OOC: Radients Vineyard.

For all those times you're not in character, try new "Out of Character"

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Re: OOC: Radients Vineyard.

Post by Hlaoroo »

1.) Currently it's 0.48 pounds to the Australian Dollar

2.) Given the maximum width of the Tasman Sea is 2200km and the maximum jump for an average kangaroo is 8m horizontally, it would take the average kangaroo going at full speed 275000 hops to cross the sea. This would take them approximately 39.3 hours at maximum speed of 56km/h.

3.) She seems fine to me. It'll be fun having her jumping at everything.

4.) No. :P Can you tell I always take things literally? :P
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Buster wrote:Who's assigned to handling the shop's NPCs? Is anybody?
Cause Civ's been doing a lot of standing around waiting for one...
Hotep the psychic wrote:Anyone can control store npcs except the jade dragon store. Thats my control.

Also id like to slow the posting speed some please because im having to catch up and u bet brent will have to too.
Yeah, that's kind of why I've been standing around, there is no way I would have been able to keep up with you guys out there. Plus I would be terrible at any kind of NPC control...
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Hlaoroo wrote:1.) Currently it's 0.48 pounds to the Australian Dollar

2.) Given the maximum width of the Tasman Sea is 2200km and the maximum jump for an average kangaroo is 8m horizontally, it would take the average kangaroo going at full speed 275000 hops to cross the sea. This would take them approximately 39.3 hours at maximum speed of 56km/h.

3.) She seems fine to me. It'll be fun having her jumping at everything.

4.) No. :P Can you tell I always take things literally? :P
That was fantastic, many props to you.
Hotep the psychic

Post by Hotep the psychic »

have your character join mine and brents in Horus's shop that way you can get some interaction ok civ?
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

I did... They got ignored... Oh well, I can work with that.
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Captain Hunk? Really? Really? Good to know you think he's "hunky." :P
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Deske wrote:Captain Hunk? Really? Really? Good to know you think he's "hunky." :P
Or does she just mean he's a meathead?(!) Probably your interpretation.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Deske

Post by Deske »

Somehow I can see both sides of this, but I still feel like it's not in the derogatory manor.

Captain Hunk and Mr. Muscular. I wish I looked as good IRL as I'm sure Rig feels with these new titles.
Rendak

Post by Rendak »

Knock knock, anyone home? I've come to inquire about open slots and how many characters are allowed per player ^u^

Apologies if I missed it the first time around, I skimmed through the opening post!
Husky's are the best dang dog in the existence of ever, fluffy and exciting, lovable and loving, cuddly and warm!

Don't be afraid to hit me up for my skype!
Hotep the psychic

"Hotep someones here to see you!!!!! .....speaking if which you still need to update the first post."

Uuuugggghhhhhhh......thank you horus for that pleasant reminder.

But on the other note rendak yes positions are open feel free to create a character
ImageImageImage
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Got bored and decided to draw Amanda. Just thought I'd share the results!
Attachments
Amanda.png
Amanda.png (212.36 KiB) Viewed 41301 times
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Great job, Neon! :D

Hey, guys, think you have room for another two characters in the RP? :)
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Hotep the psychic

yes there is room, i have to contemplate the characters of use roo im sorry. i do beleive you did send a pm some time ago.
ImageImageImage
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

No worries, Hotep. There's no rush. :)

Would you like me to send you the character sheets in full to give you more of an idea of what I'm thinking? I think I didn't give you much detail there.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Hotep the psychic

plz do, thank you
ImageImageImage
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Okay, so here's the character sheets. :)

Name: Sandy Ashcroft

Neighbourhood: RGV

Species: Golden Retriever Dog

Appearance: As a retriever, Sandy is of a slightly larger than average build with mid-length golden fur which is almost slightly brown on his back, similar to the colour of a perfectly baked pie crust. His ears are floppy and his eyes are a deep, unfathomable brown. His gaze holds a certain intensity as a result of the struggles he's seen but his smile is friendly and welcoming and his tail is always wagging. His collar is old and worn leather, the original colour barely recognizable. The collar is tied at the back with a piece of string as he's grown out of it and had to improvise a solution so he could keep wearing it. He carries a dirty satchel in which he has his favourite tennis ball (his last reminder of home) and a lead, bone, diary and pen all of which are stolen, or "rescued" as Sandy prefers to think of it.

Personality/Back story: Sandy is a young golden retriever with a lisp who has the ability to control fire and heat. He's a stray who discovered his power late on the night of his third birthday (in human years) when he was upset after losing a game of monopoly to his rat friend, Holly, of whom his owner had no knowledge. Throwing a tantrum, he inadvertently launched a fireball from his paws which hit his curtains, setting the old, wooden farmhouse in which he lived alight. By the time the fire brigade got to the house, the place was well alight and his owner had perished as the house didn't have fire alarms and Sandy, panicking in the flames, hadn't managed to rouse him in time. Although Sandy was bewildered to find himself untouched by the flames, Holly also sadly perished. She was definitely not ready to move on though, especially with Sandy in such a state so she returned to him as a ghost to help and guide him. Although she knows nothing of magic and he knows nothing of ghosts, the two decide to flee the scene and start a new life, or in Holly’s case, afterlife. Sandy feared the worst if he was sent to a pound and the truth of his powers exposed so he kept himself hidden, living off his instincts and Holly’s guidance, until the fire and the farmhouse are forgotten amongst more recent news headlines. To all the world now, it’s as though Sandy and his owner never existed.

As Sandy and Holly have travelled, the retriever has grown and matured a lot but his lisp still remains. He's fit, strong and fast but his gentle nature remains and his favourite game is still “Fetch”. During his time on the road he's also learned a great deal of control over his power, mainly through trial and error, much to Holly's chagrin as, in her own words, "With your aim, if I weren't already dead, I'd be roasted Ratatouille!"

Now, it’s three (human) years to the day since that fateful night when Sandy discovered his powers and the dog is just looking for a home, somewhere where he and Holly can blend in and not fear the pound, the weather or the hunger. These days, although he hardly remembers his old owner he does still feel responsible for his and Holly’s deaths. He does his best not to let it get him down though. His struggles with this and with life as a stray with only Holly for company have caused him to develop a certain taste for sarcasm but it’s always in good fun.

Stats: S7, P5, E8, C6, I4, A6, L6,
Name: Holly

Neighbourhood: RGV

Species: Brown Rat

Age at time of death: 3 human years/21 rat years

Appearance: Even brown fur with medium-length whiskers, black eyes and pale pinkish-brown tail, ears and paws. Holly appears at first like any other rat. It's only on close examination that one can tell that she has a slight sheen and oh so slight translucency and it would take an observant pet to see that she casts no shadow nor leaves any pawprints.

Personality/Backstory: In life, Holly was a wild rat whose hole just happened to open in Sandy’s bedroom. As a kit she’d watched fascinated as Sandy as a young pup had played and grown in the room even as she played and grew in her nest. The two had remained separate, Sandy unaware of Holly’s existence until one day when Holly encountered her first ever rat trap. The trap had been set by Sandy’s owner but as soon as the retriever saw the rat pinned but uninjured in the trap his heart had gone out to her and he simply couldn’t stomach killing her. Instead the two of them devised a plan to make Sandy’s owner think that Holly had been killed, and an iron bond between them was formed. Nary a day went by that they didn’t spend hours together, talking, playing, exploring or just hanging out until that Sandy’s fateful third birthday and the night that changed their lives forever.

Just as Sandy learned about himself and his powers during their travels, so too did Holly, as being amongst the dead is not without its privileges. As a ghost she can make herself invisible and she can pass through solid objects with ease, although this took some practice at first, much to Sandy's amusement and Holly's embarrassment as she sustained sore noses and bent whiskers. She also has the ability to float as well as to teleport herself but this is the extent of her abilities, much to her disappointment.

Holly is a sarcastic and quick-witted rat but she’s also got an even temper and her heart is in the right place. She’s loyal to a fault and Sandy likes to describe her as having “The perthonality of thomeone eight feet tall but in an eight inch body. If you know Holly then you know when thse’th there and you know when thse’th not.”

Stats: S2, P5, E3, C7, I8, A8, L4
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

>.< I foresee some interesting circular conversations if he ever meets a certain rodent...

"HiSandy, I'mSandy!"

:mrgreen:
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

*giggle* Should be lots of fun!

"Hi, Thandy, I'm Thandy!"

Hmm. I'll have to pick text colours for Sandy and Holly. Any suggestions?
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

I myself am looking forward to the interactions of the Cryokinetic and the new Pyrokinetic of the town. Oh, the hilarity that shall ensue. Hopefully ensue.

As for colors, I'd suggest a type of red for Sandy Ashcroft, if only for the theming.
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Hmm. I would suggest also suggest a red, but a soft, light red. It stays within the theme of fire, but also shows that Sandy's personality and intentions are kind.

But didn't you pick our colors cause they matched Mickey and Oswald?

Hush. Hush now.
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
ImageImageImageImage (There's actually 6 eggs, but I ran out of links)
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

How about thith colour for me? It'th called "Atomic Tangerine". Cool, huh?"

Does Dark Pastel Green suit me?
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Green suits any mouse, my friend!

Yes! The color of a soft flame!
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Mouse? Ha! I'm a low-down no-good rat and proud of it!
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

There's good in everyone. Somewhere.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

I just spent the last few minutes writing up a list of powers a cartoon wizard/magician can have. What is sleep?
My characters!
Hotep the psychic

Mickey what do you mean wuth your last post on your characters not being asleep if thwy are asleep? Are they sleepwalking kind of thing or are they dreaming and what they hear is what there dreaming about?
Otherwise please redo the post because its not really possible of an outcome
ImageImageImage
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Hmm. My previous typing suddenly has a purpose. Ahem.

A Guide To Cartoon Wizards/Magicians: Sleeping

A cartoon wizard must be asleep and awake the same time. Since I know that doesn't make much sense, I'll just tell ya. A CW has a mind that never stops creating. They are always making new things. You know how your memories and tights are supposed to be stored away, well that's not the case here. A CW can't store away thoughts or else they become a subconscious creation. In other words, one of those really annoying thoughts in the back of your mind. When sleeping, a CW isn't awake, but more so in tune with their surroundings using their learned powers. They can sense things, I guess. Dive they are, you know, sleep, they usually don't move usually uncomfortable, like a normal person. But they will talk if needed. Also, their surroundings affect their dreams, depending on what's there. To sum it up:

They're fast asleep, like normal, but are using their powers to sense and hear. It's a subconscious task for any CW, really. Yensid is producing an invisible, untouchable, completely harmless field of electricity and Retlaw is using a invisible, untouchable, completely harmless group of White Paint Animals to look and hear for him.
My characters!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Soo... Am I officially approved?
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Hotep the psychic

yes roo you are approved
ImageImageImage
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Yay! Thanks, Hotep!

Buster, if that intro post is too controlling of your Sandy then just let me know and I'll change it.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Am i the only one who's even more confused after reading mickey's explanation? that should be biologically impossible. being awake requires the conscious mind to be fully active, REM sleep requires it to be fully dormant, they're mutually exclusive states.

Unless their power somehow either mitigates or repairs the inevitable brain damage from their conscious mind being unable to properly rest, they should be dead. and if it does, they should just not sleep, not go into... whatever convoluted state she just described.
Last edited by Buster on Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Buster wrote:Am i the only one who's even more confused after reading mickey's explanation? that should be biologically impossible. being awake requires the conscious mind to be fully active, REM sleep requires it to be fully dormant, they're mutually exclusive states.

Unless their power somehow either mitigates or repairs the inevitable brain damage from their conscious mind being unable to properly rest, they should be dead. and if it does, they should just not sleep, not go into... whatever convoluted state she just described.
You know what else is biological impossible? A rabbit being able to produce and conduct lightning with his own paws.

They are asleep. The magic they're producing is a subconscious act. Like how a person turns off the alarm, but are still asleep. It's like echolocation, but with magic. Anything within range of their magical field can be sensed within their dream and can be answered by them, but they answer like a person that just woke up and didn't want to. Here:

Since Rig was within Yensids magical field, Rigs words were projected through someone within Yensids dream. Yensid was able to answer. Retlaw can hear Amanda and Kaylee, but it sounds faint depending on how far away they are. All voices heard and objects sensed, as long as they within the magical field, are projected onto their dreamscapes.

Amanda speaks in the real world.
Retlaws field picks it up.
Amamdas words are said by someone or something within Retlaws dream.
Retlaw is able to provide an answer, but is usually too enthralled in whatever dream he's having to actually do so.
My characters!
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

It could be worse. He could've just said, "it's magic, I don't have to explain it."
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Legotron123 wrote:It could be worse. She could've just said, "it's magic, I don't have to explain it."
I'm female.
My characters!
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Heh, someone really needs to redo This Thread so we can all stop confusing each other...
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Whoops. Let's just all say what gender we are. I'm male.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

In that case how are they able to consistently say things as coherent as they're doing? If it's all subconscious, shouldn't anything that comes out of them be either repetition of a habit/instinct, or just as tangential and prone to backwards logic as any dream?
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

You are trying to apply logic to an illogical situation! Here, this is my last resort to explain this clearly:

Retlaw was dreaming in black in white, dressed all old timey like. He was currently rushing toward a mountain, a stood in his paw. He was about to start climbing when a wold, dressed in a sharp suit and tie tapped him on the shoulder.
Deske wrote:"These two should learn how to control their power. This is the second time they've fallen unconscious. Well, I suppose it could be worse."
In the real world, where Retlaw was knocked out cold, Rig was close enough to magical field for his words to be projected into his dream. It was magical. Literally.

Dreamy Retlaw put his paws on his hips and spoke, but his voice went unheard in the dreamworld. What he had tried to say was said by his real world counterpart. But like a groggy teenager on a Monday morning. The wolf disappeared in a puff of smoke and Retlaw was adventuring again.

EDIT: Now I wanna draw everyone all old timey and cartoony!
My characters!
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Except that that explanation doesn't even address the question. You've already explained the mechanics of how the information is carried back and forth. that's not what's in dispute.

WHY IS THE RESPONSE FROM "DREAM RET" COHERENT WHEN DREAMS ARE INHERENTLY INCOHERENT?
AND IF MAGIC IS ALLOWING RET TO REMAIN CONSCIOUS ENOUGH TO FORM COHERENT THOUGHTS, WHY DOES HE NEED TO SLEEP AT ALL?
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

OH BOY, LEMME TELL YA!

They're lucid dreamers. They control what's happening unless they pick up someones voice. They have been so well trained they they have triggers to know when their dreaming. Ret and Yen act so cartoony (and to a lesser extent, the failed blindness cure), that sometimes that's how everything appears. As an old cartoon. This never last long, cause it can be returned to normal just by blinking. But they know they're dreaming when they see certain things. Afterward, they activate the magic field and continue on their dreamy way.
My characters!