Roleplaying Forums Main Out-Of-Character Thread

For all those times you're not in character, try new "Out of Character"

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Jacey
Location: inside a miniture submarine that is orbiting the earth.

Re: Roleplaying Forums Main Out-Of-Character Thread

Post by Jacey »

Hlaoroo wrote:Not to steal your thunder, Civ, but just so you all know, I've caught the flu-like bug that's going around my school lately. I'm coughing, sore throat, sore body, weak, and tonight I started blowing chunks. I'll try to stay active but if I need to take a day or two to recover then please bear with me.
Esper and Serence are very capable mods, now you need to get rest and feel better yourself.
RP Characters:
[All have gone on vacation]
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Yeah, take all the time you need Hlaoroo, focus on feeling better yourself.
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:Not to steal your thunder, Civ, but just so you all know, I've caught the flu-like bug that's going around my school lately. I'm coughing, sore throat, sore body, weak, and tonight I started blowing chunks. I'll try to stay active but if I need to take a day or two to recover then please bear with me.
take good care of yourself, doc. Will be waiting for ya^^
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Aw, feel better Hlaoroo!
My RP Characters and their Voice Claims

I also write stories about kids getting into hi-jinks in a scouting organization. Read them here!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Get better, the lot of you. If you want to, consider it an order.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Get better, the lot of you. If you want to, consider it an order.
And now I'm imagining Corp saying it :lol:
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Serence Frostbite wrote:
Welsh Halfwit wrote:Get better, the lot of you. If you want to, consider it an order.
And now I'm imagining Corp saying it :lol:
The last person to get better is on a charge for malingering!
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Civilization wrote:Welcome to the RP side of the forums Sartharina, hope you have fun here!

And well, I guess I should put this here sooner then later...
I've been sick for a really long time, and well I'm now going to be at the losing side of this battle for the next month or two. Nothing will change about how I post or how many times I can get on and I'll still be around pretty much every day, so if I make a bad post that's still all me. The only reason I'm putting this here is to let you know that over the next month I might drop out of the forums, so if I am ever unexpectedly gone for more than 3 to 5 days, it pretty much means I'm gone for good. So if you're like 'Where is that person?' and it says I've been gone for more than about 5 days, feel free to remove my characters, take control of them, whatever you need to do to them if I'm gone for more than like 5 days go ahead and do it. I'll be sure and find a way to let you know if for some reason I know for sure I'm going to be gone but I won't really be gone for any reason if I can make it to a computer. Chances are that everything will be fine, just making sure I cover every angle just in case. And to say thanks for letting me into all of the RPs you have, for putting up with me, and sorry for getting involved in all the RPs just to say I might have to drop out so soon.
Late on this. But I do hope things get better for you!
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Snow Tunnels is no longer active and has been shut down.

It's something I no longer wish to be part of or take care of and try and to deal with.

Do not pm me.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

I wish you wouldn't, but that's your right as a GM. I hope someone else decided to make a spiritual successor SRP.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:I wish you wouldn't, but that's your right as a GM. I hope someone else decided to make a spiritual successor SRP.
I on the other hand, hope not. And if Snow Tunnels is any way mentioned in another SRP, I'll ask to have that bit removed and or shut down.
HoundInATree

Post by HoundInATree »

Purely out of interest, would the characters of a shut down RP go effectively into storage until the owners could join another RP with them?
My tree now has a café in it. Yay?
Hlaoroo wrote:In Soviet Russia, TreeInAHound!

RP Character(s)
Albert Grant, Sunset Plateau
Larkin Dewolfe, Chivalry Residences
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Sorry to hear you're shutting down ST. By all accounts the players liked that RP. Oh well.
xhunterko wrote:And if Snow Tunnels is any way mentioned in another SRP, I'll ask to have that bit removed and or shut down.
Players are free to find inspiration for characters, plots or neighbourhoods wherever they like, including in discontinued RPs. They are also free to reuse their characters from ST elsewhere if they so choose as well as to create RPs based on others, as was the case with RA being based on the original PF RP or RGV being based on the old RG. You retain the rights to your own characters and to the title of "Snow Tunnels" but you do not have the right to preclude others from even mentioning your RP, only to request that they do not claim the title or your characters as their own. That's international copyright law, xhunter, and it's one of the laws we follow on these forums.
HoundInATree wrote:Purely out of interest, would the characters of a shut down RP go effectively into storage until the owners could join another RP with them?
That's entirely up to the player. They can store them or use them elsewhere or just forget about them. They belong to the player who created them so it's that player's choice as to what happens to them.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Sartharina

Post by Sartharina »

xhunterko wrote:Snow Tunnels is no longer active and has been shut down.
Doesn't shutting down an RP require a majority vote from the players?
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Situational RPs (SRPs) are actually different. they have an intended story the GM has and already have a limited lifespan. So it ends when the end goal is met or the GM doesn't want to continue it.

in most RPs, anyone can easily take over, so closing it requires a majority vote, or a very low activity rate/few active players to shut it down.

plus, snow Tunnels had a unique combat/action system involving dice and modifiers. to actually continue as is someone other than hunter would need to know how exactly that worked and be willing to implement it.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

So, I submitted an idea for a RP based on the Sonic games to our wonderful mods, and they agreed to let me run it! :D So with your help, we can have another RP! Here is the basic premise of...Sonic Adventure: Grand Metropolis

Based on the famous Sonic games by Sega, the characters are Mobians (anthropomorphic animals) who live in the city of Grand Metropolis. Grand Metropolis is one of the largest cities in the world and is essentially run by the energy company HEXAeco. In the RP the characters will live their lives in this big city while uncovering the secrets it holds. Secrets such as, is HEXAeco as benevolent as it seems, what is the G.U.N base on the outskirts of the city secretly doing, and why does the food at the Nuts and Bolts diner taste so good? Lots of fun character driven adventure, excitement, and exploration! Now looking for interested players!

I also write stories about kids getting into hi-jinks in a scouting organization. Read them here!
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

*slams in and punches through a wall*

SIGN ME UP!
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
ImageImageImageImage (There's actually 6 eggs, but I ran out of links)
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:Situational RPs (SRPs) are actually different. they have an intended story the GM has and already have a limited lifespan. So it ends when the end goal is met or the GM doesn't want to continue it.

in most RPs, anyone can easily take over, so closing it requires a majority vote, or a very low activity rate/few active players to shut it down.

plus, snow Tunnels had a unique combat/action system involving dice and modifiers. to actually continue as is someone other than hunter would need to know how exactly that worked and be willing to implement it.
For the record, Snow Tunnels had 0 dice rolls. Nada, none. It was all tables, how the player's posted, and LOTS and LOTS and LOTS of rule of fudge.
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Mickey wrote:*slams in and punches through a wall*

SIGN ME UP!
That's one! :D

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

xhunterko wrote:
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:Situational RPs (SRPs) are actually different. they have an intended story the GM has and already have a limited lifespan. So it ends when the end goal is met or the GM doesn't want to continue it.

For the record, Snow Tunnels had 0 dice rolls. Nada, none. It was all tables, how the player's posted, and LOTS and LOTS and LOTS of rule of fudge.
just proves that you're the only one who knows how to run it. thanks for the clarification

and Weird, I'm also interested in that RP, so you have 2

Applegate is now closed to new players
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote: and Weird, I'm also interested in that RP, so you have 2
Awesome! Any more takers?

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

WeirdGamer wrote:Awesome! Any more takers?
you said there's a G.U.N. Base right?

Image"Cpl. Black reporting for duty, sir."
Say hello to Katt. I haven't had an excuse to use her in years.

That said it'll be a juggling act maintaining four characters.
Buster is constantly standing around doing nothing though...
Hmmm...
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Unless G.U.N. is the kinda group that accepts transforming alien robots that disguise themselves through holomatter avatars as members, I don't think I'll be joining.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Well, they have a kleptomaniac bat, a half Black Arms half hedgehog genetically engineered immortal living weapon, and a rogue super robot built by a wanted madman, among their field agents... so they might.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Buster wrote:
WeirdGamer wrote:Awesome! Any more takers?
you said there's a G.U.N. Base right?

Image"Cpl. Black reporting for duty, sir."
Say hello to Katt. I haven't had an excuse to use her in years.

That said it'll be a juggling act maintaining four characters.
Buster is constantly standing around doing nothing though...
Hmmm...
That's three!
Legotron123 wrote:Unless G.U.N. is the kinda group that accepts transforming alien robots that disguise themselves through holomatter avatars as members, I don't think I'll be joining.
Given the insanity of the Sonic games...

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Buster wrote:That said it'll be a juggling act maintaining four characters.
I have 9 characters plus one more for this RP, run 2 RPs, help moderate the entire forum, and starting on the 24th I have classes to get done to graduate college and handle the money for an anime club. I'm sure you'll be able to manage 4 characters.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

I have 8 characters, 4 by themselves and 4 in two pairs, and 1 more character in development. Three speak different languages, two have magical abilities, and one has a mental illness.
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
ImageImageImageImage (There's actually 6 eggs, but I ran out of links)
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

WeirdGamer wrote:
Legotron123 wrote:Unless G.U.N. is the kinda group that accepts transforming alien robots that disguise themselves through holomatter avatars as members, I don't think I'll be joining.
Is this a yes? Because there's a character that I've had on a back burner for a while that I've been wanting to use. It'd technically turn the RP into a crossover, but that can be discussed in a PM.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Legotron123 wrote:
WeirdGamer wrote:
Is this a yes? Because there's a character that I've had on a back burner for a while that I've been wanting to use. It'd technically turn the RP into a crossover, but that can be discussed in a PM.
Sorry, but I would like to avoid a crossover. It's an interesting idea, but for now, the RP should probably focus on one universe at a time. You're welcome to create a character from the Sonic Universe though. I would love to have you!

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

WeirdGamer wrote:Sorry, but I would like to avoid a crossover. It's an interesting idea, but for now, the RP should probably focus on one universe at a time. You're welcome to create a character from the Sonic Universe though. I would love to have you!
This actually sounds very interesting. I'm considering signing up...
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

MrNeonShot wrote:
WeirdGamer wrote:Sorry, but I would like to avoid a crossover. It's an interesting idea, but for now, the RP should probably focus on one universe at a time. You're welcome to create a character from the Sonic Universe though. I would love to have you!
This actually sounds very interesting. I'm considering signing up...
Please do! I think you'll have fun with it.

~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

I'm also thinking about joining the Sonic RP..

It's just my character would be too much like Tails.. :[
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

~\Rook/~ wrote:I'm also thinking about joining the Sonic RP..

It's just my character would be too much like Tails.. :[
Try it out. Just because two characters start with a similar concept doesn't mean they can't end up very distinct and different through characterization. ;)

Anyway, if you are interested, I'll get to work on creating the OOC page since I think 4-5 people should be enough to start. And I'm sure more will join once it has a OOC page.

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Alright, I'll get to work on writing my characters up.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Great! It will probably be up sometime in the next 5 to 6 hours depending on how long what I'm about to go do takes.

Edit: The OOC page is now open! Come on in, Sonic Adventure: Grand Metropolis is accepting new characters! :D

Hotep the psychic

Post by Hotep the psychic »

anyone know what happened to hyper?
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

last I heard Hyper is in a band camp or something like that . You may wanna poke him or something .
69eist

Post by 69eist »

Guess who's back fluffers.
My Personas

Remember the past to understand the present. That way, we can look forward to the future.
Jacey
Location: inside a miniture submarine that is orbiting the earth.

Post by Jacey »

Welcome back
RP Characters:
[All have gone on vacation]
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Yay! Good news, look forward to seeing you around again!
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.