Human friends

Discuss the comic here

Human friends

Post by 0404 »

Just wondering, why doesn't any pet has any of human friends? Not talking about human owner or human family. Human friends.
Are they just too different to hang around with?
MapleRatty

Re: Human friends

Post by MapleRatty »

I always figured most of the human kids are grown up, and don't have time to play with the pets, because they're working or moved away.

Also, it seems that the main cast is a VERY tiny portion of the town, and there has been at least one strip with a kid playing with a pet, so maybe there are humans that play, the main cast is just in a part of the town where there are no kids.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Otaku-Boy wrote:I always figured most of the human kids are grown up, and don't have time to play with the pets, because they're working or moved away.

Also, it seems that the main cast is a VERY tiny portion of the town, and there has been at least one strip with a kid playing with a pet, so maybe there are humans that play, the main cast is just in a part of the town where there are no kids.
I'm pretty sure this is the case, Babylon Gardens just doesn't have many kids in it or at least not many young enough to want to play with the Pets in their games and stuff.
Gren

Post by Gren »

maybe because of this
ImageImage
holmebrian

Post by holmebrian »

not all kids are like that
valerio

Post by valerio »

...then surely because of this
MapleRatty

Post by MapleRatty »

Im pretty sure that guy was just a brat(as his tag says)...

Post by 0404 »

they you go out and make human friends.
dogs are man's best friend
Punchy

Post by Punchy »

I think the pets would rather hangout around their own kind.
Besides that, kids would have to go to school for most of the day anyway.
Panda Panda Panda
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

From what we know of BG, there are very few kids. The comic's focus is more about animals and the stuff they get up to and their interactions which each other.
RainbowDragon

Post by RainbowDragon »

Well, the focus of the Comic are of course the pets, but it would be interesting to see a bit of more interaction with humans. there were some examples for with I mean, best example here: https://www.housepetscomic.com/2009/06/ ... lled-milk/
So, why not just make a strip with a human just cuddling his pet? Or letting the pet sleep in the bed with the human, like in real Life? ^^

And btw: I liked Miles Idea for Christmas here: https://www.housepetscomic.com/2012/11/30/byobs/
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

You know, that's a very good point. If I'm wrong, go ahead and correct me, but the only human couples I know of are the Sandwiches and the Arbelts. We don't see hints of any others, and neither of them have children. Maybe Babylon gardens is predominantly younger couples who are holding off on parenting, or simply those that don't wish to have children. Henry Milton wanted to make a neighborhood where pets could be treated differently, so maybe that's why family types haven't been entirely attracted there.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Gren

Post by Gren »

D-Rock wrote:...and the Arbelts.
WHAT? Did I miss something?
ImageImage
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Gren wrote:
D-Rock wrote:...and the Arbelts.
WHAT? Did I miss something?
...And looking back through the archives, I realized I messed up on that detail. Mrs. Arbelt was in a guest strip. My bad!
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

D-Rock wrote:You know, that's a very good point. If I'm wrong, go ahead and correct me, but the only human couples I know of are the Sandwiches and the Arbelts. We don't see hints of any others, and neither of them have children. Maybe Babylon gardens is predominantly younger couples who are holding off on parenting, or simply those that don't wish to have children. Henry Milton wanted to make a neighborhood where pets could be treated differently, so maybe that's why family types haven't been entirely attracted there.
I think we may have a winner, there.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I thought the Sandwiches were in their early 30s and everybody else was in their mid-20s? Joel seemed to be in his early-20s.