HPU: Sunset Plateau

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

SuperStar

Re: Pet Friendly: Sunset Plateau

Post by SuperStar »

"Well... It's from a Japanese show... Ancient monsters are released from a seal, and then people are tasked with sealing the monsters back into cards. Each monster corresponds with a different card, and each one had a different Special ability. The 7th of Spades was a trilobite like beast with a metal like shield... Blay explained quietly.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Chealzeyard blinked in surprise. As he tossed out his card.

"Sounds cool!" He said, and not paying attention, lays down a five of clubs!

"SNA-*" Ellsward yells, reaching for the cards. Or is someone faster then him going to get them?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Startled, Vinnie yelps and drops the board game! Down it went pieces and all.

"Of course, it'd be Life, of course," he whispered curtly to himself.

"HEY WHEELS! Watch it with that thing!" Vinnie hollered to the cat as he shimmied down.

"It's not his fault you clumsy oaf," Sonjah says, following him.

"Sigh, sorry guy," Vinnie said when he got on the ground and began picking up the pieces, fortunately, most landed in the wagon.

"But yeah, we're leaving," Vinnie said, "We don't want to be a bother of loud youngsters in your roof that's for sure."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"SNAP!" Chris is slightly quicker than Ellsward with no fly to distract her this time - she thinks...
"Er... Was dat me or yew wot go' dere first, den?" she queries.

--------------------
"It's okay," Scotty types. "And you'd be no bother really. It'd be nice to have a little noise in the house every now and again since I can't really make much and Frances doesn't while she's writing. My name's Scotty, by the way. What did you say yours were?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

((Wait, I thought we where playing Slapjack.))
"Oh! 5 of Clubs! That's Bite Cobra!" Blay said excitedly, though still a little quiet. "It increased kicking strength, and Leangle commonly used it to execute a Blizzard Scissor Kick, in conjunction with Blizzard Bear;the 6 of Clubs, and Rush Rhino; the 4 of Clubs." He said with a smile as his tail started waving around, a sign that he was happy, but then he realized that he missed his chance at hitting the card.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

ooc: Actually either "Snap" or "Slapjack" can be used.

ic:

Ellsward missed the grab.

"Darn!" He sated.

"Ellsward! Guest language and quiet voice!" Chealzeyard said. Ellsward's ears flattened and he got embarrassed.

"Sorry," he said quietly.

"As far as turns, it's Wiggin's, remember?" Chealzeyard.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Wiggins nods and flips out the club of nines.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

((No, what I mean is that I thought you are meant to aim for Jacks.))
"8 of Clubs, Smog Squid. It's powers gave the user's attack a smoke after-effect, it was never used in-series." Blay said. "Despite never appearing in the series, a custom was made for it, but was never used outside of a 'blink-youll-miss-it' scene."
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Matatabi placed down the seven of hearts.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Jess threw down the queen of hearts
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

(Yeah, I think Slapjack and Snap are a bit different, but similar. We're playing Snap. Basically if two of the same number/face are played simultaneously, then you wanna be the first to slap the pair, to take all the cards in the pile. Get all the cards, and you win.)

As Will set down the Two of Clubs, he turned to Blay. "Um, what o-one is this?" he asked, a spark of curiosity in his eye.
Paige Turner - The Stargazing Polyglot! - S4 P7 E6 C4 I10 A4 L7 (SP)
Will Turner - The Timid Survivor! - S5 P4 E8 C3 I6 A10 L6 (SP)
Timothy Cotton - The Overenthusiastic Soccer Star S6 P4 E8 C5 I5 A9 L5 (Zoo)
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

"I do believe it was Sting Bee, it increased stabbing power of weapons, and Leangle used it commonly to increase the power of his 'Rouzer', a spear weapon." Blay said. "The last two cards where Bio Plant(7 of Hearts) and Absorb Serpent(Q of Hearts). Bio Plant was sometimes used by Chalise to replicate the Plant's abilities, and while Absorb Serpent was never used in the series, theoretically it would help him in acheiving Jack and King form."
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"Vinnie," Vinnie said, pointing to himself, picking up Life's pieces.

"Sonjah," Sonjah said, "And if you want a little noise in the rafters, a family of squirrels would be enough. But no, we'll leave you guys alone. It's your place. Panda's honor."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You sure know your stuff! I like that in a person," Ellsward said, setting down the, three of clubs.

"Darn itttt," he hissed quietly.
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

"Screw Mole. It increased Leangle's punching power." Blay said. "If any of you are interested, I can share a site where you can watch it."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Yer've lost me complet'ly. I've no idea wot any of dat stuff is." Chris admits. "Yer soun' like yer know wot yer on about dough."

--------------------
"Well, I can't make you stay... You'll be welcome to come around any time you like though." Although the voice on his tablet can't show it, Scotty is feeling a little sad. He'd liked the cheekiness and fiery spirits of the pandas.
"You know, I would help you pick that up since it is kind of my fault you dropped them but..." he shrugs before typing again.
"Well, it would be a little awkward for me to get down there, or at least to get back in the chair again. Sorry I startled you, by the way." The cat thinks for a moment.
"Did I say that already? If I did then sorry for repeating myself. If not, then do excuse my terrible manners." he grins at the pair apologetically.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

"Well, most people laugh when they hear "Screw Mole". Not sure why. You're taking it fine, so that's good." Blay said with a bit of a laugh. He liked these people. They where friendly, and didn't ask to many personal questions.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"Huh, probably cause they associate it with something not nice," Chealzeyard, "Your turn Blay." He added. Ellsward appeared to be thinking.

"You know, as much as I'd love to, it's probably not a good idea," Ellsward said, "We pandas were kidnapped, tortured, and sold and then rescued and allowed to live here. And while we were kidnapped, media like that was used to torture us. Maybe eventually, but I don't want to dredge up bad memories."

"Killjoy," Chealzeyard and received a stuck out tongue from Ellsward. Chealzeyard's phone buzzed and he checked the message.

"Uh oh, hey guys we got to wrap this up quick, let's use the jack rules," he said, "Instead of matching pairs, if a jack appears, try and grab it. And then we'd go by whoever has the most jacks wins."
Sonjah walked over to the cat and patted his cheek.

"Aw, don't worry wheels, we got this," she said, Vinnie nods, collecting the last pieces.

"Fortunately, the last two are just card deck boxes, I'll be a minute," he said. Then he scrambled up the rope.

"So, you like to play these kind a games too eh?" Sonjah asked Scotty.
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

"It's fault if you let it bug you...!" Blay thought himself. He understood the pandas feelings, but letting their past control their present wouldn't help, welk atleast that's he though. He placed down the King of Hearts. "Evolution Paradoxa." He said quietly.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

xhunterko wrote:"You sure know your stuff! I like that in a person," Ellsward said, setting down the, three of clubs.

"Darn itttt," he hissed quietly.
It took awhile for Winni to catch that, but finally did. She walked up behind Ellsward and whispered in his ear.
You lllllike him! she said, rolling the L's to tease him.

So, the cards are... back up for the different creatures? Wiggins asked.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Chris is so shocked by this revelation that she momentarily forgets to flip her card.
"I'm sorry, you... you were wot?" she asks, open-mouthed, as she drops the five of spades onto the pile.
"I'm sorry, it's not my business to ask but... Torture? Kidnap? Sold? Really?"

--------------------
Smiling broadly, Scotty nods vigorously, paws flying over his on-screen keyboard. "Heck, yes! I'm not very good at sport but board games are fun." He looks at the pieces the two are picking up.
"Is that 'Life'? That's one of my favourites! I have both the original and the Star Wars versions!"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Ellsward's ears flattened.

"Please don't EVER suggest that again," he said, angry, "That's NOT what I meant!"

Chealzeyard nodded to Chris.

"Ask our shaman about it sometime, he'll tell ya," Chealzeyard said, laying down the, jack of clubs absentmindedly.
"Cool! You'll be great for the multi-person games!" Sonjah says.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Winni was about to explode at the officer, but held her tongue.
Officer Ellsward. May I please speak with you outside? Winni asked with a fake smile.

Wiggins paw shot like lightening at the card. If someone were to have slapped it before him, their paw would be up for some serious sting by the quick reflects.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Jess noticed the Jack, but decided not to slap it. To let others win, and to not get her paw slapped.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Blay noticed the card. "Fusion Eagle!" He cried as hd flung his . paw at the card. He hoped he was fast enough, but he wasn't sure if he'd make it.
Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

Will's eyes were shut tight as he listened to Ellsward's description of the past, and squeezed tighter still as he heard Chris ask about it. It really hit much too close to home. As he gathered the courage to ask for a topic change, he heard Chealzeyard to ask the shaman.
The mink was thankful that the topic was seemingly brought to a close with those words, a small sigh escaping his mouth--which backfired on him as Wiggins slapped the table, making him jump and making his body try to sigh and gasp at the same time. He coughed a bit as the two ended, seeming sheepish afterwards.
"S-sorry." He cleared his throat lightly as he added. "Just was s-startled by that."
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

ooc: So, how is it decided who gets it then? The higher the luck, or the higher the agility?

ic:

The officer looked over to Winnifred, and set down his cards.

"We'll be a minute I suppose," he said, walking outside.
By now, the wolves had been marched into the community center in front of the palace. Two bath house assistants attended to them with lots of food and drink, and foot massages for those who wanted them. They had yet, however to be introduced to the royal family. Volksvadir stood at the center's door leaning against a post looking towards the palace.

"Probably waiting on his impertinence," he mumbled to himself.
valerio

Post by valerio »

xhunterko wrote:By now, the wolves had been marched into the community center in front of the palace. Two bath house assistants attended to them with lots of food and drink, and foot massages for those who wanted them. They had yet, however to be introduced to the royal family. Volksvadir stood at the center's door leaning against a post looking towards the palace.
"Probably waiting on his impertinence," he mumbled to himself.
"See, big sister?" Lucilla said, while eating from a fruit. "These are the advantages of peace. You should try them."
Agrippina made a face. "Eating fruit and getting lazy? No thanks. I just hope this mighty Valiant comes soon. I'm getting tired, where's the so-called 'Prince' Mitch?"
"Like it or not, daughter," Cesar said to Agrippina, "We're guests and we're supposed to act as such and respect our hosts."
"This place is fantastic, though," Constantine said, looking around. "Humans' den would be so better, should they follow the pandas' indications in home engineering."
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"Fffft. Lazy my foot," Zhang mumbled, stationed in the back in a corner by a window.

"Deer, anyone?" Said a female panda from the bath house bringing in a shopping cart of assorted cuts.
valerio

Post by valerio »

xhunterko wrote:"Fffft. Lazy my foot," Zhang mumbled, stationed in the back in a corner by a window.
"Deer, anyone?" Said a female panda from the bath house bringing in a shopping cart of assorted cuts.
Even Amadora had to refrain from any sarcastic thought about the pandas at the sight of that finest meat. "You hunted it down yourselves?" she asked, genuinely impressed.
The other wolves looked as if they wanted to attack and hunt down the cart, but in the name of etiquette, they waited for the leaders to eat their serving first
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"Oh yes, salted dried, half of it killed by our prince on a recent hunt, the other half another squad," she said, "It was a small one the prince downed but one nonetheless. I'll get another cart, be back in a jiffy." And with that, she left. Zhang rummaged through his bags and munched on a biscuit feeling hungry himself.
valerio

Post by valerio »

xhunterko wrote:"Oh yes, salted dried, half of it killed by our prince on a recent hunt, the other half another squad," she said, "It was a small one the prince downed but one nonetheless. I'll get another cart, be back in a jiffy." And with that, she left. Zhang rummaged through his bags and munched on a biscuit feeling hungry himself.
The wolves helped themselves to the meat, not before reciting a prayer to honor the spirit of the fallen animal.
"I must say," Amadora remarked, "Prince Mitch has just escalated in my consideration. Such a small creature with such talent in hunting deserves our full respect. Don't you find so, my mate?"
Cesar nodded while munching at his piece. He was wagging hard his tail. "Indeed the pandas will do for great allies, if they're guided by such talented hunters..." he chuckled as he looked at Belisarius. "Not hungry, pup?"
Bel was looking around, nervous. "Not hungry. Waiting." He was fiddling his fingers
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Scotty shrugs. "What can I say? I've had practise." he grins.
"What other games have you got?" The cat swivels his chair slightly and cranes his neck, trying to see the titles on the boxes stacked in the wagon without falling from the chair.

--------------------
"Oh, I wouldn't want t' pry. I'm sorry, it was rude o' me t' be curious." She jumps as Wiggins' paw slams the table and giggles at the mink's apology.
"Hehe, i''s okay, Will. Star'led me too. Dey're fast! I fink Wiggins won dat, don', you guys?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

To sum up what Winni had to say to the panda officer, she told him that if the panda's are just going to flip out every time she opened her mouth, then they do not deserve her respect or comradeship until they earn it. She will only respect her king as a civilian, and that she's done with protecting a village that doesn't want her around.
There were more or less words for her to share about Ellswards overreaction to a joke, but for time's sake, its been cut out.

Winnifred then returned to the game, having finished venting, to return her kerchief.
Its been a blast, Chealyzard, but this soldiering stuff isn't for me. I request to be discharged from active duty immediately.
Wiggins looked up at Winni surprised.
Did something happen? Wiggins asked.
No. she lied.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Chealyzard asked no questions, nodded solemnly and took the neckerchief and placed it in an equipment bag.

"We have been through a lot, and we CAN let bad memories get to us when certain things are said or happen," Chealyzard said, "I do hope you eventually understand and forgive of us of our anxiety based antics. From our past, we get a little high strung and snap sometimes. For your own sake though, I suggest you please consider keeping the equipment. It may prove useful. But please be patient with us. We went through a lot and are still recovering. If you ever change your mind to rejoin, there will be no second thoughts on it. Thank you for your service thus far Winnifred." At the last he placed his paws upright together by his chest and bowed his head. The other officers did the same. Then he turned back to the game, pondering.

"Eh, eh, so who got the cards?" Ellsward said timidly.
The female panda returned with a second cart full of meat.

"Thought I forgot eh?" She said with a smile.

"How much is left dear?" Volkesvadir said to her.

"Oh quick your knackering, there's enough and our hunters bring more every day," she said, Volkesvadir rolled his eyes.

"And if the wolves have no objections there's ALWAYS the super markets," she said. Volkesvadir shook his head.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Well, Milles Borne, Pandemic, Agricola, Lord of the Rings, a couple assorted card games, Tea Time, Risk, Ace Ducey, the old orange and white kind you know, with the cups," Sonjah said, going through the games.

"Star Wars, Pokemon!" Vinnie shouted gleefully from above with the two boxes under his arms.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Winni nodded and took the bag, then began to leave, waving as she walked off.
Wiggins put down his cards and ran after Winnifred.
Wait, Winni! He said. Winni continued walking, but slowed down for the rabbit.
Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

As Will watched the rabbit walk out the door, he stated simply, "I-i... th-think Blay won that... since I think W-wiggins just quit."
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Blay looked around, not quite sure what just happened. "Wait, I win?" He asked confused.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"Looks like it," Jess said. "the cards are yours."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Yeah, you got dat 'and." Chris looks to the door.
"Should we go after dem...?" she asks, slightly unsure as to panda etiquette.

--------------------
"I only know about half those... I'm willing to learn though!" Scotty drums his paw on his arm rest for a moment, thinking.
"Do you know 'Settlers of Catan' or 'Monopoly' or 'Pass The Pig' or 'Cluedo' or 'Balderdash' or 'Taboo' or 'Cranium' or 'Pictionary'? Those are some of my favourites. I like all the traditional ones too, like chess, checkers, scrabble, etcetera." He smiles and winks at the pair.
"I know. I'm old-fashioned."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Blay was gonna take the cards to his side of the table, but decided against it since the game was apparently over. "I'm up for going after them, I have nothing else to do." Blay said while raising a hand.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Wiggins stayed by Winni's side as she began to walk out of the village with Wiggins.
Winni, whats wrong? he asked again.
I'll tell you when we're alone, okay? she said.