far as I know) we have neighborhood that still have open space and need more players, and I don't think PF is difficult enough to need a specific "beginner's" neighborhood, and Esper agrees.

But we haven;t talked to raccoon yet, so if he says differently we might accept it then. but until then we're only taking non-PF neighborhoods (like the pokemon one and SRPs)

but let me check one thing, I just realized I might reconsider.
I would support this, seeing as how my own RPG (Edge City) had all but completely died.

I know there are at least some new RPers here...

Nobody into slenderman/creepypastas/ horror genera?

Or is EC just really poorly advertised due to it's own inactivity?
Richardson Valley RP: Blood
Edge City RP: Zaya & Cruiser
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

to be honest I find EC really interesting , being a horror fan myself , it's just that I only know bits and pieces of those types of horror so I didn't think I could be fit in that RP ^^" , but that's just me
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

I also don't know much about creepypasta stuff, and I managed to fit in.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

I'm not a fan of the horror genre so I don't think I'd go well there at all.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

69eist

Post by 69eist »

I'm admit I'm a big fat chicken when it comes to the spooky stuff. It's not the thought of experiencing those things that scare me though, it's the dark mind who thought of these I fear.
My Personas

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

I actually started reading Edge City before I got an account, but I didn't get back to it.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

ironically enough , in the RP , all the groups (I think there were only a group and a couple , but still) were being chased by one thing or another , the plot was going into the climatic phase.....and then it abruptly ends :shock:
........no one knows what happened after that....til this day...... :twisted:
on a serious note though it really is a shame :( , if only someone could get EC back up and running again
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

*Eye gleams*
Kateleo007

Post by Kateleo007 »

All they'd really need is two or three active RPers to get it back up and running.

kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

I'm sorry, I've gotten one of the worst flus in my life. Cant even think straight. Will comebacl latwr.

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Get Well soon!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

^^ What he said. Flu's no fun so get well soon!
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

it went quiet suddenly...
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Well, I'm finally over that horrible allergy flu. Apparently my hometown is too cold for me, so theoretically if I were to go to the US during the polar vortex episode, I'd die in 15 minutes.

Anyways, I think I got a good way to write for them characters while I was away, so it's all good.
Hotep the psychic wrote:Question What animal represents the new year for you? by zodiac if you follow that I mean.
I'm born under the year of the Horse. This year's Wood Horse.

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
D-Singer

Post by D-Singer »

Kateleo007 wrote:All they'd really need is two or three active RPers to get it back up and running.
I will absolutely restart that rp if it means getting a consistent post rate going again.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

D-Singer wrote:
Kateleo007 wrote:All they'd really need is two or three active RPers to get it back up and running.
I will absolutely restart that rp if it means getting a consistent post rate going again.
Assuming that by restart you mean like rebooting a franchise, then I'll definitely join edge city. (We are talking about edge city right?) I feel my last attempt to join went wrong. My spelling check ruined a post that I forgot to double check before I posted it, and due to a glitch I forgot to add something to my character that without he just seemed Mary-sueish. (If you want to know PM me, I won't say it here) The point is, if you're restarting edge city, I would like to join.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Kateleo007

Post by Kateleo007 »

I'd join edge city too, if you're going to reboot it. EC is about horror, but not of the slasher film variety right?

D-Singer

Post by D-Singer »

More abstract/subtle horror.

Though one character did try to gut himself with a pocket knife after the smile.dog forced him to eat him alive...
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

D, I think it might actually be your Cruiser's turn to reply in EC
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

If we're restarting edge city we're keeping slenderman right? This might be a stupid question but I just want to make sure.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?