17th Century Fox

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

hypernovatic

Re: 17th Century Fox

Post by hypernovatic »

Dune turned and faced Ariel. "Oh, I've already finished everything I was told to do. I was just looking for Blacks. Have you seen him?" Dune asked.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"I am." replies Palgrave cooly. "You may enter. I will remind you though, that in this day and age courtesy demands a knock rather than a yell. Remember that next time. Have you done as I asked?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

"I have captain, Eduardo has them, and forgive me for intruding and saying this. I know it's not my place." He said nervously "But I think whoever told you about Tiki didn't give you the full story."

Tiki sat in the corner of the cargo hold and looked at Dune. "He is right my quarrel is with Ariel, Blacks should be somewhere in here though." He then stares at Ariel with glaring eyes "I thought that we could be friends, as I tried to right my wrongs after the event that happened earlier...but I was wrong... I can't trust anyone but myself..."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Palgrave raises a single eyebrow.
"Oh? Let no one say I am not a fair man. Speak your piece. No harm shall befall you as a result of it, I shall ensure that." The captain gestures Jake to a nearby wicker chair.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

Jake makes his way to the wicker chair and takes a seat. "Well to start off Tiki is completely freaking out without his equipment, and doesn't think Eduardo will take care of his new rifle, it's actually a nice rifle might I add. But anyways... Tiki told me that he was acting out of defense and was protecting a valuable asset for the ship. Not to mention e wasn't informed about the new crew pets so he probably thought they were intruders." Jake takes a deep breathe and continues. "I don't know what this asset was but Tiki would never pull a Rifle on a crew member/pet unless there were a good reason, or a simple misunderstanding."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"So you vouch for his character but present no evidence beyond his word to mitigate his actions, nor anything to allay my suspicions of your own bias. Still, your words hold merit. I've not had quarrel with either you or your otter to date and I know the both of you to be hard workers. Perhaps I'd better talk to the otter himself. Where is he now?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

"I'm sorry captain for not bringing anything to support his claim, but there was no way for me to do so. Tiki is probably still in the cargo hold sitting ni the corner. Like I said he feels really insecure without his weapons."
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

After Ben left the cabin, he explored the ship some more. He found four different mouse holes, and three hidden stashes that, while well hidden, could not escape his watchful eye, before heading to the cargo hold. What he found there was not a pretty sight. Tiki, curled up in a corner, talking to himself. Dolce Athena, are you alright Tiki? He said with concern. He might not like the otter that much, but clearly something was very wrong.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

LovingCorgi wrote:"I have captain, Eduardo has them, and forgive me for intruding and saying this. I know it's not my place." He said nervously "But I think whoever told you about Tiki didn't give you the full story."

Tiki sat in the corner of the cargo hold and looked at Dune. "He is right my quarrel is with Ariel, Blacks should be somewhere in here though." He then stares at Ariel with glaring eyes "I thought that we could be friends, as I tried to right my wrongs after the event that happened earlier...but I was wrong... I can't trust anyone but myself..."
Ben blurted out the situation before I could say anything. I assumed he would've held his peace until I had my chance to explain, but... Ariel went quiet.
I tried to explain to the captain that you were trying to protect your investments from unknowing pets, but the fact he understood and rightfully held was that you pulled the gun... and threatened to fire. Ariel said.
Even though you were protecting a valuable asset to the ship, I don't believe you actually used them as said assets. You just gave them fish and water... Ariel sighed, hearing Ben's statement.
Look, I'll try talking with the captain again tonight to give your gun back, but its too early to speak with him now. In the meantime, I'd like to appoint the leadership of the rats to you, if I have that authority.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Hotep the psychic

Post by Hotep the psychic »

"dont go back to the captain" Blacks said loudly for everyone to hear. he had obviously heard everything and was just staying quiet. "and for the love of poseiden give tiki some space." Blacks said before approaching tiki himself and drawing a small dagger, "here" blacks said holding the blade to hand off the handle in front of tiki.
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!
LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

"You wouldn't know. what else I've done. The rats have taken me to sunken ship and gave me gems they found on an island. I bet the captain noticed that there was an increase in the amount of treasure stored in the hold. I'm not greedy and not contribute to the haul. Those rats are able to get to things we cannot that is why they are my friends and that is why I help them and protect them. they are also fun to talk to as well."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Hardly surprising. He probably fears retaliation. You'd best find him and bring him to me." orders Palgrave, "Unless there was anythign further you wished to discuss?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

"No captain there is nothing else. I'll go an get him." Jake replied before leaving the captain's quarters.

Tiki looked up at Blacks and shook his head. "Thank you Blacks but if I'm caught with a weapon after Jake just took them from me, I'd upset the Captain and Jake more." He then looks at Ariel "And also just because they are assets doesn't mean you can't be friends with them."
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

Hlaoroo wrote: "Has that happened to you then, señor?" Pepito grins cheekily, leaning on one knee as he rises and falls with Rocea's breathing.
"weeeell.....sort of" Ventus replied reluctantly "only for a little bit though"
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

True... But I haven't been around long enough to make friends with them. Ariel said.
But if you feel unprotected, you should take hand to hand combat training with Blacks! I watched him breath fire earlier today, so I'm certain he's gotta be really good at fighting. Ariel said. Just to make yourself dependant on your fists and wits instead of a gun.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"Hey Blacks. I was wondering if you wanted to go back into town and walk around." Dune asked, smiling at the fox.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

After Jake leaves, Palgrave drains his glass and then stows it and the bottle safely away. It's an excellent wine and pleasing to the palate. Palgrave wants to savour it but he also needs his wits about him to deal with the situation. So he'll save it for later. Sighing, he leans back in his chair and picks up a report detailing which ships are currently at berth in harbour and which are expected to arrive soon.

==========
"Heh. I am sorry, señor. I am sure that the right ella-rata for me and you, she is out there somewhere, waiting for the both of us to sweep her off her feet like the deck-hand does with his broom, only perhaps less painfully." Pepito grins, hopping off Rocea and joining Ventus and Tackle on the grass.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Hlaoroo wrote: "Heh. I am sorry, señor. I am sure that the right ella-rata for me and you, she is out there somewhere, waiting for the both of us to sweep her off her feet like the deck-hand does with his broom, only perhaps less painfully." Pepito grins, hopping off Rocea and joining Ventus and Tackle on the grass.
"oh don't worry my friend" Ventus said , after laughing at Pepito's joke "I'm sure there is , and to be honest , the she-rat I met back then , we got along quite well , it's just that I couldn't stay , and she couldn't go you know"
Hotep the psychic

"your right Ariel I could do that but I like people trying to figure out my tricks themselves" Blacks said before hearing dunes comment and thinking a moment."Actually maybe we should because we're still missing someone. I'll go tell Eduardo and meet you on the main deck." blacks said leaving quickley to find Eduardo by the brig entrance moments later.

Blacks calmed some before taking a breath. "sir if I may. After doing a head count I found we are still missing one, that dog rocea. With your permission I'd like to find and bring her back. She may be causing trouble that we might have to deal with later if she's found." Blacks reported obediently with no show of anger or threat.
ImageImageImage
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Si. It is a hard life to be a sailor, especially for a rata." Pepito staggers briefly and puts his arms out for balance as his brain adjusts from the movement of the ship and Rocea to the steady stability of the ground.
"And the worst part, it is trying to get back your land legs!" he jokes.
Tackle, meanwhile, is practising a few drills with his staff. With twirls, thwacks and slashes he flattens the grass around himself in an almost perfect circle.
"It's nice to practise with steady footing every once in a while." he observes when he finally flops into the grass beside Ventus and Pepito, panting lightly.

==========
Eduardo stares at Blacks for a long while, still not trusting him. Eventually he decides that the value of an extra deckhand is worth the risk of having the fox desert, and he's confident that the fox knows nothing of importance anyway. However, he is also aware of his rank and responsibilities.
"Only the captain can grant shore leave. You'll have to take it up with him." he grunts before turning back to the knot he was tying.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Hlaoroo wrote:"Si. It is a hard life to be a sailor, especially for a rata." Pepito staggers briefly and puts his arms out for balance as his brain adjusts from the movement of the ship and Rocea to the steady stability of the ground.
"And the worst part, it is trying to get back your land legs!" he jokes.
"No , the worst part is having to go back to the ship just when you got your land legs" Ventus chuckled
Hlaoroo wrote: Tackle, meanwhile, is practising a few drills with his staff. With twirls, thwacks and slashes he flattens the grass around himself in an almost perfect circle.
"It's nice to practise with steady footing every once in a while." he observes when he finally flops into the grass beside Ventus and Pepito, panting lightly.
"that is true ." the rat nodded as Tackle sat down "You seems to be pretty good with that staff , how long have you been practicing with it ?"
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Dune walked onto the deck and waited for Blacks to finish talking to Eduardo. She began whistling a song she learned while she was on the island.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Nay, the worst part, it is the cook's ugly face! And his chicken, it is not much better. It is always very dry and without taste. Like hard tack!" Now Pepito is laughing as he flops in the grass beside Ventus and reclines, tucking his paws behind his head.

"Heh. Thanks. I've practised almost as long as I can remember. My padre taught me before he died. I'm not great though. The other rats still try to push me around despite my status simply due to my stature. Stiil, it ain't for nothing that I got where I am. Do you fight, Ventus?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Hotep the psychic

OOC: Im posting to continue this further and make sure its still active.

After talking to hear Eduardos answer Blacks went on to the captains quarters knocking on the door. come in the captai. Said as he saw blacks enter the room."Afternoon captain im here to report that we are missing crew members. One pet one actuall member after a recount, i am requesting permissio. To go ashore and seek them out then return to the ship." Blacks said.
The captain looked from his work to blacks after hearing his report, his mind knew this could be a problem knowing if these missing members got into trouble it would cost him as a captain. However he knew blacks position in terms of trouble. Seeing that Blacks may keep his word he sat back in his chair with a sigh. "well then dog ill grant permission. Be sure however that i see them when they return, not good having crew members running amuk like sea devils" The captain said returning to the paperwork on his desk "I hope that lad james is right about his dog keeping his word" the captain thought as he continued writing and waiting on other crew to see him.
Blacks bowed before leaving the captains quarters meeting with dune on the main deck. "so my dear shall we go?" Blacks asked
ImageImageImage
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Hlaoroo wrote:"Nay, the worst part, it is the cook's ugly face! And his chicken, it is not much better. It is always very dry and without taste. Like hard tack!" Now Pepito is laughing as he flops in the grass beside Ventus and reclines, tucking his paws behind his head.
"that is very , very true my friend" Ventus laughed
Hlaoroo wrote: "Heh. Thanks. I've practised almost as long as I can remember. My padre taught me before he died. I'm not great though. The other rats still try to push me around despite my status simply due to my stature. Stiil, it ain't for nothing that I got where I am. Do you fight, Ventus?"
"I used to , still do when I need to , to be honest , but I'd rather not"
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Dune smiled as Blacks walked up to her. "Of course." she said.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Hotep the psychic

Blacks smiled "then lets go." blacks said grabbing dunes paw in his own before leading them both towards the town
ImageImageImage
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

After the fox leaves, Palgrave, not trusting him, decides to put a tail on him. He immediately discounts the idea of Ariel - after all, a lion is hardly inconspicuous. So who else to send? In the end Palgrave sends one of the dogs whom he'd trusted to come with him to the merchant's ship. He knows the dog has a level head and will do well. The dog hurries off to prepare himself, keeping an ear out for when the foxes are leaving.

~#~#~
"Me neither. I have a distinct disadvantage when it comes to bulk and strength. I didn't get where I am by fighting fair, I can tell you. What's your weapon of choice, Ventus?"
"Tackle has taught me to fight with the staff. He is a good sparring partner. he is unpredictable; that is what is making him difficult to beat."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Dune walked silently beside Blacks, smiling as she held his paw.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Hotep the psychic

"So we are in charge of finding that wolf rocea. Even so we cans till enjoy this time together"Blacks said
ImageImageImage
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Hlaoroo wrote: "Me neither. I have a distinct disadvantage when it comes to bulk and strength. I didn't get where I am by fighting fair, I can tell you. What's your weapon of choice, Ventus?"
"This" Ventus replied , pulling out the sword he always carried with him . it wasn't a big sword , but still it was a decent side sword for a rat to hold in one paw , and it wasn't like an improvised weapon , like a sharpened needle , but an actually sword , with the blade and the handle made out of a single piece of metal. "Although I don't use it much , tend to use what I can find around me more you know ? This is just the last resort"
Hlaoroo wrote: "Tackle has taught me to fight with the staff. He is a good sparring partner. he is unpredictable; that is what is making him difficult to beat."
"yes , being unpredictable is good against cats and cooks too" Ventus chuckled
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Wow! Where did you manage to procure a weapon such as that, Ventus?" Pepito exclaims, looking properly at Ventus' sword for the first time. Tackle is equally impressed but through years of practise manages with ease not to show it.
"Not bad. But can it do this?" With a quick twirl, Tackle's staff knocks off a seed head from a stem, leaving the two heads on either side intact.

~#~#~
Watching from the water, the dog waits until the foxes are a safe distance down the path before following. Exiting the water, he shakes dry before following the pair up the hill. As he goes, he pulls on a cloth cap and switches his satchel to hang from the opposite shoulder. He'll keep using such tricks to change his silhouette as he walks, hoping to avoid detection in the growing crowd as the foxes approach the town.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"Okay. So, where should we look first?" Dune asked, laying her head on Blacks's shoulder.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Kateleo007

Post by Kateleo007 »

Geo slinks behind a building, still with sights on his targets. Funny. A wolfhound doing a foxhound's work. Bah, I should just be grateful fer the job. he thinks. The dog's eager to please his new captain, but is a little nervous about it. He knows he can't let his nerves overtake him, so he takes a deep breath. Jus' like the wolves. is his final thought before moving into the crowd.

Jack the Eevee and Barb the Buizel

George "Geo" Walker......S-8 P-4 E-7 C-7 I-6 A-7 L-3
Thank you kurowolfe for the banner!

3DS Friend Code: 1006 0495 4065
Hotep the psychic

Blacks thinks a moment before looking around, "hmm id say the town just in case, but if shees not here we might check the woods." blacks said a moment before seeing a man thrown out one building to their right. he smiled before seeing dunes head on his shoulder
ImageImageImage
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"Well, I didn't see her when I was walking around town. She might be in the woods." Dune said.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Hlaoroo wrote:"Wow! Where did you manage to procure a weapon such as that, Ventus?" Pepito exclaims, looking properly at Ventus' sword for the first time. Tackle is equally impressed but through years of practise manages with ease not to show it.
"I met a mouse when me and Rocea was wandering a wood far away , helped him and stayed with him for a couple of days , then he gave me this as a parting gift"
Hlaoroo wrote: "Not bad. But can it do this?" With a quick twirl, Tackle's staff knocks off a seed head from a stem, leaving the two heads on either side intact.
"Impressive" Ventus admitted , getting on his feet and come to a nearby woody dead plant "No I can't do anything that require such precision , I can do this though" he said , and with one swift movement , split the plant in two with an upward swing
"Enjoying yourselves there mates ?" Rocea chuckled , sitting up " I gotta go over there a little bit , you all wait here til I get back OK ?"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"How generous. And wow, that's sharp! I have to wonder who forged a weapon that small and how though. I've never seen the like."
serence ice fox wrote: "Enjoying yourselves there mates ?" Rocea chuckled , sitting up " I gotta go over there a little bit , you all wait here til I get back OK ?"
"All right. Don't be too long. We should return soon or the human capitan, he will be wondering where you are."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"yes that was a mystery for us as well , the mouse told us he found it in some ruins , where it was laying on an altar of some sort"
Rocea just nodded , and walk away silently
Hotep the psychic

"well then lets go to the forest" Blacks said with a smile setting his off hand into his pocket only to yank out a rat. "OW! Blacks dont squeeze me that hurts! Geez."pinch yelled before standing in blacks open paw. "pinch? What are you doing in my coat?""hey im done with my work decides tackles gone and i didnt see him on the ship. Hi dune." pinch conversed with blacks before waving hello to dune and hopping into a different pocket.
ImageImageImage