2014/05/14 - For Love And Justice

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Acritic2

Re: 2014/05/14 - For Love And Justice

Post by Acritic2 »

Viethra wrote:Nobody saw this coming. I mean, how could anyone possibly predict mecha Bailey.
Now just imagine the battle gear dragon will give Tarot...
WhoElseButQuagmire

Post by WhoElseButQuagmire »

Acritic2 wrote:
Viethra wrote:Nobody saw this coming. I mean, how could anyone possibly predict mecha Bailey.
Or maybe Dragon won't arm her enough in order to throw the challenge in order to live life as a mortal and go after a Tarotless Peanut.
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Really, if Housepets doesn't have a codifier for "Jump The Shark" on TVTropes, now it does. :|

I really don't know how I feel about this....
CreativePr0cess

Post by CreativePr0cess »

WhoElseButQuagmire wrote:
Acritic2 wrote:
Or maybe Dragon won't arm her enough in order to throw the challenge in order to live life as a mortal and go after a Tarotless Peanut.
Oh you did NOT just say that... Dragon wouldn't do thaaattt... Right...?

So at this rate, I'm assuming Tarot, Bailey, King (one way or another), Keene, Zach, Grape, Sabrina, and Peanut are possibly going to be in the final fight. If there is even a final fight at all...

I wonder if Rick is against killing off characters. Ehehehe...
I cut off an inch from every straw I see so the world will suck a little less.
Frank

Post by Frank »

flower power, dis! now I'm gonna have her theme music stuck in my head all day!
Darastrixen wrote:I'm not entirely sure why, but I feel like it would feel more natural to just have the class be called "avenger." It's as though there's some evil version of the class they needed to name the "black avenger," which just doesn't make sense to me.
Isn't that how Batman defines himself?
valerio wrote:what upsets me about this EPIC AWESOME TRANSFORMATION is, Pete could just have explained everything in detail to King and perhaps even win his loyalty!
So that answers a couple days ago "Maybe I believe in full discolsure?" "No!"
Also, remember Pete's "a bit of a jerk" ;)
"[E]ven with simple tools, you too can make awesome."
November 21, 2010
valerio

Post by valerio »

Frank wrote:So that answers a couple days ago "Maybe I believe in full discolsure?" "No!"
Dang, forgot that aspect of him! :lol:
Admittedly, i thought he had that modicum of sense not to work against his own interests, but again he IS a big birdbrain :lol: :lol:

...also, this panel and a nagging suspect leads me to think: How MUCH of a hypocrite is Dragon for professing love and getting Tarot ready for BRUTAL COMBAT? And at the risk of involving PEANUT...or the poor pup was just something she wanted?
Last edited by valerio on Wed May 14, 2014 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
CR4CK3RW0LF

Post by CR4CK3RW0LF »

...really surprised she didnt hold her sword aloft and shout "I HAVE THE POOWWAAARRR!!!!", but i guess rick isnt terribly into direct cartoon tv references.. although im sure someone is going to prove me wrong in the following comments..

also the character identifying bandanna has now turned into an epic scarf.. gotta love epic scarfs!!

and lol for the players handbook sounding biblical, nice touch rick. =P
CreativePr0cess wrote: ..I wonder if Rick is against killing off characters. Ehehehe...
he put the PG pen back and pulled out George R. Martin's.. let the bloodletting begin!!

*honestly cant imagine peanut and the gang in "Song of Ice and Fire" and doubt that rick could ever pull off an imaginate arc with that AND be PG.. but it would definitely be silly*
"its not toilet water.. Its most definately root beer, i swear officer! D:"
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

valerio wrote:
Frank wrote:So that answers a couple days ago "Maybe I believe in full discolsure?" "No!"
Dang, forgot that aspect of him! :lol:
Admittedly, i thought he had that modicum of sense not to work against his own interests, but again he IS a big birdbrain :lol: :lol:
How is trading in a Dark Paladin for a White Avenger with awesome battle armor "working against his own interests"? :|
I mean, granted, we don't know what King's powering up would have resulted in, but we all knew it was going to be hard to power him up at all considering he's now happy with Bailey (it's why so many people were upset with this arc at the beginning of it). But apparently Pete thinks this is the better strategy, so why is this him being a "birdbrain"? :|
Gamewolf67

Post by Gamewolf67 »

diss wrote:[ For Love And Justice ]

Title Text: I realized after finishing this, Bailey looks a bit like Samus in that

I told y'all there were more classes for Pete to choose from~.

Also, Bailey's armor is super-cool, awesome, and pretty sweet, isn't it?
Forget SAMUS, more like Gallantmon X!
Attachments
Gallantmon_X_b.jpg
Gallantmon_X_b.jpg (12.32 KiB) Viewed 11850 times
Feel my icy wrath!
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

Bailey looks EPIC in that armor.

The one thing that concerns me about this is the possibility that Pete may rush her out to combat without proper training. Unless the White Avenger has gamebreaker powers, or the trope Possession Implies Mastery applies, that could be disastrous for all involved.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Obbl wrote: How is trading in a Dark Paladin for a White Avenger with awesome battle armor "working against his own interests"? :|
I mean, granted, we don't know what King's powering up would have resulted in, but we all knew it was going to be hard to power him up at all considering he's now happy with Bailey (it's why so many people were upset with this arc at the beginning of it). But apparently Pete thinks this is the better strategy, so why is this him being a "birdbrain"? :|
Sorry, I was referring to an even earlier post o' mine, when I said that had Pete explained everything to King about being avatar, including a kicktail transformation to vent some of that pent-up rage against the world, King would've likely accepted to become an avvie for birdie rather than doing his damnedest to avoid it.
By keeping explanation all this time to the level of 'Be my slave or ELSE', Pete worked against his interests...unless he had already planned to get Bailey and King was only a mean to reach her...
OR, again, now Pete could even offer king a chance to fight alongside with Bailey rather than separate them. And King could even accept. And THAT would make for a great plan, jerk or not
IoKusanagi

Post by IoKusanagi »

I take it no one's gonna bring up the fact that Bailey just became a Magical Dog?
"Can we still use photocopy paper?"
valerio

Post by valerio »

IoKusanagi wrote:I take it no one's gonna bring up the fact that Bailey just became a Magical Dog?
nah, that comes with the contract 8-)
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

I think she is a bit limited in magic, the weapons and such suggest that she requires magic to be used on her armor and weapons and not for her own use.
Also, hello Grass Cutter! :D
The nine-tailed Kitsune of England.
I am Kyuunado Fureatsurī!
Want to talk? PM me or message at [email protected] and add me on Google+
Argent

Post by Argent »

IoKusanagi wrote:I take it no one's gonna bring up the fact that Bailey just became a Magical Dog?
So we're going to see one of those Sailor Moon type light-beams-and-ribbons-and-cherry-blossoms power-up attacks?

"In the name of the rubber bone, I will punish you!"

"Star Power Comfy Blanket Assault!"
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
KingFan202

Post by KingFan202 »

WhoElseButQuagmire wrote:
Acritic2 wrote:
^ This. nobody would see this coming! XD

What worried me is the last panel, it looks like shes gettin mind controled by that expression on her face.

I hope King and Bailey always stay together though. never break them up.
King as Red (Pokemon) Avatar By CHAOKOCartoons!
ImageImage
Sansash

Post by Sansash »

Wow! Cool!

...So, is Bailey actually larger in size? I can't really tell, since, you know, King's still as diminutive as always XD
Gren wrote:PS: The power of love... seriously?
And fury, too. Don't forget fury.
Gren wrote:And what is supposed to avenge?
Phil Coulson. ;)
DingoVolf
Location: It was unwise to wake the 3-eyed cat, but we did it anyways, and now look at us. Whatever you do,

Post by DingoVolf »

What the HEY!?
There should be like a 6 page POWER UP sequence if yer doin this right. Jeez, no style man, no style. ;)
KingFan202 wrote:What worried me is the last panel, it looks like shes gettin mind controled by that expression on her face.
Hah, That brings up a good point! Imagine the scene: Bailey and King holding eachother, King says "Bailey, I love you so much!". Bailey's eyes glow, and in the voice of Pete trying to sound like a woman "Gross, dude!" XD
ZeroTheFated

Post by ZeroTheFated »

That's it. Pete won :lol:
I Am Someone...
Someone who lives...
Someone who loves...
Someone You Can Trust...
I Am That Little Speck of DARKNESS to HELP YOU See Through The Brightest Light...
I Am Your Eternal Friend!
ZeroTheFated

Post by ZeroTheFated »

But seriously I find it hard to stare at Bailey and not think about this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyGFM5CGnoo

I mean it seriously fits...music wise. :D
I Am Someone...
Someone who lives...
Someone who loves...
Someone You Can Trust...
I Am That Little Speck of DARKNESS to HELP YOU See Through The Brightest Light...
I Am Your Eternal Friend!
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

I'm getting an Ultraman vibe in Bailey's suit.
TinFoilHats

Post by TinFoilHats »

diss wrote:[Title Text: I realized after finishing this, Bailey looks a bit like Samus in that
I thought the exact same thing.
"Samus is a dog?? OMYGOSH, how my young and impressionable mind is blown!!"
I AM RUBBER, YOU ARE GLUE!!!!
deepskycyan

Post by deepskycyan »

Wonder why Pete wants her to "hold off". Is he implying that Bailey needs to conserve her strength for the big fight? She's not even had training! A 'FACE!' probably won't fare well against magic, I'm sure.
KingFan202 wrote:What worried me is the last panel, it looks like shes gettin mind controled by that expression on her face.
I don't think so...mind control subjects usually undergo strange eye-glow phenomena...and nausea. Don't forget nausea.
"Reality continues to ruin my life." -B. Watterson
Noah33Fox

Post by Noah33Fox »

It almost looked like Pacific Rim
PIERULEZ

Post by PIERULEZ »

I wonder what would of happened if king signed the contract?
also does this mean Bailey will have to fight tarot? ;)
Acritic2

Post by Acritic2 »

I hope King and Bailey always stay together though. never break them up.
You noticed too? Thank heavans, because that face has me still on edge, and I already saw it today around 6 a.m.
Argent

Post by Argent »

I think Bailey in the last panel is just enthusiastic about the idea of running laps around Alaska.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Shadowstar23

Post by Shadowstar23 »

Oooohhhhh. The White Avenger ;) *tails wag* She looks ultra cute in that. :)
There is always a mystical adventure awaiting you. You just have to find it and take the first step into epicness.
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Really cool what happened, beautiful armor! :D Great prize for a great action, of love and fury, typical of Bailey. :D Seems to have been a great fortune for Pete, now he has an avatar apparently much stronger than King, an avatar that can really fight for him in the game... But, I don't feel like Pete deserves to win against Spirit Dragon... :roll: Yeah, Bailey could suffer of Pete's mind controlling, which could be bad for her relation with King.
That's curious, why this willing to take a run over Alaska? Origins re-born? :P She's feeling like the new Balto, in female version! :lol:
HundKatzeMaus

Post by HundKatzeMaus »

That Armor is just plain awesome, really plain awesome.
I'm really wondering how this will go on. :mrgreen:
Shadowstar23

Post by Shadowstar23 »

Ignore my previous comment. It was in bad taste. I agree with everything he said. She'd probably look better in chain mail. :?:
There is always a mystical adventure awaiting you. You just have to find it and take the first step into epicness.
Acritic2

Post by Acritic2 »

Shadowstar23 wrote:Ignore my previous comment. It was in bad taste. I agree with everything he said. She'd probably look better in chain mail. :?:
Either that or platemail with a second sword ready, but the scarf/cape has to stay.
Leomon2004

Post by Leomon2004 »

Anyone else think Bailey's armor looks like a Power Rangers battlizer?
http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2013 ... gunred.png
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

Leomon2004 wrote:Anyone else think Bailey's armor looks like a Power Rangers battlizer?
http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2013 ... gunred.png
You know I didn't thought about that until now.
RatHead

Post by RatHead »

Bailey... Looks... Awesome!!!!! Also I had an ad for budk catalogue special ops knives... Nice XD

HP! Messenger
Limp-in around eatin a dirty rubber Bizkit
Gren

Post by Gren »

I still think that Pete must be hiding something. Sorry but I don't buy it at all. It doesn't make sense. There's no way this can be what he was aiming for. I mean, I have nothing against Bailey to be the avatar, it's just all of this came out of the blue. It's too opportune and convenient, and that seems suspicious. If this “White Avenger” class actually existed and is as powerful as the Dark Paladin then why he didn't came out with this plan before? It wouldn't have been necessary to turn Joel into a dog to begin with. I'm sure there must be some other couples of dogs and cats with such strong and passionate love as theirs. Just look at Fido, he's the kind of guy who would give up everything for the sake of Sabrina. He would have been a good White Avenger too. And actually that would have been pretty interesting since Sabrina is in the opposite side.

I don't know what would be the reason behind this sudden change of plans but I've concluded two possible theories:

The first one (which I find quite interesting) is about Pete's next move and his true intention. The next thing he'll do is to tell King that he didn't lied when he said his only chance to defeat Dragon's avatar was King so long as he agreed to be his avatar. Which means Bailey has no chance against Tarot. King was right, Pete was not going to forfeit but to send Bailey to her own death. Of course, as we've learned from Tarot and Sabrina, the avatar's duty can be passed to another follower. Therefore, the only way for King to prevent Bailey's death is agreeing to take her place instead.

The other possibility (which I find stupid and I'll be very disappointed on Rick) is that this is another Deus ex machima just like the one we saw when Tarot was first introduced in the comic. People was upset because Peanut was suffering, so Rick brought a character from nowhere to finish that arc with a happy ending. This time, since the Dark Paladin requires discontent to power up, in order to prevent complaints from the audience Rick made up a new avatar class and thus avoided King's torture (even though he most likely had planned a happy ending).
ImageImage
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Gren, Rick's had this arc planned for several months...
To me, it seems that Fido would have been the only other one who might have fit this role, but I think it would have been difficult to get Fido in on this with his connection to Sabrina, who is probably herself rather protected. Here he has the perfect opportunity because King only knows so much and is pretty powerless himself to stop any of Pete's machinations, and Bailey knows nothing at all about any of this. I think it's actually a very well thought out plan by Pete.
WhoElseButQuagmire

Post by WhoElseButQuagmire »

CreativePr0cess wrote:
I wonder if Rick is against killing off characters. Ehehehe...
Anyone check on Uncle Rufus lately?
Gren

Post by Gren »

Obbl wrote:Gren, Rick's had this arc planned for several months...
To me, it seems that Fido would have been the only other one who might have fit this role, but I think it would have been difficult to get Fido in on this with his connection to Sabrina, who is probably herself rather protected. Here he has the perfect opportunity because King only knows so much and is pretty powerless himself to stop any of Pete's machinations, and Bailey knows nothing at all about any of this. I think it's actually a very well thought out plan by Pete.
The case of Fido was just an hypothetical example to prove my point. Why he bothered to make such a complicated long-term plan when he could have simply looked for another couple and tricked one of the lovers to fight for him? Perhaps one with a terminal disease with promises of a cure? But no, he had to transform a human into a dog, steal a piece of his soul from heaven and then wait till he fall in love and get married, without forgetting he had to wait till a billionaire ferret enter his temple making a deal with him and thus, buying the farm where the female dog who was his real objetive was living, forcing her to move to BG. Yup, that definitely sounds like a plan.
ImageImage
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Gren wrote:
Obbl wrote:Gren, Rick's had this arc planned for several months...
The case of Fido was just an hypothetical example to prove my point. Why he bothered to make such a complicated long-term plan when he could have simply looked for another couple and tricked one of the lovers to fight for him? Perhaps one with a terminal disease with promises of a cure? But no, he had to transform a human into a dog, steal a piece of his soul from heaven and then wait till he fall in love and get married, without forgetting he had to wait till a billionaire ferret enter his temple making a deal with him and thus, buying the farm where the female dog who was his real objetive was living, forcing her to move to BG. Yup, that definitely sounds like a plan.
Pete I'm certain knows how King and Bailey's life will be since he is omnipotent. The reason I think he chose Bailey is because he realizes all the things King did for Bailey have the strongest impact on her out of all the other characters. His confession to Bailey and the whole marriage and eternal love idea swept her, which so far I'm certain puts them on the highest bar already in that their relationship is the most serious and the quickest. The only one I could assume that could come close to this kind of devotion so far is Fido and Sabrina. All the other characters haven't grown into these kind of relations yet.
Last edited by GameCobra on Wed May 14, 2014 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur