Housepets Halloween

Discuss the comic here
Saturn381

Housepets Halloween

Post by Saturn381 »

Found this one on Rick's Storenvy account. It may not be Halloween anymore, but it's still awesome.

Be sure to check out Rick's Storenvy account.

http://rickgriffin.storenvy.com/collect ... l-products
Amazee Dayzee

Re: Housepets Halloween

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Yay! It has Kevin in it which automatically makes it better!
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Peanut- Tinman
Tarot- Scarecrow
Grape- Cow
Max- Butcher
Fido- Hell's Angel
Sabrina- Heaven's Angel
(Spo- Pirate)
King- Superman?
Fox- Cowboy?
Fiddler and Keys- KISS
Kevin- Peter Pan
Zach(and Simon?)- Neo from Matrix?
Last edited by SuperStar on Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
deepskycyan

Post by deepskycyan »

Hehe, Sabrina-The-Angel, oh!
"Reality continues to ruin my life." -B. Watterson
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

SuperStar wrote:Mr Bigglesworth and Mr Bigglesworth- KISS
I'm pretty sure that's Fiddler and Keys
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Kevin is Peter Pan. Robin Hood's knife is too long and the Green Arrow's knife is curved. Peter Pan's dagger seems just right.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/--iKwZiN_BrM/T ... terPan.jpg
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Douglas Collier wrote:
SuperStar wrote:Mr Bigglesworth and Mr Bigglesworth- KISS
I'm pretty sure that's Fiddler and Keys
Holy cow you're right! It's been over 2 years since we last saw them!
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

This beautiful artwork image was posted in October on Rick's Patreon page, for first, but this one now on his Storenvy is a bit bigger. BTW, awesome work! :D

Yes, those two cats are Fiddler and Keys, and this is the first time they're drawn with the current (4th) design style.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I just can't get over how adorable Kevin looks as Peter Pan!
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I'm surprised Rick didn't take the opportunity to go all Homestar Runner on the costumes. :P
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Liam

Post by Liam »

SuperStar wrote: Fido- Hell's Angel
(Spo- Pirate)
Mad Max and an eyepatched Mad Max character?
King- Superman?
King as... a king with royal robe?
Kevin- Peter Pan
I wanted to put Link in the candidate pool, but he doesn't wear a feather, does he?
Zach(and Simon?)- Neo from Matrix?
That-one-anime persons. Lucky Star? Code Geass?
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it." - Upton Sinclair
Wanderer wrote:You don't need a job, you need money.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Yeah he doesn't wear a feather and his sword is much bigger. Peter Pan fits with Kevin since when he is not policing, he's sort of childlike.
dtlux1

Post by dtlux1 »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Kevin is Peter Pan. Robin Hood's knife is too long and the Green Arrow's knife is curved. Peter Pan's dagger seems just right.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/--iKwZiN_BrM/T ... terPan.jpg
SO MANY CHARACTERS IN GREEN COSTUMES! I would have never even thought if Peter Pan. :D
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Well SuperStar was the one that guessed right.
MrBlueSky7

Re: 2014/10/31 - Pop (Rocks) Culture

Post by MrBlueSky7 »

So, a couple of weeks ago, there was a thread made on the Main Comics section of the board featuring a nice piece of art Rick made involving some of the Characters out Trick or Treating. It's been locked, unfortunately (I guess it was too dated to talk about), so if it's OK, I wanted to pick up from that thread and briefly mention something regarding said artwork (which is a gorgeous piece, btw):

Why isn't Bailey and Sasha in the picture? It's kinda odd to see them left out in a manner (but a little understandable, space restrictions and whatnot).
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Rick either didn't have ideas for those characters or didn't want to draw them. It's his bonus art, after all, and he typically draws these things for fun.

Also, please refrain from posting unrelated material in a comic's discussion thread. If you want to post in a closed thread, you may either PM a moderator or start a new topic. Comic threads are for talking about a specific strip.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
MrBlueSky7

Post by MrBlueSky7 »

Well, Sorry, but it was the only Halloween related thing I could find here. Plus, why was this thread locked in the first place? Looks pretty harmless to me.
Amazee Dayzee

Housepets Halloween

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

When exactly was this thread locked? I thought it was always open to new posts?
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

MrBlueSky7 wrote:Well, Sorry, but it was the only Halloween related thing I could find here.
We understand your reasoning for posting in another thread, but we're still asking you to refrain from doing this in the future. No need to become defensive, you're not under attack. And no need to try to justify your actions, we've already told you what the preferred response was. Just take it to heart so that nothing need be moved or modded at all for next time. ;)
MrBlueSky7 wrote:Plus, why was this thread locked in the first place? Looks pretty harmless to me.
In its more general form, this question would actually be really great in the Ask a Mod thread. I hope you don't mind I've taken the liberty of answering it there. :D
MrBlueSky7

Post by MrBlueSky7 »

Obbl wrote:
MrBlueSky7 wrote:Well, Sorry, but it was the only Halloween related thing I could find here.
We understand your reasoning for posting in another thread, but we're still asking you to refrain from doing this in the future. No need to become defensive, you're not under attack. And no need to try to justify your actions, we've already told you what the preferred response was. Just take it to heart so that nothing need be moved or modded at all for next time. ;)
I understand y'all's understanding, but he could have asked in a more polite manner (it came off as bitter and being talked down to), so yes I do feel like I was attacked, and it hurts me deeply. I was only making a statement, not a complaint.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Learn to appreciate polite instruction and correction. It is your friend. ;)
Dissension wrote:Also, please refrain from posting unrelated material in a comic's discussion thread.
Because you posted unrelated material in a comic's discussion thread, it appears that you either are unaware of the rules to keep conversation on topic, or believe yourself to be above said rules, or believe you can choose to ignore said rules if you decide the need is great enough. Diss politely informs you that, regardless of your reason, we don't want you to do this. This is not bitter nor condescending. It is simple correction. Something that can only be assumed to be necessary given the facts.
Dissension wrote:If you want to post in a closed thread, you may either PM a moderator or start a new topic.
Rather than leave you on simple chastisement, Diss also went further to give you the expected proper behavior in the given situation. This is kind and helpful and where the real difference between good criticism and bad criticism can be seen. This person wants you to succeed and gives you the tools to do so.

Blunt honesty is a good thing because it doesn't beat around the bush. You posted something where it did not belong in violation of the rules that keep the forums running smoothly. That's not to attack you personally. That's just fact. History can be cruel that way. But what's nice is when someone takes the time to gently inform you of what you did wrong and tell you how you could do it right in the future. If you want to read correction in a bitter and patronizing manner, you may, but it will make life harder than if you graciously accept correction.
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

Guys, let me say this again. Ninety nine times out of ten, you are not being attacked, assaulted, castigated or sneered at when you are here. We run a very friendly place. When you are being attacked, believe me, you will know it.