2014/05/26 - Don't Touch

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Acritic2

Re: 2014/05/26 - Don't Touch

Post by Acritic2 »

Saturn381 wrote:Cerberus has the cutest expressions!
I agree, I just wish the middle head would lighten up.
deepskycyan

Post by deepskycyan »

Argent wrote:
Acritic2 wrote:BTW what is with these cosmic teens and scaring people klike that? granted they do it fantasically and humorusly, but why?
Like a little kid running through a flock of pigeons to see them fly.
I still do this when no one is around.

Whats this? A shiny, glowing, magical artifact that summons otherworldly creatures when touched? Sounds like a genie lamp to me. Only that it summons a big genie. Well, not a genie, but a heavenly being. Who is also rather cute.

I've also noticed that the three heads now have their individual colours (shades of blue?) for their respective speech bubbles! I think it's a nice touch, we can now differentiate between their speeches and better understand their character and personalities. I guess the dark blue one is the all serious and judging one, whereas the light blue one is the sympathetic/playful/mirthful one?
Gren wrote:Is it just me or Peanut looks younger? And what is the black thing over Fox's head? At first I thought it was an exclamation but then I noticed the thing has not the point and is still there in fourth panel..
Hmm...yeah you're right, Peanut does look slightly younger. It's probably to do with his slightly rounder face, but that's probably just perspective.
As for the Fox thing, it's a chunk of his blown mind. Exploding out of his skull. Witnessing magic for the first time really takes a toll on you, ya know!
"Reality continues to ruin my life." -B. Watterson
Discostew

Post by Discostew »

It's only because she gets 3 chances per panel she's in. She's cheating! :P
WhoElseButQuagmire

Post by WhoElseButQuagmire »

Acritic2 wrote:
I agree, I just wish the middle head would lighten up.
Well, you know how hard it is to be the middle child...just look at Bino.
Leomon2004

Post by Leomon2004 »

WhoElseButQuagmire wrote:Well, you know how hard it is to be the middle child...just look at Bino.
So that's why Bino is such a jerk. :lol:
Cormac

Post by Cormac »

Peanut doesn't question anything, does he.
Prof

Post by Prof »

Cormac wrote:Peanut doesn't question anything, does he.
Well, he once statet that It's just silly :roll:
Besides, aside from Tarot and Sabrina he might be the most experienced inhabitant of Babylon Gardens concerning celestial beings.
Drop in and stroll around: My gallery

Leomon2004

Post by Leomon2004 »

Prof wrote:
Cormac wrote:Peanut doesn't question anything, does he.
Well, he once stated that It's just silly :roll:
Besides, aside from Tarot and Sabrina he might be the most experienced inhabitant of Babylon Gardens concerning celestial beings.
Of course he is, cause Tarot (who's Dragon's avatar) is his girlfriend. The only thing that fazes Peanut is losing The Game.
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

You don't really care of what Tarot said, right, Peanut? You neither wonder... You've been so clear. :P So that's why Fido didn't recognize who's he, but, maybe he had to recognize King's smell on him... Curious magical object, was it inside that tree trunk hole? Seems so. But, is from that object where Cerberus came out? Touching it, seems so... :? Not a nice joke, for a moment you seemed to be Pete... ;) Now, give the clock and your trust to her, Joel. You still have the first one, is it so?
Funny pose for Joel and great expression for Fox. :D

Yeah, there's a tag error, King instead of Fox.
Xane wrote:
Vyath wrote:did we know Joel's last name before this?
Full name Joel Zecheriah Robinson (AKA Mr. Grumpy Pants).
It's also in King character sheet.
Frank wrote:Peanut is using his mail bag thing!
About time! He's a postmen fan. :P
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Leomon2004 wrote:
WhoElseButQuagmire wrote:Well, you know how hard it is to be the middle child...just look at Bino.
So that's why Bino is such a jerk. :lol:
We will see if this also explains Pete at some point. :lol:
Awwww, no good close ups on Peanuts bag, I missed the previous art of it.
The nine-tailed Kitsune of England.
I am Kyuunado Fureatsurī!
Want to talk? PM me or message at [email protected] and add me on Google+
Felixthestoat

Post by Felixthestoat »

Joel's 'surprise stance' reminds me very much of Naruto and other animes XD
HundKatzeMaus

Post by HundKatzeMaus »

Cerberus has an awesome sense for humor :lol:
Silvermane

Post by Silvermane »

I sure hope Joel becoming King again isn't as simple as telling Cerberus that is what he wants to be... I want him to be King don't get me wrong, but being turned back already after only a few strips is rather fast.
Leomon2004

Post by Leomon2004 »

Silvermane wrote:I sure hope Joel becoming King again isn't as simple as telling Cerberus that is what he wants to be... I want him to be King don't get me wrong, but being turned back already after only a few strips is rather fast.
My guess is Joel becoming King again will be finalized once one of the Cosmic Nerds loses. Or he'll become King again and join Bailey in battle.
Acritic2

Post by Acritic2 »

Leomon2004 wrote:
Silvermane wrote:I sure hope Joel becoming King again isn't as simple as telling Cerberus that is what he wants to be... I want him to be King don't get me wrong, but being turned back already after only a few strips is rather fast.
My guess is Joel becoming King again will be finalized once one of the Cosmic Nerds loses. Or he'll become King again and join Bailey in battle.
That I want to see, mainly because of this reasoning.
King was Joel, Joel was a human, most humans know how to use guns, and... do I really need to go further?
WhoElseButQuagmire

True, it would be terribly anticlamantic to happen this early, but it would be cool to have Fox be told to wake up.... And upon waking be greeted by a grinning King saying "Or was it?" :)
Leomon2004

Post by Leomon2004 »

Acritic2 wrote:
Leomon2004 wrote:
That I want to see, mainly because of this reasoning.
King was Joel, Joel was a human, most humans know how to use guns, and... do I really need to go further?
Well in the Housepets universe the pets would know how to use guns. *Points at police dogs*
On the other hand (or other paw depending on how you look at it :lol: ) pets wouldn't be allowed to use guns. *Points at police dogs again*
Discostew

Post by Discostew »

Same here. We assume that Joel gets to choose, but what if that's not really the case? What if there's a catch? A test to prove he wants to change? Or Both? Whatever the case may be, let's hope it spans a decent number of strips to be meaningful. Not too long, not too short.
ConvoyWolf

Post by ConvoyWolf »

Discostew wrote:
Same here. We assume that Joel gets to choose, but what if that's not really the case? What if there's a catch? A test to prove he wants to change? Or Both? Whatever the case may be, let's hope it spans a decent number of strips to be meaningful. Not too long, not too short.
I just hope it happens period. This wolf wants a happy endin.
Leomon2004

Post by Leomon2004 »

ConvoyWolf wrote:I just hope it happens period. This wolf wants a happy endin.
Speaking of wolves, I can see Miles helping King and Bailey raise their puppies.
ConvoyWolf

Post by ConvoyWolf »

Leomon2004 wrote:
Speaking of wolves, I can see Miles helping King and Bailey raise their puppies.
Awww cute pups playin with cute wuff pups!
Discostew

Post by Discostew »

Leomon2004 wrote:
He'll be the dogfather. :P
Leomon2004

Post by Leomon2004 »

Discostew wrote:He'll be the dogfather. :P
That was not punny. :(
WhoElseButQuagmire

Leomon2004 wrote:
Awww... But he can play the Dogfather part too!
ConvoyWolf

Post by ConvoyWolf »

WhoElseButQuagmire wrote:
Leomon2004 wrote:
Awww... But he can play the Dogfather part too!
*clapclapclapclapclap*
Silvermane

Post by Silvermane »

Discostew wrote:
Well with all the "All dogs go to heaven" references, lets hope the catch isn't something like he can be King by resetting the watch/timer on the watch but with consequences when the timer runs out again/watch dies (That didn't work out so good for Charlie, for King though it'd probably be more along the lines of having his line of fate as a dog severed making him human permanently that time)
Leomon2004 wrote:Speaking of wolves, I can see Miles helping King and Bailey raise their puppies.
Lets just hope her owner doesn't get any bright idea's about taking said puppies. Bailey is scary enough, but we've seen what happens when you incite the anger of Mile's pack.

Mod Edit: Remember to use the edit button if your post is the latest to avoid double posting.
Leomon2004

Post by Leomon2004 »

Silvermane wrote:Lets just hope her owner doesn't get any bright idea's about taking said puppies. Bailey is scary enough, but we've seen what happens when you incite the anger of Mile's pack.
He kind of already thought about it.
Zerky

Post by Zerky »

I can only imagine how confusing this must be for first time readers.
[Insert sig here]
ConvoyWolf

Post by ConvoyWolf »

Zerky wrote:I can only imagine how confusing this must be for first time readers.
Believe me its brain wracking and ive read cover to cover.
Leomon2004

Post by Leomon2004 »

Zerky wrote:I can only imagine how confusing this must be for first time readers.
I know, it's like a Soap Opera. Except with cute furry animals. To quote the first 5 words Peanut says in the last panel here "I must know what happens."
ConvoyWolf

Post by ConvoyWolf »

Leomon2004 wrote:
I know, it's like a Soap Opera. Except with cute furry animals. To quote the first 5 words Peanut says in the last panel here "I must know what happens."
Your description makes alot of sense!
Leomon2004

Post by Leomon2004 »

ConvoyWolf wrote:
Leomon2004 wrote:
Your description makes alot of sense!
I normally can't stand Soap Operas, but I really like this one.
Discostew

Post by Discostew »

When I told my online friends about this comic, I gave them specific instructions not to go to the main page, but begin with the About page and then start from the very first arc, to which I presented them with links.
ConvoyWolf

Post by ConvoyWolf »

Leomon2004 wrote:
I normally can't stand Soap Operas, but I really like this one.
Well thats cause this one is shweet and funneh....and there cute fuzzy animals walking upright!
Last edited by ConvoyWolf on Tue May 27, 2014 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Discostew

Post by Discostew »

Leomon2004 wrote: I normally can't stand Soap Operas, but I really like this one.
It's because the main component isn't a soap opera. It's comedy. Most soap operas don't include that, at least to my knowledge, because they are, at their core, serial dramas. I don't like soap operas either, but the way Housepets is put together, it is like an order of comedy with a side of soap.
WhoElseButQuagmire

Discostew wrote:
Leomon2004 wrote: I normally can't stand Soap Operas, but I really like this one.
It's because the main component isn't a soap opera. It's comedy. Most soap operas don't include that, at least to my knowledge, because they are, at their core, serial dramas. I don't like soap operas either, but the way Housepets is put together, it is like an order of comedy with a side of soap.
Last time on "Housepets!"

Babylon Gardens was confused because Fido admitted he was a cat lover on live TV, which confused his good friend Fox. King was confused when he woke up as Joel, which also further confused his good friend Fox. And the Miltons gave Tiger his very own show, which was just plain confusing. Confused? You won't be after this episode of....."Housepets!"

This is the story of two species. Peanut Butter Sandwich....and Grape Jelly Sandwich. These are the dogs. And these are the cats. And this is ...... "Housepets!"

We begin this week's episode shortly after Cerberus asked Fox out on a date....and Fox accepted......
Last edited by WhoElseButQuagmire on Tue May 27, 2014 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Discostew

Post by Discostew »

Discostew wrote:
This is the story of two species. Peanut Butter Sandwich....and Grape Jelly Sandwich. These are the dogs. And these are the cats. And this is ...... "Housepets!"

We begin this week's episode shortly after Cerberus asked Fox out on a date....and Fox accepted......
Fox: "King! I agreed, but I don't know if I can't really do this."
Joel/King: "Do what?"
Fox: "Go on a date with Ceberus! I never dated someone with multiple personalities before....at the same time, let alone a demigod. Is it possible for her to like AND dislike the same thing? If I talk to one head, is that cheating on the other two? This doesn't sound like it'll go over well."
Joel/King: "Fox! You must do this! Do it for me! Do it for Bailey! Do it for her's and my puppies!"
Last edited by Discostew on Tue May 27, 2014 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
ArcWolf
Just An Arc

Post by ArcWolf »

Discostew wrote:

And then God invented House M.D. .

[Insert awesome song at the end of episode]
Just an Arc
Discostew

Post by Discostew »

ArcWolf wrote:
Discostew wrote:

And then God invented House M.D. .

[Insert awesome song at the end of episode]
Heh.

Nice edit of your Fox avatar, btw.
WhoElseButQuagmire

Discostew wrote:

Fox: "King! I agreed, but I don't know if I can't really do this."
Joel/King: "Do what?"
Fox: "Go on a date with Ceberus! I never dated someone with multiple personalities before....at the same time, let alone a demigod. Is it possible for her to like AND dislike the same thing? If I talk to one head, is that cheating on the other two? This doesn't sound like it'll go over well."
Joel/King: "Fox! You must do this! Do it for me! Do it for Bailey! Do it for her's and my puppies!"
(Dramatic music sting as we switch to Fido and Spo after about 5 orange sodas apiece.)

Fido: " I don't know...Spo. I always thought I could trust Sabrina. But...first this whole Jata thing comes out of nowhere....now she suddenly leaves town and won't say where she's going...."
Spo: Ehhhhh she's a cat. Coulda told you she was bad news. I know I'd never date a cat.
Fido: Spo, you're a mouse! Of course you wouldn't date a cat!
Spo: It's the whole interspecies dating thing...it's just wrong. I mean...just the other day I met this cute mouse Squeak, and she totally turned me down to stay with Joey...
Fido: Wait....did you just say my brother is dating a mouse?
Spo: Wha...uh..no...no..I said, um, 'Joey has a really nice house'. Looks bigger on the inside than on the outside.
Fido: (Downing the last of the can of soda.) Well, I'm putting a stop to this! I won't let my little brother make the same mistake I did! (Gets up, staggers out of the room)
Spo: Uh,oh...Squeak's really gonna hate me now..."