My Little Pony

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Penwrite

Re: My Little Pony

Post by Penwrite »

Eh, I think I'd prefer having Sunset fill the Twilight role in the group. Be more interesting.

Edit: And now I've finally managed to watch the newest episode. Loved every moment of it. Although... I have no idea what they were thinking when they threw in live-action Boneless and Gummy. :lol:
Radio Blue Heart

Post by Radio Blue Heart »

This made me laugh far more than I should have!

EDIT: fixed!
Last edited by Radio Blue Heart on Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

:lol: Ok that is pretty good.
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

I can't view the link.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

maybe the deviantart version will work?
Penwrite wrote:I have no idea what they were thinking when they threw in live-action Boneless and Gummy. :lol:
they were thinking "this is totally random and weird, it's perfect"
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Indeed, I can't tell you how long my brother and I laughed at those moments. XD
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

That episode was completely crazy! Oh man I was laughing the whole time, country Rarity was amazing and I loved the heck out of AJs modeling. Trenderhoof was a bit annoying but not enough to bring the episode down.Country Rarity alone could have easily carried this episode all the way, but every thing else was great in it as well. The look on Spikes face when he looked at the camera when Rarity said he doesn't understand was so darn awesome. The expressions in this episode were just amazing all around really. I also loved Rarity hiding behind Twilight at the train station, heck that whole part was amazing, especially Raritys public freak out.

8/10 for me screw the people complaining about Romance in this show, that episode worked perfectly.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

wait, there are people complaining about romance in the show in regards to this episode? when Rarity's entire arc in the first season was "I want to go to the gala to meet a prince"?
IceKitsune wrote:That episode was completely crazy! Oh man I was laughing the whole time, country Rarity was amazing and I loved the heck out of AJs modeling. Trenderhoof was a bit annoying but not enough to bring the episode down.Country Rarity alone could have easily carried this episode all the way, but every thing else was great in it as well. The look on Spikes face when he looked at the camera when Rarity said he doesn't understand was so darn awesome. The expressions in this episode were just amazing all around really. I also loved Rarity hiding behind Twilight at the train station, heck that whole part was amazing, especially Raritys public freak out.
gotta love ponies acting crazy, it's hilarious.
as for Spike, he must be spending a bit too much time with Pinkie :lol:"

also, I enjoyed this comic (spoilers-ish)
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I dunno, I found it kinda underwhelming. I loved hearing Applejack and Rarity trying to imitate each other's accents, though. That was funny.

Also, poor Spike.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
The Blue Fox

Post by The Blue Fox »

Sleet wrote:I loved hearing Applejack and Rarity trying to imitate each other's accents, though. That was funny.
Yeah I found that quite amusing too. =^w^= This episode was simple but effective, I reckon.
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

To anyone who has seen The Lego Movie, see, that's the kind of My Little Pony movie I would love to get. :P

Also, haven't seen the latest episode yet, but something that just dawned on me about the Weird Al episode is that it was yet another episode showing the positive effect the mane six have on other ponies.
Radio Blue Heart

I finished the new storyline of the regular comic series about the book worm eating stories and releasing their characters in the Ponyville to cause havoc. I was alright but nothing to really write home about.

The first story of the "Friends Forever" series was great. This one is replacing the micro series with duet stories. The first issue involves Pinky and Applejack entering a cooking competition. Applejack by mistake because the contest staff mistake her for a chef named Marine Sandwich. I think that the comic staff is getting a bit more confident with the comics because of how they are expanding it with more show and fandom ideas. The judges are a griffon, a buffalo and an Indian pony. She has and bindi, a sari and a lotus blossom cutie mark. Applejack does a shrug pony pose too.
-Virgil
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Trailer for EQG2 So this is a thing that is happening, and right now that's all I have to say about it really.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

I didn't think EG was all that bad.
I'm afraid that I won;t be able to say the same about this next one, but as always I'll reserve judgement until I can actually see it.
And if it is bad, I'm just glad it seems self-contained enough that it can be looked at as completely separate from the main show at this point (aside from occasional background appearances from Flash)
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Radio Blue Heart

IceKitsune wrote:Trailer for EQG2 So this is a thing that is happening, and right now that's all I have to say about it really.
I am alright with this. I didn't think the first EG ruined the universe. I actually enjoyed it. This might be interesting.
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:maybe the deviantart version will work?
Penwrite wrote:I have no idea what they were thinking when they threw in live-action Boneless and Gummy. :lol:
they were thinking "this is totally random and weird, it's perfect"

Maybe IDW could make this comic. I just got treasury editions (over-sized formats) of two of IDW's most popular titles, "My Little Pony" and "30 Days of Night"! This could combine the two! :lol:
-Virgil
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

My exact response to the trailer:

"Those outfits and instruments don't match up with the music I'm hearing at all. I'm seeing KISS and I'm hearing... Not-KISS."

Other than that, all I can feel is... meh.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

That's pretty groan-worthy. I'm still gonna watch it, but... ugh.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

The first one wasn't nearly as bad as everyone (my self included) thought (though it wasn't great either) so I hope this one is at least as good as that one.
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Agreed. The first one was decent but nothing special. This'll probably be more of the same.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Well that episode was fun despite a bit of a rocky start, andPinkie Pie coming off as an unintended jerk. I enjoyed this one just not a much as the previous episodes. Seeing Zecora again was fun and I'm glad they made those references to previous episodes, bringing back Poison Joke and Flutterguy was nice. I like how they handled Fluttershys shyness at the end, by not having her be over it completely. Big Mac getting plenty of lines in this one, his singing was good and I liked the little bit of character development that he got this time around. The stuff in the background was really nice and I loved that Jackalope they put in at the beginning of the episode.

For the bad parts well Pinkie being a bit of a jerk the whole time wasn't good, also not knowing what stage fright was; and I think they kind of underused the rest of the Ponytones really but I understand why. AJ figuring everything out all at once, while funny, was a bit stupid.

So over all I give this one a 6.5/10 good but not great.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I thought it was kinda out-of-nowhere how suddenly Rarity and Big Macintosh are part of an a capella group. Would it have killed them to use new ponies for that purpose?

I loved Pinkie being ridiculous and Big Macintosh explaining the situation to Applejack though. That was really funny.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

IceKitsune wrote:AJ figuring everything out all at once, while funny, was a bit stupid.
Well AJ knew about the turkey call and may have seen some sign that Big Mac may have been losing his voice, She heard Fluttershy's deep voice so figuring out they used poison joke wasn't that much of a stretch, and since she was obviously singing Big Mac's part figuring that out wouldn't be too hard. The only thing that should have been harder for her to figure out was that Zecora had a remedy but it wouldn't work fast enough.
IceKitsune wrote:well Pinkie being a bit of a jerk the whole time wasn't good
As for Pinkie being an unintentional jerk, didn't we already know that was part of her character from Luna Eclipsed? They didn't even make that a lesson she learned at the end of the episode, so the tendency would still be there.
IceKitsune wrote:I think they kind of underused the rest of the Ponytones really but I understand why.
but I agree with that. they only really performed one song (probably so Daniel Ingram wouldn't have to write more, he already had a pretty big song load this season) and all the acappella music I listen to usually only has one or two people singing the lead in any given song while the others just do the harmonies. The other two probably have a bigger part in their other songs.

I loved Pinkie's line about being so good at being ridiculous. And I loved the songs cause I love acappella (I notice they must have a drum part prerecorded or magically produced cause none of the ponytones were beatboxing)
Sleet wrote:I thought it was kinda out-of-nowhere how suddenly Rarity and Big Macintosh are part of an a capella group.
We don't see what they're doing every day, and there really wasn't reason to have it brought up beforehand. Any time we see rarity and Big Mac together there's usually something else going on where it would be odd to have them discuss their hobby. And maybe they formed the group fairly recently, it's not like they're all that big a name yet. They performed a charity function (organized by a friend who loved their music) then every other event was put on by someone who saw their performance the previous day. If they'd existed that long, you'd think the Mayor would have asked them to perform her event much sooner than last minute.

On another note, I love when their titles make references the target audience would most likely not get. In fact, I'm not sure how many bronies actually would know about Milli Vanilli and why the title makes sense :P (probably a few, but their big controversy happened 3 years before I was born so I don;t know how old someone would have to be to know about it beyond seeing about it on TV)
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

That episode was awesome and cute all around. Fluttershy singing for Big Mac had some of the most adorable moments in the show, and actually hearing Big Mac sing before he lost his voice was just... Holy cow. I was really bummed when he lost his voice and you know you won't hear him sing for the rest of the episode.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Spawtzi

Post by Spawtzi »

Just saw the most recent episode and FLUTTERGUY RETURNS. Oh lawdy. Pinkie was being such a jerky jerk D: I love how Big Mac did a bit of singing, that was so cool. I really liked this episode, it was fabulous. And we saw mysterious rhyming zebra again, whee.
Rainbow
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

I'm also going to say this these recent episodes have really really made me like Rarity a lot more then I did before. Shes been amazing this season so far.
SmileWolf

Post by SmileWolf »

I guess I shouldn't be surprised to find a brony thread here. Count me as one of the older fans, and my teen son is too. We found the show accidentally by flipping through the channels (or were we waiting for something else, I can't recall)... we just watched it a few minutes, sorta just staring at the screen when we realized we really liked it, and then we were both like, Why Are We Watching This? Its like video crack, once and you're hooked! But we realized over time it was because of the elements (no pun intended) that have been discussed elsewhere - good stories, good characters, snappy animation. And the fact I am a Trek fan and they modeled Discord after Q - then got John DeLancie to voice him - didnt hurt either.
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

This is wonderfully absurd.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UZymIlPBKE
Radio Blue Heart

"Where Are You"
Presented in English with Russian subtitles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xG_NOUiJ808

This one will bring a few tears to your eyes.
-Virgil
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

IceKitsune wrote:I'm also going to say this these recent episodes have really really made me like Rarity a lot more then I did before. Shes been amazing this season so far.
They did a good job vindicating her for some past less-than-generous characterization.
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Here's a really fascinating examination of the latest episode.

http://stormingtheivorytower.blogspot.c ... .html#more
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Finally got to watch the new episode. This was a nice one,I really liked the CMC in this episode their intentions at the start were actually rather nice with regards to DT and SS it was more DT and SS messing everything up by telling everyone else. I was laughing at the part with Twilight in the Hayshack (also liked how they dealt with Earth Poines and likely Pegasais getting food there.) that was just great her just chowing down on all that food. I also liked Scootaloo doing the poses for the pictures as well. I liked how it showed Twilight interacting with the children as well which is something that I don't think has happened in the show for any extended period of time before.I felt sorry for the butler pony but I really didn't expect him to be able to pull off those tricks. I also like we got to see DT house which is a nice small bit of world building.

I also thought that this episode did really well at giving DT and SS a bit more characterization outside of being bullies. Spike with the Nachos near the end was funny as heck that look on his face was great. I loved the heck out of them putting the diagram of the Box in the background and I believe added notes and stuff to it as the episode went on.Also I really get the feeling from this episode its likely that (at least in Ponyville anyway) Twilight might have declared that no one treats her special; either that or everyone has long since got it out of their system. Though I like to believe its a mixture of the two really.

Over all I really like this one 8/10 for me.
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

So Mandopony and Acousticbrony just came out with Laughter.

This is the best one so far. It's even better than Loyalty to me (Sorry guys), so that should tell you how good it is.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

No one here cares about the new episode I guess.
JeffCvt wrote:So Mandopony and Acousticbrony just came out with Laughter.

This is the best one so far. It's even better than Loyalty to me (Sorry guys), so that should tell you how good it is.
While I don't think its better than Loyalty, I think its at least on the same level.
Radio Blue Heart

Nothing is better than "Loyalty"!
-Virgil
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I didn't see the new episode right away. I liked it! Twilight is so gracious. :3
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Just read the new Friends Forever comic. Not really as good as the micro series with the CMC but Discord was good in it, loved the blatant reference toStar Trek: TNG :lol: Also I guess Starswirl the Bearded is basically Gandalf from LOR except for grumpy and friendless
bug1

Post by bug1 »

I am into the series but I am not sure if I think it's a little on the girly side as far as TV series go. However in regards to the last episode, I'm wondering when those three will get their cutie marks. Any ideas?? -_-
Last edited by bug1 on Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Troll on people Troll on!! :D
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

They won't get their cutie marks until the end of the series. That's their thing, being the Cutie Mark Crusaders.

I can only imagine when they end the series that they'll make a huge deal of it with a movie and everything to push toy sales as long as possible, and they'll tie up any loose ends like the CMC getting their cutie marks so they can have one final toy line of them without much extra work.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

JeffCvt wrote:They won't get their cutie marks until the end of the series. That's their thing, being the Cutie Mark Crusaders.

I can only imagine when they end the series that they'll make a huge deal of it with a movie and everything to push toy sales as long as possible, and they'll tie up any loose ends like the CMC getting their cutie marks so they can have one final toy line of them without much extra work.
I used to think this too but with the reveal that Twilight is getting her own Kingdom (its a toy set called Rainbow Kingdom) Also with the Rainbow Powers obviously coming at the end of this season and the knowledge that they are going to keep going for at least another 5 years; I think they might actually do it. If not this season then maybe the next. They are clearly having them grow up I mean look at the newest episode, that is a clear growth of the CMCs character from just randomly trying things to actually trying to learn and grow in certain areas.
bug1

Post by bug1 »

Come to think of it, I think that the combination of both of your theories could be correct. I think that they probably will stretch this for at least a while longer.
JeffCvt wrote:They won't get their cutie marks until the end of the series. That's their thing, being the Cutie Mark Crusaders.

You're probably right about them not getting their cutie marks until the end of the series and pushing toy sales for as long as possible. About the whole movie idea, I don't know about that, might be a little-bit over the top don't you think?
IceKitsune wrote:I used to think this too but with the reveal that Twilight is getting her own Kingdom (its a toy set called Rainbow Kingdom) Also with the Rainbow Powers obviously coming at the end of this season and the knowledge that they are going to keep going for at least another 5 years; I think they might actually do it. If not this season then maybe the next. They are clearly having them grow up I mean look at the newest episode, that is a clear growth of the CMCs character from just randomly trying things to actually trying to learn and grow in certain areas.
To tell you the truth I hope/don't think that they will go for that long, not no 5 years anyway.

O' one other thing, what are these "Rainbow Powers" you speak of?
(leaning forward with slight curiosity) (squints) -_-
Troll on people Troll on!! :D