For all those times you're not in character, try new "Out of Character"

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Keeshah
Game Master

Re: Roleplaying Forums Main Out-Of-Character Thread

Post by Keeshah »

serence ice fox wrote:have a good trip Brent ^^
Sea u in the fall!
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
valerio

Post by valerio »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:I'll be away for the weekend at another convention. I'll try to get on some tomorrow but may not. I'll definitely be back Sunday.
enjoy your trip, Brent^^
valerio

Post by valerio »

be back tomorrow evening (my time).
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Okay guys, I need your opinion. I reeaaaaaaalllllllly want to join Radiant Gardens, and I've even thought up a character. But I'm not sure if I can do it, and I'm also not sure if I'm just underestimating myself by not being sure. What do you think? Would it be a mistake to join, or would I be missing out on a great opportunity by ignoring the RP about pets with magical powers?
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Well, if you're unsure you can do it, don't push yourself. Enjoy the ones you can do even more and put a lot into what you have instead of pushing yourself thin everywhere. But of course that's a reasonable opinion, the real me is like, GO GO GO! But I keep having to remind myself people have lives.
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

It's up to you. Remember you will be free to leave at any time if it gets too much for you and you'll always be free to join later on as long as the RP doesn't get full also. If you think you can do it or if you want to give it a go then I say go for it.

Don't get too excited yet though guys. Hotep hasn't made the proposal yet and it hasn't been officially approved yet. Just bear in mind that there's still a possibility that it won't happen.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

back. though I may be unable to reply to anything until tomorrow night. I'm tired right now :P
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

welcome back ^^
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Heh, I've been watching Dogs 101 videos on Youtube again, and I have several ideas for RP characters for canines. I don't think I can write for them very well though; been reading my past characters' posts, and they invariably look the same even if their personalities are so different from one another =w=

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

really ? you think so ? I think your characters Grace from applegate , the one in R.A , Apollo , and Snow Tunnel are pretty different from one another , your current character in AG is different enough too .
Hotep the psychic

Post by Hotep the psychic »

Just an update, still busy in life so may not post as much. For those curious im still working on the RG reboot but dont have a specific time of finishing.
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Hey! Just popping in to say that I've not disappeared off the face of the earth!

Lotta RL stuff's been going on and I've not really thought of any way of re-integrating myself into a couple RPs..

So yeah, that's that.

Hope to think of something soon, it's getting kinda boring just stalking the threads all the time..
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Great to hear from you again, Rook!
If you're stuck, feel free to ask any mod or GM or your RPs for help. :) You can also post in their OOCs and ask the players for ideas. We'd all love to see you active again. :)
Also, I hope everything's okay for you in the off-line world. If you need to talk about anything or if there's anything I can do to help other than financial aid then please feel free to poke me either here or on skype at any time. :)
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Hlaoroo wrote:Don't get too excited yet though guys. Hotep hasn't made the proposal yet and it hasn't been officially approved yet. Just bear in mind that there's still a possibility that it won't happen.
So... making hyperactive psychic chinchilla will have to wait? Kay.

Speaking of which, are there any of their kind already in play anywhere? chinchillas i mean, not psychics.

I was going to have her half the size of an average cat, does that sound like a good size?
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

I don't think we do have any chinchillas yet. He or she will be a fun character to have around. :) And yes, half the size of a cat sounds about the right size if google is anything to judge by. :P
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Alright, I've decided to risk it and join RG. I'll work on a character sheet once hotep submits his proposal. I'm thinking about doing something different and playing a cat this time. He calls about the gods themselves for his powers! Also, if its alright, I call this color.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"WellIfYou'reGettingASnazzyColorI'mGettingASnazzyColor. OhHiI'mSandyByTheWay. That'sACoolNameYouHave. YouGetPowersThatWay? How'sThatWork? Ooohhhh cool! OhUmIShouldHaveAskedThisSoonerButYouDon'tMindMindReadingDoYou?" *inhale*
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Officially changed Yensid to a black and white rabbit with blue markings. *casually makes him sound like Oswald the Lucky Rabbit* Gonna can the robots and replace them with a mouse named Retlaw that Yensid magically made to be his height. Retlaw sounds like Mickey Mouse.

Hlaoroo is going to flip out because of these characters. I mean Walter Disney might as well climb out of his grave and sue us for copyright.

"Uh, Yen, who's Hlaoroo? Is he a big monster?" Retlaw asked, pressing his back against his boyfriends and raising his paws. They began to sparkle with a red shimmering mist.

"Sure sounds like it, Ret. But it's ok, we have magical powers." Yensid raised his paws as well, having the same mist as Retlaw, but it was blue in color.
Last edited by Mickey on Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
ImageImageImageImage (There's actually 6 eggs, but I ran out of links)
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

I think picking characters, and especially colors, is getting a little ahead of yourselves for an RP reboot that hasn't been fleshed out yet. We aren;t even sure what level of magic we're talking.

though if it's enough, I think I might recover my time traveling fox from Brookshire Meadows and tweak his story a bit.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

time traveling fox ? like , time lord ? :P
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

nah, he only traveled one way once due to stumbling into some magic.
he also had magical luck. never got to use him much cause BsM went dead.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

ah I see ^^
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Serence Frostbite wrote:really ? you think so ? I think your characters Grace from applegate , the one in R.A , Apollo , and Snow Tunnel are pretty different from one another , your current character in AG is different enough too .
Sure, each character's dialogue is different in personality, just that the way I describe things is pretty much the same all over, which is how I usually write in trying to describe something myself. I see a lot of quirks and tells in my way of writing as well, which I guess might have been a contributing factor to my last burnout in doing RP. Also, I tend to set my bar a little too high and end up having characters that are too complex in their personalities (like Grace's Cantonese accent, or Hajime's butler speech patterns). I did my research on each of them, still not enough for me to be comfortable with any of them in the end.

Anyway, about RG, it's the one with emphasis on magic powers right? How far would magic be influencing the whole story?

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

kurowolfe wrote:
Serence Frostbite wrote:really ? you think so ? I think your characters Grace from applegate , the one in R.A , Apollo , and Snow Tunnel are pretty different from one another , your current character in AG is different enough too .
Sure, each character's dialogue is different in personality, just that the way I describe things is pretty much the same all over, which is how I usually write in trying to describe something myself. I see a lot of quirks and tells in my way of writing as well, which I guess might have been a contributing factor to my last burnout in doing RP. Also, I tend to set my bar a little too high and end up having characters that are too complex in their personalities (like Grace's Cantonese accent, or Hajime's butler speech patterns). I did my research on each of them, still not enough for me to be comfortable with any of them in the end.
I think the way you describe thing was just fine , much better than how I do it , so don't look too much into it ^^.

As for RG , Hotep still hasn't finished the setup yet , so we can't be sure ^^" . The previous RG was pretty magic-oriented .
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

[quote="Serence Frostbite"][/quote]

Who are you? Did we get another new MOD?
What did you do with the IceFox!
Invasion of the body snatchers!
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Keeshah wrote:
Serence Frostbite wrote:

0.0 ! That human is on to us ! GET HIM !!!! :twisted:
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Serence Frostbite wrote:
Keeshah wrote:
Serence Frostbite wrote:

0.0 ! That human is on to us ! GET HIM !!!! :twisted:

Iiiieeeeeeee! :(

Where is are Icefox we all know n' Wov!
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

she's been.....assimilated :lol:
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

kurowolfe wrote:

Anyway, about RG, it's the one with emphasis on magic powers right? How far would magic be influencing the whole story?
Yeah, I like how you do things too. It's refreshing to see a player really exploring their characters' thoughts and emotions.

As to RG, the original was definitely very much about the magic so it'll be interesting to see how Hotep changes it.
Keeshah wrote:Iiiieeeeeeee! :(

Where is are Icefox we all know n' Wov!
I'm afraid that being made a mod affects us all differently. This is the price we all must pay when we assume the mantle. Serence Ice Fox is sadly no more. Serence Frostbite is the way of the future! :P
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Hotep the psychic

Post by Hotep the psychic »

Im almost done with the neighborhood sheet.

So roo expect something wither today or so

ATTENTION:

Be advised that Radient Gardens reboot, Radients Vineyard will be posted into the OOC board very soon. Ill be happy to take up requests there. Thank you!
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!
valerio

Post by valerio »

bad, bad night's sleep. drowsy. back here tomorrow. sorry
Deske

Post by Deske »

Thank you Hotep. You have successfully made me realize how bad I am at coming up with a super power that isn't overpowered when placed next to everyone else's.
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Guys, I made a new character!

Name: Princess Perfect Rainbow Sparkle Glitter Punch

Color: This prefect pretty pink!

Type: Main because she's pretty and perfect and she Needs all the attention!

Species/Breed: Brittany (What?!)/Calico ('Scuse me?)/Degu (How?)/Dhole (Disgraceful!)/Dingo (You wot, mate?)/Jackal (Can ya not?) /Mouse (I'm gonna be sick.)/Rabbit (What in the name of...)

Neighbourhood:

Appearance: She's black with neon rainbow hair and bright pink markings on her belly, tail, and sides. She wears silver bracelets on her arms, a ring on her finger, a tail ring, and an earring. (That's our design!) She also wears a blue and red lab coat that has ruby and sapphire buttons. (Hey!) She wears a blue shirt and lapis beads (Yeah, no.) under a red handkerchief. (This is startin' to burn a bit.) She also wears a holster with her sparkly pretty, pink boomerangs! (I don't wanna watch anymore....)

Personality: PPRSGP is the best character out there! She can do anything anyone else can, but much better! If you can win first place in the Science Fair, then she can win first, second, and third! (That's not even possible!) If you can tell a bunch of kits and pups a story, she can tell a story and draw prefect pretty pictures with the smoke of a fire! (It's not that easy!) If you can lasso a bull three times your size, she can pull it down in half the time and cook it with her super kawaii rainbow sparkle lightning/paint powers that are superior to others! (That's an exaggeration.) (Yeah, it's a bit- MICKEY NO!) If you can hit an attacking falcon with a boomerang, she can do it and give the falcon a makeover in the process! (Someone dies today. I don't care who, someone just does.) If you can cook like a true chef, she can cook a five star meal, serve it and drinks, and cook dessert and it will all taste better than what you make! (Now, I am a pacifist, but if you insult me or my family's cooking, they're will be dire consequences.)

Other notes: If she is not approved, I will, like, quit the forums.

S.P.E.C.I.A.L stats:
- Strength: 2 (She's still stronger than Delilah) (THE CHARABUYA CLAN TAKES ON ALL COMERS!)
- Perception: 10 (She can read people better than Mickey) (Let's see who can tell who's people think is the better OC first)
- Endurance: 2 (She can still run longer than E can!) (I doubt that. Greatly.)
- Charisma: 10 (She's more charming than Mario) (Yet, my "siblings" like me.)
- Intelligence: 10 (She's smarter than Flukely) (*sets up complex math equation on two blackboard* Bring. It.)
- Agility: 2 (She's still more agile than Yensid and Retlaw) (Let's climb the castle then.)
- Luck: 6 (She's luckier than James) (If you're luckier than me, then why do you exist?)

I figured some people needed a laugh. No, she is in no way serious. I would never create something like this.
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

i was half expecting neighborhood to say 'all of them'.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

haha XD
Deske

Post by Deske »

Aww, I was really looking forward to seeing a Princess Perfect Rainbow Sparkle Glitter Punch coming to every neighborhood, think of the time discrepancies!
Welsh Halfwit2

Post by Welsh Halfwit2 »

Having a bit of trouble with my main account that the Admins are looking into. Using this for now.
If you're seeing a 2 in my name, assume I tried to change E-mails and the system's messed it up.

Sig is Keeva, a girl from SteelHaven.
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Ok, everyone, I will be leaving for about a week on vacation with my friends. Everyone has free range control of all my characters if needed. The only characters not allowed to controlled are Yensid and Retlaw, for they have not even been used yet. Anyone else is allowed.

Oh! And you are free to use Princess Perfect Rainbow Sparkle Glitter Punch.

PLEASE NO!
My characters!
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

:lol: :lol: :lol: that reaction
well , have fun Mickey , see ya in a week :)
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

*ATTENTION Snow Tunnel, Sunset Plateau, Applegate, and Blue Peak Shore players and GMs*

I was not going to say this today, however considering what tomorrow is, I may not have the time or may forget about it, or be tired. BUT. The date is still a little in the air, but I SHOULD be leaving for vacation JULY 14, for 2 weeks. I also figured to post now (not a complaint) considering the speed of some of the role plays I'm in, so I thought the earlier the better.

I have plans for my characters in case I am unable to post at all, which may be the case. So this is your early warning message.

To Snow Tunnel players: You will be going back to Sparkton.

That is all!