2014/09/03 - As the Good Book Says

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Goforit
Weather Wizard

2014/09/03 - As the Good Book Says

Post by Goforit »

[ As the Good Book Says ]

Title Text: The book of fate was a thing that appeared one like two years ago; if you don't get it, then it's not that important. CONTINUITY

I wonder what would happen if you were to, say, scribble notes in the book of fate... don't know what makes me wonder that.
Ask me about the weather.

Avatar by the amazing cartoonist Hukley!
Felixthestoat

Re: 2014/09/03 - As the Good Book Says

Post by Felixthestoat »

Totally not based on the Death Note. :D
KingFan202

Post by KingFan202 »

THAT FOX FACE. So many emotions and awesome in it xD

What does he mean though? Was he hoping the teenage brats would learn something from this?

King as Red (Pokemon) Avatar By CHAOKOCartoons!
ImageImage
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Kitsune, the real talk guy :D
ImageImageImageImage
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Dang, Kitsune, keep your last face. That one looks so evil!

So there was a loophole that allowed Kitsune to work with Tarot? I started thinking it wasn't Dragon a few strips ago, when she seemed flustered over King disappearing.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Felixthestoat wrote:Totally not based on the Death Note. :D
see I'm confused. cause it looks like he used the same font last time the book was shown, but it was gold font on a brown book. So it was like a life note before I guess?
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Gbr23

Post by Gbr23 »

#TeamKitsune
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
Felixthestoat

Post by Felixthestoat »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
see I'm confused. cause it looks like he used the same font last time the book was shown, but it was gold font on a brown book. So it was like a life note before I guess?
Can't say that I know for sure! Could just be our comrade, Rick, decided to change its style.
Stuff.

Post by Stuff. »

KingFan202 wrote:THAT FOX FACE. So many emotions and awesome in it xD
...Who made this fantastic thing

Also, for the record, can I just say? Kitsune is still the best character. Like, seriously, wow.
*cough*
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Kitsune is as sick of all this as everyone else is. However it kind of looks like his plan to teach them anything has failed.
WhoElseButQuagmire

Post by WhoElseButQuagmire »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
Wizard did it.
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

What does he mean though? Was he hoping the teenage brats would learn something from this?

Well, I know I've learned something from this... KING IS A KEYBLADE MASTER!!!!! :o
Stuff. wrote: ...Who made this fantastic thing
That would be 7THeaven on deviantART, here's a link to the image location: http://chaokocartoons.deviantart.com/ar ... -190622047
ImageImageImageImage
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

Oh boy :o GK is pulling out the big gun now! I wonder what GK is going to do with the Book Of Fates (I forget EXACTLY what is does though). So if Dragon didn't give Tarot the Lamp, that means GK gave her the lamp...I THINK I KNOW WHAT THE LAMP IS! From what I gathered: The lamp is somehow tied to both Pete and Dragon, which could mean that the lamp is actually a soul-keeper of shorts. If Pete and Dragon are to become mortals, that lamp will hold their immortal bodies for the time until their time as being mortals is up. So, if I figured this out correctly, the lamp is like a genies lamp (I think, like I said I'm taking a WILD guess here, based on what I just read)
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

The thing made the mortals invisible to Pete and the Spirit Dragon.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Dissension wrote:The thing made the mortals invisible to Pete and the Spirit Dragon.
Oh. :oops: Whoops, forgot. Still, I kinda like my theory a bit, but whoops.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Xane wrote:You're overthinking it. He probably wrote down something basic, like "If Pete and Dragon don't learn to play nice before the game ends, then they both lose the game."
...yeah I'm probably am. I've been known to over-think things, so yeah.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

He is a grand trickster, the handsome Kitsune!

One in quiet contemplation
and the other in total despair;
One looking for her consolation,
the other wishing he wasn't there.
Daryl pleasantly supping vanilla shake
as Cameron films all their ills;
as magic items do rattle and quake
and a soda jerk wonders who pays the bills.
Kitsune's been playing for the NPC's
shaping the game towards his win
shaping the game for the good he sees.
So both players punishment can begin.
Reacting against all the arrogance,
the bluster, the noise and the fury
quieting things to give fate a chance
with himself as judge without Jury.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Gesque

Post by Gesque »

Yeeeeeeeees!

At least part of my last prediction was right This WAS Great Kitsune trying to teach Pete and Dragon a lesson!

Anyone who plays roleplaying games knows the look that Kitsune has on his Face in Panel 3 all too well. That's the face of a GM who is about to reveal his hand to his desperate, unsuspecting players.

Bravo, Great Kitsune. You are truly a master of your craft!
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

I love how Tarot had a hand in it. Her knack of being ahead of the curve is just so darn cute.

I have a hunch that Pete and Dragon when they turn mortal, they will be the first ever human gryphon/dragon to walk the earth. I think that's what the Book of Fate or the Lantern are there for ~ To drain them of all their mana and power to the point of being mere mortals.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Gesque

Post by Gesque »

IceKitsune wrote:Kitsune is as sick of all this as everyone else is. However it kind of looks like his plan to teach them anything has failed.
No. Great Kitsune's not wearing a face of defeat in panel 3. That's a GM's face of retribution. Great Kitsune was hoping that Pete and Dragon would come to their senses before he had to unleash the Book of Fate on them, but now that its 5,000 years later and they haven't, well, now its time to pay the piper, so to speak.

But oh, how satisfying this will be....
Xane wrote:Something tells me Kitsune is enjoying Pete not learning his lesson more than if he had.

Of course that kind of makes Kitsune the overall supreme jerk for setting all this into motion to begin with! ;)
You can't be a good GM without being a bit of a jerk sometimes. It comes with the hat. And the dice. And the screen.

Mod Edit: Don't double post. Use the edit button to say more if your post is the latest
WhoElseButQuagmire

Friday's plot twist: 1st panel Someone reads from behind a Dungeon Master's book "47..... Great Kinsune pulls out ---- The Book of Fate!" ..Pull back to see that the speaker is Joey ( with the same expression as GK). His Creepy Friends complain that their characters 'Pete', 'Dragon' and 'Cerb' aren't getting a fair shake ("Aw man, the book of fate ploy AGAIN?!?") We realize that there never was any Joel; and that King, Tarot and Sabrina are just normal neighborhood pets used as side characters in the quest, and that the whole arc from the beginning was just J & HCF's regular D & D game session.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Gesque wrote:
IceKitsune wrote:Kitsune is as sick of all this as everyone else is. However it kind of looks like his plan to teach them anything has failed.
No. Great Kitsune's not wearing a face of defeat in panel 3. That's a GM's face of retribution. Great Kitsune was hoping that Pete and Dragon would come to their senses before he had to unleash the Book of Fate on them, but now that its 5,000 years later and they haven't, well, now its time to pay the piper, so to speak.

But oh, how satisfying this will be....
That's kind of what I mean, he meant for them to learn how not to be jerks but it ended up failing, so he has to pull out his trump card now. Its not that he is upset that it failed (as he had a back up plan for it anyway) I was just saying his original plan (without the book) failed.
Gren

Post by Gren »

Yeah! Now THAT was unexpected! I'm finally starting to enjoy this arc! :D
So if Kitsune was able to interact with Tarot, doesn't that means he could have turned King back into a human if he wanted to? Which means King got troll'd by him back then at the Dog days of summer. :roll:

Oh Tarot, that harshness... YOU'RE THE BEST! She's so adorable even when she's mean. One of the reasons why she's one of my favorites.
WhoElseButQuagmire wrote:Friday's plot twist: 1st panel Someone reads from behind a Dungeon Master's book "47..... Great Kinsune pulls out ---- The Book of Fate!" ..Pull back to see that the speaker is Joey ( with the same expression as GK). His Creepy Friends complain that their characters 'Pete', 'Dragon' and 'Cerb' aren't getting a fair shake ("Aw man, the book of fate ploy AGAIN?!?") We realize that there never was any Joel; and that King, Tarot and Sabrina are just normal neighborhood pets used as side characters in the quest, and that the whole arc from the beginning was just J & HCF's regular D & D game session.
Oh god please make this happen! That would make of Rick the biggest troll ever. :lol:
ImageImage
KingFan202

Post by KingFan202 »

CHAOKOCartoons wrote:

Well, I know I've learned something from this... KING IS A KEYBLADE MASTER!!!!! :o
Stuff. wrote: ...Who made this fantastic thing
That would be 7THeaven on deviantART, here's a link to the image location: http://chaokocartoons.deviantart.com/ar ... -190622047
I thought you guys would like it. So i posted it lol
Since the arc is about king as well
King as Red (Pokemon) Avatar By CHAOKOCartoons!
ImageImage
Ryusuta

Post by Ryusuta »

All of the frustration and years of waiting are finally coming to one HECK of a payoff. *Applauds*
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Gren wrote:
WhoElseButQuagmire wrote:Friday's plot twist: 1st panel Someone reads from behind a Dungeon Master's book "47..... Great Kinsune pulls out ---- The Book of Fate!" ..Pull back to see that the speaker is Joey ( with the same expression as GK). His Creepy Friends complain that their characters 'Pete', 'Dragon' and 'Cerb' aren't getting a fair shake ("Aw man, the book of fate ploy AGAIN?!?") We realize that there never was any Joel; and that King, Tarot and Sabrina are just normal neighborhood pets used as side characters in the quest, and that the whole arc from the beginning was just J & HCF's regular D & D game session.
Oh god please make this happen! That would make of Rick the biggest troll ever. :lol:
I feel I've said this before, but are you sure you want Rick to pull a "Dallas"?

...though that would still be hilarious. Really mean, but hilarious.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

That'd be a great premise for a "something's not right, here" alternate reality arc where everyone forgets who they are: King is a normal dog in the neighborhood with a family, Sabrina and Max are still dating, and Dragon and Pete are bickering siblings - or at least that's what they think, until they find clues of the true reality of what's going on. Meanwhile, Poom is watching...:shock:
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Why is Kitsune constantly emitting so much Awesome!? :lol:
If you listen carefully you can hear Pete's mind snap. :P
The nine-tailed Kitsune of England.
I am Kyuunado Fureatsurī!
Want to talk? PM me or message at [email protected] and add me on Google+
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Oh great, is Kistune just as bad as the others now?
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

SuperStar wrote:Oh great, is Kistune just as bad as the others now?
He seems, to me, to have been on the mortals side all along. So not a baddie in my book.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
TendoTwo

Post by TendoTwo »

The only reason I even remember that thing is because someone in the forums linked the strip it appeared in a few days ago...
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:
SuperStar wrote:Oh great, is Kistune just as bad as the others now?
He seems, to me, to have been on the mortals side all along. So not a baddie in my book.
Yeah, but it seems like he has stolen the book of fate and altered it, or something along those lines.
Argent

Post by Argent »

All the other magical books that make what you write in them real are based on Death Note too.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
valerio

Post by valerio »

SuperStar wrote:Yeah, but it seems like he has stolen the book of fate and altered it, or something along those lines.
Lord Bahamut already stated that a BOOK OF FATE cannot be written with malicious intents
Plus, Pete would have had a serious point there, had Kitsune stolen it, which isn't the case. Case in point, Pete tried to steal Joel's fate JUST to override what was written in the BOF. And it appears that the happily-ever-after is written in that book...with Pete out of the equation.
Argent

Post by Argent »

But what about Bailey?

OK, you win a couple of Internets for this, but this kind of super-delayed "it was all a dream" schtick worked for Dallas because the writers had completely messed up the plot and it was a bravura maneuver that saved the show. Rick doesn't need that kind of trick, and I don't think he's enough of a jerk to do it.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
WhoElseButQuagmire

Argent wrote:
But what about Bailey?

OK, you win a couple of Internets for this, but this kind of super-delayed "it was all a dream" schtick worked for Dallas because the writers had completely messed up the plot and it was a bravura maneuver that saved the show. Rick doesn't need that kind of trick, and I don't think he's enough of a jerk to do it.

I hope everyone realizes I was just kidding.

Or was I?......

Yes, I was.
jrh150482

Post by jrh150482 »

Did anyone notice the Princess Bride reference Rick snuck in there?

You win an Internet, Rick Griffin.

P.S.: The "Pete" tag is missing.
*in Christopher Walken style*

I have a fever... and the only prescription... is more Kingley!
typomouse

Post by typomouse »

jrh150482 wrote:Did anyone notice the Princess Bride reference Rick snuck in there?

You win an Internet, Rick Griffin.

P.S.: The "Pete" tag is missing.

That reference is the whole reason I signed up for an account to commen. :D I am in love with Rick for that one. And can't stop snickering at Tarot for using it. :D
Jamonius

Post by Jamonius »

Ah backup plans, nice to see Kitsune had one as well. Wonder what that thing Kitsune gave Tarot will do when Pete and Dragon's time runs out.
herobrineharry

Post by herobrineharry »

This will end well...
Forward, the Light Brigade!'
Was there a man dismay'd?
Not tho'(though) the soldiers knew
  Some one had blunder'd:
Theirs not to make reply,
Theirs not to reason why,
Theirs but to do and die:
Into the valley of Death