Housecraft! (or Minepets!)

Now with new GALLERY

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

Buster
Game Master

Re: Housecraft! (or Minepets!)

Post by Buster »

Pete's Temple is coming along, (thanks for the box of sandstone) though I can't finish the roof till I have the parts for the beacon that's going to go inside it... haven't even started on the dungeon that goes underneath. I'll probably start mining it out soon just to get material for the beacon.

Also built a guest house. The big log cabin near the cove. It still needs furniture, but once that's in any visitors who haven't built a house yet will have a safe place to wait out the nights, with warm beds room to craft and places to store their stuff.

also working on a road between the existing houses.

so, who's been on so far? I noticed only CHAOKO and I have houses near spawn.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

I just had a snoop around. I take it this server is just for fun and not for recreating Babylon gardens then? Or will that come later when we settle in? I'm still a bit of a n00b at minecraft but count me in! When do you all get on?
Render wrote:I'm playing in my fursona. :D
I do the same! Thanks heaps to GeckoZY for making it for me! :D

If anyone else wants to make their own skin you can do it right here!
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

I am but a clump of leaves. Totally not suspicious, nope, not at all. You saw nothing. *glances around suspiciously*
I started gathering resources on a hillside near spawn, if you head to the left of Buster's house and keep going. If anyone wants to help build a sanctuary it would be greatly appreciated. :P
The nine-tailed Kitsune of England.
I am Kyuunado Fureatsurī!
Want to talk? PM me or message at [email protected] and add me on Google+
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Hlaoroo wrote:I just had a snoop around. I take it this server is just for fun and not for recreating Babylon gardens then? Or will that come later when we settle in? I'm still a bit of a n00b at minecraft but count me in! When do you all get on?
the maximum world size in minecraft is several million timers the surface area of the earth, and the default playable portion of that is just under twice the earth's surface area. not counting other dimensions. we have more than enough room to do both if we wanted, but yeah for right now i'm just messing around since host didn't really say one way or the other.

you've probably seen it already, but near both the existing houses there's a little valley with a ton of trees really close together. I've been using that as a sort of tree farm. so wood shouldn't be an issue, just replant any saplings you get okay? also, there's a mine under the guest house.
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Sunds good. Anywhere you guys do or don't want us to build houses other than in the middle of the tree farm? Or can we just go nuts? :P
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

anywhere's fine by me.
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

Maybe you could plant a tree on top of your house and pretend it's a quoll den? :P
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

So who's on right now? I don't recognize the other user's name.

Also, redid my character skin, what do you think?
Attachments
bustercraft.png
bustercraft.png (49.51 KiB) Viewed 11485 times
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

That was me, my gaming name is BigBenBPTQ, but I will be signing my stuff as Kyuunado as well. :P
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Buster wrote:anywhere's fine by me.
I'm totally going to go nuts .3.
I'll try to get back on asap. But maybe we should start a skype group for the server?
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Just a thought, if everyone posts their player names here we can keep track of who is who. I'm mostly guessing at the moment. :lol:
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That came out really nice Buster! Great job on that!
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

I'm MrNeonShot. I'll be playing with an Alphonse Elric skin, but I can try my hand at a Blizzard skin :3
Edit: Just uploaded this as my new skin!
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

I think a Skype group sounds like fun. :) We could chat about things by voice while we build. :)

Those skins look great, MrNeonShot and Buster!
I play as Furrhan and tha's also my username. I'll grab a screenshot for you next time I get on. :)

EDIT: I forgot. Since my skin was made on Novaskin, you can click this link and see a full 360 degrees rotating view of my skin! :D
Last edited by Hlaoroo on Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That skin looks just like your character Neon!
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Thanks! I had to completely restart one time because I accidentally merged the default steve skin with Blizzard, and the dumb thing wouldn't undo :p
But I love how it came out ^^
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Kyuunado wrote:if everyone posts their player names here we can keep track of who is who.
or, i could just change my Minecraft username to match the forum. That way you only have to remember the one name.
Attachments
bustercraft2.png
bustercraft2.png (125.21 KiB) Viewed 11414 times
yellowcrash10

Post by yellowcrash10 »

Kyuunado wrote:Just a thought, if everyone posts their player names here we can keep track of who is who. I'm mostly guessing at the moment. :lol:
Mine is yellowcrash10, but I haven't been on much. And I'm glad the server is working for everyone! :D
I break my computer, so you don't have to! :D
You copied my entire signature? How peculiar...
Given that AB≅AB, prove that AB≇AB.
dtlux1

Post by dtlux1 »

Mine is dtlux, I think this is the very last thing that I didn't have a 1 on the end for, as I thought about adding a 1 to the end before I bought Minecraft. :lol:

I go on and see everyone's buildings, and then I feel like my stuff isn't good at all. I did find a great cave in my underground house no one knows about though, that is cool. It is fun to explore it. I need to be on more often.

And I do think a Skype chat is a great idea. :D
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

How do you change your name in minecraft??
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

You have to log into your Mojang/Minecraft account on-line and then it's a simple matter of following the links and uploading the skin as you would any other image to anywhere else. The skins can't be changed from within the game itself.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Attachments
namechange.png
namechange.png (30.79 KiB) Viewed 11334 times
Last edited by Buster on Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Oh, cool! But I don't think I need to change my name right now because everyone here knows me already.

Edit: To those wanting to join the skype group, post your skype names here so I can add you! So far I've got Roo and dtlux.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

So, i stuck a cobblestone wall around the edges of the protected chunks around spawn, that way we don't waste material trying to build in em.

And it looks weird like that cause i'm gonna cover it in vines and shrubbery once i get new shears so it looks like ruins.

Also server was being weird today. booted me multiple times for flying after it catapulted me into the air for no reason. after it cut that out gravity promptly resumed and now there's a set of picks and a dead body on a hillside somewhere. >.<
yellowcrash10

Post by yellowcrash10 »

Buster wrote:Also server was being weird today. booted me multiple times for flying after it catapulted me into the air for no reason. after it cut that out gravity promptly resumed and now there's a set of picks and a dead body on a hillside somewhere. >.<
Sorry about that. I'll look into it.
I break my computer, so you don't have to! :D
You copied my entire signature? How peculiar...
Given that AB≅AB, prove that AB≇AB.
Bucky-Roo

Post by Bucky-Roo »

Well, I managed to finally get on. I plan on making a house soon :D
My Skype is: bucky-roo
Hello, my baby
Hello, my honey
Hello, my ragtime gaaal
GreatKitsune

Post by GreatKitsune »

Bucky-Roo wrote:Well, I managed to finally get on. I plan on making a house soon :D
My Skype is: bucky-roo
Yeah, I saw you there. Were you in an Aviator skin?
Hello, low order beings!

Community Involvement, peepoll!
Someone wise once wrote:I wish I could ride a magical girl's purple flying unicorn to Narnia through Lebouff's Shire, the land of trololol.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

I got to see Buster's, Chaoko's, and Kyuunado's house, and I'm building mine on a mountain 200 blocks east of Kyuunado's. It doesn't look too big yet, but it'll get there :3
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Hey, just got on for a tiny bit.

Letting you know a couple things:

1. Minecraft name: CarboardBoxDan (I'm gonna change it to RookieDan)

2. Home whereabouts: Up the hill from behind the nether portal (if the front is facing Buster's house) there's a small hole. Soon to become small trading shop :D
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference
dtlux1

Post by dtlux1 »

Seeing these houses is making me want to build an actual house, but if I do I will still keep my current one for the cool cave in it. I really need to start exploring that cave.
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Yeah I noticed the plot of land your, well, under. I bet we aren't as safe from creepers as you are though. :lol:
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

I'll be attempting to grow a pumpkin patch to create more golems as security guards... I just hope creepers don't explode from being attacked by snow golems.
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Golems ignore creepers like most other mobs do, due to the risk of being blown up. I left a couple of pumpkins in a chest outside my house if you need extra.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Sweet! I'd be glad to take them off your hands ^^
dtlux1

Post by dtlux1 »

Kyuunado wrote:Yeah I noticed the plot of land your, well, under. I bet we aren't as safe from creepers as you are though. :lol:
Well, I was in the cave and there is an elevated path on each side of a big drop down. I was walking on one side, and when I looked to the other I saw a creeper. It would follow me from the other side of the drop, and I couldn't go back to my house or it would explode. I decided that since I only had a pick ax that the best thing to do would be jump down and die, the creeper was gone when I got back. :lol:

And now that I think of it, if I made a bucket I could create a water elevator to swim back up the cavern. Not the neatest thing, but it would work. :D
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

I am amazed I have not died yet, fought every mob imaginable, even a hoard of silverfish, still alive, fell in lava, saved by water bucket in hand. :lol:
I got a pen of chickens to fuel my mini pumpkin pie factory. :3
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

In the skype group, it's currently me, Roo, Dtlux, JC, and I'm trying to add Bucky. If anyone else wants to join, feel free to leave your skype name :3

I just finished adding the tip of the snow pillar and am working on mining out the inside. I might convert the thing into a giant hand, though. Just have to move my crops and snow golem out of the way to make more room.
dtlux1

Post by dtlux1 »

I went on and had fun today, thought I'd post screenshots that I took. :D

Also, I seemed to allow a creeper to blow up a path, at least it wasn't a house.

I am in the Treehouse that CHAOKOCartoons made, I needed to sleep in a bed to turn it to day, but there were monsters near by. I go to climb out and see that. It eventually went away and I went into Buster's house to sleep.

This is the cave I have been talking about. I explored it a little more. I am lucky, as there is a natural water fall at the end of the cave I can use to get down.

That is my Minecraft skin. I made it back when I wanted to play Toontown with my friends, I haven't changed it since then.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

It looks like you had a ton of fun, Lux ^^ We should totally play some time when I'm on again.

I should start posting screenshots of my castle/hand house soon. I'm not sure which building it'll be :p
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

I've marked my territory. I've a burrow right on the edge of the jungle under a pretty tree draped with vines. It's a short way behind the lava pit. :)

I need torches so I can see where I'm digging though and for that I need coal. Has anybody found a good place to get that yet?
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters