Tarot's Personality

Discuss the comic here
SuperStar

Tarot's Personality

Post by SuperStar »

Am I the only who has noticed that while Tarot was originally shown as the "Sweet-nice-girl", she for some reason acts like the "Easily-Annoyed" character now? I went through her archives a bit ago, and noticed it only really started during Heaven's Not Enough, in which case she was probably very tired of everything. But even after that she's still acting like a "beautiful young lady". What do you think is up?
Saturn381

Re: Tarot's Personality

Post by Saturn381 »

Either the whole "Sweet-nice-girl" thing is just an act, or playing the game and living in Babylon Gardens has taking it's toll on her.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Or... you know... she's generally a nice dog who gets annoyed when she feels under-appreciated :?
GreatKitsune

Post by GreatKitsune »

Maybe she's adjusting to life without Pete and Dragon.
Hello, low order beings!

Community Involvement, peepoll!
Someone wise once wrote:I wish I could ride a magical girl's purple flying unicorn to Narnia through Lebouff's Shire, the land of trololol.
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Well, today's comic has just shown her being happy like usual! This makes me happy! :D
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I think that with everything that she had to go through, that now she is gonna be one who is easy to annoy. She looks annoyed in a lot of the pictures she is in with Karishad that Rick drew.
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:I think that with everything that she had to go through, that now she is gonna be one who is easy to annoy. She looks annoyed in a lot of the pictures she is in with Karishad that Rick drew.
It's the sad truth isn't it? It's sad cause it makes her relationship with Peanut less cute, :(
HoundInATree

Post by HoundInATree »

I thought Karishad just had that sort of affect on others.
My tree now has a café in it. Yay?
Hlaoroo wrote:In Soviet Russia, TreeInAHound!

RP Character(s)
Albert Grant, Sunset Plateau
Larkin Dewolfe, Chivalry Residences
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Yeah anyone who is paired with Karishad for a comic is going to be annoyed. :P

Tarot is generally a sweet, perky dog, but she's also somewhat easier to annoy than normal. It's not like every character in a comic is going to be one-dimensional! I imagine that comes with the territory of psychic powers. It has to get annoying when everyone around you doesn't know things that are obvious to you.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Somebody should point out that to everything is as obvious to them as it is to her.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

...which she is already aware of and wouldn't change matters in the slightest? :|
Just because you know others aren't going to understand things like you do, it doesn't change the annoyance level when they just aren't getting something :P
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I get that. I just think if you know they won't get it, its a waste of time getting annoyed.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Which is why Sleet noted that she does seem a little easily annoyed, perhaps. 'swhy it's so nice that Peanut's natural exuberance and straightforward honesty are such great relational counterbalances :D (until he sticks his foot in his mouth :lol: )
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

I'm just wondering - is Tarot going to eventually become disenchanted with Peanut? It seems like the only thing she sees in him is puppylike charm. I'm worried that's eventually going to fade and start to get on her nerves, and I'm not entirely sure they have any common interests to fall back on once that happens.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Douglas Collier wrote:I'm just wondering - is Tarot going to eventually become disenchanted with Peanut? It seems like the only thing she sees in him is puppylike charm. I'm worried that's eventually going to fade and start to get on her nerves, and I'm not entirely sure they have any common interests to fall back on once that happens.
That's what I'm worried about, :C
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

As long as Grape and Max break up at about the same time. :P
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Sleet wrote:As long as Grape and Max break up at about the same time. :P
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Well lots of people do think that Grapenut might be endgame...
Timon64

Post by Timon64 »

Sleet wrote:As long as Grape and Max break up at about the same time. :P
Man... :(

You say that as if its written in stone or something.....(or maybe im misinterpreting that)
I'd like to think TarNut's relationship all these "years?", has given them plenty of time to get to know the other better and find interests here and there so im sure that they can get past little annoyances here and there.....I hope....

Besides GrapeWell is awesome! I think Max secretly thinking he needs to better himself for in order to feel "worthy" of Grape is really sweet.
....Count on it!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

We will got to create a topic that has all of the couple names. Those names are a lot better than what I came up with (Parot and Mape)
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:We will got to create a topic that has all of the couple names. Those names are a lot better than what I came up with (Parot and Mape)
I prefer Pearot and Mape actually.
Douglas Collier

Isn't it Teanot and Grapewell?
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
GreatKitsune

Post by GreatKitsune »

Taunut and Maxrape? ...Nevermind. That sounds wrong.
Hello, low order beings!

Community Involvement, peepoll!
Someone wise once wrote:I wish I could ride a magical girl's purple flying unicorn to Narnia through Lebouff's Shire, the land of trololol.
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Douglas Collier wrote:Isn't it Teanot and Grapewell?
Why is it that the girls names flow better at the beginning? I mean, I don't mean to sound sexist, but in most ship-names the dude's name comes first, but in Housepets it seems to be the girl's more often then not.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

You just take things into stride when making names, honestly. I could call it the Pomnut for example. =P

Regarding Tarot's personality, though, i honestly suspect some of her personality might have something to do with her knowing how her future already is, but adding a personal challenge to it so it's not bread and butter to her. like the small details.

That being said, Tarot has always been to me all about manners. Grape seems to be less about manners these days and just goes with her gut instinct =P
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm gonna go make a topic for ship names so we stop derailing this one.
1071-CCN

Post by 1071-CCN »

I don't think Tarot is easily annoyed. I just think many of the characters could be simply annoying to others, and she's just reacting the same way most of them would. So much crazy stuff happens in this comic that everybody's going to have their bad moments now and then. (hopefully in a funny way, of course)
This account is a copy of that of my Cross Time Cafe account, which I use to discuss Freefall on its forum.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I think we see her more annoyed because of who she is paired up with in those particular pictures.
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

Eh, to me, Tarot's personalty was more spacy and out of touch, but that was likely due to her link with Dragon. I think that she just has a typical personalty myself and we don't see her as much, so it's hard to measure.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

It would be nice to see her a bit more and see her relationship with Peanut also.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I love Tarot but she's a character who's totally appropriate for smaller doses, I think. As much as I'd love to see more of her, I think the comic would suffer if she's made more prominent than she needs to be!
Douglas Collier

Well then there at least needs to be more snuggling.

We haven't seen Peanut and Tarot hug since 2012, making for a total of two* Peanut/Tarot hugs we've seen - the other one was at the end of the arc where Tarot was introduced.

*Excluding the Guys and Dolls Imaginate, where it was in the context of the roleplay.

Grapenut has more genuine snuggle time than Tarnut at this point. :P
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

She would need to be if she is the girlfriend of one of the main character's and if she is reduced to a bit character, then maybe Tarnut should break up. Though I only see Grapenut getting together if Rick ever decides to call it a day with the comic and Grape does seem to genuinely care for Max.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

The thing is, I suspected that the reason we don't see Tarot and Peanut together as much is because there isn't much to fix between the two - they are very casual and don't need as much improvements as Grape and Max, who need fine tuning. It's why we see more serious moments than Peanut and Tarot's.

On the other side of the spectrum, it makes the long waits worthwhile. like a godzilla movie. @_@
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Especially when it seems to be like its for an eternity. xP
Shadowstar23

Post by Shadowstar23 »

In my opinion, I think she's twice as easily annoyed because annoying things happen twice to her. Once in her mind's eye and again in reality before she has a chance to stop it. Otherwise, she's just perky and whatnot so long as you give her a good, solid dose of attention. On the relationship thing, they're on the same vibe most of the time and don't really argue since they don't have as many kinks to work out. Grape and Max on the other hand still have some issues to address.
There is always a mystical adventure awaiting you. You just have to find it and take the first step into epicness.