2014/05/23 - Separation Anxiety

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Cesco

Re: 2014/05/23 - Separation Anxiety

Post by Cesco »

Alright, Tarot knows already everything and it's obvious why, but it's not clear the reason of why they're asking to talk to Sabrina, which knows the King's facts too, though... Poor Fido, crying for his girlfriend leaving (or maybe he just watched that movie a while ago?). :| Don't worry, it's not forever, also if now everyone know about your relation. :P ;) Yeah Fido, better don't read the letter, you wouldn't scare again with that ghost like the first time. :P It's also better if you don't see who's that human... ;)
Why Tarot should have left Peanut? In the latest times there was some tension between them, but the relation got stable and they played together... In fact it's so, Peanut is still himself eating pop corns with her (probably she makes them). ;) Let's see what Tarot has to give them.
max7345
Location: Yuma, AZ (Also known as drought-city and oven-town during the Summer)

Post by max7345 »

DragoonDart wrote:What's up with Fido? I can't tell if he has tears or sweat on his face. So, is he crying (in public) over Sabrina (which makes sense given the title of the strip and the link to the thread), or was he working out or something (which makes sense because he had a towel and who the heck cries in public)?
Well, given that his eyes aren't watering and the common knowledge that dogs don't have sweat glands (not sure if that applies to this comic, but until someone shows me otherwise I'll just assume that it does), I'd have to say that neither is the case. My guess would be that he just got out of a pool or something.
Prof

Post by Prof »

Awww Fido looks like he needs a hug :(
Drop in and stroll around: My gallery

Discostew

Post by Discostew »

It's a good think Joel isn't wearing a white-hooded sweater, because that would be suspicious. It's one thing to use your wife's handkerchief, but another to wear your wife's clothing. :P
Prof

Post by Prof »

Discostew wrote:It's a good think Joel isn't wearing a white-hooded sweater, because that would be suspicious. It's one thing to use your wife's handkerchief, but another to wear your wife's clothing. :P
Dunno, he wouldn't be the first *hides* :D
Drop in and stroll around: My gallery

Leomon2004

Post by Leomon2004 »

Xane wrote:I think King picked Sabrina first because she's shown a little more sympathy for him than Tarot has. Sabrina helped him get his watch back and even threatened Fido into helping him (though I don't think King knows that). Tarot's just been standoffish and unhelpful.
Tarot is the Dragon's avatar, and Pete wanted Joel/King as his avatar. So naturally Tarot would be standoffish to Joel/King. That's my opinion anyway.
wolf long fellow

Post by wolf long fellow »

WhoElseButQuagmire wrote:
Discostew wrote:
About the thing. Is it meant to help Joel? If so, then that would make my assumption of Joel not being "in the game" anymore possible, since Tarot/Dragon couldn't help him before.
I'm thinking its a transportation device.

Joel: We need to find out where the duel is taking place, and a way to get there.
Fox: Great. I can't get you across town, how do we get half way across the world?!?
( Peanut fumbles with the device, activating it. The three of them and a napping Grape suddenly appear infront of a sign DUEL TODAY! 7000 years in the making! Pete bobble heads for the first 1,000 arriving!)
Joel: Well, that was easier than expected.
Device: Thank you for using Dragon Astral Travel Service.

Alt Text: This better be a dream I'm having Peanut!

Rick make this a reality :lol:
I can't beleive it's not baccon >(
Discostew

Post by Discostew »

Prof wrote:
Discostew wrote:It's a good think Joel isn't wearing a white-hooded sweater, because that would be suspicious. It's one thing to use your wife's handkerchief, but another to wear your wife's clothing. :P
Dunno, he wouldn't be the first *hides* :D
Well, now I feel silly. That's what I get for not having a wife. I guess being outside in public in your wife's clothes would be more of what I should have leaned towards, or maybe I'm just a fail human.
Iceheart

Post by Iceheart »

If Sabrina went to help Tarot fight, then maybe Keene disappeared as well to back up Bailey
ConvoyWolf

Post by ConvoyWolf »

Almost 3 hours and no post update? For shaaaaaame!

Anyways it seems like the cosmic game is gonna be affect more and more people. And i still gotta feel for King, having to disguise himself around his froends cuz hes a human again.
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

diss wrote:[ Separation Anxiety ]

Title Text: sluuuurp

Fido is totally heartbroken. :(
Fido is heartbroken?!
Look at Peanut, LOOK AT HIM!!!
ImageImageImageImage
Discostew

Post by Discostew »

ConvoyWolf wrote:Almost 3 hours and no post update? For shaaaaaame!
Well, this strip isn't nearly as dramatic as what we've had, and a lot of the discussion and speculation comes from that.

Anyways, I wonder if Tarot told Peanut that Joel is King. Peanut has seen plenty of cosmic stuff in this comic, and he seems to not have a problem with some disguised human walking up to his house with Fox as he's offering him snacks. Then again, Peanut is a friendly character in general and Tarot probably just told Peanut to accommodate Fox and "the human".
ConvoyWolf

Post by ConvoyWolf »

Discostew wrote:
ConvoyWolf wrote:Almost 3 hours and no post update? For shaaaaaame!
Well, this strip isn't nearly as dramatic as what we've had, and a lot of the discussion and speculation comes from that.

Anyways, I wonder if Tarot told Peanut that Joel is King. Peanut has seen plenty of cosmic stuff in this comic, and he seems to not have a problem with some disguised human walking up to his house with Fox as he's offering him snacks. Then again, Peanut is a friendly character in general and Tarot probably just told Peanut to accommodate Fox and "the human".
Kind of par for the course with all the crazy stuff that happens in Babylon Gardens. Hehehehehe
Sakkano

Post by Sakkano »

I guess I was oblivious. I thought Fido was finishing up a shower?
"You guys like to play cornhole?"
Discostew

Post by Discostew »

Ok, I tried to contain myself after I looked at the strip again, but with Joel disguised like that from head to toe, he looks like some bug-eyed alien.
WhoElseButQuagmire

Post by WhoElseButQuagmire »

wolf long fellow wrote:
Discostew wrote:
About the thing. Is it meant to help Joel? If so, then that would make my assumption of Joel not being "in the game" anymore possible, since Tarot/Dragon couldn't help him before.
I'm thinking its a transportation device.

Joel: We need to find out where the duel is taking place, and a way to get there.
Fox: Great. I can't get you across town, how do we get half way across the world?!?
( Peanut fumbles with the device, activating it. The three of them and a napping Grape suddenly appear infront of a sign DUEL TODAY! 7000 years in the making! Pete bobble heads for the first 1,000 arriving!)
Joel: Well, that was easier than expected.
Device: Thank you for using Dragon Astral Travel Service.

Alt Text: This better be a dream I'm having Peanut!

Rick make this a reality :lol:
Heh, that would be cool, except I know Rick does the comics weeks in advance, and he is reportedly not reading the forums during this arc. Still it would be an honor if he did :)
KingForevermore
Location: In the north eastern part of the second largest state in the US

Post by KingForevermore »

Has anyone read the Facebook page? It says...
Housepets Facebook wrote:Celebrating a little early, are we Peanut
I nearly died when I read that! :lol:
The logic!?!? Where has it gone?
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Surely she knew he would react like that? :P
The nine-tailed Kitsune of England.
I am Kyuunado Fureatsurī!
Want to talk? PM me or message at [email protected] and add me on Google+
Argent

Post by Argent »

Cesco wrote:Alright, Tarot knows already everything and it's obvious why, but it's not clear the reason of why they're asking to talk to Sabrina, which knows the King's facts too, though...
Sabrina has been more sympathetic towards him. Tarot's a bit stuck up and callous.
max7345 wrote:Well, given that his eyes aren't watering and the common knowledge that dogs don't have sweat glands (not sure if that applies to this comic, but until someone shows me otherwise I'll just assume that it does), I'd have to say that neither is the case. My guess would be that he just got out of a pool or something.
There's one strip that shows King and Fox panting frantically to cool down, so I think that's a trait of Housepets! canines as well.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Discostew

Post by Discostew »

I believe Fido is crying, or was, as it looks similar to when Bailey had cried.
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Fido was obviously crying for Sabrina's leaving, as he says. What can be this important thing she has to do?
Argent wrote:
Cesco wrote:Alright, Tarot knows already everything and it's obvious why, but it's not clear the reason of why they're asking to talk to Sabrina, which knows the King's facts too, though...
Sabrina has been more sympathetic towards him. Tarot's a bit stuck up and callous.
Yeah, I'd now noticed this looking at the strips. Sabrina cared to help King informing him with the bad news (his frustrated reply wasn't nice at all against her). Didn't go well for Tarot/Dragon in the only time she did it. :P Well, Tarot hasn't all the fault, he's (now was) her opponent in the game...
Discostew wrote:Ok, I tried to contain myself after I looked at the strip again, but with Joel disguised like that from head to toe, he looks like some bug-eyed alien.
Joel's disguise is ok, after all, doesn't matter how he may look. ;) He's surely being wanted for escaping, just after he was put in jail.
WhoElseButQuagmire

Cesco wrote:Fido was obviously crying for Sabrina's leaving, as he says. What can be this important thing she has to do?
Maybe he's wondering if there's another Jata in her past he doesn't know about.....
Discostew

Post by Discostew »

Cesco wrote:Fido was obviously crying for Sabrina's leaving, as he says. What can be this important thing she has to do?
Argent wrote:
Yeah, I'd now noticed this looking at the strips. Sabrina cared to help King informing him with the bad news (his frustrated reply wasn't nice at all against her). Didn't go well for Tarot/Dragon in the only time she did it. :P Well, Tarot hasn't all the fault, he's (now was) her opponent in the game...
Discostew wrote:Ok, I tried to contain myself after I looked at the strip again, but with Joel disguised like that from head to toe, he looks like some bug-eyed alien.
Joel's disguise is ok, after all, doesn't matter how he may look. ;) He's surely being wanted for escaping, just after he was put in jail.
I know, but the glasses just make it look like that. Completely black, unlike Fido's glasses which have a separate outlining.
Tooths

Post by Tooths »

The reason there weren't any talking what-so-ever between Joel and Fox about what's happened and stuff, might just be because then Rick would have to tell us about their plan, which we still don't know what is. So probably (and hopefully) we'll see more explanations and such later on? :D
Nothing fixes a thing so intensely to the memory as the wish to forget it.
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

Joel wrote:It's worse than I feared!
What did you fear?
WhoElseButQuagmire

Saturn381 wrote:
Joel wrote:It's worse than I feared!
What did you fear?
Peanut's level of not-being-fazed-by-stuff-that-happens-around-him-ness. That's a thing, isn't it?
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Sabrina wrote:Everything is a thing.
Discostew

Post by Discostew »

Argh! One more day before we find out what happens next.
ConvoyWolf

Post by ConvoyWolf »

I gotta say i still feel bad for Joel right now. I mean hes become so accepting of his new dog life, not to mention made some good friends as a dog and even found a soulmate. Now all that has been predominately taken away from him and he now has to hide himself from his own friends because he looks like a wanted dognapper who jumped trial. Plus theres the worry about whats happened to Bailey tearing him up inside not to mention the guilt he must be feeling for getting Bailey involved not knowing getting her was possibly Petes plan all along.

This is one of the reasons why i made that comment on the last thread about why i didnt agree with the idea of Joel staying human and Bailey becoming human to be with him. The way hes feeling right is only going to ferment within him as long as hes human. Plus dont forget his human life was never really that great what with being kidnapped by his own pets then being mistreated by them resulting in his attitude towards animals as an adult and resulted in him getting thrown in jail. Believe me i dont believe he has any intentions of being human again even if Fido could clear things up and get him off the hook. Plus these feelings would only get worse if Bailey had to become human because that would just add to his guilt even more as he would feel at fault for her having to give up her dog life.

Believe me if i were in his shoes having experienced what happiness he had as an anthropomorphic dog, i would want to trade flesh for fur anyday. I guess that makes Joel a furry's furry!
WhoElseButQuagmire

Wonder if Joel would still have a human's lifespan as a dog. It would be just like Pete to turn Joel back into King and say ..."By the way...You're 28 now....given that dogs (in this reality) have a 30 year life span.... I wouldn't make too many long range plans if I were you.....
Leomon2004

Post by Leomon2004 »

WhoElseButQuagmire wrote:Wonder if Joel would still have a human's lifespan as a dog. It would be just like Pete to turn Joel back into King and say ..."By the way...You're 28 now....given that dogs (in this reality) have a 30 year life span.... I wouldn't make too many long range plans if I were you.....
It would be really jerky of Pete if he made Joel/King keep his human lifespan so that he'd outlive Bailey.
WhoElseButQuagmire

Leomon2004 wrote:
WhoElseButQuagmire wrote:Wonder if Joel would still have a human's lifespan as a dog. It would be just like Pete to turn Joel back into King and say ..."By the way...You're 28 now....given that dogs (in this reality) have a 30 year life span.... I wouldn't make too many long range plans if I were you.....
It would be really jerky of Pete if he made Joel/King keep his human lifespan so that he'd outlive Bailey.
That's true too, I didn't think of it that way.
ConvoyWolf

Post by ConvoyWolf »

Yeah that really would be jerky!
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

One thing I like about shades is how the light on them sometimes reflects the owner's expression. That is a common thing going on these days on comics i read and i personally find them amusing.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
ConvoyWolf

Post by ConvoyWolf »

GameCobra wrote:One thing I like about shades is how the light on them sometimes reflects the owner's expression. That is a common thing going on these days on comics i read and i personally find them amusing.
It works really well indeed. Usually shades ten to maksk emotions but for Joel it works here.
YourRoyalCorginess

Post by YourRoyalCorginess »

So anxiously awaiting tomorrow's comic, I'm still desperately hoping Joel becomes King again by the end of the arc.
Discostew

Post by Discostew »

Here's my random take of the next strip (assuming Joel told Fox everything, including what happened to Bailey).

---

Joel, Fox, and Peanut are sitting on the couch.
Fox: "Peanut, you sure you're ok with Tarot being possibly gone for a long time?"
Peanut: "Long time? She said she'd be gone only for a couple of days fighting for some demigods."
Joel: "Just days? Well, I guess it won't be so bad after all."
Peanut: "I know. I can't wait till she stuffs her opponent into the grave."
Joel & Fox both become motionless and wide-eyed: "Into....the...grave?"
Joel runs around in a panic, Fox stays motionless, and Peanut holds the bowel over to Fox. "Popcorn?"

---

Into the grave, figuratively speaking.
WhoElseButQuagmire

Xane wrote:Actually, what I refuse to suspend my disbelief about is that Fido wouldn't recognize Joel's scent! :roll:
Simple! Joel's scent changed when Rick changed art styles. That's just how good an artist he is :)
Discostew

Post by Discostew »

Xane wrote:Actually, what I refuse to suspend my disbelief about is that Fido wouldn't recognize Joel's scent! :roll:
Simple! Joel's scent changed when Rick changed art styles. That's just how good an artist he is :)
lol.
ConvoyWolf

Post by ConvoyWolf »

Just a lil over an hour. At least for me.