For all those times you're not in character, try new "Out of Character"

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Re: PF: Sunset Plateau OOC

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

I'm ready whenever
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
FlyLikeAGShep

Post by FlyLikeAGShep »

Would you guys mind if I join in? my sheet is in my sig. Trenton
Current Characters
Sunset Plateau - Trenton Reinhardt S[4] P[7] E[5] C[6] I[8] A[6] L[7]
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

I clicked the link, but it said that the topic you linked to doesn't exist. Please post your character sheet here in the ooc so that I can take a look at it ^.^
OwO I luvs him!
You gave a very detailed explanation in the main ooc, and it was very captivating!
The forums say as long as it doesn't get racy with the gay couple, its fine.
Thats just a reminder/warning for your character, but I like him!
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
FlyLikeAGShep

Post by FlyLikeAGShep »

MrNeonShot wrote:I clicked the link, but it said that the topic you linked to doesn't exist. Please post your character sheet here in the ooc so that I can take a look at it ^.^
OwO I luvs him!
You gave a very detailed explanation in the main ooc, and it was very captivating!
The forums say as long as it doesn't get racy with the gay couple, its fine.
Thats just a reminder/warning for your character, but I like him!
Thanks man! It won't get racy. Its just to add flavor. I promise. I love details. I can get a little OCD when making characters lol
Current Characters
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

I forgot to add that your accepted ^.^
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
FlyLikeAGShep

Post by FlyLikeAGShep »

-Name-
Trenton “Trent” Reinhardt

-Character Type-
Main

-Species-
Canine - German Shepherd

-Age-
5 Human years [18 pet years]

-Neighborhood-
Sunset Plateau

-Appearance-
Trenton doesn't carry the same proportions as a standard German Shepherd. While most other seem more muscular, Trent is a bit smaller and shorter. Yet, that doesn't mean he isn't as athletic. Another striking feature of Trent would be his fur color. A genetic variant in the pigmentation of his fur. Instead of the usual black, tawny, and cream coloration, Trent has a Chocolate, Caramel, and Cream variant [In respective order to the former]. To match his earthy tones, his has eyes are green as jades. He has a vertical scar on his left cheek. During the Winter, his coat gets thick and longer, even then you'll see him wear a scarf and a argyle sweater vest. Alternatively, during the summer his coat his is cut short enough so it doesn't over heat.

Other notable attributes of Trent, he is one of the few animals to wear a a hat and glasses. Trent normally wears frameless glasses and a black flat cap that's specially tailored to fit between his large erect ears. Speaking of ears, his left ear is also strangely pierced

Collar: He tends to wear a green collar with a large d8 hanging from it. Each side has one letter of his name marked into it. During the hotter months, he will wear a chain collar, still with a d8 attached to it.

-Personality-
You know that guy that's easy to get along with. That is Trent. When meeting people at first, he can be a little shy. He is reserved until he genuinely warms up to a person. Even if he does, it takes a lot more to gain his trust. After that, he's quite sociable and outgoing. If you would had to peg him in a group, he'd be a complete nerd. Trent doesn't follow the stereotype of his breed being a police dog or herder. His master picked him for that reason. Trent loves reading fiction (mainly Fantasy and Sci-Fi), a gamer, and comic enthusiast. Yet, it isn't all play and no work. Trent is a dancer. He loves music and uses it as artistic outlet. It was keeps him in his tone shape. Like his breed, he has a great temperament. Even though he's fuse is long, one dog can only take so much.

History –
Before coming to Radiant Gardens or even being with his current family, Trent had another owner. Compared to his life back then his new one would be considered lavish. His original owner was in the low income portion of a city. Trent was a pup. His owner could barely keep up with rent, much less feed a growing pup. His owner abandoned him and he was left too the streets. The Street Life wasn't much different from being a Wild. It was still a Dog Eat Dog World. Trent found out that on the streets, the saying was quite literal. Though Trent never went that far. He lived off scraps and trash for quite some time. Dogs would normally go back to pack mentality, but Trent didn't. He found himself in situations where it was better to trust yourself and has gotten stabbed in the back a few times. Trent had to succumb to stealing food from humans. In one altercation, a human thrown Bleach in his eyes. Due to his state, he looked at though he had mange or was rabid, the human was scared. His was visually impaired and began to wonder the alleyways.
By the Time the ASPCA picked up Trent, he was malnourished. He never grew to the standard size of a German Shepherd and his eyesight was damaged. Trent had been on the street for almost two years. The shelter nourished him to health and supplied him with glasses. Yet, he was so distrusting of people and other animals. No one wanted to adopted him. Either because he was so skittish or because he didn't fit AKC standards of a German Shepherd. During his time their, Trent was taught how to read and write by a man named Austin Reinhardt. Austin saw something in Trenton that everyone else ignored, a broken heart. He wanted to mend it. Trenton slowly began to warm up to Austin. They built a bound. On Trent's third birthday, Austin adopted him.

Other Tid Bits
-The large d8 is like a capsule and holds Trent's medication
-Without his glasses, Trent is legally blind.
-His owners are a gay couple, but has taken his main owner's, Austin Reinhardt, last name. His other owner his Maxwell Rivera.
-Trent knows Spanish from Maxwell, yet doesn't know German. (Oh the Irony~)
-Unlike most pets, Trent doesn't call Austin or Max dad. He calls them by the names.
-When Trenton loses his temper he will either say bad words or go into Spanish. Though the swearing and its censorship is for comedic taste
-Even though Trent can be articulate, when he's overexcited (or even angered) he will use slang and start using dialect.
-Maxwell and Austin are ballroom dancers. Maxwell is a Professor of Spanish at a local college. Austin is a Mythology Professor at that same college, he also Co-owns a hobby shop in the city.

S.P.E.C.I.A.L

Strength- 4
Trent is still a German Shepherd and has some physical strengths that come naturally to the breed, but its below average

“I'm a Dancer, my strength is in my creativity and intellect, not my muscles”

Perception- 7 Being on the streets have given Trent some awareness. Being stabbed in the back and lied to has given him the ability to read people. Not read minds, but body language. Its more so mental awareness as Trent has 'assisted' eyes.

“I have this “Superpower” to tell if people are lying or not”

Endurance – 5
Due to his past of his malnourishment, Trent takes medication and wears glasses. It isn't common that he gets sicks, but it isn't uncommon either. Despite taking medication and getting sick, he has a decent amount of stamina due to his dancing.

“Oi! Just because I'm sick doesn't mean jack squat!”

Charisma- 6 Even though Trent is shy at first. Once he gets out his shell he is quite outgoing and charismatic. Even though Trent can be the “good boy” he can be quite persuasive. Something he has learned from the streets.

“I'm well seasoned in linguistics and word play. I'm not the cream of the crop, nor am I a newbie either.

Intelligence- 8
Trent is owned by two professor, so intelligence is something highly remarked in his household. Even though Max and Austin are laid back people, that are still educators.

“The marrying of two worlds, The Foundation of Education and the Charisma of the Streets. Interesting combination don't you think?”

Agility- 6
Coordination, Grace, Dexterity, and Balance: These a key terms need in Trent's aspiration as a dancer. Trent's owner has trained him much in the art of dance. He has even explored other genres himself. Yet, Trent's lack of endurance and his barely average musculature are what keep his Agility from being tier one.

“My feet of like paint brushes and the floor my canvas. I use my Grace to make my art.”

Luck- 7
Through his hardships throughout his early life, Lucky seems to sign more of Trent's side. Trent believes in the concepts of Karma, Fate, and Feng Sui. He tends to do many good things to keep his Lady Luck on his side. He's luckier than most, but this doesn't mean is immune to misfortune.

“I see my life as if I'm rollin' Nat 20s”
Last edited by FlyLikeAGShep on Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Current Characters
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

FlyLikeAGShep wrote:-Name-

-Character Type-
Main

-Species-
Canine - German Shepherd

-Age-
5 Human years [18 pet years]

-Neighborhood-
Radiant Gardens
You need to switch this to Sunset Plateau
valerio

Post by valerio »

Where is Trent's house located? Are they neighbors to the Leone family?
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

I haven't picked a house for Chris yet either. I'll have to do that.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Welp, this is it Blay!

Blay's gonna make his entrance into the RP, wish him luck.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Yay! New day! I'll post as soon as I get home from class which will be in about 3 hours.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Hey, fly.
I hate to be a bother, but you forgot to give your character a color, and when indicating an owner, bold their words so that its easier to read.

SuperStar, I'm giving both Blay and Trent a chance to meet up with Wiggins on the road!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

FlyLikeAGShep wrote:-Name-
just wanted to point out you're supposed to pick a text color to use when your character's speaking to make it easier to differentiate it from the rest of your text.
and I'm not sure about this neighborhood, but in others, human dialouge is written in bold or underlined for the same reason.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

I just said that :p
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

bah, I read the OOC a while before reading the in character so I didn't remember you had said it and just said it after seeing the post
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Well at least you're both in agreement. :P

First in best dressed. Who wants to meet Chris?

Chris' colour is #993300 and her owner's is #FF8000. It occurs to me that I need to give him a name too... Derek. We'll call him Derek.
I've made one or two small changes to Chris' sheet so let me know what you think. :) I edited the stats slightly and added the bit about her asthma.
Name: Christine “Chris”/”Christamundo” Martin
Neighbourhood: Sunset Plateau
Species: King Charles Cavalier Spaniel
Appearance: Mostly white, she has large, floppy chestnut-coloured ears, the colour of which extends up onto her head and around to her eyes. She also has blotches of the same colour across her back and sides. Her fur is of middling length and she’s about average height for her breeding, which means she’s short compared to many other dogs. Her collar is red and her tag is a silver star.
Background: Chris hails from London, England. Her owner is a magician and realising her propensity for magic, taught her everything he knows from an early age and included her in his shows as well as giving her her stage name, Christamundo. As a result, she is a mistress of illusion, sleight of hand, mind reading, escapes, card tricks and stage magic as well as close up magic and parlour tricks, even surpassing her owner in many regards. Unfortunately her owner was not able to make it as a magician in England so he’s come to Sunset Plateau to try again. When he’s not practising and performing magic, he works as an accountant in a bank. Bofe Chris an’ ‘er ownuh speak wivva bi’ ovva Cockney accent. Chris is also asthmatic and carries an inhaler around with her. Despite this, she keeps herself fit and active as she needs to be for her magic, although she's painfully aware that she has her limit and she knows that there are certain escapes and other tricks that she'll never be able to do.
Personality: Chris is a showdog. Friendly, outgoing and not in the least bit shy, she knows how to read and manipulate people and often uses this skill to outstanding effect in her act. Loyal to her friends, she is caring and gentle and patient. At the same time, she is active and sporty and loves to run and chase things.
Stats: S4, P6, E3, C8, I7, A8, L6
Last edited by Hlaoroo on Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Before time jump:
*tumbleweed rolls across screen*
After:
Whats the posting rate?
Its over Nine-THOUS--!
Okay, sorry, thats my only answer to fast posting.

Remember not to overwhelm the ic before the other characters get a chance to approach.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Sorry. Got a bit excited. :oops: I'll do one more post and then I'd better get to bed.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Hey, not a problem!
I'm just glad I was successful at reviving Sunset Plateau!
FlyLikeAGShep

Post by FlyLikeAGShep »

Trenton lives in the L shaped house near the Park
Current Characters
FlyLikeAGShep

Post by FlyLikeAGShep »

Anyone still around?
Current Characters
Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

MrNeonShot wrote:I'm just glad I was successful at reviving Sunset Plateau!
And here I thought revival items only gave minimal HP back. *bricked*

Edit:
FlyLikeAGShep wrote:Trenton lives in the L shaped house near the Park
I'm not sure how accurate that map is now. I mean, it is outdated for sure.
It is also kind of small. The yellow dots are especially hard to see, which is doubly important to me as Will and Paige are marked by them.
Paige Turner - The Stargazing Polyglot! - S4 P7 E6 C4 I10 A4 L7 (SP)
Will Turner - The Timid Survivor! - S5 P4 E8 C3 I6 A10 L6 (SP)
Timothy Cotton - The Overenthusiastic Soccer Star S6 P4 E8 C5 I5 A9 L5 (Zoo)
FlyLikeAGShep

Post by FlyLikeAGShep »

Pecan wrote:
MrNeonShot wrote:I'm just glad I was successful at reviving Sunset Plateau!
And here I thought revival items only gave minimal HP back. *bricked*

Edit:
FlyLikeAGShep wrote:Trenton lives in the L shaped house near the Park
I'm not sure how accurate that map is now. I mean, it is outdated for sure.
It is also kind of small. The yellow dots are especially hard to see, which is doubly important to me as Will and Paige are marked by them.
Yea even with my glasses it stings my eyes!
Current Characters
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Fly,
I see your new to the roleplaying community. I just wanted to point out that yes, people should give a heads up when they leave for more than 2 days.
That doesn't mean they have to tell you their leaving for a couple hours.

You also don't have to respond right away. If you don't want to, don't.

Also, double-posting is not allowed, unless a long enough period has passed (to me, thats 24 hrs.)

So if someone doesn't respond, give them a day or 2.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

yeah... I know I was gone all day, but I shouldn't miss over a page of posts...
luckily, I don;t moderate this neighborhood and I hadn't actually gotten Jessica interacting with anyone for the day, so unless anyone brought her into their group, I can skip most of these posts. Tomorrow. Kinda late for today, I had a lot to do.

I'd recommend setting an actual limit of number of posts a group can make in a day, maybe 5 or 6 posts per person in the group. Not a strictly enforced limit, but a guideline to better keep the timelines of different character groups synced so one group doesn't get to dinner time when another is having lunch.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

5 is what I've seen in most other RPs and it seems to work.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

I hope the GMs can forgive me for being so intense in my postings, but due to our timezone differences, I would like to use at best the awake time I have before earth's rotation forces me off the conversation. I am trying my best so to leave room for the others to intervene any moment.
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

You guys said I wouldn't have to worry about being lost, but this RP is zooming right by m'. I don't think I can keep up O-O
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Sorry. I guess we all got a bit excited.

Basically everyone went into Valiant and Rikki's and this also happened outside.
xhunterko wrote:The two escorts weren't the only pandas out on duty this morning. One had been following Blay!

"Excuse me sir, may I have a moment with you," the red panda guard said to him.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There was also a second red panda guard out and about. He too was looking around the Leone's house and had walked up to the group of pets.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

valerio wrote:I hope the GMs can forgive me for being so intense in my postings, but due to our timezone differences, I would like to use at best the awake time I have before earth's rotation forces me off the conversation. I am trying my best so to leave room for the others to intervene any moment.
Best. Excuse. EVER.
SuperStar wrote:You guys said I wouldn't have to worry about being lost, but this RP is zooming right by m'. I don't think I can keep up O-O
Okay guys, slow down. 5 post per person per day.

Val, if you get the chance to post 6 times, I do have to ask to stop there, but go ahead and post whenever you can.
FlyLikeAGShep

Post by FlyLikeAGShep »

Hey if someone ever needs me and I don't respond in OOC just hit me up on my skype: Crimsonheat.

I'll most likely answer it. If I don't I'm either away or asleep
Current Characters
Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

So, Will is in the park right now, but from what I could tell, no one else is. If someone goes an talks to him, I'll respond, otherwise, I'm just going to do a sort of self rp, and just post what Will is doing every now and then.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Just in case you didn't notice, SuperStar, I had Jessica follow after Blay
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Thanks, I didn't notice. X3
Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

Wait a second...
The panda at the Leone's and the one talking to Will... they're BOTH named Fellsward?
...I smell shenanigans.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

I fixed it.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Every panda is called Fellsward, Pecan. It's a long-standing tradition. Everyone knows that. :lol:
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

well they all do seem similarly named since Jess talked to Valsward
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

I sense that there may be an arc planned with the panda guards...
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

If there is, you should probably tell me about it. I like spontaneous arcs, but I want to be told what they are before it begins.