Chat Thread 41: Mod Maker

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Seth
Moshpit Addict

Re: Chat Thread 41: Mod Maker

Post by Seth »

herobrineharry wrote:To completely wrench the conversation in an entirely new direction: Grapenut. Is Rick going to do it/never do it/never choose either and swing back and forth and torture us for eternity?
Nope. Never ever.
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

herobrineharry wrote:To completely wrench the conversation in an entirely new direction: Grapenut. Is Rick going to:

1. Do it?

2. Never do it?

3. Never choose either and swing back and forth and torture us for eternity?
The third one.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Who knows. Housepets! is gonna be around a while. No time soon, I assume.

Though please remember that the chat thread is in Not the Comic, guys!
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

Okay. Then let's talk about this. I found this article about an animator showing off his portfolio of what an animated adaptation of Wicked might look like. http://www.themarysue.com/wicked-animated-movie/

What do you guys think?
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Disney (or someone) should make this a reality. With the original broadway cast as the voices
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

That would take a long time, though. I'd be all for it, of course!
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

I've kind of been converted to the "musicals are pretty cool" camp this summer. I'd be happy to see some adapted to animation.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

yeah, I've recently decided there are more musicals I'd actually want to see than I knew.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

I love musicals and always have and always will!

There's something special and unique about seeing a live show. Every show is different and there's much more of an excited atmosphere and a pleased atmosphere at a live show. You don't get the interaction between the cast and the audience at the movies like you do at the theatre and you know that every theatre-going experience will be unique, unlike at the movies. Everyone dresses up a lot more for the theatre too and you make a whole night out of it unlike for the movies. There's a kind of festival atmosphere, I guess, and a lot more interaction and fun. I think the theatre will never die just because it is such a special and one-of-a-kind experience.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Jacey
Location: inside a miniture submarine that is orbiting the earth.

Post by Jacey »

The last musical I went to was the secret garden. Mainly it was for my (at the time girl friend) Ex, and we were able to get in for free. It was sadly to hard to hear anyone or hard to understand if I could hear them. Part of me wanted to go to the sound booth and turn everything up. I also only got to see half of the musical and would have liked to seen more.
RP Characters:
[All have gone on vacation]
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I've never seen a musical I didn't like. And I've seen a fair share.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Have you seen meet me in ST. Louis? Because it's kind of awful.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
Goforit
Weather Wizard

Post by Goforit »

Musicals are pretty cool, I played in the pit band for our school's productions four years in a row. We had strangers come to watch from the nearby town, was fun. Performed Footloose, Beauty and the Beast, Grease, and Shrek: The Musical. Haven't watched many musicals, though. Best I saw was Catch Me if You Can in Chicago. Guess I can't say I've been to one I didn't enjoy seeing.
Ask me about the weather.

Avatar by the amazing cartoonist Hukley!
Kateleo007

Post by Kateleo007 »

I haven't seen too many professional productions, but since I'm in the theatre crew class at my high school (we make the sets, costumes, clean the theatre, etc) I have to see all the plays we put on. I really enjoy seeing the whole process of the show, and being able to contribute to it. I get a sense of pride seeing my work on stage, and then hearing up to 3600 people clapping for it (in a way). Plus, I'm now certified to do that as a career which I might use as a second back-up plan if my dream jobs don't work out.

Jack the Eevee and Barb the Buizel

George "Geo" Walker......S-8 P-4 E-7 C-7 I-6 A-7 L-3
Thank you kurowolfe for the banner!

3DS Friend Code: 1006 0495 4065
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

I've only been to a few musicals those were Spamalot and Beauty and the Beast, plus my high school's production of Seussical.
oh and I guess I went to my school's production of "Your A Good Man Charlie Brown" before I was actually going there.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Seth wrote:Have you seen meet me in ST. Louis? Because it's kind of awful.
I have, multiple times, and it is not very good, no. I kinda forgot it even counts as a musical because the song density is so low.

It is the origin of Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas, though.

The weirdest musical I've seen is In The Heights, a Latin/hip-hop musical. It was actually pretty good. My dad didn't get it though.
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

You people were talking about me a couple of weeks ago! :P

I've been pretty inactive here lately because I haven't really had a whole lot to contribute to anymore. When I do, by the time I get to see the posts, they're a few days/a few weeks old and and I either don't post or my response to whomever I respond to usually does not get seen by the original forumite in question. I do it anyway though, I'm like a incorporeal phantom around here lately. :P

Hey mods, I'm going to re-introduce myself here to the newer members so they'll know who I am and stuff if that's cool with y'all. :3

*waves hands at newer members* Hi guys! I'm Beagle, IRL I go by Caitlin so I am most definitely a girl, as stated by JeffCvt. I'm a rising sophomore in college, majoring in computer science! I like Pokemon, Homestuck, electronic music (as well as pop and country), and internet stuff in general. I have a Steam and a Skype, which is my primary lifeline to my senior friends of the forum.

If anyone is shy or if I seem generally unapproachable, you can ask Dissension, Sleet, JeffCvt, Seth, RandomGeekNamedBrent, or copper about how awesome I am. :P Generally everyone else I've been friends with here are now inactive, so these are the last handful of people that remember me.

@JeffCvt: I did not find Sleet on Google+. I google'd some phrases and was like, "Heck, why not, let's just hit page 10 of results" and found a forum (now obsolete and you can no longer find) where Sleet disclosed his/her gender. It took me five minutes, and it was pure luck. Sleet was so mad. :lol: I remember getting a PM from him/her that just said, "Freaking..." I was one of the first to find out, but I was not -the- first.

This snooper skill has served me quite well recently; I'm the president at a computer club at my university and I tracked down every alumni member of the club from the last 20 years in 20 minutes thanks to Facebook. :P

(I'm the only person that has your phone number and seen your face? o.o)

*looks back at newer members*

I'm also, from what I've heard generally, an extremely trustworthy person. Lots of members have willingly disclosed IRL details to me that they would not disclose to others (like real names and emails, nothing weird you guys). At one point someone gave me the title of "Secret Keeper of the Forums." :lol: I'm a pretty good person I guess, so yeah that's me!

*finger remains to hover over the "launch a wave of femininity" button*

;)

P.S. I saw Les Mis (2012 version) on Saturday and I actually liked it. All the hype about it a few years back and one friend who gave me an over-complicated version of the plot bored me to death, so I staved off from it for a while. My friends from college started watching it so I just went with it and hey, it's actually pretty good. My friend who is bananas about Les Mis was ecstatic about me enjoying it. (He only tried to make me watch it for a year, no big deal right.)

@deepskycyan: You were in London the same time my friend was! Did you enjoy the trip?

(I also have an idea I want to pitch to the mods but I'll wait and see if the incorporeal phantom thing has worn off temporarily.)
Let me tell you about Homestuck.
deepskycyan

Post by deepskycyan »

Beagle. Another one of you 'early forumite' types. Fear not, for I have made inquiries regarding you and I'll have you know, your old friends most certainly did not vouch for you.
(I'm kidding!)

In all seriousness, welcome back! Despite what I said above, it's always nice to have more experienced members of the community to show the newer ones around. Your trustworthiness and secret keeping is also well appreciated on the forum, I'll make sure I remember you the next time I feel the need to share some (undoubtedly embarrassing) secret with someone!

As for my trip, I had a blast! Also ended up watching Les Mis at the theatre and enjoyed it immensely. Since we're currently discussing musicals again I feel like I should do a write-up or something but I'm pretty tired right now so maybe another day haha :)
"Reality continues to ruin my life." -B. Watterson
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

Welcome back Beagle.
RP Characters:
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Welcome back Beagle! And yeah you could say there's a few new people. :lol:
The nine-tailed Kitsune of England.
I am Kyuunado Fureatsurī!
Want to talk? PM me or message at [email protected] and add me on Google+
Mickey the Luxray
Location: Why-Cant-We-Be-Given-Some-Consarned-Snow-Ville, USA

Post by Mickey the Luxray »

Hi again, Beagle! Good to have you back.
If you want my number, it's #804080.
The Blue Fox

Post by The Blue Fox »

Heh. I reckon this is a case of "speak of the devil and they shall eventually appear". Welcome Back Beagle. I guess you can call me "new" coz I joined the forums somewhere between when you dissapeared and when you returned. *nods*
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

You know, I have the strangest desire to point out a random rule for the chat thread.
JeffCvt wrote:3.) The Chat Thread isn't the IRC; it's still in the forum format. Don't make posts that consist entirely of greetings, goodbyes, or acknowledgement of how people aren't posting at the moment.
Anyway, now that I have calmed that very random desire:
Beagle wrote:@JeffCvt: I did not find Sleet on Google+.
Could have sworn that you did. Oh well, that's just me getting my stories mixed up. Ignore the person who's slowly losing their mind. :P
Beagle wrote:(I'm the only person that has your phone number and seen your face? o.o)
Yup. The only one.

But mostly because you're the only one who's ever asked. There are more than a few people I would be willing to video chat with if they requested, and 3 or 4 that I might give my number to if they asked.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
ArcWolf
Just An Arc

Post by ArcWolf »

I thought the point of forums were to say things with a degree on anonimity.
Just an Arc
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Hence why out of everyone I know not just on the forums, but on the entire interwebs, I would only video chat with 7 or 8 and I would give my number to even fewer of them.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

I've only ever given my number to one person I met online and that was under exceptional circumstances which I won't go into here to preserve that person's anonymity and privacy. Suffice to say it was just in case they needed me urgently. Generally I do preserve my own anonymity pretty well, I think, because I had internet safety drummed into me pretty well. That said, I am open and honest if you talk to me. I just don't tend to give my name out. You've got to earn that. ;)
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Jacey

Post by Jacey »

I also keep my self pretty anonymous, except for information that is rather generic (like living in a place with 2 million other people living there). Only two people have ever gotten to know my name or have my number, for them they are really close friends I can trust. Also I even keep a fake online name just in case I need to use that name, I think only one person on this forum might have an inkling of who I really am (which I hope they don't plan on sharing).
RP Characters:
ArcWolf
Just An Arc

Post by ArcWolf »

So your name isn't Drake?!
Just an Arc
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

ArcWolf wrote:...

So your name isn't Drake?!
No.
RP Characters:
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Beagle wrote: I remember getting a PM from him/her that just said, "Freaking..." I was one of the first to find out, but I was not -the- first.
when I found him on Google+, she just sent me a message on skype calling me a butt :P
I hadn't even realized that the page gave his gender, I just wanted to add her to my circles

on another note, as a Computer Science major, you should stick around the forums cause there's a lot of us on here who may be able to help you if you run into trouble with a program :P

also, I believe Copper, Diss, Sleet, and Housefox have my phone number. I'd probably give it to a few more if they asked but it'd be on a case by case basis.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
The Blue Fox

Post by The Blue Fox »

I'm pretty concerned about my privacy too. I try not to give out my real life last name to ANYONE on the internet as evil stalkers could use it to track me down IRL with wicked intentions.
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

The Blue Fox wrote:I'm pretty concerned about my privacy too. I try not to give out my real life last name to ANYONE on the internet as evil stalkers could use it to track me down IRL with wicked intentions.
that is a good idea. I have learned of something kind of frightening, more or less I have met some who claim to be able to use email addresses and first names and are able to get just about any info that is connected to that address. That and I know someone once found out a lot of info of a person from their IP address, but that was just a rare case and a rare circumstance.
RP Characters:
deepskycyan

Post by deepskycyan »

I'm very careful about giving away personal information online. And as a result, I can safely say that not a single person anywhere on the internet has knowledge of my real identity (with the exception of my connections on social media).

Guess those internet safety lessons back in primary school really paid off.
"Reality continues to ruin my life." -B. Watterson
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

deepskycyan wrote:I'm very careful about giving away personal information online. And as a result, I can safely say that not a single person anywhere on the internet has knowledge of my real identity (with the exception of my connections on social media).

Guess those internet safety lessons back in primary school really paid off.
You got safety lessons? That is cool, I never got safety lessons and had to learn as I went.
RP Characters:
The Blue Fox

Post by The Blue Fox »

Drake wrote:
The Blue Fox wrote:I'm pretty concerned about my privacy too. I try not to give out my real life last name to ANYONE on the internet as evil stalkers could use it to track me down IRL with wicked intentions.
that is a good idea. I have learned of something kind of frightening, more or less I have met some who claim to be able to use email addresses and first names and are able to get just about any info that is connected to that address. That and I know someone once found out a lot of info of a person from their IP address, but that was just a rare case and a rare circumstance.
Oh, you think hackers using e-mails and IP adresses to get your info is a rare occurrence? You have no idea. The web is rife with phishing sites and all sorts of nasty viruses that can hack yer system and get yer details pretty sharp-ish if yer not careful. You gotta know how to spot a bad webpage when you see it. Otherwise, yer in for a nasty surprise.

Usually I'm pretty good at detecting when something fishy is going on with a link or e-mail or whatever...but this one time, my phishing site radar operator musta bin taking a holiday when a friend in Second Life sent me this link with no explaination...the link looked like one to a product on the Second Life Marketplace webpage, but it took me to the homepage...
For some reason, I believed this to mean the product in question was an adult product and required me to log in...but when I did, and I tried the link again, it just took me right back to the homepage.
I didn't know I'd just given my Second Life username and password to a phishing site lookalike until the next day when I had exactly 14 e-mails telling me my account had been repeatedly trying to purchase an insane amount of Second Life in-world money with real-world money from my bank account, as I had my bank details on there at the time just in case I needed a small boost to my in-world funds. The first 10 were approved, and the last 4 were blocked when someone at Linden Labs was like "hold up...something's going on here..." and put my account on hold.
I had to explain to my real life bank what had happened and I had to fill out an online form to get my SL account taken out of hold again.
Luckily I didn't lose a single penny of real life money and I got my SL account back within the week. Guess I was fortunate this particular hacker wasn't smart enough to be discreet about his little scam stealing my money bit by bit so nobody would cotton on.
Annoyingly for about the year that followed I got countless e-mails supposedly from a bank telling me there's something wrong with my bank account and I needed to give 'em my details to see what's up...what's funny is that all the e-mails were from all the well-known banks EXCEPT the one I was actually with. XD And besides that, I know a real bank don't need to ask for my bank details to sort out a problem. :P
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

Well, yes I guess they happen often. For me though it seems rare, but that's just me. I am glad you got your money back though.
RP Characters:
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

They could try stuff that with me, but jokes on them, I have no money and I don't do anything online that's connected to anything important. No online bank accounts or important E-mails or anything. If they went searching for money I would laugh and search with them. :lol:
The nine-tailed Kitsune of England.
I am Kyuunado Fureatsurī!
Want to talk? PM me or message at [email protected] and add me on Google+
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

ArcWolf wrote:I thought the point of forums were to say things with a degree on anonimity.
I met the majority of my friends here. I'm also not hugely secretive regarding my identity. Of course, I own a Web site which cannot be discussed here, so it's not like it'd be particularly hard for someone to track down my information anyway!

Beagle once sent me a Christmas card and stuff.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

There are a few folks on here who know me reasonably well. I've even met two in person. It does always kind of seem like playing with fire though. *Shrugs* 21st century probz I guess....
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

It's actually surprising how few forumites I've actually met in person. I want to say it's only been one?