Redwall OOC

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Re: Redwall OOC

Post by Hlaoroo »

Here's how Redwall looks in teh TV series. It gives you a bit of an idea how the grounds etc are set out. The impression I had from the books is that it was all one wing rather than two, and that the bell tower was at the end of one of the buildings but this gives you an idea, at least. It's worth noting too, that it is mentioned in the books that the bell tower is not accessible from within the main abbey building and that you have to go out into the abbey grounds to get to it. Image
This map seems pretty good although I didn't imagine it with all the courtyards - I had the impression it was all one building.
This is closer to how I pictured it.
Here's a helpful site with information about the abbey and the world of Redwall in general.
And this, because it's cute. ^^
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Don't worry, I'm still here. I'll bring in my character shortly.
My RP Characters and their Voice Claims

I also write stories about kids getting into hi-jinks in a scouting organization. Read them here!
69eist

Post by 69eist »

Can I have a recap on what has happened? I'm not sure how to proceed since I'm unfamiliar with everything and well yeah....
My Personas

Remember the past to understand the present. That way, we can look forward to the future.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Basically the day started, a couple of the characters arrived at Redwall, one of them is now doing tricks and the others are stowing weapons in the gatehouse. And that's really it.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

THe latest bit of Welsh means 'Good Squirrel', by the way.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Come along, you guys! We need more posts!
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

indeed , if only I'm readied to join in ^^"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Awww, you're always welcome and huggable.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

awww , thank you :P , it's just that I have a little bit of details here and there I need to ask/get approved by WG , but being busy with real life like he is , he hasn't got time to reply back to me yet , so ^^"
Hotep the psychic

Post by Hotep the psychic »

im waiting on a response towards kikis reaction to trevors little flower gift after trying to get her attention.
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Ah, right. The dibbun mouse. Couldn't work out who that was for a moment.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Oops. Sorry, Hotep. I'll reply to that.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

serence ice fox wrote:awww , thank you :P , it's just that I have a little bit of details here and there I need to ask/get approved by WG , but being busy with real life like he is , he hasn't got time to reply back to me yet , so ^^"
Replying back, everything you've showed me is fine, so just post the character sheet.

I also write stories about kids getting into hi-jinks in a scouting organization. Read them here!
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

finally managed to finish this character sheet , it's my first character within an established universe so.....might need to fix it up a bit here any there ^^" , what do you guys think ?

-Name-
Sarafina/ Starlight Whisperwind

-Character Type-
Main Character

-Species-
Albino red fox

-Age-
19 years old.

-Neighborhood-
Redwall

-Appearance-
Starlight , being an albino fox , has white fur (hence the name) with red eyes . She’s a little short for someone her age , just a little bit below average , with a slim body , giving the impression that she’s pretty weak . The only things she has on her is a tattered ,white old tunic and pants , a cloak , which is not even a real cloak , just a big , old piece of white cloth she received from some kind passerby to cover herself with. And a small bag , containing some berries , edible leaves , and a broken broadsword .

-Personality-
Starlight is shy and very easy to be frightened , practically even more jumpy than a rabbit (ba-dum-tish) . She doesn’t want anyone to fight or argue , either against her or each other , and if she needs to , will take the blame just so the conflict would stop . She doesn’t have much confidence in herself , causing her to think that she couldn’t do anything right and probably just get in everyone’s way . Despite this lack of self-esteem , Starlight would always try to be a cheerful fox so everyone around her wouldn’t feel down and would try to help if someone does feeling down , or if help is needed in any way . Even though the fox technically carries around a weapon , she has a fear of using any kind of weapons against anyone , which leads to her only manage to collect fruits and berries to keep the hunger away

-Background-
As far back as Starlight could remember , she’s always been a member of a bandit gang , even at a very young age . She didn’t know what happened to her real parents , nor did she care . Together with her gang from the far north , they wrought havoc everywhere they went . Nowhere was safe , nothing was left , and no one was spared , for they were the hunters , and the innocents , their preys . Starlight herself grew , became one of the most feared bandit of the land and the gang’s second-in-command , at the time better known by the name Whisperwind . Though as time passes no one can really recall how she got that title , some said that it’s from her ability to infiltrate and take out every single guard , no matter how well-guarded the place might be , even if it’s a fortress , castle , or just a small village , in a very short amount of time and without being detected , leaving the place defenseless and unaware of what was about to befall them. Others said it’s from her fighting style : simple , fast , direct , and yet effective , without much of a fuss . A few even believe that the wind would blow erratically non stop days before their arrival as a bad omen , whispering the end to the innocents . But in the end , no one really knows . Starlight herself couldn’t careless about the reason behind it . It’s what she had at that time , a life of fame and fortune , a life brought to them by their leader , for their loyalty in return . That’s all she had to give , that’s all she cared about , unquestioned loyalty , for him , nothing else……………….But things would not stay the same . Twelve years of constant fighting began to take its toll , the voices of the innocents haunted her dreams , doubts started to surface in her mind . The fox began to question her action , little did she know that it did not go unnoticed . Until one day , she could no longer bring herself to end the lives of the innocents and spared the lives of a mice family . That was all the proof her “leader” needed to question her loyalty and sent his men after her. The poor mice eventually made it to safety , but the fox knew they were still after her , so she could not stay and instead made her way southward . The bandits eventually caught up to her and seemingly finished the job as her unconscious body tumbled into the river after a long fight . Miraculously however , she survived.

The next time the fox woke up , she found herself washed up on a river bank , with only a broken sword , and no memory . She then started to look around in hope of finding out who she was . But soon she found out that being a fox , she was naturally deemed untrustworthy by most people . Eventually she was disheartened and decided to just live alone in the forest , somewhere a little bit far from Redwall , without her knowing . Unfortunately , her misfortune continue as her home was near another settlement , of course these settlers don't trust the fox either , and eventually blamed her when something from them was stolen/lost , chasing her from her home . And the fox wandered aimlessly since then.

-SPECIAL-
Strength- 6
Perception- 6
Endurance- 7
Charisma- 4
Intelligence- 7
Agility- 9
Luck- 3

color 4000FF
Last edited by Serence Frostbite on Tue May 13, 2014 5:01 am, edited 6 times in total.
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Approved Serence.

BTW everyone just give me a heads up for when you're ready for the feast to begin.

Hotep the psychic

im gonna plan on having my character arrive late for the feast due to kiki following him. shell be the first to find hes a raccoon. :D
then a bit later ill introduce james the weasel.
ImageImageImage
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

From what I know of Redwall feasts they generally happen in the evening after the characters spend the day preparing. They can last into the wee hours of the morning though. Up to you though, WG. You are the GM after all. They'll need a little time to prepare the fish that Skipper just caught though.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

I'm guessing there would be guards around to see a fox outside of the wall ?
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

In the books Redwall didn't have guards in peace time but I think WG is wanting some currently. Creatures are free to walk along the walls anyway if they want to so there could easily be someone up there.

I just thought of something. If Kiki is missing then as soon as somebeast realises it, everything at the abbey will stop and everybeast will search for her until she's found. The Redwallers would do that for any dibbun as they consider the dibbuns the most important thing in the abbey.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Hlaoroo wrote:In the books Redwall didn't have guards in peace time but I think WG is wanting some currently. Creatures are free to walk along the walls anyway if they want to so there could easily be someone up there.

I just thought of something. If Kiki is missing then as soon as somebeast realises it, everything at the abbey will stop and everybeast will search for her until she's found. The Redwallers would do that for any dibbun as they consider the dibbuns the most important thing in the abbey.
My thought was there aren't really "guards" just animals who keep watch and open the gates. Some like Wayland consider themselves full-on guards, but this mostly an inflated sense of importance.

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

oh ! forgot to choose the color , edited in now :P
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

So who wants to do the creature who goes down to rescue Starlight? And shall we do a massive mousehunt or shall Kiki's absence go unnoticed?
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Hlaoroo wrote:So who wants to do the creature who goes down to rescue Starlight? And shall we do a massive mousehunt or shall Kiki's absence go unnoticed?
Roll the Die, Hla!
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hotep the psychic

i rolled a nine on a dodecahedron. kikis absencse goes noticed only by kikis parents. wayland takes care of starlight by getting others to take her elsewhere. then the feast begins
ImageImageImage
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

If Kiki's parents notice then everybeast at Redwall will be informed and will search. There is no middle ground there. They would also never turn an injured creature away. That would be against everything their order stands for. Sorry.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

I haven't posted in a while and I need to find someone for Alexander to talk to.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Hyper, Hotep did respond to you ages ago but he seems to have moved on now. The only thing I can suggest is to take your character over and make them talk to someone rather than waiting for people to come to you. That's something that's the same in all RPs. If you want people to involve you then you need to involve yourself.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

I know, I was so involved in other RPs I forgot about this one.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

On that last post I'm opereating a little in the dark. If things need changing they can be.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Your post looks just fine, Welsh. The infirmary was never described in detail in the books so we've got quite a bit of wiggle room there. I know there is at lease one private room in there though because they had a badger there in one book but aside from that, like I said in the PM, it's a pretty standard infirmary as far as we know.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

...and, thus, I was able to use something Hlaroo suggested in one of his evil moods.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

XD Poor Owain. Those bells are LOUD!
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Owain has too much of a headache to make decent jokes...
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hotep the psychic

Hope kiki will like pecans or oranges.

poor redwallers not looking in the woods for a little mouse :D
ImageImageImage
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

They will but after searching the abbey grounds.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Wasn't Aldryd in a forested area?
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

No, he was in the abbey grounds too. They have an orchard and plenty of gardens.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Hey everyone, my internet is back, so I can now officially assume GM duties full time. Don't worry, the internet should hold, so another disappearance is unlikely.

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Yay! Welcome back!
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

WB, WG.

Now, who's going to save Serence's character?
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie