Chat Thread 41: Mod Maker

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Re: Chat Thread 41: Mod Maker

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

for a while I used Rocketfish earbuds but Best Buy stopped carrying the model I liked.
Then I moved to sony, but the wiring screwed up too easily and a week or two after buying them the volume in one of the ears reduced so that I had trouble hearing even with the volume turned all the way up on my computer.

I bought a pair of these as a cheap pair to hold me when those broke until I could get a better pair.
but these are lasting me longer than either of the Sony pairs I had did. The wire is exposed in a couple places, but I just put duct tape to cover them up.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Really? Your Sony ones didn't last?

I have some semi-cheap ($19.99) Sony ones that the wiring is all twisted up on and have caught a dropped MP3 player once or twice that still work fine. They're actually my favorite earbuds and I have a second pair of the same model that I take much better care of. Either you're pretty tough on your stuff or the particular kind you bought just doesn't stand up well to anything.

While, as mentioned above, I use earbuds, I do prefer headphones and stick to them when I'm not moving around. My favorite are these: iFrogz Ronin They're super comfortable and stay on well. County music sounds like garbage on them honestly, but everything else I listen to sounds great.

Sadly, as I went to link them in the official iFrogz website, it seems they no longer offer them. I had to preform a Google image search so I could show you guys. All the more reason I don't get stuff from iFrogz/Zagg anymore. They used to be pretty cool, but then they separated their website(s) and removed a ton of neat products (Some weren't really that old). When they did that, they also removed their loyalty program and I almost lost $30 in electronic giftcards that I was saving for when I got a new phone so I could buy a screen protector and a case. I had to call them because it seems I was never alerted about that, and then I had to Email them because I was never Emailed my replacement giftcards, at which point I finally got my money, used it on a screen protector, and vowed never to use them again.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

these were cheap $10 ones.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I can't even stand earbuds. I don't want things stuck in my ears while listening to music.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Same problem. I got to have headphones. Preferably headphones that have leather around the speakers.
Jacey
Location: inside a miniture submarine that is orbiting the earth.

Post by Jacey »

the headphones I use for my computer are from 2012 and still seem to work well. I think the brand is "gamecom" or at least thats what's on the headphones.
Though I do have some ear buds for when I am out and doing things. usually just some soft $10 ones that dont hurt as much when I wear them
RP Characters:
[All have gone on vacation]
ArcWolf
Just An Arc

Post by ArcWolf »

Got free headphones at uni today!
Just an Arc
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

Yay!
how are they?
RP Characters:
ArcWolf
Just An Arc

Post by ArcWolf »

Pretty decent!
Just an Arc
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I might need to get new headphones also since my left speaker is starting to die.
Radio Blue Heart

Post by Radio Blue Heart »

I once got a set of Earcandy brand headphones that cost about $40. They broke and I had to replace them. They honored the warranty but they kept breaking until I gave up on them. I have since got a brand called Slick for about $10 and they have lasted 4 years so far.
Sleet wrote:I can't even stand earbuds. I don't want things stuck in my ears while listening to music.

Especially the hard plastic ones. They start to hurt after and minute or two. And it hard to share them. Who wants to put one in when it is all waxy.
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

See, I'm the other way around. I tend to prefer earphones because the headphones squeeze your head and that starts to hurt me after a while. I don't like the earbuds that sit right down inside your ear though. I like the ones that just sit in the outside of your ear, if that makes any sense.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Mickey the Luxray
Location: Why-Cant-We-Be-Given-Some-Consarned-Snow-Ville, USA

Post by Mickey the Luxray »

Hlaoroo wrote:See, I'm the other way around. I tend to prefer earphones because the headphones squeeze your head and that starts to hurt me after a while. I don't like the earbuds that sit right down inside your ear though. I like the ones that just sit in the outside of your ear, if that makes any sense.
You like the on-ear variant then. Personally I prefer over-ear (the big ones) because on-ears tend to squeeze my ears and cramp them (the clip-on type being a notable exception). Plus the over-ears I get usually have big plush padding so that the drivers sit just outside my ear.
If you want my number, it's #804080.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Not quite. I like this:
and not this:
The big soft headphones that cup your ears are nice but the harder ones that just sit on your ears and squeeze I don't like as much.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

Hlaoroo, do you have the pictures mixed up?
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

He does not. In earbuds, he likes the ones that do not go far into the ear; in earphones, he likes over-the-ear, rather than on-ear.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Douglas Collier

Ok. The part about him not liking the hard ones threw me.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Dissension wrote:He does not. In earbuds, he likes the ones that do not go far into the ear; in earphones, he likes over-the-ear, rather than on-ear.
What Diss said. Sorry for the confusion. I need to learn the tech jargon. :P
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

I have a pair of Sony on-ear headphones that are my second choice ones when I don't have access to my iFrogz ones. Which isn't often. They're actually pretty soft and very lightweight so they don't hurt after a while.

It also helps if you adjust them right. :P I know what parts of my ear will start hurting if I can feel the headphone on them, so I have to make sure they're sitting on my head right.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Mickey the Luxray

Hlaoroo wrote:Not quite. I like this:
and not this:
The big soft headphones that cup your ears are nice but the harder ones that just sit on your ears and squeeze I don't like as much.
Oh, I see! Thanks for clarifying.

I'm actually the inverse on earbuds- for some reason, my ears are weird and the hard earbuds refuse to stay put. Ever.
Even when I'm sitting completely still, the earbuds still slip out (and usually cause a lot of aching and sometimes even a nick as they do so). So the ones with the rubber domes are the only ones I find usable.

Although I've found that my long hair is enough to conceal bandless on-ears (the ones that clip on to your ears, like these), so I may not be using earbuds as often anymore. C|
Douglas Collier

Mickey the Luxray wrote:I'm actually the inverse on earbuds- for some reason, my ears are weird and the hard earbuds refuse to stay put. Ever.
Even when I'm sitting completely still, the earbuds still slip out (and usually cause a lot of aching and sometimes even a nick as they do so). So the ones with the rubber domes are the only ones I find usable.
Same here (at least as a human ;) ).
ArcWolf
Just An Arc

Post by ArcWolf »

It has come to my attention that Hershey's Candy Corn is a real thing.
Just an Arc
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I saw it at the market today. I was afraid to buy it because I didn't know if it tasted good or not.
Mickey the Luxray

ArcWolf wrote:It has come to my attention that Hershey's Candy Corn is a real thing.
If it's actually chocolate flavored, they best be using real cocoa. Artificial chocolate flavor tastes NOTHING like the real thing...
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Mickey the Luxray wrote:
ArcWolf wrote:It has come to my attention that Hershey's Candy Corn is a real thing.
If it's actually chocolate flavored, they best be using real cocoa. Artificial chocolate flavor tastes NOTHING like the real thing...
it's not candy corn made by hershey, it's basically their cookies n creme bar with candy corn bits instead of cookie bits.
Douglas Collier wrote:
Mickey the Luxray wrote:I'm actually the inverse on earbuds- for some reason, my ears are weird and the hard earbuds refuse to stay put. Ever.
Same here (at least as a human ;) ).
hooray for the weird ear shape club
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Mickey the Luxray

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
Mickey the Luxray wrote:
it's not candy corn made by hershey, it's basically their cookies n creme bar with candy corn bits instead of cookie bits.
Oh, well that doesn't sound too bad. Might try it myself sometime soon.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I might try it, though it doesn't sound that good in my opinion.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Hey guys! I decided to join the chat.

On the subject of earphones, I like headphones that go over my head.
I'm okay with these earphones
Because they don't rely on suction cups to hold in your ears, like these ones
These here, I've never in my life been able to listen to anything with both of them in my ears. One ALWAYS falls out, and its just too annoying.

The ones where you just slip it into your ear, I'm completely fine with because it feels like its just resting in your ear, not trying to crawl in and make your head their new nest.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Those are suction cups? I thought they were a failed attempt at padding.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Those are suction cups? I thought they were a failed attempt at padding.
That actually might be it, but it looks like an inverted suction cup.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

They look like it, don't they? They sit inside the ear canal. I don't find them comfortable at all. They're supposed to be better for noise cancelling. They also do a lot more damage to your ears though.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Thats a bad thing in my house with parents constantly calling for you to change the channel with the tv remote lost.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I had no idea those were suction cups. I just assumed they were padding.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

I doubt they're for suction. I can't help but think that would would be dangerous (more so than earbuds already are).

Not to mention they do have that padding (which is what I assume it is) in some earbuds made out of memory foam. Not a material well known for it's suction ability. :roll:
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

I did have a pair once that acted like suction cups. They were the best noise cancelling earbuds ever. Sadly they feel pray to my neighbors cat.
RP Characters:
Mickey the Luxray

Hlaoroo wrote:They look like it, don't they? They sit inside the ear canal. I don't find them comfortable at all. They're supposed to be better for noise cancelling. They also do a lot more damage to your ears though.

I've found there's a certain point where the padded earbuds are supposed to sit- they usually get louder when they find that distance, so there's the indicator. It's MUCH more comfortable that way.

I think they're supposed to sit just inside the ear canal, not be pushed in. Either way, the padding still grips my ears well, so I'm good C:
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Yeah I would stick a fork in my ears before I would put those is my ears.
InDaZone1219

Post by InDaZone1219 »

I use headphones and the ones that go into ear canal.
A steady, but luminous glow of power in the dark
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

So... anyone wanna talk fursuits?
HNI_0044_MPO.JPG
HNI_0044_MPO.JPG (86.77 KiB) Viewed 8212 times
This fur is perfect for Blizzard (my fursona)!
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

I don't like these two designs as they both fall out of my ears all the time. I use them in bed to listen to audiobooks before sleeping and it's pretty annoying if you need to put them back in position every 30 seconds.
ImageImage

I've got a pair of these since one year now, and use them every night. The left one has a loose connection now and I need to replace them... I want the same thing again, as I can barely remember to have lost one of them during the night.

MrNeonShot wrote:So... anyone wanna talk fursuits?
We already have a fursuit-thread here. I think discussions about that should go there.
ImageIf life gives you lemons, ask for salt and tequila.

Image Image
ImageImageImage