Post by Kyuunado »

Brace yourselves... The mass speculation is coming... :lol:
The nine-tailed Kitsune of England.
I am Kyuunado Fureatsurī!
Want to talk? PM me or message at [email protected] and add me on Google+
Sansash

Re: 2014/05/12 - She Loves Me

Post by Sansash »

Render wrote:There are only Dragon and Pete in this game and Great Kitsune as GM.
Question, though: Why did Pete say, "Just so we're clear, if anything is unlawful about this game, there are four more who should be here with me" during the Trial in Heaven?
jrh150482

Post by jrh150482 »

Lucid_Dragon wrote:
valerio wrote:I need RULES!
Unfortunately, the rulebook for U&U version 835298659134 has a number of pages in the googols...

Plus, maybe these Cosmic Nerds prefer the more "classic" rules of version 835298659133.5, and are fearing the changes coming when Wizards of the Eternal Coast brings out U&U Next. :P
You, my good person, win an Internet.
*in Christopher Walken style*

I have a fever... and the only prescription... is more Kingley!
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Sansash wrote:Question, though: Why did Pete say, "Just so we're clear, if anything is unlawful about this game, there are four more who should be here with me" during the Trial in Heaven?
Pete's referring to the game in its entirety, not the struggle between himself and Spirit Dragon to control the gaming group.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
valerio

Post by valerio »

CreativePr0cess wrote:Wowowowowowowowow we don't know that yet.
Besides, I always pictured Keene as a... Well... To his own right, GOOD character. Sure he has his downfalls, but he isn't exactly evil. Even in his bio it says he is "one of the few [ferrets] that feels guilty about inheriting all that money and not carrying on his owner’s legacy to any significant degree". If that isn't good, then I don't know what is. I don't believe Keene would do something like this for selfish reasons... UNLESS it's actually to help fulfill his fathers legacy.
Oohohohoohohohohohohohohoho that's juicy.
But in no way do I believe Keene "wouldn't hesitate to sacrifice Sabrina's happiness"... At the very least it would take a lot of thinking from him. And maybe not even then.
Allow me to refreshen your memory.
I could only accept, and that too would be within the scheming ferret's way of planning, that he's playing double-cross. In which case, he's doing a fine darn job
Kyuunado wrote:Brace yourselves... The mass speculation is coming... :lol:
too late, Mr. Bond...
Venorik

Post by Venorik »

King! Do not let her do it! Tackle her away from that muffins and cookies thing, this is your fight! Stop being so cute and useless! Pete JUST said the spell expires on its own so there's no real guarantee he's not just warping his words to get you to co-operate!

Crap, now my overactive imagination is gonna take this and run like a madman for a few weeks. :|
Gbr23

Post by Gbr23 »

So now that Bailey is Pete's avatar, is she going to get powers ? You know, like Tarot's. I hope so !
And I speculate that if she does, she could need some training ... So the next strip might, just might be Bailey's training for the duel, and that would be awesome to watch
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Is this going to be a dual or a cosmic cuss-athon? :lol:
The nine-tailed Kitsune of England.
I am Kyuunado Fureatsurī!
Want to talk? PM me or message at [email protected] and add me on Google+
brownwolf

Post by brownwolf »

thanks rick
HundKatzeMaus

Post by HundKatzeMaus »

I don't care if someone saw it or not,
you can't deny that this is still a shocking moment :cry:
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

What a twist! :o Hadn't thought of it. I see it like a sort of inner defeat for Bailey, a constriction that's not from her character, but for the real love she's having for King and for his sake (as a dog, of course), she can do this sacrifice, and even more. :) She's still amazing. ;) What will bring this probably bad choice? Will be done something to make King stay a dog?
There aren't problems to you to change avatar, Pete... What would say Great Kitsune? You think that King changed Bailey's pity into devotion? No, he has done none of this, it's all an evident initiative of Bailey (hence the comic strip title)...
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Obbl wrote:Why can't she be something other than the 3 classes we know about? It seems kinda silly to have only 3 classes in a Dungeons and Dragons style game. Surely there are others. Plus if she was a Dream Sunderer, she'd be no use to Pete for the same reason Peanut, Grape, and Fido are no use to him. She is clearly in love with King.
I'm sure there is a chance for Pete to choose a different class. No doubt in my mind. The reason I am putting so much faith in Dream Sunderer is because Pete mentioned his best chances against a Soverign Spiritist were to create a Dream Sunderer. I'm taking a chance here that the weaknesses in the game are more like balancing issues, and if that's true, then Pete is going for a Sunderer to stop Tarot's communications with the spirits. It may even flat out stop her from being psychic.
Gren wrote:It'll be better to clarify a couple of things:
-The Dark Paladin only have a chance with the age bonus.
-The Dream Sunderers cannot be in love.
-Tarot is a Sovereign Spiritist. Not to mention she has the generational power boost and a ton of experience. She's not someone you can beat by mere brute force. And above all, she deserves to win because she is a better character than Bailey and the corgi runt. 8-)
Correct, but Pete did mention that he could at one time at the temple bypass the love restriction. Infact, it wouldn't surprise me after this that his next task is to trick or guide Bailey back to the temple so he could remove the restriction. After that, without the restriction, it's just about how good Bailey is at the game than Tarot at this point.
Valerio wrote:BUT there is the chance that while 'She Loves Me' is referred to King with Bailey, then 'She Loves Me Not' could be referred to Pete and Bailey
Now that is a theory. =P

I don't really know what a Dark Paladin can do, but I still stay by the idea that it sounds like a Dream Sunderer sounds so much likely to be the counter to a Soverign Spiritist.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
YourRoyalCorginess

Post by YourRoyalCorginess »

Pete must die :evil: , evil must be vanquished!
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Pete isn't evil.

Gren

Post by Gren »

GameCobra wrote:Correct, but Pete did mention that he could at one time at the temple bypass the love restriction. Infact, it wouldn't surprise me after this that his next task is to trick or guide Bailey back to the temple so he could remove the restriction. After that, without the restriction, it's just about how good Bailey is at the game than Tarot at this point.
If that were the case he wouldn't have changed his main strategy which was Grape. I don't think there's any other way to circumvent the love restriction.
brownwolf wrote:thanks rick
???
YourRoyalCorginess wrote:Pete must die :evil: , evil must be vanquished!
Relax dude, It's just a comic. He's not that bad guy, just a bit capricious.
diss wrote:Pete isn't evil.
ImageImage
Argent

Post by Argent »

Saturn381 wrote:Does anyone else feel that Pete is going to sabotage Tarot's life before the battle starts so he can get an easy victory?
Dragon seems to be doing a good job of that already.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Gren wrote:If that were the case he wouldn't have changed his main strategy which was Grape. I don't think there's any other way to circumvent the love restriction.
Mightbe because there was a requirement for Grape, who was a cat, that was broken thanks to Zach. Bailey might have different restrictions either because she's a new character or a dog.

There's also the possibility that Bailey might have something that Grape doesn't that makes her a lot stronger than Grape. Sure, Grape is rough and tough, but Bailey is a dog, a huskey as well, and is devoted to King. While we could say the same things about Peanut, Grape and King ~ Bailey's devotion has already been shown likely to be the strongest of any pets so far, and Pete ~ in a dark tone ~ seems to be driving the point home that this is likely the reason he wants Bailey, so it's very likely she will have a lot of strong qualifications Pete wants.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Argent

Post by Argent »

Then why does he have an Evil Voice?
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

It's more of a "God Voice," really; Dragon and Kitsune both have them, as does Lord Bahamut.

Acritic2

Post by Acritic2 »

valerio wrote:
Kyuunado wrote:King is either going to give himself up, or rampage on Pete. Please be the second please be the second... :lol:
I see King going to Sabrina and Tarot to strangle any help outta them.
That's another thing that would be fun to see.
Lucid_Dragon wrote:I think the "serpent" part is very fitting of his personality. :twisted:
*Checks back in comics*
Valid
Last edited by Acritic2 on Mon May 12, 2014 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

GameCobra wrote:
Gren wrote:If that were the case he wouldn't have changed his main strategy which was Grape. I don't think there's any other way to circumvent the love restriction.
Mightbe because there was a requirement for Grape, who was a cat, that was broken thanks to Zach. Bailey might have different restrictions either because she's a new character or a dog.

There's also the possibility that Bailey might have something that Grape doesn't that makes her a lot stronger than Grape. Sure, Grape is rough and tough, but Bailey is a dog, a huskey as well, and is devoted to King. While we could say the same things about Peanut, Grape and King ~ Bailey's devotion has already been shown likely to be the strongest of any pets so far, and Pete ~ in a dark tone ~ seems to be driving the point home that this is likely the reason he wants Bailey, so it's very likely she will have a lot of strong qualifications Pete wants.
Let me just quote the "Trial in Heaven"
Pete wrote:I could have ignored the "loveless" requirement had they received the energy directly from my mana pool (which is why I waited), but a mortal ineligible due to his species ended up activating it, so the point was moot
My reading of this seems to indicate he had one shot to get his Dream Sunderer regardless of being in love, which Zach accidentally messed up. So, I also think it unlikely that Bailey (being very much in love with King) is useful to Pete if she is a Dream Sunderer. Now she might be something else where strong love and devotion is a bonus to the class. That would fit well.
Venorik

Post by Venorik »

Argent wrote:
Saturn381 wrote:Does anyone else feel that Pete is going to sabotage Tarot's life before the battle starts so he can get an easy victory?
Dragon seems to be doing a good job of that already.
Now that I think about it, the issues between Dragon and Tarot might actually tip the balance in Petes favor even more then it is already. If Pete sticks with his Dark Paladin plan, he stated that that class is also powered by discontent. He doesn't specifically say it had to be the Paladins discontent, much like how Spawn takes in the sins of others to fuel his powers.
Ryusuta

Post by Ryusuta »

You and I have VERY different definitions of the word "evil," my friend.
Discostew

Post by Discostew »

The agreement for King to keep his life and his wife was if Pete got an avatar. While I don't know much about the cosmic game, it seems to me that Pete enjoys messing with King. King may be able to shirk off Pete directly, but now Bailey is involved and Pete may end up using her against him (if that's possible). This worries me. Pete knows King's previous existence, and all Bailey knows "now" is that King was once human, but nothing about who he was or what he's done in his prior life (which includes the dognapping of Fox).
Gbr23

Post by Gbr23 »

Agreed, Pete isn't bad nor evil, he is just the other side of the duel, and maybe the antagonist but that doesn't makes him evil

On a side note, @Gren that Messi gif is a win
ImageImage
Shadowstar23

Post by Shadowstar23 »

And so rick proves how much of a genius he is at surprising me. I honestly did not see that coming.
There is always a mystical adventure awaiting you. You just have to find it and take the first step into epicness.
Ty-Guy6

Post by Ty-Guy6 »

My first response was... it doesn't make sense! Why is Bailey being so crazy and impulsive, signing contracts she doesn't bother to read from a demigod she doesn't trust when she hardly knows what's going on (and also, when King does know)? At least she should try to barter like when Hercules got Hades to promise he wouldn't hurt Megara! I can only see a few possible reasons for this impulsiveness:

1. She isn't thinking straight - it's the middle of the night and a giant griffin shows up: weirdness overload!
2. She's acting fast so King doesn't have a chance to stop her, throwing caution to the wind because her love for him is the wild kind.
3. She's shocked by the revelation the her husband's a man and she wants to reconcile this by becoming an instant part of whatever craziness he's dealing with.
4. She's a dog - she does what she likes, and what do contracts have to do with anything important, anyway?
5. Rick simply wanted to skip past the talk to the dramatic reveal. (A matter of taste whether you like this - I think it could have used more buildup.)

Well, I'm just hoping we get a little more explanation here, to narrow down the possible interpretations.
Gbr23

Post by Gbr23 »

Ty-Guy6 wrote:My first response was... it doesn't make sense! Why is Bailey being so crazy and impulsive, signing contracts she doesn't bother to read from a demigod she doesn't trust when she hardly knows what's going on (and also, when King does know)? At least she should try to barter like when Hercules got Hades to promise he wouldn't hurt Megara! I can only see a few possible reasons for this impulsiveness ...
Well ... She is in love ... I mean, you do stupid crazy impulsive things when you are in love ... and for the one you love
(yes, I am aware of how cheesy I just sounded like)
ImageImage
WhoElseButQuagmire

Post by WhoElseButQuagmire »

Ty-Guy6 wrote:My first response was... it doesn't make sense! Why is Bailey being so crazy and impulsive, signing contracts she doesn't bother to read from a demigod she doesn't trust when she hardly knows what's going on (and also, when King does know)? At least she should try to barter like when Hercules got Hades to promise he wouldn't hurt Megara! I can only see a few possible reasons for this impulsiveness:

1. She isn't thinking straight - it's the middle of the night and a giant griffin shows up: weirdness overload!
2. She's acting fast so King doesn't have a chance to stop her, throwing caution to the wind because her love for him is the wild kind.
3. She's shocked by the revelation the her husband's a man and she wants to reconcile this by becoming an instant part of whatever craziness he's dealing with.
4. She's a dog - she does what she likes, and what do contracts have to do with anything important, anyway?
5. Rick simply wanted to skip past the talk to the dramatic reveal. (A matter of taste whether you like this - I think it could have used more buildup.)

Well, I'm just hoping we get a little more explanation here, to narrow down the possible interpretations.

Bailey: "I take it the odds are against us and the situation's grim"
King: "You could say that"
Bailey: "If Fox were here, he'd say that I was an irrational, illlogical female canine for going on a mission like this....... (Bailey grins and signs the contract) Sounds like fun!"
Discostew

Post by Discostew »

It may be because she thinks she owes Pete a debt of gratitude. Without Pete, King (as he is) would not exist, and Bailey's life would be much different than what it is now. All the happiness she had received because of King is linked to Pete make that available.
Huskyfox

Post by Huskyfox »

Bailey: I would do anything for love..but i won't..wait, i WILL do that!
King: My wife has flipped her lid...muffins and cookies you Pete
Pete: OOOOO this ought to be fun!!
Lucid_Dragon

Post by Lucid_Dragon »

valerio wrote:
Lucid_Dragon wrote:
valerio wrote:I need RULES!
Unfortunately, the rulebook for U&U version 835298659134 has a number of pages in the googols...
Plus, maybe these Cosmic Nerds prefer the more "classic" rules of version 835298659133.5, and are fearing the changes coming when Wizards of the Eternal Coast brings out U&U Next. :P
It's dem dogforsaken Errata, I tell you!! Mortal life was SO easier back when you have capricious gods, a quest and a foe! But NOOOO, now they go all brainiacs and work around the rules like a bunch of LAWYERS!
What are Games today coming to?
Yeah! Not only that, but they nerfed the Dream Sunderer and Necro Prophet classes by FORBIDDING them from using the d1000000! Now they only can use a d500000! :P

Still, they'll probably just try to justify all the changes by inviting Spirit Dragon, Pete, Great Kitsune, and Wil Wheaton to Psycon to demonstrate the "improved system."

Well...time to break out the ol' Red Box. :P
jrh150482 wrote:You, my good person, win an Internet.
Why thank you. :)
Last edited by Lucid_Dragon on Mon May 12, 2014 9:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
CR4CK3RW0LF

Post by CR4CK3RW0LF »

(blows dust off of login button)

*cue Pete's musical number for "Poor Unfortunate Souls"*

so if he does end up human, would he adopt/steal her from her current owner!?!?!

will he go back to peta!?!? how will fox hand him being human!?!? will king even tell fox at all!?!?

oh the ever infinite web of possibilities!!
"its not toilet water.. Its most definately root beer, i swear officer! D:"
Leomon2004

Post by Leomon2004 »

I don't normally like Soap Operas, but this one has that "I've got to know what happens next" vibe for me. Pete isn't evil, he's just a powerful cosmic jerk that loves screwing with people. Kinda like Q from Star Trek. I wonder if King will use the boon from the Kitsune to become Pete's avatar instead of Bailey. I have this feeling that the knowledge of the loser's avatar will be erased from the memories of everyone. If King turns back to Joel in front of Fox I imagine Fox's reaction to be something like this.
Jamonius

Post by Jamonius »

CR4CK3RW0LF wrote:(blows dust off of login button)

*cue Pete's musical number for "Poor Unfortunate Souls"*

so if he does end up human, would he adopt/steal her from her current owner!?!?!

will he go back to peta!?!? how will fox hand him being human!?!? will king even tell fox at all!?!?

oh the ever infinite web of possibilities!!
Kinda doubt he'll go back to PETA, that bridge has been pretty thoroughly burned and I think King has seen the error of his way regarding how he used to view animals. As for how Fox would handle it, he never knew King was Joel so the moment Fox saw Joel again I think he would try to have him arrested immediately. I think this is something that would hold true no matter how much fast talking Joel engaged in or how much knowledge he revealed that would point to him being King. Fox wouldn't believe the magic stuff without some kind of intervention from Pete, Dragon, Tarot, Sabrina, or now Bailey. Fox would more likely believe either Joel tortured the info out of King (especially if King has "gone missing" for a while before Joel runs into Fox) or that Joel and King were working together somehow all this time.

As for Joel adopting/stealing Bailey I consider that unlikely as well. Gotta remember that as a human Joel is essentially an escaped convict. Were King to be turned back into a human he would almost certainly want to go into hiding right away if he wants to remain free and I'm pretty certain he wouldn't want to subject Bailey to that kind of life. He would be far more likely to turn himself in rather than put her through all that.
Crux

Post by Crux »

Oh dogs... Now i wonder what Pete has for her...
Despite What You've been told... I once had a soul.
Left somewhere behind...
~~Avatar by MrAxolatte~!!
valerio

Post by valerio »

Crux wrote:Oh dogs... Now i wonder what Pete has for her...
allow me a hint: NOTHING good
Gren

Post by Gren »

Jamonius wrote:As for Joel adopting/stealing Bailey I consider that unlikely as well. Gotta remember that as a human Joel is essentially an escaped convict. Were King to be turned back into a human he would almost certainly want to go into hiding right away if he wants to remain free and I'm pretty certain he wouldn't want to subject Bailey to that kind of life. He would be far more likely to turn himself in rather than put her through all that.
I don't think he'll escape but rather give himself up to the police as a proof that he is not the same person he used to be, but specially to prove Fox and Bailey that he is a good person now (since they were a positive influence on him) and will try to rebuild his life from scratch.
Actually, Joel was a good person since the beginning. He always felt very fond with animals and wanted to help them but due to the incident he suffered when he was a child, he lost all confidence in them and wasn't sure how to approach them properly. He was confused and wasn't sure how to feel about them and what he should do in order to help them. But now that he has experienced firsthand what it is to be a pet, he may now know what is the best thing for them and find a way of how he can be of some help.
There's also the possibility that Keene is well aware of the whole King/Joel situation and will bail him out of prison. Keene is a smart guy with a lot of money but cannot trust in the people that surrounds him cause they're only interested in the money and didn't care about his ideals at all. But he may find a powerful and reliable ally in Joel. He has passed through both worlds. He lived as a pet and as human and is still willing to help animals regardless of all the pain he went through. Knowing all of this, I'm sure Keene will have no problem putting his trust on him and will find a good use of the benefits of his human rights. Joel may become the public face of all of Keene's schemes and the heir of Henry Milton's last will.

Well, at least I think that would be a good ending too.
ImageImage
valerio

Post by valerio »

Even if now King would offer to take Bailey's place, and the contract could be rescinded, it would be Bailey who wouldn't accept -not to mention that the problem remains: they'd still be separated whenever Pete summoned one of them.
It's likely that King, at this point, would step down from his 'third party' position and offer himself as support to Bailey -just like Sabrina is heavily involved in the game despite NOT being an avatar herself. This way, they would share the fate of the Game together.

This rambling doesn't take count of a multitude of factors, among them King's soulwatch, which is just about to expire...
WhoElseButQuagmire

Post by WhoElseButQuagmire »

yellowcrash10 wrote:I want to point out that the title of the strip is "She Loves Me"... Wouldn't that mean that the title of a later stip will be "She Loves Me Not"? :?

I hope not :b

I suppose it could be Pete sarcastically/vainly thinking Bailey is just using King as an excuse to cover up a genuine desire to work for him.