2014/05/19- Coming In The Back Way

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
aguythatcan

Re: 2014/05/19- Coming In The Back Way

Post by aguythatcan »

WhoElseButQuagmire wrote:
TheWolfKin wrote:Seems too small for King to be Joel again. Maybe Pete turned him into Bailey? After all, King technically doesn't really have an owner, but Bailey does. King going missing for 7 months to a few years wouldn't cause TOO many issues, but Bailey? She has an owner, which would cause a LOT more issues for everyone involved. Changing King into Bailey would solve most of those issues.
So....the comic turns into "Mrs. Dogfire"?
Ok new guy here
but not really 'new' just want to say that is an awesome movie/reference

Furthermore I would like to draw everyone's attention that not only dose the 'he is filling in for bailey' theory make sense but on top of that I would like to point something out.

They have been 'sleeping' together for a while now and realistically speaking 'stubby legged husky puppies' are a strong possibility in there future! With that in mind (and with my knowledge as a writer myself and knowing how this kind of hilarity works in stories like this) I would like to propose that not only is he bailey... but he is bailey +1 to 6 depending on how that works in this world!!!! think about it Peat would totally do this!!!!!
Last edited by aguythatcan on Mon May 19, 2014 1:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ahh! Love its all over the place!
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Maybe King is gradually becoming a person? That would explain the butterfly text.
The nine-tailed Kitsune of England.
I am Kyuunado Fureatsurī!
Want to talk? PM me or message at [email protected] and add me on Google+
Discostew

Post by Discostew »

Kyuunado wrote:Maybe King is gradually becoming a person? That would explain the butterfly text.
:o I was just being random about the possibility of him having Joel's head and King's body. I didn't think there could be merit to that.
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Someone needs to be Ki-Joeled out of their cocoon
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
ConvoyWolf

Post by ConvoyWolf »

Roarin wrote:Someone needs to be Ki-Joeled out of their cocoon
That was a pun worthy of Karishad!
Discostew

Post by Discostew »

Fox: King?!
King: Yes, I am King......and I am Joel........you may call me Kiel, or Jong if you prefer.
aguythatcan

Post by aguythatcan »

On top of that he would have to deal with being pregnant close to full term!

You have to admit it's a hilarious possibility.
WhoElseButQuagmire

Post by WhoElseButQuagmire »

Discostew wrote:
King: Yes, I am King......and I am Joel........you may call me Kiel, or Jong if you prefer.
Fox: You must be JoelKing.
King: No, I'm quite serious.
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

WhoElseButQuagmire wrote: Fox: You must be JoelKing.
^ This XD

Ref Ref!
Discostew

Post by Discostew »

Discostew wrote:
Fox: You must be JoelKing.
HAHAHAHAHA!!! Good one!

After the drama we've procured on ourselves this past week, I think we're all settling down. The fact that we're "joelking" around like this demonstrates that.
Ryusuta

Post by Ryusuta »

Joker: And here... we... go!

(On a serious note, I'm bursting with anticipation. Like... this arc is going to be the death of me because every new strip is such a cliffhanger and makes me want to see more!)
aguythatcan

Post by aguythatcan »

Never mind, just looked it up. full term is around two months not seven. But its still possible!
Attachments
thumb_1341713620833.png
thumb_1341713620833.png (32.42 KiB) Viewed 7944 times
valerio

Post by valerio »

"Fox...I'm not a fat cartoon eskimo...I'm your father!"
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

"Don't look at me I'm ugly!! ... In your opinion, I think I look pretty good" :lol:
The nine-tailed Kitsune of England.
I am Kyuunado Fureatsurī!
Want to talk? PM me or message at [email protected] and add me on Google+
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

copper wrote:
TheWolfKin wrote:Seems too small for King to be Joel again. Maybe Pete turned him into Bailey? After all, King technically doesn't really have an owner, but Bailey does. King going missing for 7 months to a few years wouldn't cause TOO many issues, but Bailey? She has an owner, which would cause a LOT more issues for everyone involved. Changing King into Bailey would solve most of those issues.

I doubt it. Miles and Fox both recognized his voice as King...
If he was Joel his voice would be very different since he would now be in a bigger body (and also not a dog) wouldn't it? I'm pretty sure this is a fake out. I bet Bailey just doesn't "exist" anymore.
ConvoyWolf

Post by ConvoyWolf »

IceKitsune wrote:
copper wrote:

If he was Joel his voice would be very different since he would now be in a bigger body (and also not a dog) wouldn't it? I'm pretty sure this is a fake out. I bet Bailey just doesn't "exist" anymore.
Fox did ask him where Bailey was so she still exists.
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Or.. did HE take Bailey place since Bailey technically took his O_O
Speculation.

Ref Ref!
Discostew

Post by Discostew »

Roarin wrote:Or.. did HE take Bailey place since Bailey technically took his O_O
Speculation.
Wouldn't his voice change because of that? Anyways, she took his place as an avatar, not his body.

Anyway, maybe JoelKing (I think I'll call him that until he's finalized, thanks WhoElseButQuagmire) might not reveal himself just yet, but may send Fox off to bring Sabrina and/or Tarot (should she be available). As much as we think he'll reveal himself next strip (and get the strangling of his life), it may be a bit hard to explain the situation if the police are called in (or the wolves maul him). At least with Sabrina/Tarot, they could at least vouch for JoelKing before things get worse.
Last edited by Discostew on Mon May 19, 2014 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

ConvoyWolf wrote:
IceKitsune wrote:
copper wrote:

Fox did ask him where Bailey was so she still exists.
Ah true I missed that, still hes likely still King if not this whole thing is going to be Joel on the run for the rest of the arc until the fight is over and I really hope it isn't that.
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

My jaw dropped when I read this. I didn't expect for his transformation to start so fast. :o
Kyuunado wrote:Maybe King is gradually becoming a person? That would explain the butterfly text.
Oh my Dog, will we finally see the first Enro-- I mean-- half human-half animal, person in this comic?! :shock:
Roarin wrote:Or.. did HE take Bailey place since Bailey technically took his O_O
Speculation.
Oh, yeah that's more probable than what I was thinking... :?
ImageImageImageImage
Hedronal

Post by Hedronal »

WhoElseButQuagmire wrote:King should have asked Tarot and Sabrina to come along as well so someone can explain while Fox strangles him.
Sabrina could plausibly be around, with Tarot having left or being prepared to, but they are probably still rather busy, if available at all.
Discostew wrote:This is after he strangles him, right? This won't do without that. :P
I see a lot of things about Fox attacking Joel on sight on here, but I rather think he would not do so. Fox would probably be terrified after what happened last time. He may strike out after the initial revelation, but I wouldn't be surprised if he tried to run instead.
ConvoyWolf

Post by ConvoyWolf »

That would actually be an interesting angle. Maybe this is a test for King by Pete. Think about it, Pete turned Joel into King to change him personally and emotionally about animals and in the end he wound up with friends and a loving wife. And now by taking Bailey Pete not only gets his wish but its an oppurtunity to put King through a (hellish) test of his new self, perhaps a set about of time where King begins to TF little by little into Joel. If he manages to save Bailey in time, the spell is reversed and he becomes King again, fail to and he becomes Joel completely and Bailey remains Petes avatar permanently, or some grim outcome like that.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Fox standing with his back against the door, terrified.
Joel standing against the opposite wall, terrified.
Fox. "...So, who starts screaming first?"
Ryusuta

Post by Ryusuta »

I can't be the only one whose heart is beating in their throat from the anticipation, can I? o.o
valerio

Post by valerio »

Ryusuta wrote:I can't be the only one whose heart is beating in their throat from the anticipation, can I? o.o
I just transplanted mine for the fourth time since the start of this arc.
Which reminds me, I must check the batteries of my crash cart due to intensive usage...
Discostew

Post by Discostew »

Ryusuta wrote:I can't be the only one whose heart is beating in their throat from the anticipation, can I? o.o
Certainly not.
ConvoyWolf

Post by ConvoyWolf »

No way. This is big man.
WhoElseButQuagmire

Discostew wrote:
He DOES have the power to reedit the tags after the next strip....
Has he done that before? I never really take notice of previous tags when new strips come out.
I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure at least once, ether someone was mislabeled or someone needed a label and Rick changed the tags after the strip was published.
andwhyisit

Post by andwhyisit »

But to be fair the subject of appearance is likely not King becoming human, but rather King's current appearance as a dog. Essentially my theory is that King is still a dog, but is about to own up to Fox about his prior life as Joel. As for the blanket obscuring him, Rick obviously read all your theories from the last strip's thread and is trolling you all.
Silverseren

Post by Silverseren »

It looks like the turning him back into a human theory was right. Or presumably at this point. Does this mean King has the same voice as a dog as his human form does?

Pete is such a jerk.
Ryusuta

Post by Ryusuta »

Silverseren wrote:It looks like the turning him back into a human theory was right. Or presumably at this point. Does this mean King has the same voice as a dog as his human form does?

Pete is such a jerk.
I'd pretty much say so. I can't picture King speaking in a yappy high-pitched voice even as a dog. Plus, it was more fun this way.

(If one absolutely NEEDS to suspend their disbelief, maybe his voice was muffled by the blanket.)
WhoElseButQuagmire

andwhyisit wrote:But to be fair the subject of appearance is likely not King becoming human, but rather King's current appearance as a dog. Essentially my theory is that King is still a dog, but is about to own up to Fox about his prior life as Joel. As for the blanket obscuring him, Rick obviously read all your theories from the last strip's thread and is trolling you all.
If he is still a dog, then there's really nothing compelling him to reveal the Joel connection yet. It might go 'funny you should mention appearences....because I'm a human who only has the appearence of a dog.' Basicly what he told Bailey. One step at a time....get Fox used to that idea first, then hit him with the big one. Of course, JoelKing has in the past shown signs of not knowing when to keep his mouth shut so who knows what he'll say.
Jamonius

Post by Jamonius »

Hiding under the covers, good way to tease us forum speculators for a bit longer Rick! Looking forward to Wednesday now to see whether or not JoelKing will reveal himself.
TheOne
Location: Trapped in the center of the Galaxy. Need a starship to get out!

Post by TheOne »

Ok, I'm picking here, but I've been using "JoeKing" since before the other comments section was removed. I don't mind people using it, but...ahem...credit and etc.

Some interesting theories here. Pete's jerkiness could explain him turning JoeKing back into Joel, but Pete was told by Kitsune that he wasn't allowed to do that. As far as Pete's spell wearing off on its own, JoeKing noticed the USB charge port after Pete left and all is well.
*brick'd*
Seriously, I think JoeKing is still just King. The "appearance" bit is just King referencing (internally as of yet) that he used to be Joel.

The voice thing: remember, this IS a comic, and has certain elements of cartoon logic. Many prior cartoons and movies have done the "change species without changing voice" bit. Housepets! could do the same.

A perilous sight...
What is under the covers?
Is it man or dog?
Dag nabbed petty annoyances...
Argent

Post by Argent »

andwhyisit wrote:But to be fair the subject of appearance is likely not King becoming human, but rather King's current appearance as a dog. Essentially my theory is that King is still a dog, but is about to own up to Fox about his prior life as Joel. As for the blanket obscuring him, Rick obviously read all your theories from the last strip's thread and is trolling you all.
Rick said he's not reading any of the comments on the forums until after the arc is over.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
WhoElseButQuagmire

TheOne wrote:Ok, I'm picking here, but I've been using "JoeKing" since before the other comments section was removed. I don't mind people using it, but...ahem...credit and etc.
Ah, no offences meant, I probably missed your usage as I generally just gloss over the big hunk of text comments, especially if they are of the 'why Rick is doing this right/wrong' variety. I actually first noticed the pun when I was updating the Housepets! TVTropes page a few months ago...someone had written 'JoelKing' in one of the entries and I just mentally read it as 'joking'. It's just I never had a chance to use it till tonight. Since we spell it differently you can use JoeKing, and I'll use JoelKing :)

TheOne wrote: A perilous sight...
What is under the covers?
Is it man or dog?
Or is it a mawg? His own best friend. (Ok, I admit, that one I stole from Mel Brooks.)
Argent

Post by Argent »

A lot of people came up with the "I'm Jo... King" schtick, or variants.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Gamewolf67

Post by Gamewolf67 »

copper wrote:Coming In The Back Way

Title Text:imma beautiful butterfly okay

Appearances are everything, after all.

I wonder what's up~ :roll:
Pillow fight, that's what.
Feel my icy wrath!
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

valerio wrote:
Discostew wrote:Heh, it could be his way of keeping us in the dark for at least one more strip, because if it was marked Joel, then we wouldn't be speculating this aspect. :)
Meh, considering that EVERYONE is betting on King being reverted into Joel, tagging 'King' would make no sense. IMO
Tagging 'King' does make sense since he presently appears to be King for everybody until proven otherwise.

I expect to see Joel unter the cover or this:
Discostew wrote:
:o I was just being random about the possibility of him having Joel's head and King's body. I didn't think there could be merit to that.
What was also on my mind after I read the strip.

But he should start explaining prior he lefts the cover...

WhoElseButQuagmire wrote:Fox: You must be JoelKing.
Simply Image
ImageIf life gives you lemons, ask for salt and tequila.

Image Image
ImageImageImage
WhoElseButQuagmire

Gamewolf67 wrote:
copper wrote:Coming In The Back Way

Title Text:imma beautiful butterfly okay

Appearances are everything, after all.

I wonder what's up~ :roll:
Pillow fight, that's what.
Slow motion pillow fight?

Didn't Rick once use the tag ??? For a character whose identity we were not meant to know yet?

Maybe Pete turned King into Ponbon.