2014/08/15 - The Trying-To-Express Express

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Dissension

2014/08/15 - The Trying-To-Express Express

Post by Dissension »

[ The Trying-To-Express Express ]

Title Text: Man King that's a roundabout way of saying ''we don't need to work for the man''

I'm back again, you fools! You'll never get rid of me for real, bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha!

*giggles*

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
ConvoyWolf

Re: 2014/08/15 - The Trying-To-Express Express

Post by ConvoyWolf »

Ohhh King.........*hugs the corgi tight* Bravo good sir.....bravo.
Gbr23

Post by Gbr23 »

I wonder what Dragon and Pete are doing ...
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
Miles the Wolf

Post by Miles the Wolf »

I'm kind of sensing that Sabrina doesn't know that the Cosmic Nerds have ABSOLUTE JERKS!!! Also well said King, way to get the point across.
Also, does anyone else think that in panel 3 King looks like he's sitting in a 6 foot hole? :roll:
I'm thinking of starting a Fan Fiction, should I do it? Send me a PM with some ideas and names of characters!
Blood is red, the sky is blue, this knife is sharp, and your dead too!
RatHead

Post by RatHead »

Poor king, always getting over spoken by Tarot, when all he wants is to be his corgi self with his wife Bailey...

...and have stubby-legged husky puppies XD

and Yes ay'all, I'm back :D

"[ One of the letters in this sentence might be a link to the comic discussion thread, but I'll not divulge which (if any) because I am not a nice man! ]" You Liar! it wasn't a letter, it was the "]" symbol! :( (kidding around ofcourse... don't ban me :))
Last edited by RatHead on Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

HP! Messenger
Limp-in around eatin a dirty rubber Bizkit
Lucid_Dragon

Post by Lucid_Dragon »

Man, this one has all the feels...

Still, it's also a bit more evidence to a theory of mine. I had been waiting and seeing if my worst fear was going to come true or not...and I hope with everything in my heart that it isn't true.

I suspect the watch might have some time control powers...and it might reset everything to as it was. The only reason for this little scene is for King to speak to Bailey before he "undoes everything," thus sacrificing himself.

That said, while it isn't worth tearing each other apart for such wonderful things in life, isn't it worth FIGHTING for those things? If you ask me, I'd advise this group to take the fight to the cosmic nerds, and to find a way to make their OWN destiny.

I still have a mostly optimistic look on this whole situation, but I guess a smidge of fear has snuck in. I hope for the best...King and Bailey to remain a couple, Sabrina finding some peace in the world and her way back into Fido's arms, Fox getting himself a girlfriend (Sorry Sasha, you're not good enough for him), Tarot...well, she's already got Peanut, so whatever else she wants, and for a certain cobalt-feathered, cruel canary to get what's coming to him.

Can't wait to see how this arc goes. *eagerly watches*
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

The way I'm seeing it, Pete and Dragon don't care if Sabrina, Tarot, Bailey or King are hurt, they just want to prove which one has the bigger ego and which one is better. King, on the other hand (And based on a line from the marriage arc), is literally moving heaven just to get Bailey back to him cause that is all he wants right now and it's the first time, since he became a corgi, that he's been happy and he doesn't want to lose that. He and Bailey are meant for each other and Pete knows that, but he doesn't care. All he wants to do is to prove he's better then Dragon and will put both their lives in danger just to prove that point. It reminds me too much of what I've witness with a couple members of my family (who are no longer part of it).

As for Tarot...she REALLY needs to start taking the situation more serious then shes taking it now.
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

I truly wonder what this little guy's intentions are.
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!
ArcWolf
Just An Arc

Post by ArcWolf »

Don't you just hate it when you're in the middle of a deep
and introspective speech and someone
decides to ruin it with their introduction of "facts".
Just an Arc
ConvoyWolf

Post by ConvoyWolf »

ArcWolf wrote:Don't you just hate it when you're in the middle of a deep

I swear....Tarot really does not care at all for anyone.....at all.

And.....hold on.....Wheres Kings ring?!
Acritic2

Post by Acritic2 »

Lucid_Dragon wrote: I suspect the watch might have some time control powers...and it might reset everything to as it was. The only reason for this little scene is for King to speak to Bailey before he "undoes everything," thus sacrificing himself.
That said, while it isn't worth tearing each other apart for such wonderful things in life, isn't it worth FIGHTING for those things? If you ask me, I'd advise this group to take the fight to the cosmic nerds, and to find a way to make their OWN destiny.
I doubt they got a choice, Remember the contract thing? (https://www.housepetscomic.com/2014/04/ ... ligations/) It was sutle way of representing that they have no choice but to do as they say, so they can't fight against them. Their wills are bound except for King and Fox and the rest that are not followers and/or avatars.
Miles the Wolf

Post by Miles the Wolf »

ConvoyWolf wrote:
ArcWolf wrote:Don't you just hate it when you're in the middle of a deep

I swear....Tarot really does not care at all for anyone.....at all.

And.....hold on.....Wheres Kings ring?!
DUN... DUN... DDUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!
I'm sure Rick just forgot about it.
I'm thinking of starting a Fan Fiction, should I do it? Send me a PM with some ideas and names of characters!
Blood is red, the sky is blue, this knife is sharp, and your dead too!
D3ath_0ps

Post by D3ath_0ps »

Lucid_Dragon wrote: I suspect the watch might have some time control powers...and it might reset everything to as it was. The only reason for this little scene is for King to speak to Bailey before he "undoes everything," thus sacrificing himself.
That's actually a very interesting theory... O.O
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

You know thinking about Tarots reaction to Sabrina (and a few other things shes done in the comic) I wonder if she never really considered that anything the Nerds could do would be upsetting/seen as wrong to anyone else. I just kind of get that feeling from these last two strips.
D3ath_0ps wrote:
It would also be a pay off to the "No weird time junk" rule that Kitsune mentioned a while back.
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

D3ath_0ps wrote:
And a sad one if it were to come to pass. :( Everything that has happened since King entered the scene would be moot and history would be rewritten. Still, it'd be a creative way to prevent the cast from aging. :P
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

The power of freedom, Heaven sent,
the choice to create or to destroy.
The abilities given to their heroes
the heroes created as a gods toy.
Bailey fights her cause for love,
fighting for hope in all its' station.
Hers is the knowledge, from above,
for King she fights for creation.
Sabrina would make the world better -
her new world beginning construction -
but, to bring the world of light and hope,
she's become the avatar of destruction.
Things laid clear, they cannot give up,
they cannot relinquish the power.
What is the cause of the Pomeranian pup?
Can King be the hero of the hour?
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
ConvoyWolf

Post by ConvoyWolf »

D3ath_0ps wrote: I suspect the watch might have some time control powers...and it might reset everything to as it was. The only reason for this little scene is for King to speak to Bailey before he "undoes everything," thus sacrificing himself.
He loves Bailey enough to do that.
Douglas Collier

IceKitsune wrote:You know thinking about Tarots reaction to Sabrina (and a few other things shes done in the comic) I wonder if she never really considered that anything the Nerds could do would be upsetting/seen as wrong to anyone else. I just kind of get that feeling from these last two strips.
D3ath_0ps wrote:
It would also be a pay off to the "No weird time junk" rule that Kitsune mentioned a while back.
Kitsune also mentioned a reward at the end of the game. I wonder...
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
ConvoyWolf

Post by ConvoyWolf »

Douglas Collier wrote: Kitsune also mentioned a reward at the end of the game. I wonder...
They were all promised rewards for he/she at the end of the game depending on who wins im sure.
D3ath_0ps

Post by D3ath_0ps »

IceKitsune wrote: It would also be a pay off to the "No weird time junk" rule that Kitsune mentioned a while back.
That's also true...
Douglas Collier

ConvoyWolf wrote:
Douglas Collier wrote: Kitsune also mentioned a reward at the end of the game. I wonder...
They were all promised rewards for he/she at the end of the game depending on who wins im sure.
End doesn't necessarily mean win... but that's probably just me playing with semantics.
Acritic2

Post by Acritic2 »

ConvoyWolf wrote:
I just thought of something funny. Imagine if King found a way to get them all to win. meaning all them mortals with their rewards, and leaving the cosmic nerd to continue fighting but with out them in the line of fire.
Douglas Collier

Acritic2 wrote:
ConvoyWolf wrote:
I just thought of something funny. Imagine if King found a way to get them all to win. meaning all them mortals with their rewards, and leaving the cosmic nerd to continue fighting but with out them in the line of fire.
^ THIS :idea: :!: :)
Probably not going to happen though.
Last edited by Douglas Collier on Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
ConvoyWolf

Post by ConvoyWolf »

Douglas Collier wrote:
ConvoyWolf wrote:
End doesn't necessarily mean win... but that's probably just me playing with semantics.
Who knows. At any rate i think Tarot has her own motives for wantig the rules to be upheld and stuff.

Who knows though what the rewards are or what kings plan is.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Sadly, not everything can be given without strings. We all want it, getting what is good and what we want, but the fact of the matter is that many things we have to really strive for, overcome obstacles, face hardships, and it's not always a smooth or painless path.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Acritic2

Post by Acritic2 »

So since King's plan to have them all quit failed, what is he gonna do now?
I don't know about you all, but I got a hunch that watch is not only gonna be used to convince Keene to help him.

BTW I know this is a late question, but where did Karishad go?
Ryusuta

Post by Ryusuta »

Beautiful, King. Absolutely beautiful.
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Wait, is King calling out his wife for signing the contract, 8-) What have I been saying.
Though King still thinks that Dragon is an enemy, so he still needs some work.
And honestly, this seems like a sudden character change for King.
Gamewolf67

Post by Gamewolf67 »

Dissension wrote:[ The Trying-To-Express Express ]

Title Text: Man King that's a roundabout way of saying ''we don't need to work for the man''

I'm back again, you fools! You'll never get rid of me for real, bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha!

*giggles*
This proves Diss is a mastermind, but as I mentioned before I am already one step ahead.
Feel my icy wrath!
dryideabat

Post by dryideabat »

D3ath_0ps wrote:

I suspect the watch might have some time control powers...and it might reset everything to as it was. The only reason for this little scene is for King to speak to Bailey before he "undoes everything," thus sacrificing himself.
Between that and the missing ring on his finger, that seems like a very real depressing possibility (like taking "the easy way out" in a cosmic game with check points). Though, truth be told, nothing in life that's worth having comes easy. I'd say fight-on and find some way of tricking Pete into a new deal with the help of all of these new toys (and maybe a drink laced with orange soda).
WhoElseButQuagmire

Post by WhoElseButQuagmire »

ConvoyWolf wrote:
D3ath_0ps wrote: I suspect the watch might have some time control powers...and it might reset everything to as it was. The only reason for this little scene is for King to speak to Bailey before he "undoes everything," thus sacrificing himself.
Time goes back to the moment Joel is opening the door to PETA headquarters to answer the help wanted ad, but this time he sees an oddly familiar woman wearing an aqua colored scarf, and decides to go talk to her instead....
Argent

Post by Argent »

Lucid_Dragon wrote:I suspect the watch might have some time control powers...and it might reset everything to as it was. The only reason for this little scene is for King to speak to Bailey before he "undoes everything," thus sacrificing himself.
That would make the last five years of Housepets! a dream. Take that, Dallas!
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Revenile

Post by Revenile »

I think the ring missing is just a minor oversight, he was clearly wearing it only two comics ago (Time Out, Take Two). Then again I'm not the artist, so I couldn't say. I'm more interested in how much time that cloaking lantern thingy King used has before they're able to be seen by the Demi-Nerds again.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Somewhere, Max is probably screaming "Oh, come on! Who is pouting?!?"

Well, King ~ you ruined your cool moment with that speech. The hat and the silent treatment was rubbing off on me. X3

And Diss ~ you will never leave. NEVER!
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
WhoElseButQuagmire

Post by WhoElseButQuagmire »

Argent wrote:
Lucid_Dragon wrote:I suspect the watch might have some time control powers...and it might reset everything to as it was. The only reason for this little scene is for King to speak to Bailey before he "undoes everything," thus sacrificing himself.
That would make the last five years of Housepets! a dream. Take that, Dallas!

We finally see Earl Sandwich's face....and it's Bob Newhart!
gamepopper

Post by gamepopper »

WhoElseButQuagmire wrote:
ConvoyWolf wrote:
Time goes back to the moment Joel is opening the door to PETA headquarters to answer the help wanted ad, but this time he sees an oddly familiar woman wearing an aqua colored scarf, and decides to go talk to her instead....
To me that would sound like something Rick would do when Housepets ends. I don't want it to end yet. T_T
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

gamepopper wrote: To me that would sound like something Rick would do when Housepets ends. I don't want it to end yet. T_T
Nah, could be done without it being the ending. I mean King ain't the main character, so it wouldn't be ending material.
gamepopper

Post by gamepopper »

SuperStar wrote:
gamepopper wrote: To me that would sound like something Rick would do when Housepets ends. I don't want it to end yet. T_T
Nah, could be done without it being the ending. I mean King ain't the main character, so it wouldn't be ending material.
Yeah but compared to all the supporting characters, King is definitely the biggest. To me, King has the most stakes and most character development, more so than Peanut, Grape, Tarot, Sabrina and Max.

To me that ending idea, even if it wouldn't be the end of Housepets, it would be the end of King, and that's a lot to lose for the series as a whole.
Argent

Post by Argent »

I think Rick is kind of worried that HP! is becoming "King and the rest" already, which is why he's bringing this meta-arc to a close.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Argent wrote:I think Rick is kind of worried that HP! is becoming "King and the rest" already, which is why he's bringing this meta-arc to a close.
I don't know if that is part of his reasoning (we know most of it is because hes tired of people hating on the arc and arguing about it) but I do have to say that really it kind of has become that at this point. Its the issue with only having one ongoing storyline for 5 years, more if you want to say it started when Pete first showed up instead of just King.