2015/08/07 - Rules And Statutes

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Mistacheeeez
Location: Scouring the vast wastelands of the internet for any memes not yet devoured by the masses!

Re: 2015/08/07 - Rules And Statutes

Post by Mistacheeeez »

Sartharina wrote:
Argent wrote:You know, Satau is probably better off in Babylon Acres in the present than in proto-egypt 7000 years ago.

I know that if I was yanked 7000 years in the future into a society as advanced (both technically and socially) compared to ours as ours is compared to his, the last thing I would want is to be sent back. Especially if I have a bunch of billionaire weasels waiting to take care of me.
Because who cares about friends, family, dependents, and others? Especially if you come with no references, work history, relevant education...
not to mention he was probably pretty close to a god back then... he might miss his days of being worshipped by Egyptians! Though I'd probably like it much better if he stayed! :D
I thought about changing my signature but decided against it, it's too much work!
ChekeBello

Post by ChekeBello »

"OR ARE YOU"? So, he will help them somehow? But i think Kitsune wants they do something first.

How else can Satau back in time? Sabby and Tarot are not powerful enough to do it (or they would had already, right?) and I dont think the Miltons had bought a time machine to spare
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

ChekeBello wrote:How else can Satau back in time? Sabby and Tarot are not powerful enough to do it (or they would had already, right?) and I dont think the Miltons had bought a time machine to spare
There are a few magical ways we're aware of outside the statue that still exist: Keene's mana egg, Grape's feather and the temple.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Yeah, we know that: Spirit Dragon likes to play at high risks for her "good" purposes. :P Poor Satau, it seems so, indeed... But don't worry, the modern era is so cool! There's a lot to discover. :) As the shiny statue says, it's going to be an adventure, face it! ;) Eheh, Great Kitsune is made so, Tarot, and it's the first thing that makes him so awesome (and jerk, sometimes). :D Cerberus makes things easier? The fate... King would say "You're so funny...". :P
valerio

Post by valerio »

GameCobra wrote:
ChekeBello wrote:How else can Satau back in time? Sabby and Tarot are not powerful enough to do it (or they would had already, right?) and I dont think the Miltons had bought a time machine to spare
There are a few magical ways we're aware of outside the statue that still exist: Keene's mana egg, Grape's feather and the temple.
And the Opener of Ways^^
ChekeBello

Post by ChekeBello »

valerio wrote:
GameCobra wrote:There are a few magical ways we're aware of outside the statue that still exist: Keene's mana egg, Grape's feather and the temple.
And the Opener of Ways^^
Curious, the options to solve the one Dragon's mess are all Pete's leftovers post game, Keene's mana looks like the best way to work this around but I doubt he will just give it...
cuteycindyhoney

Post by cuteycindyhoney »

Quick, can Keene get his paws on a slightly used Flux Capacitor? Money is no object, unless ity costs too much!
The animated signature I've used for years is too big for this forum! When I get time, I'll have to deconstruct it and make it smaller!
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

Maybe Keene's mana chip could come in handy after all?
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Hmmm... If Satau is sent back with knowledge of how the game ended, Dragon could change her game plan. The past is not fixed...
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
King's Men14

Post by King's Men14 »

I just noticed that the label said "or was it" in the last strip and it now says "or ate you" I'm very confused.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

King's Men14 wrote:I just noticed that the label said "or was it" in the last strip and it now says "or ate you" I'm very confused.
The base appears to change based on the last question asked/not asked in the strip. The last time 'or did I?' may be referring to King's unasked question on if he watched King & Bailey. This time the statement is in response to 'So we're on our own'.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

It actually says "OR ARE YOU" in the last panel of this strip and changed from "OR WAS IT" to "OR DID I" in the last one. It's magic.

Also, I like that the statue becoming animate and holding conversation doesn't confuse you. The text on its base changing is where the line is drawn, eh? *giggles*

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

It's like with Pete's shirt; we loved how often it changed. Forces of the demi-gods, however, we rather quickly got used to.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

I'm surprised no one cached the Magic School Bus reference Kitsune made.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Saturn381 wrote:I'm surprised no one cached the Magic School Bus reference Kitsune made.
I thought the alt-text made it a little too on the nose
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

Saturn381 wrote:I'm surprised no one cached the Magic School Bus reference Kitsune made.
that show was never aired in mah country
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Yeah, I had to explain it to another Italian fan. Cultural differences can really kill some of these jokes, unfortunately.

SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Obbl wrote:
SuperStar wrote:
valerio wrote:Kitsune left them free to deal with the consequences of following dragon's ill advice. Given that supernatural is present and alive in the HP universe, it is but a matter of time before he gets back to his own era, but yes, I truly feel for him, he's been basically lured into this problem through deceit...But again, Dragon IS Pete's sister, so it should be expected...
Dragon warned him, and Kitsune states right here that she was still within the rules, unlike Pete who deliberately broke the rules. Just because people are siblings doesn't mean they're the same. Just because someone's a criminal makes his sister a criminal?
Because "bending" the rules is the moralist's version of "not cheating" :P
Is being a moralist wrong?
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Who said that? Attempts to justify one's actions are common to everyone as far as I'm aware. ;)
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Obbl wrote:Who said that? Attempts to justify one's actions are common to everyone as far as I'm aware. ;)
I... I don't understand what you're trying to convey...
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Obbl is saying everyone tries to justify their actions, even moralists.

Let's pretend the forum forbade profanity and "chocolate bar" was a serious swear. If you wrote "ch0c0l4t3 b4r," you could say you'd pushed the limits without breaking the prohibition on swearing. Have you written "chocolate bar?" Well, no, not really. You could even claim to have the moral high ground - "I'm not like blargleflitz over there, I didn't write that horrible phrase!" As a moderator, it's really far more annoying when someone tries to push the limits of the house rules than when someone flat-out breaks them 'cause at least the person breaking the rules (usually) admits they're in the wrong instead of trying to find ways to pussyfoot around and obviate said rules.

Let's go even further and pretend you were engaged in a game in which one of the rules was "no weird time junk." Now let's pretend you sent your main character forward in time to gain an advantage over your (currently incapacitated) opponent.

Great Kitsune didn't say the Spirit Dragon was innocent. He said "You know Dragon, always looking to push the limits of the house rules." Sometimes you can push the rules till they break.

justacritic

Post by justacritic »

Rick knows his fanbase, too well apparently.

And isn't Kitsune a more hands on learning kind of guy? This is probably the start of another journey of self discovery he seems to be so keen upon.
Frank

Post by Frank »

valerio wrote:
that show was never aired in mah country
Oh no! We must remedy that immediately! 200 mg of the TV pilot stat!
"[E]ven with simple tools, you too can make awesome."
November 21, 2010
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Yeah I think the statue is cute so I do have a crush on him.