Little suggestion

What are we doing!?
Lintharix

Little suggestion

Post by Lintharix »

Well, due to the fact that I see the board index a bit "empty" (calling it that way), it wouldn't be bad to have a forum or sub-forum for other languages. (and maybe another for suggestions? dunno)

¿What do you think?
A doctor would tell me to cheer up, since I'm a bit depressive. ¿What do I think? I don't need that #&@%, I have been under heavy stress for 5 years, I'M SUPPOSED TO REACT LIKE THIS.
JeffCvt

Re: Little suggestion

Post by JeffCvt »

The big problem for that is we would have a tough time managing it.

Assuming that we even have enough general users that speak another language to justify starting their own sub-forum, there's no guarantee there'd be enough that we'd be able to find someone who would be willing or able to moderate it.

While we do have a large number of people who speak other languages on this forum, we have a majority of people who only speak English. If someone joins this forum, it's expected that they know English. If we start making forums dedicated to other languages, we then open the door for people who do not speak English language to join, and that becomes a problem with them reading and understanding the rules, interacting with mods, and a lot of other things like that.

As long as Housepets is an English comic, we have no reason, nor does it even make sense, to go through the troubles that making this a multi-language forum would be.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Lintharix

Post by Lintharix »

Well, I didn't think it well looks like. :oops:
Sorry, I can't discuss your points, you are completely right :lol:
Dank yuc
A doctor would tell me to cheer up, since I'm a bit depressive. ¿What do I think? I don't need that #&@%, I have been under heavy stress for 5 years, I'M SUPPOSED TO REACT LIKE THIS.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Is there a way we can make subforums viewable from the main index in that we can see whether or not that there are no posts? Right now we can only see them as clickable links, and not like we can see the other boards that let us know if there are new posts.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

actually the subforum links on the index page should turn red if there's a new post in them.
edit: or rather, there's a little red triangle in the circle next to the link if there's a new post
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Oh wow I did not even notice that. I thought that there was nothing to indicate new posts.
ArcWolf
Just An Arc

Post by ArcWolf »

Just an Arc
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Oh look at that. A Spanish version of Housepets!