2014/05/09 - How Charged With Punishments The Scroll

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
metaecho

Re: 2014/05/09 - How Charged With Punishments The Scroll

Post by metaecho »

I've been lost with this thing since the very beginning, but if I understand what you all have said,why can't king team up with the great dragon and take out pete? Or just take pete out himself?

(For better or worse though, I'm really looking foreward to seeing the super-warrior form king or whatever.. x3 )
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Well, for one thing, the purpose of this game is not "taking out" Pete or Dragon. This is a duel between Avatars. I'm pretty sure there's some metaphysical explanation as to why they can't just beat Pete up relating to the fact that he's a demigod and not really part of this universe, so that's not gonna work either.
Iwuh

Post by Iwuh »

NOOOOO 3 COMICS A WEEK ISN'T ENOUGH I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL MONDAY FOR THE NEXT PAGE WHY DO YOU DO THIS TO ME
Placeholder until I steal one of those banner thingies from somebody.
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

King, doesn't seem that you hated your new dog life, at first. You were just confused and scared, indeed... :roll: Now Pete, fortunately for King, he has got the force to accept his new life as a dog, finding a great friend and even getting married. The things went also good, he's happy of them. He did all this alone, with a great will! You have no credit to take, you can't do that! Jerk... :|
Pete did the transforming right to use King as his avatar in the cosmic game against the Spirit Dragon, but not only for that: what he does is all calculated and premeditated, not reasonable. Probably he doesn't know and cares of the consequences of his actions, but he may find a way to fix them. That's unbecoming of you? Yeah, certainly... King, now don't let him change your thoughts... Ok, I'm thinking that Pete is a sort of sadistic.
What's going to happen next? What's Bailey thinking now?
Shadowstar23

Post by Shadowstar23 »

@Cesco

Bailey, having gotten over her earlier denial, is now thinking "Now, where did I put my badmitten racket....."

(I hope I spelt that right.) :?:
There is always a mystical adventure awaiting you. You just have to find it and take the first step into epicness.
YourRoyalCorginess

Post by YourRoyalCorginess »

Is it just me or is Pete being drawn to look more innocent and cute this arc?
isaacellobo

Post by isaacellobo »

Is Pete doing a SHAFT head tilt? O.o
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

HundKatzeMaus wrote:I think you are right, but how should he had THAT explained to her?
"Bailey I was once a human, who tried to dognap your cousin but know we are best friends."?
He's smart, I'm sure he would have been able to come up with some way to tell her.
Obbl wrote:Well, for one thing, the purpose of this game is not "taking out" Pete or Dragon. This is a duel between Avatars. I'm pretty sure there's some metaphysical explanation as to why they can't just beat Pete up relating to the fact that he's a demigod and not really part of this universe, so that's not gonna work either.
Aren't "demigods" the cross between mortals and deities? I don't understand why they call him that. If anything, he looks like a lesser power or something.
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!
valerio

Post by valerio »

YourRoyalCorginess wrote:Is it just me or is Pete being drawn to look more innocent and cute this arc?
Don't let yourself deceived! He's just mocking you!
AidenCorgi

Post by AidenCorgi »

It's funny that Pete said "Brutal Combat" but everyone is assuming it's to the death. That would be more of a "Mortal Combat" so maybe it is just a big game of Pillow Fight, or something equally as non-deadly. Then again Pete does lie and manipulate alot.
Gren

Post by Gren »

AidenCorgi wrote:It's funny that Pete said "Brutal Combat" but everyone is assuming it's to the death. That would be more of a "Mortal Combat" so maybe it is just a big game of Pillow Fight, or something equally as non-deadly. Then again Pete does lie and manipulate alot.
You know, I was kind of trolling when I said that. Of course no one's gonna die, I'm not an idiot. Pete already told that: “No matter what happens everyone gets their happily ever after”. It's not like you can expect such a dramatic ending in this comic.
And it's about demigods what we're talking about. So even if the avatars die it's not like it's gonna be such a hard task to bring them back to life. This is just a game for them after all. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if the avatars have extra lifes.
ImageImage
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Avatars do die, though. We saw Pete emotional after losing one previously. A happily-ever-after does not have to mean everyone lives.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
valerio

Post by valerio »

diss wrote:Avatars do die, though. We saw Pete emotional after losing one previously. A happily-ever-after does not have to mean everyone lives.
which makes me hope that at least THIS tme he won't be risking King's life. also, I believe Dragon an Kitsune will do their best to avoid life losses.
Of course, it also possibile that the death of Pete's previous avatar was incidental.
Huskyfox

Post by Huskyfox »

Kinda hard to say what is gonna happen...but is King REALLY satisfied with his life? And will Bailey interject?? All we can do is sit back and watch
William_David

Post by William_David »

I think the six tailed guy would do it if that is what happened.
King is awesome!
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Spirit Dragon is not allowed to conspire with King because he is a third party player at the moment, unattached. He is untouchable for her, as he is an enemy.

As for Pete, he is in control and he knows it. Hopefully Bailey will have enough sense to see through his malarkey.

Oh King, you are in for a world of trouble. After Bailey chews you out I am sure Fox will find out a few things.
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
deepskycyan

Post by deepskycyan »

Oh hey. It's Pete, the backflipping gryphon!

Wak wak wak.
"Reality continues to ruin my life." -B. Watterson
Shadowstar23

Post by Shadowstar23 »

deepskycyan wrote:Oh hey. It's Pete, the backflipping gryphon!

Wak wak wak.
Wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatttttttttttt?
There is always a mystical adventure awaiting you. You just have to find it and take the first step into epicness.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

copper wrote:Spirit Dragon is not allowed to conspire with King because he is a third party player at the moment, unattached. He is untouchable for her, as he is an enemy.

As for Pete, he is in control and he knows it. Hopefully Bailey will have enough sense to see through his malarkey.

Oh King, you are in for a world of trouble. After Bailey chews you out I am sure Fox will find out a few things.
Chews him out for what, not wanting to look insane? There is no way any rational person or dog would believe any of this. King would just look crazy and if Bailey believed him with out any direct proof she would be just as nuts.
valerio

Post by valerio »

copper wrote:Spirit Dragon is not allowed to conspire with King because he is a third party player at the moment, unattached. He is untouchable for her, as he is an enemy.
Conspiration with King would be unnecessary.
In the Game, Tarot is the avatar, but not Sabrina: Who prevents HER from setting some safety net for King?
Vyath

Post by Vyath »

Silly Zealot wrote: Aren't "demigods" the cross between mortals and deities? I don't understand why they call him that. If anything, he looks like a lesser power or something.
yeah, it seems like "demigods" in reference to Pete, Spirit Dragon, etc simply means lesser gods. Not omnipotent but supernatural beings nonetheless.
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

deepskycyan wrote:Oh hey. It's Pete, the backflipping gryphon!

Wak wak wak.
Hahahahaha! Image
ImageIf life gives you lemons, ask for salt and tequila.

Image Image
ImageImageImage
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

valerio wrote:
Conspiration with King would be unnecessary.
In the Game, Tarot is the avatar, but not Sabrina: Who prevents HER from setting some safety net for King?

She has when King's watch came around. In that arc, Sabrina was the one communicating with him because Dragon and Tarot could not.
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?