Project Thread: Babylon Gardens World and Peanut Companion

Now with new GALLERY

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"

Project Thread: Babylon Gardens World and Peanut Companion

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Hello, this is a topic for my multi-webcomic crossover game with the code name of Project "Thread". As of recently, I released information that Peanut was going to be in the game along with the other HP! characters, and that Babylon Gardens would bee a world you would go through (more info here: http://chaokocartoons.deviantart.com/jo ... -429105651). The point of this topic is to take suggestions as to what story arcs should the main character go through, what abilities Peanut will learn, boss ideas, music ideas, and map locations (what is where in babylon gardens).
Here is some early gameplay with Peanut:

And here is some concept I made for Peanut:
Please do support me in this project, I want to give HP! fans the best experience I can, and at the same time bring in readers from other webcomics.
Last edited by CHAOKOCartoons on Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImageImageImage
valerio

Re: Project Thread: Babylon Gardens World and Peanut Compani

Post by valerio »

*hands wallet* How much for a copy of this game?
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

None, it will be a free to download game (mainly due to copyright reasons and because that's just how I roll). :)
ImageImageImageImage
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Peanut used Call for Grape!
"GRAAAAAPE!"
:lol:
The nine-tailed Kitsune of England.
I am Kyuunado Fureatsurī!
Want to talk? PM me or message at [email protected] and add me on Google+
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Kyuubi Kitsune wrote:Peanut used Call for Grape!
"GRAAAAAPE!"
:lol:
Funny that you say that, I was actually thinking about trying to implamate a summoning system, so characters could call another character from their comic to help fight. Peanut's summon would be Grape. I'm sure it's really complicated though.
Also, I forgot to mention that this will be an action RPG (much like kingdom hearts).
ImageImageImageImage
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Boss ideas:

Bino: He would be guarded by some of the dogs from the club because his health would be that of an ice cream cone.

Pete: His fight would be done in stages. First stage is his human form in his house, second stage would be his regular form on the gods U&U table.

That's all I've got.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

demonic Trace, from 2kinds!
Have Nora and the Spirit dragon fight along side Peanut as they battle Trace's dragon!

A beat 'em up stage set in Freefall, where Florence and Peanut escape from the arctic base!

And something with Cblue.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

Bosses:
Pete

Jata

Thomas and Celia Milton

Tarot (she's being mind controlled by the villain)

Keene (he's being mind controlled by the villain)

Music:
Babylon Gardens: either this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XieMBgo2B9s or this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bESWGZqvUQ8

Theme Park World: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4IVamoCTLY

Store: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjDooY1zye8

Battle theme: either this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNi7C6jCMDg or this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fh5Lh2gTwpg

That's all I have for now.
Last edited by Saturn381 on Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gren

Post by Gren »

I am not sure if I get the whole idea but I think this is going to be some kind of action RPG, meaning that there are not much arcs (starred by Peanut) that could be useful for it.
The only ideas I have by the moment are these:

-We're snowed in: Peanut goes to visit Tarot in the middle of a snowstorm and when he arrives to Sabrina's house he learns that the neighborhood is being attacked by the frost giant Aurgelmir and Tarot is fighting with him right now in the spirit world. Then he and Sabrina decide to go there and help her (you know, with some borrowed powers in magical items as we saw in Temple Crashers).
Basically, the game consist in pass through the diferent spirit realms, fight with magical critters, defeat the bosses (Minotaur, Grognak, etc) and the final boss Aurgelmir. Also, there's the chance to do some side quests helping some inhabitants of those realms and purchase special items in their shops (as we saw he did in that sort-of-gas-station).
Regarding skills, I'd say Peanut should specialize in a short-range weapon (because I think it fits better with him and besides the game would be boring if the only possible attacks are long-range). However, I do not recomend a heavy weapon but something lightweight and maneuverable such as a Gladius (short sword) or a lance. Hand to hand and magic doesn't fit with Peanut at all.
Sabrina is more of a support character and a guide who tells you what you should do when you have no more ideas. Her abilities should be the same as shown in Temple Crashers (short-range teleport and elemental magic). Of course, support characters tends to be weak so having someone to protect will give some difficulty to the game. Also, she could be the key to solve some side quests.

-The great Water balloon war: I recomend a spin-off of this arc, following Peanut's actions this time. A sudden war between cats and dogs is unleashed in Babylon Gardens and he is the only one that suspect there's something evil behind the scenes. He calls a truce with Grape and convince her to act as a double agent for the dogs with the purpose to gather info from both sides while he does his own research. While he do this he'll be suspected of treason and will be forced to confront both cats and dogs.
The game consist in fight with random cats and dogs, defeat their bosses (Max, Marvin, Fido, Rex, etc) and collect info from the spies (Grape, Joey, Tiger, Zach) and from the defeated bosses. After Peanut is kidnapped, he'll have to find his way out, fight with the final boss (Keene) and escape before the building collapses.
The armament should consist in water balloons and pistols for everyone, though of course the kind and power may vary depending of the character.

That's all I can think of for now. I hope you find it helpful. ;)
ImageImage
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

Legotron123 wrote:Boss ideas:

Bino: He would be guarded by some of the dogs from the club because his health would be that of an ice cream cone.

Pete: His fight would be done in stages. First stage is his human form in his house, second stage would be his regular form on the gods U&U table.

That's all I've got.
They could both be linked, with Bino having his ego inflated by a disguised Pete, and trying to wreak havoc over the neighbourhood's non-dog pets.

As for the final boss being Pete, the plot could be chasing him through many worlds, with droves of different kinds of enemies in each:

Bino and the Good Ol' Dogs club in the Housepets! world.

The Cyborg and his goons in the Spot (Superdog!) world.

Angry dog pound employees in Gallifra-whatever-the-name.

Santa Claus and his elves on the ice age world.

Any other ideas?
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Silly Zealot wrote:

That's all I've got.
They could both be linked, with Bino having his ego inflated by a disguised Pete, and trying to wreak havoc over the neighbourhood's non-dog pets.

As for the final boss being Pete, the plot could be chasing him through many worlds, with droves of different kinds of enemies in each:

Bino and the Good Ol' Dogs club in the Housepets! world.

The Cyborg and his goons in the Spot (Superdog!) world.

Angry dog pound employees in Gallifra-whatever-the-name.

Santa Claus and his elves on the ice age world.

Any other ideas?
I don't think his ego CAN be inflated anymore. Like, if you were to translate the size of his ego into a rock It'd be the size of mars.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Saturn381 wrote:Bosses:
Jata

Thomas and Celia Milton

Tarot (she's being mind controlled by the villain)

Keene (he's being mind controlled by the villain)
The idea of mind control is actually very close to how the character bosses work, I will explain more in the next character reveal.
Gren wrote:I am not sure if I get the whole idea but I think this is going to be some kind of action RPG, meaning that there are not much arcs (starred by Peanut) that could be useful for it.
The only ideas I have by the moment are these:

-We're snowed in: Peanut goes to visit Tarot in the middle of a snowstorm and when he arrives to Sabrina's house he learns that the neighborhood is being attacked by the frost giant Aurgelmir and Tarot is fighting with him right now in the spirit world. Then he and Sabrina decide to go there and help her (you know, with some borrowed powers in magical items as we saw in Temple Crashers).
Basically, the game consist in pass through the diferent spirit realms, fight with magical critters, defeat the bosses (Minotaur, Grognak, etc) and the final boss Aurgelmir. Also, there's the chance to do some side quests helping some inhabitants of those realms and purchase special items in their shops (as we saw he did in that sort-of-gas-station).
Regarding skills, I'd say Peanut should specialize in a short-range weapon (because I think it fits better with him and besides the game would be boring if the only possible attacks are long-range). However, I do not recomend a heavy weapon but something lightweight and maneuverable such as a Gladius (short sword) or a lance. Hand to hand and magic doesn't fit with Peanut at all.
Sabrina is more of a support character and a guide who tells you what you should do when you have no more ideas. Her abilities should be the same as shown in Temple Crashers (short-range teleport and elemental magic). Of course, support characters tends to be weak so having someone to protect will give some difficulty to the game. Also, she could be the key to solve some side quests.

-The great Water balloon war: I recomend a spin-off of this arc, following Peanut's actions this time. A sudden war between cats and dogs is unleashed in Babylon Gardens and he is the only one that suspect there's something evil behind the scenes. He calls a truce with Grape and convince her to act as a double agent for the dogs with the purpose to gather info from both sides while he does his own research. While he do this he'll be suspected of treason and will be forced to confront both cats and dogs.
The game consist in fight with random cats and dogs, defeat their bosses (Max, Marvin, Fido, Rex, etc) and collect info from the spies (Grape, Joey, Tiger, Zach) and from the defeated bosses. After Peanut is kidnapped, he'll have to find his way out, fight with the final boss (Keene) and escape before the building collapses.
The armament should consist in water balloons and pistols for everyone, though of course the kind and power may vary depending of the character.

That's all I can think of for now. I hope you find it helpful. ;)
This is actually very helpful! I like the idea of using The Great Water Balloon War and how you would go through Peanut's side of the story. If I use We're Snowed In, it will most likely be used as one of the last acts in Babylon Gardens. I'm not sure how many acts there will be though, perhaps 3 or 4 at max. I don't want to put too much attention into one world ya know. As much as I'd like to do multiple arcs, imaginate sessions, and Spot (Superdog) adventures, I wouldn't want ALL the attention to ago to Housepets!
As for Peanut's weapon, I chose a ball because I wanted all the character's weapons to be based on things the characters have used in their stories. Not to mention, a lethal weapon wouldn't fit the HP! world very much. His weapon was also inspired by Wakka from final fantasy 10, where he uses his blitz ball to attack. Very similarly, Peanut fuses Tarot's spirit magic with his ball to do various types of magical attacks and for a mid ranged melee attack (didn't wan't it to be too long ranged since one would be able to switch to Peanut and defeat a boss without taking a lot of damage [with the exception of his long ranged fire ball attack]). But so far, I haven't been able to make weapons exclusive to characters, so as of right now one could give <insert character that hasn't been revealed>'s melee weapon to Peanut.

That's all I've got.
I might do a thing where you fight Bino, I won't say what will happen or how it will happen, but I do have something funny planned. :D
As for Pete, I will make his fight (garanteed to happen at some point, probably first or last) in parts, it seems to fit well. I also like the idea of fighting him at the U&U table, I can imagine that being epic!
ImageImageImageImage
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

You should give Peanut an ability like Manic Energy, which can boost his speed by 3x when activated. I think that would suit the pup well.
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

copper wrote:You should give Peanut an ability like Manic Energy, which can boost his speed by 3x when activated. I think that would suit the pup well.
Done and done, a speed spell has now been added to the game. :)
ImageImageImageImage
Happiness Designer
Location: In the corner of your mind, where reality and dreams clash and create a fabulous universe.

Post by Happiness Designer »

This looks like a really interesting project, can't wait to see it unfold! :D
~ Colors are good. ~
Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; It is something you design for the present.
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

This looks really cool.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
_Stu_
Banner Artist

Post by _Stu_ »

This is very interesting! Keep it up Chaoko!
My webcomics! Read and subscribe if you like them (or one of them), and don't forget to vote on TopWebComics!

CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

MrNeonShot wrote:demonic Trace, from 2kinds!
Have Nora and the Spirit dragon fight along side Peanut as they battle Trace's dragon!

A beat 'em up stage set in Freefall, where Florence and Peanut escape from the arctic base!

I had to resist replying to this comment so as to not reveal the newest character too soon. :lol:
Trace was just announced to be a companion in Project "Thread", along with the Twokinds world being a large part of the story. (like Housepets!) You can see the screenshots and more details here: http://chaokocartoons.deviantart.com/jo ... -429868901
That actually seems like a good cross over fight, I hadn't considered having any of those (which is dumb of me because that's the whole point of the game :? ). I'll be sure to try and make that happen! :)
As for the other crossovers, I haven't read either of those comics. I was planning to read Cblue at some point, but haven't gotten to it yet. I'll try to look into the two comics eventually.
Korakc wrote:This looks like a really interesting project, can't wait to see it unfold! :D
hypernovatic wrote:This looks really cool.
_Stu_ wrote:This is very interesting! Keep it up Chaoko!
Thank you guys!
ImageImageImageImage
Happiness Designer
Location: In the corner of your mind, where reality and dreams clash and create a fabulous universe.

CHAOKOCartoons wrote:
MrNeonShot wrote:demonic Trace, from 2kinds!

I had to resist replying to this comment so as to not reveal the newest character too soon. :lol:
Trace was just announced to be a companion in Project "Thread", along with the Twokinds world being a large part of the story. (like Housepets!) You can see the screenshots and more details here: http://chaokocartoons.deviantart.com/jo ... -429868901
That actually seems like a good cross over fight, I hadn't considered having any of those (which is dumb of me because that's the whole point of the game :? ). I'll be sure to try and make that happen! :)
As for the other crossovers, I haven't read either of those comics. I was planning to read Cblue at some point, but haven't gotten to it yet. I'll try to look into the two comics eventually.
Korakc wrote:This looks like a really interesting project, can't wait to see it unfold! :D
hypernovatic wrote:This looks really cool.
_Stu_ wrote:This is very interesting! Keep it up Chaoko!
Thank you guys!
If you need beta testers, I'm open ;D
~ Colors are good. ~
Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; It is something you design for the present.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

same here!
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Korakc wrote:If you need beta testers, I'm open ;D
MrNeonShot wrote:same here!
When the game is in it's beta stage, I might take you up on that offer ;)
I'm also probably gonna give an early access demo to each of the comic creators and allow them to play through a part of the game involving their characters. Along with a few other people of importance.
ImageImageImageImage
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

MORE CONTENT RELEASED!!
This is some concept I've done for the enemies you will be fighting in the game called "The Woven". (More information about Woven in the last update: haokocartoons.deviantart.com/journal/Project-Thread-Plot-and-Character-Reveal-2-429868901)
This particular woven is called a Ragdool.
Ragdools will generally be fought near the beginning, their kinda like the grunts of the game. I've done concept for other kinds of Woven, but I'll just keep them to myself for now (Take's a while to color and ink em').
NOW HERE'S WHERE YOU COME IN:
I've only done concept for the generic Woven, but none of the themed ones ;) . If any of you guys would like to make a design for some of the Woven, or describe an idea for some of them, I will try to make you're designs into enemy types and such. Just post the idea in this topic.

At the moment, I wanna try and make some Housepets! themed enemies. It's been pretty hard to think of any for some reason.
Thank you for you're time!
ImageImageImageImage
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

I'm intrigued. So how many different webcomics do you currently plan on including? And if I understand correctly, each world will give you a different character to control?
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

D-Rock wrote:I'm intrigued. So how many different webcomics do you currently plan on including? And if I understand correctly, each world will give you a different character to control?
Currently, I have 6 web comic worlds planned, and 12 total characters (one is planned to be a boss, two [from the same web comic] are planned to be merchants, and 9 are planned to be companions/ playable characters.) I plan on adding more characters and comic worlds with the more suggestions I get, but so far that's all I've got.

And yes, you're not forced to play as the main character all the time, you can switch between any of your three party members any time any where. Nor does the game end as soon as the main character is K.O'd, but the one restriction is that they have to stay in you're party at all times (unless they are gone for story reasons).
ImageImageImageImage
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

I have to say, maybe a yarn mob. It's the equivalent of a slime, and can multiply each time it's hit.
it looks like a small yarn blob.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

CHAOKOCartoons wrote:
D-Rock wrote:I'm intrigued. So how many different webcomics do you currently plan on including? And if I understand correctly, each world will give you a different character to control?
Currently, I have 6 web comic worlds planned, and 12 total characters (one is planned to be a boss, two [from the same web comic] are planned to be merchants, and 9 are planned to be companions/ playable characters.) I plan on adding more characters and comic worlds with the more suggestions I get, but so far that's all I've got.

And yes, you're not forced to play as the main character all the time, you can switch between any of your three party members any time any where. Nor does the game end as soon as the main character is K.O'd, but the one restriction is that they have to stay in you're party at all times (unless they are gone for story reasons).
Seems good. So Housepets and Twokinds confirmed (can't really get into Twokinds, honestly), and more likely coming. I like that.
Will you be letting us know what the other worlds are before release, or would you rather keep it as a surprise? Or are you waiting for confirmation from the other comic creators? Can I also assume we will actually be playing as an original character? Will companions be able to cross worlds as well, or are they limited to their original world?

So yeah, I already have a lot of questions. My apologies if I'm getting ahead of myself.
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

D-Rock wrote:
CHAOKOCartoons wrote:

Seems good. So Housepets and Twokinds confirmed (can't really get into Twokinds, honestly), and more likely coming. I like that.
Will you be letting us know what the other worlds are before release, or would you rather keep it as a surprise? Or are you waiting for confirmation from the other comic creators? Can I also assume we will actually be playing as an original character? Will companions be able to cross worlds as well, or are they limited to their original world?

So yeah, I already have a lot of questions. My apologies if I'm getting ahead of myself.
No need to apologize, this is actually what I like to hear :)
I will be releasing a new character and world VERY soon, I just have to get off my lazy tail and finish the last few sprites and programs for them (I might actually release them today).

Technically, I don't need confirmation from the comic creators since it's going to be a free to play fan game, but I'd like confirmation from other comic creators!... I'm just to shy to ask...even though I don't have to talk to them in person... :oops: . My hopes are that they notice that this is happening by me releasing the concept and putting it in the comic's DA group, though for some comics I'm okay with just asking them. And I'm pretty sure Rick already knows about this project, seeing that the peanut concept is in the DA group, the forum gallery, AND has it's own topic in said forums. :lol:

The main character is completely original, they where made to be the main character of the game and doesn't come from any other form of media. I will probably release their name and concept after everything else is revealed.

Your companions will indeed be able to cross into other worlds, in some cases, they're worlds will actually cross with eachother at times (like the boss suggestion MrNeonShot made). I'm planning on having characters interact with each other based on who is with who in your party, and they will of course interact in story sequences.
ImageImageImageImage
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Perhaps you can make Unique character abilities and a special skill that is developed depending on which nerd you align with? But I think Dragon fist is copyrighted by Dragon Ball Z. :lol:
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Just so you guys know, Cloud from Final Fantasy the webcomic Sandra and Woo was just announced here: http://chaokocartoons.deviantart.com/jo ... -432675738
Kyuubi Kitsune wrote:Perhaps you can make Unique character abilities and a special skill that is developed depending on which nerd you align with? But I think Dragon fist is copyrighted by Dragon Ball Z. :lol:
Well, as I said before, there can't be too much focus on one world. That kind of system would require you to be in Babylon Gardens WAY longer than other worlds. Plus, that pretty much means that you're skills would only come from Dragon or Kitsune, cuz I'm pretty sure none of the characters would side with or trust Pete :lol: . I can however make a system where doing X amount of things or collecting X amount of things would allow you to go to one of the two and learn a special kind of magic or ability. Thank you for the suggestion! :D
MrNeonShot wrote:I have to say, maybe a yarn mob. It's the equivalent of a slime, and can multiply each time it's hit.
Alright then, that shouldn't be to hard to design. I should have the concept up soon. Thank you! :)
ImageImageImageImage
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Well it could be a decision based thing per character, so you get good trace or evil trace and Dragon Peanut or Griffin Peanut based on choices.
Character affinity would also be good but that's hard to implement as each affinity level would affect available options, abilities and story development.
... I have pages of these I could go on. :lol:
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Interesting project, good work so far. ;) It looks like an RPG, but you make the example of the Kingdom Hearts series, which I don't know much, I'm not into playing this games genre.
Perfect adding for Cloud from S&W. FYI, the character property should be of the comic writer only. Check also his other webcomic Gaia for more ideas. ;)
CHAOKOCartoons wrote:Technically, I don't need confirmation from the comic creators since it's going to be a free to play fan game, but I'd like confirmation from other comic creators!... I'm just to shy to ask...even though I don't have to talk to them in person... :oops: . My hopes are that they notice that this is happening by me releasing the concept and putting it in the comic's DA group, though for some comics I'm okay with just asking them. And I'm pretty sure Rick already knows about this project, seeing that the peanut concept is in the DA group, the forum gallery, AND has it's own topic in said forums. :lol:
You've a point on this and surely you aren't doing anything wrong. ;) That's how fans creations works. Unfortunately there have been negative cases of free works deleted by the copyright owners, but that's another story.
CHAOKOCartoons wrote:At the moment, I wanna try and make some Housepets! themed enemies. It's been pretty hard to think of any for some reason.
Lot of tiny Jatas... :twisted:
Happiness Designer

MrNeonShot wrote:I have to say, maybe a yarn mob. It's the equivalent of a slime, and can multiply each time it's hit.
For the yarn mob, perhaps have different colored yarns inflict different types of damage? If the game were to include status ailments then you could have a red yarn mob catch you on fire, dealing a little damage over time. A blue yarn would freeze you in place for a few seconds, etc. etc.
~ Colors are good. ~
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Templars! Also, you should add a rampage mode, where you play as evil trace or pete peanut, killing everything in sight.
Gren

Post by Gren »

CHAOKOCartoons wrote:At the moment, I wanna try and make some Housepets! themed enemies. It's been pretty hard to think of any for some reason.
What about this?

I think it would be rather funny to see Delusional Steve trying to take over the world with such tiny little dolls. :lol:
ImageImage
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Korakc wrote:
For the yarn mob, perhaps have different colored yarns inflict different types of damage? If the game were to include status ailments then you could have a red yarn mob catch you on fire, dealing a little damage over time. A blue yarn would freeze you in place for a few seconds, etc. etc.
I've considered different colored yarn blobs, but I think I'm going to save the multi-elemental color thing for another enemy. I don't want the scripting for a single enemy to get too complicated. I might correspond the color of the yarn to the strength of the enemy, or maybe depending on the world your in.
MrNeonShot wrote:Templars! Also, you should add a rampage mode, where you play as evil trace or pete peanut, killing everything in sight.
I'll leave Templars for the Twokinds world, and maybe near the last section of the game too. There will be a rage mode like thing for some characters like Peanut and Trace. It will probably be an ability the characters learn after completing their world (Evil Trace after defeating General Nickolai, and Spirit Peanut after defeating Pete (gains Pete's powers and fuses it with Dragon's powers, ect.), and would cost a lot of their MP.
Gren wrote:
What about this?

I think it would be rather funny to see Delusional Steve trying to take over the world with such tiny little dolls. :lol:
Mayhapse as a secret boss? :3 I forgot to mention that secret bosses where going to be a thing.
ImageImageImageImage
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Character items would be cool. Grape spawns with Broom, Peanut spawns with NES laser gun, Trace spawns with diary... this could go on. :lol:
If Karishad appears he must have darts or a Cornhole set! :lol:
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Silly idea I just had, but what about making the comic authors as end game bosses for each of their respective worlds? Like secret bosses in Shin Megami Tensei and Kingdom Hearts. Just not as rage-inducingly hard.
And regarding the main character, what type of weapon can we expect them to wield?
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

That would be funny to have the secret bosses be the creators of the comics. Most of the secret bosses planned where going to be ones that where in parts of their stories that couldn't be accessed (Jata might be one since I don't think I'ma get to that arc, I don't think there will be one in TwoKinds, and I won't say the one for Sandra and Woo). At least with having the creators as secret bosses it would give me a reason to talk to them for permission :roll:
I guess it wouldn't be too much to tell you the weapon of the main character's weapon. It will be a... wait for it... A SPEAR!... There you go, it's a spear, don't know what else to tell you. :D
ImageImageImageImage
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

For HP you could make a temple level where you fight various D&D based enemies and the combat whichever nerd you are not aligned with. :lol:
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Alright, this is what I've come up with for the yarn blob, it's name will be "Yarniply" (mid that all the names will most likely be a play on words):
There will be different color variations based on either their element or what world they are in, there will also probably be a bigger blob that will split into the one in the middle for the harder sections of the game. The two blobs on the left and right are two ideas of what the center one will split into.

Also, I've drawn a BUNCH of concept art for the enemies in the game and I noticed that most if not all of the enemies look creepy and/or spooky. It's probably the whole button eyes and needles thing... :lol:
Thank you MrNeonShot for suggesting this enemy idea.
Kyuubi Kitsune wrote:For HP you could make a temple level where you fight various D&D based enemies and then combat whichever nerd you are not aligned with. :lol:
Again, as much as I'd like to insert this kind of choice system into the HP! world, but I still feel it would be focusing to much into the one world. Plus, no matter what Pete will be the last boss of the HP! world. This is so because your companion is Peanut, who would have literally no reason to go against the other two cosmic nerds. There are also other story reasons why you end up fighting pete, but I musn't say them. :)

Although, this wold be a good system in the case that I make a game for Housepets! later on. (I'm considering making many games for web comics eventually) ;)
ImageImageImageImage