HPU: Sunset Plateau OOC

For all those times you're not in character, try new "Out of Character"

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Civilization

Re: HPU: Sunset Plateau OOC

Post by Civilization »

Hey, I have been trying to think of a way to join, so here is my character.

Name: Meeko
Species: Ferret
Appearance: Light Brown front, Medium Brown back, Dark Brown arms and legs. Light Green eyes. Wears a vest with six pockets in the front, keeps a harmonica in one of the pockets along with a photo of his brother. Carries a backpack with some food and a blanket on him. he is tall, 3' and is of sender build.
Personality: Friendly, used to meeting new people. Always enjoys listening to other's stories. Tries to be as polite and reserved as possible, though nothing can really upset him.
Other Notes: Meeko is homeless (born that way), so he travels looking for a new home, hoping this place will provide him a new home. He learned how to survive on the streets using his brain, but he still would prefer a nice warm home.

Strength:4
Perception: 10
Endurance: 3
Charisma: 7
Intelligence: 10
Agility: 6
Luck: 2 (It runs in the family)

Dialogue color: This Color
Last edited by Civilization on Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Looks like a great character!

I just have two questions:
1.) Why is he homeless? Was he born that way or is it by choice (i.e. he ran away) or has tragedy struck him? That'll have an impact on his character and how he's played so it's something you should answer.
2.) Can you develop the personality a little more? For instance, what does he like to do for fun? What ticks him off? It's this section that can really make a character unique and can help them stand out.

If you can answer those questions then I'll happily approve the character. I also welcome feedback from other players so if anyone has any suggestions then feel free to post them here or PM them to me. :)

ANNOUNCEMENT: I updated the first OOC post in this thread as well as reworked it slightly. If there's anything you do or don't like about it then please let me know and if your name isn't there or your colour is wrong then please let me know that too. :)
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Hmm. Since no one seems to have any issues with that sheet, you're officially approved, Civilization! Welcome and feel free to jump in and start posting whenever you're ready!
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Just in case your wondering what Meeko's hygiene situation is,
His vest has a fine layer of dirt on it, the kind that you see when you wash something in dirty water over and over again. As for Meeko he is also got a small layer of dirt on him, but he smells more of forest than trash, along with the smell ferret's get when they don't get a clean bath in a while.
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Sorry for not posting for awhile. The forum has been having loading issues so half the time I can't even load a page. It sort of throws off my groove, but I'm gonna try to make a post today.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Civilization wrote:Just in case your wondering what Meeko's hygiene situation is,
His vest has a fine layer of dirt on it, the kind that you see when you wash something in dirty water over and over again. As for Meeko he is also got a small layer of dirt on him, but he smells more of forest than trash, along with the smell ferret's get when they don't get a clean bath in a while.
lucky him, dorothy has hosted strays and ferals in her diner already during the years :P
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

SuperStar wrote:Sorry for not posting for awhile. The forum has been having loading issues so half the time I can't even load a page. It sort of throws off my groove, but I'm gonna try to make a post today.
Sorry about that, Superstar. Inaki seems to have found and fixed the problem now. Let us know if there's any more issues.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

*pokes* Where are we all? Hyper? Pecan? Superstar? NeonIcyWings? We're waiting on you guys!
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

I'm waiting on Pecan and Neon last time I checked.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

All of this waiting has my excitement rating soaring!
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Well, your waiting on Pecan then. Check the Main OOC for info on Neon.
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Hlaoroo wrote:*pokes* Where are we all? Hyper? Pecan? Superstar? NeonIcyWings? We're waiting on you guys!
I'm sorry, I don't know what to say so I was waiting for someone else to post, :oops:
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

There's loads of things you could do, Superstar. Blay could ask Meeko something about himself or he could start on the meal that Dorothy just brought out for him or he could talk to Chris about why she's willing to show this kindness to Meeko or he could go to see what's taking Will and Star so long.

Any post you can do is always better than no post. If you're stuck for ideas then feel free to ask here in the OOC at any time. That's what the thread is here for. Or you can message any player you like privately. We're all here to help each other and work together. :) Working together to get ideas, posts and storylines is half the fun of the RPs. :)
xhunterko wrote:Well, your waiting on Pecan then. Check the Main OOC for info on Neon.
I think you're confusing MrNeonShot with NeonIcyWings, xhunter. Hyper is waiting on NeonIcyWings, not MrNeonShot. :P
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

You guys have room for one more?
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Sure do, Buster! Come on in! I'm assuming this is for Bowser so feel free to link or copy the sheet to here. I'll approve you straight away for Bowser and if no one has any objections then you can start posting in 24 hours. :)
If you've another character in mind too then feel free to drop that sheet here also.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

I'd totally be okay with you joining, dude!
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Character Name: Bowser

Color: Dark Blue
Type: Main
Species/Breed: Dog, Belgian Malinois
Neighbourhood: Sunset Plateau

Appearance:
Bowser is tall for a dog and still retains the physique and strength of the K-9 officer he used to be. His head, shoulders feet and back are jet black, with flecks of gray on his chin, the sides of his muzzle, his chest, and his hands. Varying shades of brown fill in the rest being the darkest near his shoulders sides and ankles. Bowser looks significantly older than he actually is due to almost ten straight years of exposure while tracking chemical contraband.

Personality:
True to his breed he's initially reserved, but once he knows you he has an air of confidence and experience. Instinct paired with years of training and work have left him with a tendency towards being protective of those smaller or more vulnerable than himself, and a detached analytical view of the world. He's difficult to surprise or startle and rarely shows strong emotion.

Other notes:
Bowser is a retired K-9 Contraband Detection and Seizure Officer, who left due to heart problems stemming from the 'occupational hazards' of his particular role in the unit. That combined with his age hamper his ability to move quickly or maintain a consistent pace for long periods, though he's still rather strong and his nose is as sharp as ever.

S.P.E.C.I.A.L stats:
Strength: 8
Perception: 8
Endurance: 4
Charisma: 6
Intelligence: 6
Agility: 4
Luck: 6
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
HoundInATree

Post by HoundInATree »

Hi, I was wondering if I could join this RP in the not too distant future. I haven't yet figured out who's interacting with who. Seems to me there's one group in a kitchen, another concerned about a friend and others talking to each other too. So if you do let me join, I'll do so after I've figured out who's with who.
My tree now has a café in it. Yay?
Hlaoroo wrote:In Soviet Russia, TreeInAHound!

RP Character(s)
Albert Grant, Sunset Plateau
Larkin Dewolfe, Chivalry Residences
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

I'm still trying to figure that out myself.
HoundInATree

Post by HoundInATree »

I think I've figured out the groups.

Inside the Diner are:
Group 1; Cinzia, Frances, Amadora, Moon, Scotty
Group 2; Chris, Blay, Matatabi, Will Turner, Jess, Star, Meeko, Dorothy, Some Red Panada’s
Group 3 (just entered);Tami and the foxes

Outside:
Group 4; Mitch, Rikki
Group 5 (may not be that relivant); Andy, Allan

RP Character(s)
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Close, Hound.

Here's the groups:

In the diner:
1.) Chris, Blay, Matatabi, Will, Jess, Star, Meeko, Dorothy
2.) The red pandas at another table
3.) Tami, Andy and Allan (the foxes) - just entered

At the Leones' house:
1.) Cinzia, Frances and Amadora with Sotty and Moon about to leave
2.) The wolf pack and Elio
3.) Rikki and Mitch
4.) Valiant and Belisarius

Wow, that's a lot of groups. :P
HoundInATree wrote:Hi, I was wondering if I could join this RP in the not too distant future.
You sure can! We'd love to have you! Write up a character sheet and I'll give it a look-see!

Buster: No one has objected so you can feel free to jump in and start posting whenever you're ready!
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

HoundInATree

Post by HoundInATree »

Ah, more then one location in use. I'll get to creating a character shortly. Thanks. :)

EDIT:
Right I have a Character written up.

Character Name: Albert Grant

Colour: Dark Green #004000
(as of 02/10/2020) #005000 (just a bit brighter and easier to read against the current background)

Type: Main Character

Species/Breed: Dog, Weimeraner.

Neighbourhood: Sunset Plateau

Appearance: Short Silver-grey fur, Yellow eyes, large droopy ears and a long muzzle. Tall and deceitfully thin looking. Often wears an olive green scrim scarf around his neck. Does not wear his collar often, which is a back collar with a steel buckle.

Personality: Albert is a friendly, well-mannered dog. He enjoys sunbathing and lying down by fireplaces. As with his breed, Albert hates being alone. He’s okay by himself, but only when someone he knows is somewhere nearby. Albert can also be rather daft at times, especially when it comes to getting attention when he needs it. Publicly, that is when he’s being watched, he behaves in a gentlemanly fashion. When he thinks he’s alone or just amongst friends and family, his behaviour is more in line with an excited child. He loves to go ‘exploring’, especially in forests and other wooded areas. This often gets him in some form of trouble, but he has just as much ease at getting out of it.

Other notes: Albert came to Sunset Plateau ultimately because his previous owner passed away. This gave Albert a new freedom he’d never had before. His owner used to neglect him and often left him alone by himself in the confines of his house. So, when his owner passed away Albert left on a search for adventure. This resulted in Albert being impounded at Sunset Plateau, where he was adopted by a gardener named Michael Grant.

S.P.E.C.I.A.L stats:
- Strength: 7
- Perception: 7
- Endurance: 7
- Charisma: 4
- Intelligence: 7
- Agility: 7
- Luck: 3
Last edited by HoundInATree on Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:37 pm, edited 4 times in total.

RP Character(s)
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

He sounds like a fun character! I like him! If no one objects in the next 24 hours then I'll approve him. :)
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

How's that for an intro?
HoundInATree

Post by HoundInATree »

Lovely intro, I think you've nailed the retirement feeling on the head.

RP Character(s)
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Looks great, Buster!
I agree with Hound; from all I've heard of retirement you've nailed the sentiment well. :)

Sorry my post was so long in coming, everyone. Every time I sat down to write it I got called away or distracted. Still, it's there now. :)
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Where is Moon's bio? I can't find it, but I kind of need to know what (he? She?) looks like if i'm going to Have bowser run into that group while following the scent he picked up. (I had planned to have him pass by while you guys were en-route from house to house. Assuming i haven't misread the last few pages, and am babbling nonsense.)

Also the index of characters in the first post seems to be missing a few people and says it hasn't been updated since august...
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Buster wrote:Where is Moon's bio?
At the other end of this link. You might like to add her to your list Hyper, since she's not there yet.
Buster wrote: i'm going to Have bowser run into that group while following the scent he picked up. (I had planned to have him pass by while you guys were en-route from house to house. Assuming i haven't misread the last few pages, and am babbling nonsense.)
No, you're making sense. :) Do you need a link to Scotty's ref too or did you find that all right?
Buster wrote:says it hasn't been updated since august...
Odd. I know I've updated it since then. It doesn't show it for some reason. I'll force it to next time.
Buster wrote:Also the index of characters in the first post seems to be missing a few people
You're right. Thanks. I'll update that this afternoon.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Also about the character links. Some of them have the wrong address and take you to the wrong post.
HoundInATree

Post by HoundInATree »

On another note, is it safe for me to start RP'ing? :D

RP Character(s)
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Yes, please do, Hound!
I can't wait to see your intro post!
SuperStar wrote:Also about the character links. Some of them have the wrong address and take you to the wrong post.
Whoops! Sorry about that! They should all be right now! Just be aware that some players may have put two characters in the same post so there may at times be the same link for both characters. Just scroll down a bit to see the other character.

ANNOUNCEMENT!
We now have 12 active players in Sunset Plateau! That means I think we're full up! Hound, you were #12 making you the lucky last to join, congratulations! Unfortunately, for anyone else who's interested, so sorry but you'll have to look elsewhere. Please feel free to browse the rest of the RP forums because we have lots of other great RPs and don't hesitate to ask if you'd like recommendations for anywhere!
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

HoundInATree

Post by HoundInATree »

Intro's posted. :D

12 people? wow. This is going to be interesting.

Edit: Altered the post I made. Turns out I made a mistake in it. It's been corrected now.

RP Character(s)
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

assuming I read the map right, this is Bowser's route. Am I going the right way?
Attachments
thingy.png
thingy.png (163.71 KiB) Viewed 37525 times
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

That's right, Buster.

I am going to update that map as soon as I get time though. I'll make it much easier to read where things are and suchlike.

Does anybody want anything on the map that's not already there and does anyone want anything removed from it?

xHunter, how far is the panda village from teh lake on the map? Is it that light coloured blob in the forest or is it elsewhere?

Val: That chapel is the one Borues and the wolves were talking about, isn't it?
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

things that would improve the map:

-Name the streets, or at least number them.
-Make the buildings to scale with one another. (why does a 7-11 take up the equivalent to 1/3 of the mall? or 8 times the size of the smallest home? what is that home anyway, someone living in camper van? it's narrower than the combined width of the street and sidewalk.)
-have empty spaces where appropriate, and remove from where inappropriate. (why are there so many gaps in the residential area, but no parking lots near any business except the mall? That makes no sense!)
-Make the text easier to read.
-Avoid using the color yellow on a backing of any pale color, or light to mid-tone grays and browns, it's hard to see. Only pair it with bright or dark colors.
HoundInATree

Post by HoundInATree »

I'm not sure who's house is who's, could you provide a numbered key rather then different shaped blobs of colour, especially as some people have the same colour?

I also agree with what buster's said.

RP Character(s)
Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

Just wanted to say sorry for posting a bit slowly. I was with my mother for Easter/most of Spring Break. I've been trying to post at the very least weekly, though.
Paige Turner - The Stargazing Polyglot! - S4 P7 E6 C4 I10 A4 L7 (SP)
Will Turner - The Timid Survivor! - S5 P4 E8 C3 I6 A10 L6 (SP)
Timothy Cotton - The Overenthusiastic Soccer Star S6 P4 E8 C5 I5 A9 L5 (Zoo)
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Those are good suggestions! Thanks, Buster!
I'm trying to get the original file from the person who made it since he still RPs on these forums. If I can do that it'll make life easier. If not the map might take a while longer to do. I'll certainly do my best to incorporate those suggestions though!
Pecan wrote:Just wanted to say sorry for posting a bit slowly. I was with my mother for Easter/most of Spring Break. I've been trying to post at the very least weekly, though.
No worries, Pecan! I hope you had a good spring break and I look forward to seeing you more active again! If you have to slow down for exams or anything then I totally understand that too and we can definitely work around it!
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

The panda village is just south of the lake.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:Val: That chapel is the one Borues and the wolves were talking about, isn't it?
Yush!^^