2014/05/21 - That One Scene

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
WhoElseButQuagmire

Re: 2014/05/21 - That One Scene

Post by WhoElseButQuagmire »

Shadowstar23 wrote:Nooooooooooo :cry: Since hes back to Joel, doesn't that mean that if any of the K-9 unit or Fox's dad find him, he'll be sent to jail.
Once Fox believes and understands Joel's story, I think Fox might be able to persuade the K-9s and his Dad to take pity on him. After all even at the time of arrest Fido was already softening a bit saying "Poor guy" after hearing about his past at that point.
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

valerio wrote:Joel temporarily back to human is a great occasion to settle the old rancors with Fox. End of Joel as character.
Would Rick dare to turn this tale's conclusion into Brother Bear?
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!
valerio

Post by valerio »

Silly Zealot wrote:
valerio wrote:Joel temporarily back to human is a great occasion to settle the old rancors with Fox. End of Joel as character.
Would Rick dare to turn this tale's conclusion into Brother Bear?
Ooohhhh, flashy special effects!
Acritic2

Post by Acritic2 »

valerio wrote:
Acritic2 wrote:That's it anyone wanna SMAW to pound Pete with?
BTW why does no one on here want one to hit Pete with? Is a rocket launcher just seem like overkill or something?
solution 1: "Ohh, Cerbyyy..?"
solution 2: Bailey discovers the truth and uses that sword to clip a certain pair of wings for a game of badminton
solution 3: Keene destroys the temple (which still is the storage of Pete's mana). Joel and Fox take sweet revenge in inflicting some punishment to powerless gryphon. EPIC!
solution 4: or, with so much rancor spread, get yourself in line, bud! (wait till sec.22 of the clip)
LET IT BE SOLUTION 2!!!!!!!!!!! But make sure to also give her an M2-2 to barbeque the rest of Pete
villa wrote:acritic2 i would like to 1 hit ex-plode pete "commence orbital strike"
You know Villa, most people would such that's over the top, but I say overkill is under rated. Tell you waht too, I'll soften him up for you. let me just find that one Rail canon I've got stashed somewhere.
WhoElseButQuagmire

Argent wrote:
WhoElseButQuagmire wrote: Just thought it would be an interesting twist if we found out someone else had been keeping a secret.

Joel: See, there's galactic nerds playing this game of D&D...
Fox: You mean U&U....
Yeh, but King tried to bring it up with Fox at the farm and Fox had no idea.
If you're referring to 'Dogs Who Stare at Water', All King mentioned was about which is better -being human or being a dog. He didn't mention the Game at all, and only started to describe Pete when Fox left.

I realize its a very very very long shot, but it just seems like it would be cool if this turned out to be the reason why Sasha seems to be a ditz sometimes, and other times, not so much.
YourRoyalCorginess

Post by YourRoyalCorginess »

Time come up with a plan for the destruction of Pete for this. Time to call in the experts Joey, Squeak, and friends, and Sabrina since I have a feeling Tarot has conveniently vanished like Bailey did and Sabrina is likely the only one that can contact the others. Then again they could just set up a lighting control board in Pete's temple and send Tiger in.

I just wonder if the connection and sore feelings between Dragon and Tarot has healed.

Though I have an odd feeling the cosmic nerds game will be brought to an end by their parents.

There is also the possibility of Bailey winning and the wish Pete will have to grant would either be Bailey wishing she were human or the Joel was once again King
FiliasG

Post by FiliasG »

WhoElseButQuagmire wrote:
Shadowstar23 wrote:Nooooooooooo :cry: Since hes back to Joel, doesn't that mean that if any of the K-9 unit or Fox's dad find him, he'll be sent to jail.
Once Fox believes and understands Joel's story, I think Fox might be able to persuade the K-9s and his Dad to take pity on him. After all even at the time of arrest Fido was already softening a bit saying "Poor guy" after hearing about his past at that point.
i dont think is so easy to esplain:" he is Joel but is also King turned by a somekind of god playing a cosmic-millenary GDR , the same that send Baley to the other side of the wordl for the next months or years, and we can demostrate nothing , we must trust the man that kidnaped me once and escape from prison.
Duster

Post by Duster »

Thought I might chime in.

I believe everyone has been waiting for this moment for quite some time. I was pretty excited when I got around to reading the strip, finally some closure! I thought Fox may have been just a little teensy bit violent. No doubt, a dog-napping or two will cause some bad memories. Suffice to say, Fox seemed to digest this new information well enough.
Poor king, or...Joel? I wonder how this new revelation will affect his relationship with the residents of Babylon gardens?
Extraordinary things happen to Extraordinary people!
also . . .
I'm the Best in the West!
WhoElseButQuagmire

FiliasG wrote:
i dont think is so easy to esplain:" he is Joel but is also King turned by a somekind of god playing a cosmic-millenary GDR , the same that send Baley to the other side of the wordl for the next months or years, and we can demostrate nothing , we must trust the man that kidnaped me once and escape from prison.
They are his best friends, I would hope they would give him the benefit of the doubt no mater how outragious the claim. Some of them witnessed Pete being freed from the temple. Fox could get Tarot and Sabrina to back him up. Besides, would they have any better reason why Fox is suddenly defending his ex-kidnapper?
Leomon2004

Post by Leomon2004 »

WhoElseButQuagmire wrote:Fox could get Tarot and Sabrina to back him up. Besides, would they have any better reason why Fox is suddenly defending his ex-kidnapper?
Not Tarot, because she's Dragon's avatar. Maybe Sabrina unless she's helping Tarot fight.
WhoElseButQuagmire

Leomon2004 wrote:
WhoElseButQuagmire wrote:Fox could get Tarot and Sabrina to back him up. Besides, would they have any better reason why Fox is suddenly defending his ex-kidnapper?
Not Tarot, because she's Dragon's avatar. Maybe Sabrina unless she's helping Tarot fight.
I thought Pete was just taking Bailey to practice, is the fight on already?

Also has it ever been specifically mentioned that the fight is to the death, or are we just assuming it is because of that picture of Beaky McButterpants crying over his ex-avitar's empty horse?
Silvermane

Post by Silvermane »

They are his best friends, I would hope they would give him the benefit of the doubt no mater how outragious the claim. Some of them witnessed Pete being freed from the temple. Fox could get Tarot and Sabrina to back him up. Besides, would they have any better reason why Fox is suddenly defending his ex-kidnapper?

Its not the Dogs he needs to worry about but the humans the dogs work with

Any of the K9's: You wanted to see me?

Any of the K9's: Oh so you know about that....

Any of the K9's: Yes I knew it was illegal to aid and abet a known criminal but if you let me explain...

Any of the K9's: You see Joel isn't just Joel he's King... a dog and also Joel. From what he told me this big blue gryphon guy named Pete....

Any of the K9's: Yes Sir I just said gryphon...

Any of the K9's: How many of us were taken in by this... Would you believe me if I just said myself.... I thought not.

Any of the K9's: W-Wait! You can't put us all on suspension! Yes I realize if I was human I'd be sent to jail but that's besides the point.

Any of the K9's: Where is Joel now... *sigh* Yes sir I remember what my first duty is...

After which We know how the Miltons would respond...
Last edited by Silvermane on Wed May 21, 2014 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shadowstar23

Post by Shadowstar23 »

I appear to have missed something. Everyone keeps referring to Pete crying over his last avatar. I don't think I've seen that anywhere.
Please give me a hint of where that's at. :?

Well, at least Fox has forgiven Joel.(sort of) :|
There is always a mystical adventure awaiting you. You just have to find it and take the first step into epicness.
Prof

Post by Prof »

Well, I kind of expected King turned back into his former self (along with practically everyone else here *cough*). But I'm really lost for word now. I think I need a moment...
ConvoyWolf wrote: Hes such a wonderful husky isnt He? I totally want to hold him in my arms right now.
I think everyone wants someone like Fox as a friend.
Drop in and stroll around: My gallery

Silvermane

Post by Silvermane »

Prof wrote:I think everyone wants someone like Fox as a friend.
Preferably with less punching
Shadowstar23

Post by Shadowstar23 »

Everyone would be happier if they got a tear-strickened hug from Fox. I know I need one. :(
There is always a mystical adventure awaiting you. You just have to find it and take the first step into epicness.
WhoElseButQuagmire

Shadowstar23 wrote: I appear to have missed something. Everyone keeps referring to Pete crying over his last avatar. I don't think I've seen that anywhere.
Please give me a hint of where that's at. :?
Right here http://www.housepetscomic.com/2012/05/2 ... -lifetime/
FiliasG

Post by FiliasG »

I Trust Fox,Wolfs and most of the friends , the problem is if this get to the autorithies, there is no way they will belive this(but can be fun how they react to the news personally i will see Sasha reaction) there are many possible outcomes dragon can even make an illusion for joel or the miltons can buy an army of lawyers.i cant wait for next strip
Leomon2004

Post by Leomon2004 »

WhoElseButQuagmire wrote:I thought Pete was just taking Bailey to practice, is the fight on already?
Well in the last panel here Pete says "Since the duel's started"
http://www.housepetscomic.com/2014/05/16/parting-blows/
Silvermane

Post by Silvermane »

FiliasG wrote:
I Trust Fox,Wolfs and most of the friends , the problem is if this get to the authorities, there is no way they will belive this(but can be fun how they react to the news personally i will see Sasha reaction) there are many possible outcomes dragon can even make an illusion for joel or the miltons can buy an army of lawyers.i cant wait for next strip
Personally I think the less people who know, the better. Joel took a chance with Fox because he knows him, trusts him, and loves him as a friend. It paid off it seems but that might not always be the case, the more people he tells the greater risk he'll be in of being exposed. Sure Fido maybe trustworthy, but it'd still be a huge risk for Joel to not only appear before him but try and convince him he's King. Why? Because Fido's brother Bino has an extreme case of inferiority complex,and enough of a jerk that I could see him ratting Fido out if he caught wind of it to elevate himself up even higher. That goes for many of the dogs which interact with Bino regularly, which is pretty much all of them since Fido was forced to step down as community leader.

Joel's best bet is to stick to those he can be certain know of the game, though Tarot and Sabrina may not be an option now that the duels on since one is a follower of and the other is avatar to the Dragon. It'd basically be like giving your enemy fighting advice while you are fighting them, it doesn't benefit Dragon to bring King back into play because as a third party hes unpredictable and it may backfire. Doesn't mean they can't point King in the right direction though for basic help, ie to Keene who is a follower of Pete
Last edited by Silvermane on Wed May 21, 2014 7:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
FiliasG

Post by FiliasG »

Personally I think the less people who know, the better. Joel took a chance with Fox because he knows him, trusts him, and loves him as a friend. It paid off it seems but that might not always be the case, the more people he tells the greater risk he'll be in of being exposed. Sure Fido maybe trustworthy, but it'd still be a huge risk for Joel to not only appear before him but try and convince him he's King. Why? Because Fido's brother Bino has an extreme case of inferiority complex,and enough of a jerk that I could see him ratting Fido out if he caught wind of it to elevate himself up even higher. That goes for many of the dogs which interact with Bino regularly, which is pretty much all of them since Fido was forced to step down as community leader.
but soon or later they must esplain where are King and Baley for the last months or years.
Gamewolf67

Post by Gamewolf67 »

I just posted this in TV Tropes's Housepets! Crowning Moment of Awesome page.
#TVTropes
Feel my icy wrath!
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

WhoElseButQuagmire wrote:Just a side note....was it ever explained what Pete meant way back in the 'Wonderful Dog's Life' about Sasha being protected? Is this a red herring or a 'drowning in three years' type long range clue that she might be a part of this all?

Sasha is the Great Kitsune's avatar.
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

Krystedez wrote:Wow..

I made an account just to comment on this strip. I'm elated and excited from this turn out so far. I can't wait until the next one.

Anyways, regarding the changes. . . Will Baily fulfill that promise of faithfully staying with King? Will she always love him?

My question is then answered with more, and one in particular is bothering me . . .

Is there a possibility that Bailey could turn human and stay with Joel? Or is this too farfetched? I like all of the possibilities. Human relationship would be sensible, and open up more possiblities (but no stubby legged husky puppies T_T), 2 dogs would be argueably the cutest (YAY PUPPIES).
The thought had occurred to me. But that would upset a lot of fans looking forward to stubby-legged husky puppies.
Discostew

Post by Discostew »

Kitch wrote:
Krystedez wrote:Wow..

I made an account just to comment on this strip. I'm elated and excited from this turn out so far. I can't wait until the next one.

Anyways, regarding the changes. . . Will Baily fulfill that promise of faithfully staying with King? Will she always love him?

My question is then answered with more, and one in particular is bothering me . . .

Is there a possibility that Bailey could turn human and stay with Joel? Or is this too farfetched? I like all of the possibilities. Human relationship would be sensible, and open up more possiblities (but no stubby legged husky puppies T_T), 2 dogs would be argueably the cutest (YAY PUPPIES).
The thought had occurred to me. But that would upset a lot of fans looking forward to stubby-legged husky puppies.
With one of them being the mortal reincarnation of Pete for being the loser of the duel. He better lose (of course with Bailey being safe and King back to being a Corgi).
ConvoyWolf

Post by ConvoyWolf »

The way i think it should happen is this. Pete loses. And what should happen is Joels should be remanifested into Kings body while Pete is put into Joel's human body as punishment, when hauled off to jail for being a badd gryphon. Hehehehehe
Silvermane

Post by Silvermane »

ConvoyWolf wrote:The way i think it should happen is this. Pete loses. And what should happen is Joels should be remanifested into Kings body while Pete is put into Joel's human body as punishment, when hauled off to jail for being a badd gryphon. Hehehehehe
But that might just make him even more spiteful. The reason I posited Pete possibly being reincarnated as one of Bailey and King's pups wasn't because it'd be poetic justice, but more that Bailey and King have demonstrated a capacity to love unconditionally and would be good role models to him. Bailey most recently when she found out the truth about King, it didn't even matter to her... other then being awkward to hear at first. Pete may have put King through hell, who knows what he'll put Bailey through, but if he came back as one of their pups and they later found out who he was I think they'd show him the same unconditional love they showed each other because as awkward as it'd be; Pete would still be their child. Furthermore, as Joel, King knows what it was like to believe oneself to be in the right when really they're in the wrong, and what its like to be wronged knowing the ones wronging him didn't care how he felt. That probably instilled him with some wisdom he could tutor Pete in, so when he gets his cosmic powers back he'll be less of a jerk. As for Bailey, she shown herself to be compassionate, understanding, stern and selfless. All excellent traits to teach a fledgling (npi) Pete. Basically what I'm getting at is if Pete loses and gets changed into a mortal, I think it'd be a wasted opportunity if its solely about punishment. Besides as a demi-god, the pure punishment would be pointless as once he got his powers back he could snap his fingers and forget the whole experience.
ConvoyWolf

Post by ConvoyWolf »

Silvermane wrote:
ConvoyWolf wrote:The way i think it should happen is this. Pete loses. And what should happen is Joels should be remanifested into Kings body while Pete is put into Joel's human body as punishment, when hauled off to jail for being a badd gryphon. Hehehehehe
But that might just make him even more spiteful. The reason I posited Pete possibly being reincarnated as one of Bailey and King's pups wasn't because it'd be poetic justice, but more that Bailey and King have demonstrated a capacity to love unconditionally and would be good role models to him. Bailey most recently when she found out the truth about King, it didn't even matter to her... other then being awkward to hear at first. Pete may have put King through hell, who knows what he'll put Bailey through, but if he came back as one of their pups and they later found out who he was I think they'd show him the same unconditional love they showed each other because as awkward as it'd be; Pete would still be their child. Furthermore, as Joel, King knows what it was like to believe oneself to be in the right when really they're in the wrong, and what its like to be wronged knowing the ones wronging him didn't care how he felt. That probably instilled him with some wisdom he could tutor Pete in, so when he gets his cosmic powers back he'll be less of a jerk. As for Bailey, she shown herself to be compassionate, understanding, stern and selfless. All excellent traits to teach a fledgling (npi) Pete. Basically what I'm getting at is if Pete loses and gets changed into a mortal, I think it'd be a wasted opportunity if its solely about punishment. Besides as a demi-god, the pure punishment would be pointless as once he got his powers back he could snap his fingers and forget the whole experience.
Point taken.
deepskycyan

Post by deepskycyan »

Xane wrote:Hey at least it's been long enough for him to calm down enough to not grab him by the throat and throttle him.
I always read that as "grab him by the throat and throw him..."

...Which he kinda did.

Nice to know that he's true to his word :D
"Reality continues to ruin my life." -B. Watterson
jrh150482

Post by jrh150482 »

Wow, five pages. It looks like this thread might have set a new record among the comic discussion threads on these forums.
*in Christopher Walken style*

I have a fever... and the only prescription... is more Kingley!
Discostew

Post by Discostew »

jrh150482 wrote:Wow, five pages. It looks like this thread might have set a new record among the comic discussion threads on these forums.
I've noticed as this arc went on that each sequential thread ended up increasing in post count. A lot of it is speculation.

(Note: I'm speculating on this.) :P
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

jrh150482 wrote:Wow, five pages. It looks like this thread might have set a new record among the comic discussion threads on these forums.
Check some of the old ones, this is nothing. Sure the others had multiple arcs and strips in them but I'm sure that Imaginate, Too! (especially the Kiss) or Dog Days of Summer went well over five pages for a single strip alone.
WhoElseButQuagmire

IceKitsune wrote:
Check some of the old ones, this is nothing. Sure the others had multiple arcs and strips in them but I'm sure that Imaginate, Too! (especially the Kiss) or Dog Days of Summer went well over five pages for a single strip alone.
I noticed on Tuesday Night/Weds Morning after the comic was posted, there were at times 25 - 30 guests reading the forums.
ryth

Post by ryth »

I DONT KNOW HOW TO FORMERLY ADRESS THIS
do... Do we call him Joel because he's a human again or king because he is used to it?
Maybe we could call him koel... or jing. Nah jing sounds weird.
shh. Do you hear that? That's the sound of forgiveness.
thats the sound of people drowning Carl.
exactly. Screaming and then silence
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

ryth wrote:I DONT KNOW HOW TO FORMERLY ADRESS THIS
do... Do we call him Joel because he's a human again or king because he is used to it?
Jo-King
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Jo-king.

I see what you did there.
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

I vote for Jing or Koel. :lol:
The nine-tailed Kitsune of England.
I am Kyuunado Fureatsurī!
Want to talk? PM me or message at [email protected] and add me on Google+
valerio

Post by valerio »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
Jo-King
Annnd the gentleman wins an internet! :mrgreen:
And cookies!
WhoElseButQuagmire

valerio wrote:
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
Jo-King
Annnd the gentleman wins an internet! :mrgreen:
And cookies!
And a limited edition Housepets! (TM) Bailey (Tm) Powersuit action figure with real Kungfu grip and real Wing chopping (TM) action (Powerjerk Pete (TM) action figure sold sepreately) numbered and signed by Rick Griffin.
colliefan

Post by colliefan »

A great strip, although I did see that coming.
There was no way Pete would be kind enough to leave King as a dog once he no longer needed him.

I can see two possible outcomes, Bailey is changed into a human so her and Joel can be happy together, or Joel is changed back into King.
Colliefan, the name says it all.
Formerly SP.