Goforit
Weather Wizard

2014/08/13 - Round the Camp Fire

Post by Goforit »

[ Round the Camp Fire ]

Title Text: You have to understand, I AM still a cat

That headache actually looks painful...
Ask me about the weather.

Avatar by the amazing cartoonist Hukley!
Gbr23

Re: 2014/08/13 - Round the Camp Fire

Post by Gbr23 »

That must be one heck of a headache
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
WhoElseButQuagmire

Post by WhoElseButQuagmire »

So...why did we bring The Other Daryl again?
ConvoyWolf

Post by ConvoyWolf »

Rock....mind your own flipping beeswax!!! Put the bloody camera down and let the people talk! JEEZ!

Poor Sabrina. Now we know why she was fighting. she believed that she could harness the legendary power to bring piece and equality to the world.....Bailey wasnt the only pawn in this stupid game.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Nothing against Rock, but I think Sabrina could use an unwinding. X3
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Miles the Wolf

Post by Miles the Wolf »

Kings face in that panel is PRICELESS!! Also, haha fat Daryl passed out on the car.
Anyways, Sabrina, we know this battle isn't for the fate of the world. King is there for 2 reasons: to rescue Bailey, and to punish Pete. He's not there just to ruin your fun.
I'm thinking of starting a Fan Fiction, should I do it? Send me a PM with some ideas and names of characters!
Blood is red, the sky is blue, this knife is sharp, and your dead too!
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

You can easily throw this back in her face two ways, who is she to decide that what she wants is inherently better for everyone, and two why should she get to decide that the best way to do it is perpetuating the Nerds childishness. Heck the first part applies to the Nerds as well. This is basically the dilemma you get when someone gets, say the Infinity Gauntlet with all the stones, or anything of similar power/ability. I'm not saying that I disagree with her that things would likely be better, its just she shouldn't get to make that call.

Heck there is also the point that they might not even let her do what she wanted leading to the whole thing being pointless.
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

Wow :( Now I feel bad for hating Sabrina. While it's great she wanted to use the power to bring peace to the world, it turned out in the end she's just another random person both Pete and Dragon are using for their own selfish desires. Both Sabrina, Bailey, and King are literally going through hell just for two celestial beings stupid game and all they want is just to return to their normal lives and forget all about the celestial game, Pete and Dragon.
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

If only Fido was around to calm her down - then again, he'd probably be just as at risk of being exempted from her pacifism. :( Not that he knows anything about what's going on anyway... :roll:
Last edited by Douglas Collier on Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

IceKitsune wrote:Heck there is also the point that they might not even let her do what she wanted leading to the whole thing being pointless.
I'm taking a gander here that Sabrina is taking a blind leap of faith with this and going along with it thinking that she will get what she wants eventually.

I'm sure she wont. Problem is, what will this do to her afterwards? I'm sure Fido will fix that.

On a side note ~ Sabrina belly button. Tee-hee-hee. *pokes it* ... *gets mauled* @_@
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Acritic2

Post by Acritic2 »

Wow, even out of the armor, Bailey's scarf is long as heck.
ConvoyWolf wrote: Poor Sabrina. Now we know why she was fighting. she believed that she could harness the legendary power to bring peace and equality to the world.....Bailey wasnt the only pawn in this stupid game.
Sabrina's such a sweetheart (mostly), Hopefully Dragon will keep her word. It'd make he another step better than Pete
Miles the Wolf wrote:King is there for 2 reasons: to rescue Bailey, and to punish Pete. He's not there just to ruin your fun.
So why doesn't King just tell her that?
Last edited by Acritic2 on Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

URh. I really don't know what the think know, I was cheering for Sabrina, now I lost a bit of respect. I don't agree with her on panel 2 but then I agree with her on the next panels. What the Fur...
Mistacheeeez
Location: Scouring the vast wastelands of the internet for any memes not yet devoured by the masses!

Post by Mistacheeeez »

The other Daryl`s face creeps me out the more I look at it...
It has no eyes!!! :o
I thought about changing my signature but decided against it, it's too much work!
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

It's nice when people share goals. It's heartbreaking when their views still end up incompatible. I'm waiting for King's response here, it seems like he's at the point of not even bothering to listen to her side. I can't say I really blame him, though, but his anger isn't exactly focused right now.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Acritic2

Post by Acritic2 »

What's with the sparkly stuff still around Sabrina? Did the headache last that long, or is that her emotions still bursting out of her?
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Acritic2 wrote:
Miles the Wolf wrote:King is there for 2 reasons: to rescue Bailey, and to punish Pete. He's not there just to ruin your fun.
So why doesn't King just tell her that?
Because she won't let him get a word in edgeways.

The truth of the matter is told
but beautiful Sabrina's not sold.
The 'battle of good and evil's' got old
she wants the power to shape and mould.
She was fighting to save her world,
the pain caused by Jata unfurled,
a oppression at which she was hurled
by Keene. So Rock? See that tail curled?
The innocents brawl in a game,
fighting for the lame against lame;
not showing up who's really to blame
and putting their bodies in the frame.
Who cares, good Lady, if you fall?
Fido would. Max too. And they're not all...
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
valerio

Post by valerio »

"Who cares if we play along or not?"
well, THAT seems to be the problem, Sabry baby: YOU and Tarot DECIDED to play along. King was NOT given a chance in the FIRST PLACE and what happiness and redemption he had bought for himself was CRUSHED when Bailey was taken away with THREATS AND DECEPTION.
So yes, King has all the RIGHT to care. And frankly, Sabrina, would you seriously start this 'brave new world' era over the ashes of someone you know's happiness?
Oh, and by keeping King out of the frame YOU decided for him.
Talk about hypocricy hm?

And then, what the heck is 'a better world' supposed to mean?! Of course, no one sound of mind would like to see tha abuses, the atrocities, the prejudices, the greedy finance and all the other niceties going on. But Sabrina, do you have a BARE idea of what a direct intervention could imply? What will it be? Every single human turned into a vegan, for example? World mind lobotomy to suppress any violent thought before it even formed, or divine lightning in case of violent thoughts/actions? And what about the OTHER animals themselves, since we're BIG APES, not some extraterrestrial species?
Every predator species will be turned into vegan? Life and death cycle in nature will be spontaneoussly compensated by a much shorter lifespan whenever the herds will start growing too much, instead of letting predators to their job SINCE THE BIRTH OF LIFE?!
Oh, and BTW, regarding all those pesky humans living by the billions? Shall we cull those 5 billions exceeding and redristibute the others so that the eco-impact is lessened? Perhaps we'll still provide the leftovers their ecompatible commodies without having ever to recourse to infustries again? Or shall they live composing poem and playing the harp in eternal springtime?
Sabrina, everyone has his/her idea of 'better' world, but not even the gods can positively know what's better, because even them don't know EVERYTHING. And they make mistakes and misjudge.
And if one demigod like Pete couldn't even predict the consequences of messing with a single mortal such as King, do YOU think, Sabrina, that he could 'make the world a better place'?
Or another demigod such as Dragon whose idea of romance included STALKING?!?
ConvoyWolf

Post by ConvoyWolf »

valerio wrote:"Who cares if we play along or not?"
well, THAT seems to be the problem, Sabry baby: YOU and Tarot DECIDED to play along. King was NOT given a chance in the FIRST PLACE and what happiness and redemption he had bought for himself was CRUSHED when Bailey was taken away with THREATS AND DECEPTION.
So yes, King has all the RIGHT to care. And frankly, Sabrina, would you seriously start this 'brave new world' era over the ashes of someone you know's happiness?
Talk about hypocricy hm?

And then, what the heck is 'a better world' supposed to mean?! Of course, no one sound of mind would like to see tha abuses, the atrocities, the prejudices, the greedy finance and all the other niceties going on. But Sabrina, do you have a BARE idea of what a direct intervention could imply? What will it be? Every single human turned into a vegan, for example? World mind lobotomy to suppress any violent thought before it even formed, or divine lightning in case of violent thoughts/actions? And what about the OTHER animals themselves, since we're BIG APES, not some extraterrestrial species?
Every predator species will be turned into vegan? Life and death cycle in nature will be spontaneoussly compensated by a much shorter lifespan whenever the herds will start growing too much, instead of letting predators to their job SINCE THE BIRTH OF LIFE?!
Oh, and BTW, regarding all those pesky humans living by the billions? Shall we cull those 5 billions exceeding and redristibute the others so that the eco-impact is lessened? Perhaps we'll still provide the leftovers their ecompatible commodies without having ever to recourse to infustries again? Or shall they live composing poem and playing the harp in eternal springtime?
Sabrina, everyone has his/her idea of 'better' world, but not even the gods can positively know what's better, because even them don't know EVERYTHING. And they make mistakes and misjudge.
And if one demigod like Pete couldn't even predict the consequences of messing with a single mortal such as King, do YOU think, Sabrina, that he could 'make the world a better place'?
Ummmmm.....wow.....this.
valerio

Post by valerio »

oh, and just to test your sincerity, kitty-cat: Would you or not positively sacrifice your love life for the 'greater good'? Would you just have Fido suffer in the name of a better future?
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Talk about hypocricy hm?

Or perhaps she'll feed the hungry, take care of the neglected, bring comfort to the hurting, give the downtrodden a second chance, take the abused to a place of peace....
You know, cause making the world a better place means making it a better place...
Acritic2

Post by Acritic2 »

Obbl wrote:
Talk about hypocricy hm?

Or perhaps she'll feed the hungry, take care of the neglected, bring comfort to the hurting, give the downtrodden a second chance, take the abused to a place of peace....
You know, cause making the world a better place means making it a better place...
I'm with him, it starts with acts of random kindness.
valerio

Post by valerio »

it starts with that and I'm all for that!
But what AFTER that? Acting as a global, efficient NGO will not keep the hurt at bay, will only mend the random wounds. it won't erase the evil and the attitude at the ROOT of what happens since dawn of civilization! Shall all weapons be silenced and turned into schythes? YAY! But that won't prevent people and animals to be violent, and believe me you haven't seen bloodshed if you haven't seen a mass battle of ancient times. even with just stones (and scythes), it must be something to see!
And what if the gods actively punished the lawbreakers? Ok with that, but that means retracting what Bahamut said to King about 'religion and rules', because Pete or Dragon would just set their own canon law and force everyone to follow it. It stinks of dictatorship, with the added downside of being at the whim of two capricious cosmic TEENAGERS.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Why does making the world a better place require it to be perfect? As long as people can choose to do evil, there will be evil in the world. A "perfect" place, a place without evil, would require that no one be able to choose to do anything but good. And if the method of getting the world to that place squicks you out a little, you're in good company with me.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Obbl wrote:Why does making the world a better place require it to be perfect? As long as people can choose to do evil, there will be evil in the world. A "perfect" place, a place without evil, would require that no one be able to choose to do anything but good. And if the method of getting the world to that place squicks you out a little, you're in good company with me.
Ok with that, Obbl.
But still my points about Sabrina remain: She had only to keep King and Bailey full informed, give them a chance to decide by their own will. After all, Joel suffered by the hands of the pets he wanted to help, and in turn he inflctes sufference to innocent animals. Bailey suffered the egotism of her own family when they left for the city.
Perhaps they can be convinced that, if this battle must be fought, it'll be not only for their marriage but for something larger as well... But Sabrina must stop thinking SHE is the only one who knows better!
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Where does Sabrina say she knows "better" than anyone else? She's saying King doesn't have the right to make her choice of whether or not to fight for her. She doesn't understand why King is so dead set against this fight when the outcome is of little consequence to him at this point.
Sabrina wrote:The only thing at stake is the egos of two petulant superbeings!
Bailey has already made her choice to fight. Yet King hates this game and all that it stands for so much that he wants to shut it down regardless of what anyone else thinks about it. Not that he doesn't have a right to hate Pete and to hate this game, but that he doesn't have the right to say whether Sabrina can play or not.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Obbl wrote:Where does Sabrina say she knows "better" than anyone else? She's saying King doesn't have the right to make her choice of whether or not to fight for her. She doesn't understand why King is so dead set against this fight when the outcome is of little consequence to him at this point.
Bailey has already made her choice to fight. Yet King hates this game and all that it stands for so much that he wants to shut it down regardless of what anyone else thinks about it. Not that he doesn't have a right to hate Pete and to hate this game, but that he doesn't have the right to say whether Sabrina can play or not.
by keeping King out of the information loop, she just acted as if she knew better than him.
Bailey decided to fight to keep King as her doggie husband...NOT to discover that even BEFORE she signed the spell would exhaust itself nonetheless. of COURSE now she has to win, but if she loses, whops she has signed that contract FOR NOTHING. Talk about fair deal! Doesn't that give King the right to intervene and END this charade?
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

I don't recall being told that's how this deal works. I'm pretty sure you're inferring that, but I've always disagreed, personally. Plus it appears King is currently in control of his dogness, so long as he's in contact with the watch. So I don't think that's why he's here, but we'll see.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Obbl wrote:I don't recall being told that's how this deal works. I'm pretty sure you're inferring that, but I've always disagreed, personally. Plus it appears King is currently in control of his dogness, so long as he's in contact with the watch. So I don't think that's why he's here, but we'll see.
yup
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

valerio wrote:
Obbl wrote:Where does Sabrina say she knows "better" than anyone else? She's saying King doesn't have the right to make her choice of whether or not to fight for her. She doesn't understand why King is so dead set against this fight when the outcome is of little consequence to him at this point.
by keeping King out of the information loop, she just acted as if she knew better than him.
Bailey decided to fight to keep King as her doggie husband...NOT to discover that even BEFORE she signed the spell would exhaust itself nonetheless. of COURSE now she has to win, but if she loses, whops she has signed that contract FOR NOTHING. Talk about fair deal! Doesn't that give King the right to intervene and END this charade?
Well then, if it's gonna end up that way, maybe Bailey shouldn't of signed the contract.
Sabrina is not the enemy here, she just has a headache. I'd be cranky to if I dude ran in the middle of something and gave me a headache. Yes, King is responsible for her headache.
Gren

Post by Gren »

Maybe it's just me but I think this strip is a metaphor about Rick's thoughts of this arc.
Rick is represented by Sabrina with a painful headache resulted from the everyday complaints. It would seem that he can't take this anymore as it was depicted by this sudden outburst.
First panel says that people is taking the whole Cosmic Game too seriously. He wanted to keep things as simple as possible but people wont stop making a big deal of it. Who cares if this fight is about some selfish demigods? This is not power rangers. No one here is fighting to save or destroy the world nor to ruin anyone's life. Unfortunately, Rick can't even add a dash of drama when there's no possible way to prevent people take things to heart.
Second and third panel stands for how he'd like to do things his way but instead he has to hear the voices of the nonconformist critics always telling him what to do. The critics are represented by King (grumpy complainer) and Rock (demanding people) while Tarot stands for the moderators and friends always supporting him and caring about his health.

Yeah, I know. Maybe I'm a bit crazy and this is just a big misunderstanding (or a coincidence?) but at least it has perfect sense in my head. After all, it's perfectly understandable if he feels this way when it's usual to see posts like the one of Valerio or IceKitsune. People will always take this comic more seriously than what they should. It amaze me how cruel and picky that people can be even though this is just a fictional silly story. What's the matter if Sabrina got carried away by her feelings? Isn't that what Bailey and King did? (Talking about hypocrisy). Weren't they supposed to represent teenagers? And you were expecting them to be fully logical? You can't be serious, guys.

PS: Valerio, I don't intend to offend you but seriously, you need to calm down. You're overly sensitive about this when you shouldn't give it that much importance. Just take it easy, man.
ImageImage
valerio

Post by valerio »

Gren wrote:Maybe it's just me but I think this strip is a metaphor about Rick's thoughts of this arc.
Rick is represented by Sabrina with a painful headache resulted from the everyday complaints. It would seem that he can't take this anymore as it was depicted by this sudden outburst.
First panel says that people is taking the whole Cosmic Game too seriously. He wanted to keep things as simple as possible but people wont stop making a big deal of it. Who cares if this fight is about some selfish demigods? This is not power rangers. No one here is fighting to save or destroy the world nor to ruin anyone's life. Unfortunately, Rick can't even add a dash of drama when there's no possible way to prevent people take things to heart.
Second and third panel stands for how he'd like to do things his way but instead he has to hear the voices of the nonconformist critics always telling him what to do. The critics are represented by King (grumpy complainer) and Rock (demanding people) while Tarot stands for the moderators and friends always supporting him and caring about his health.

Yeah, I know. Maybe I'm a bit crazy and this is just a big misunderstanding (or a coincidence?) but at least it has perfect sense in my head. After all, it's perfectly understandable if he feels this way when it's usual to see posts like the one of Valerio or IceKitsune. People will always take this comic more seriously than what they should. It amaze me how cruel and picky that people can be even though this is just a fictional silly story. What's the matter if Sabrina got carried away by her feelings? Isn't that what Bailey and King did? (Talking about hypocrisy). Weren't they supposed to represent teenagers? And you were expecting them to be fully logical? You can't be serious, guys.

PS: Valerio, I don't intend to offend you but seriously, you need to calm down. You're overly sensitive about this when you shouldn't give it that much importance. Just take it easy, man.
none taken. We agree on disagreeing, after all.

PS: And i still can't understand why can't you get it. I-am-not-criticizing-Rick-or-the-arc. I love this arc, it gives me feeling, and I react just like any reader would react to a good, well-characterized story. If I started reading it, 'oh, look, another silly strip *yawn*'. now THAT would be epic fail on Rick's side.
Washed your ears? Good!
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Gren wrote:Maybe it's just me but I think this strip is a metaphor about Rick's thoughts of this arc.

You, my friend, deserve a prize of some sorts. *applauds*
valerio wrote: none taken. We agree on disagreeing, after all.

PS: And i still can't understand why can't you get it. I-am-not-criticizing-Rick-or-the-arc. I love this arc, it gives me feeling, and I react just like any reader would react to a good, well-characterized story. If I started reading it, 'oh, look, another silly strip *yawn*'. now THAT would be epic fail on Rick's side.
Washed your ears? Good!
Well you sure have a funny way of showing it. Just saying. Image
Argent

Post by Argent »

Goforit wrote:Title Text: You have to understand, I AM still a cat
And he's a ferret. Ferrets have sharper teeth, and hunt animals bigger than them.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Gamewolf67

Post by Gamewolf67 »

Goforit wrote:[ Round the Camp Fire ]

Title Text: You have to understand, I AM still a cat

That headache actually looks painful...
Was she sweating or crying? It was hard to tell.
Feel my icy wrath!
Argent

Post by Argent »

valerio wrote:And then, what the heck is 'a better world' supposed to mean?!
Every animal species shrinks to 1/3 the size they are, leaving the plants alone, giving us 27 times the food and raw materials and 27 times less new pollution. The excess mass is distributed to everyone as a convenient box of refined pure chemicals neatly sorted and labelled. Like that "human as a chemical set" illustration in the back of old children's encyclopedias.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
valerio

Post by valerio »

Argent wrote:
Goforit wrote:Title Text: You have to understand, I AM still a cat
And he's a ferret. Ferrets have sharper teeth, and hunt animals bigger than them.
And the fact that them ferrets deal with high finance says you're SO right!

And I think she's crying: luckily, so far Rick got it right with cooling off in animals.

"Human as a chemical set."
For some reason, I LOVE this concept 8-)
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

OOH! Morals! I love it when people have discussions like these! :D

Sabrina, it would be impossible to just give you the power to make the world better. As people, the best we could do is (as mentioned before) do random acts of kindness, donating, ect. Doing any better would require miracles, which would require powers that of a god, which a deity would most likely never give to a mortal. You already have the power to make the world a better place, they may be small changes, but they are changes none the less. :)
ImageImageImageImage
gamepopper

Post by gamepopper »

I know she's seen from a distance, but Bailey looks amusing to me now she's no longer wearing the armour. She's wearing the scarf that is so long she has to carry it. XD

Also I think her legs are really short in the panel...at least compared to Fox standing not that far from her. O.o

As for the dialogue...yeah I'm with Gren with Sabrina representing Rick's views on the arc so far, that the Cosmic Game is going way out of hand.

Then again, Sabrina hasn't really gone through what King has...
valerio

Post by valerio »

CHAOKOCartoons wrote:OOH! Morals! I love it when people have discussions like these! :D

Sabrina, it would be impossible to just give you the power to make the world better. As people, the best we could do is (as mentioned before) do random acts of kindness, donating, ect. Doing any better would require miracles, which would require powers that of a god, which a deity would most likely never give to a mortal. You already have the power to make the world a better place, they may be small changes, but they are changes none the less. :)
well, there is the fact that Dragon *does* want to intervene in a gradual fashion, thus leaving open a lot of options with time. While Pete would just get ride of the problem he put himself in, since he made that promise if only to get free of his own prison.
Dragon's victory would imply at least that change wouldn't be forced.
On the other hand, it worries me that such decisions are taken over a GAME. I mean, if other and perhaps even more powerful Gods didn't intervene this far, there must be a reason other than "Nah, why care?"
Which leads one to ask self: Will the victory in this game ACTUALLY give the right to intervene -even if gradually- in the mortals' business?
Because the only official argument that came up in the Trial in Heaven arc was that the loser would spend a lifetime as mortal. I don't remember any mention about changing people's lives.
Ryusuta

Post by Ryusuta »

I think Sabrina is more than a little misguided. At best.