So, About King and Fox

Discuss the comic here
DragoonDart

So, About King and Fox

Post by DragoonDart »

Hey all. With all of the attention on King and Fox with this past arc (and with today's arguably historic comic), I thought I'd take the chance to give a few thoughts of mine on these two characters. But first I think I should apologize for how "left field" these opinions of mine could be - or could seem - to some. Maybe I'm crazy, I don't know, but I do really want to share my thoughts (heck given how I start off with a disclaimer some of you might know what I'm talking about)!

So, I know that it would never happen in a million years (in cannon and in probably all fanfics) but I see Fox and King and I say to myself "they would make a good couple!" I don't know if this has crossed anyone else's thoughts but they do really have a special friendship. Of course it's possible that me and my eyes read way too deeply into how quickly King and Fox became friends, and that hug in "So Not as to Leave You Hanging," but there you have it. Although in my defense Fox did once call King cute! I'm not so sure that they'd work as a long term couple but I still think they're just too cute and would go great together, temporarily if nothing else.

So, there you have it: my fangirl squee over these two. Today's comic totally melted my heart. Once again, I apologize for being the left fielder here. A quick search for "KingXFox" on the site revealed that I don't seem to be the first to bring up KingXFox, but it certainly is something that people don't seem to speak of much, and people seem to take special steps to avoid having their posts being interpreted as pro-KingXFox. In any case, let moi know if I stepped across a line here and/or just made myself the most unpopular guy on the forums!
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Re: So, About King and Fox

Post by Foxstar »

It's not spoken of here for a reason. This ship has been sunk with nuclear tipped torpedoes and while I understand your new and may not understand that, i'll refresh people's memories.

It's a ship that's never going to happen, ever. Both characters are 100% heterosexual and they do not like each other in that way, nor will they, to say nothing of the fact that King is married to Baliey and quite happy with her.
DragoonDart

Post by DragoonDart »

Oh! I thought that worst-case scenario, people just didn't like to talk about it. I know it might be an over-the-edge kind of subject. I didn't know that the ship had been sunk though. I understand all of that, though. I know it'll never happen (As I said, neither in cannon nor in fanfic). But we can dream, right? Right?! Oh, no? Okay...

Long story short: message received!
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Keep in mind that this is a PG comic made by a Christian. So I doubt Rick ever intended it, or even tried teasing it. Fox and King are brothers, even before they became Brothers-in-law.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Foxstar wrote:It's not spoken of here for a reason. This ship has been sunk with nuclear tipped torpedoes and while I understand your new and may not understand that, i'll refresh people's memories.

It's a ship that's never going to happen, ever. Both characters are 100% heterosexual and they do not like each other in that way, nor will they, to say nothing of the fact that King is married to Baliey and quite happy with her.
So, yes, it was never intended.
Question answered.
Thread Closed.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

I saw this thread and thought I'd provide some clarification.
SuperStar wrote:Keep in mind that this is a PG comic made by a Christian. So I doubt Rick ever intended it, or even tried teasing it. Fox and King are brothers, even before they became Brothers-in-law.

Homosexual relationships are not inherently less "PG" than heterosexual ones, nor does being Christian prevent one from depicting (or, for some of us, engaging in) them. You'll find there are homosexual couples in the comic, including the kangaroos (who've been with us from the beginning) and the pair of K-9 officers canoodling at King and Bailey's wedding.

DragoonDart wrote:...KingXFox...

This used to be codified in the forum rules, but we don't really allow the use of mathematical symbols to denote romantic pairings, as they typically are used to emphasize sexual relationships. It doesn't take much more time to type "Fox and King" than "FoxXKing" (and I'm not really sure why the tendency is to place King first anyway).

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other