Non HPU:Chival Res OOC

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Jacey
Location: inside a miniture submarine that is orbiting the earth.

Non HPU:Chival Res OOC

Post by Jacey »

RP: Chival Res

GM: Iron Panda
Co GM: Serence Frostbite

Announcement:
There has been a change in GM's recently, as such and with discussion by other players, there are going to be a few changes to the game. The core theme and setting still exists however.

Are you ready for another tale of adventure? heroism? villainy?....Welcome true believers to the Chival Residences (Chival Res)! The city of Heroes! Comet City is a newer town south of the capital of a rather unpopular part of America. It is here that Entrepreneur Edward Smith has established CrimTech (standing for Coalition of Resach, Innovation, and Medicine TECHnologies), this business has given the city a very massive growth and turned the small railroad town into a metropolis. In this world few heroes and villains have been known to exist. Until now, this new City is about to become the epicenter of the next age of our world, an age of villains and heroes and you, the player, are a part of it.

EXCELSIOR!

RP Features
[As per the conversation that recently took place. Dice rolls and the game mechanics presented at the start of the game have been removed. They have been replaced, instead, with a swimming pool of berry flavored jello for us all to enjoy]
Dual setting - There are two main areas the story will unfold. The first is the developing city where the pets reside. This is like a town developing into a city. The mayor (one of the old heroes) will provide for your residence as an incentive for choosing to take part. The second area is a neighboring city which has a high crime rate. So you’ll have plenty of ways of saving the day. (Sirens start sounding in the background)

Multiplot system - Every scenario will involve at least two or more situations where pets have to split up and solve the problem. This also includes mini situations that causes a delay in the hero's path like saving people from a falling bridge. (Help! I’m stuck in a tree!)

Notes when making a character:
1. All pets require at least one human owner.
2. No stat may be lower than 2 points.
3. Reptiles, birds, amphibians and all other forms of animal will be in anthromorphic form.
4. You have a choice of having a Power, Tech and Skill archetypes. (To be explained)
5. If you plan to make your hero Magic or anything else, please place it under the power archetype.
6. Due to quite a few character having stealth like builds, It would be preferred that any new players select other powers and abilities. This doesn't mean that any character with the build will be rejected (especially if there is a strong case presented), just encouraged to try something different.
7. When it comes to heroes you have a spectrum to play with. You have Batman, who is a human with no powers and nothing special about him, and Superman, who has almost any power imaginable and is written to be as strong as the writers need. Since creating villains and threats that can go toe to toe with superman level characters would seem to be to much for any of the other players at the moment, please consider this when making a character. (In short; now is not the time to introduce Superman into the game, though it can happen later).

Future Expansions:
1. If needed I will ask for volunteers to take special responsibilities in the RP. (TBA)
2. The option to play as a villain may be granted after the 1st arc.
3. The option to use other archetypes of heroes e.g. (Magic, etc.) may be granted later. [This rule is no longer valid and magic is allowed after a discussion by GM's IP and serence]
4. Players make take on the responsibility to decide the plots of an arc.

Current setting: South of Boise, Idaho in the fictional city of "Comet City". The city lies on the border of the bruneau sand dunes, and the (very fictional and doesn't exist in the real world, I know I live in Idaho) Bruneau falls (Sand on the west, water falls on the east). A few hours drive will get you to the Shoshone Falls (which is real) and the ice caves located there (also, real).

The RP takes place many years after a group of heroes known as "The Guardians of Earth" were known by the general public for saving the world from an alien attack. The alien ship was spotted years before, the United Nations created a secret team of extraordinary individuals with exceptional abilities and intelligence and created a team. Many were reluctant but a core group was eventually formed. The government has secretly kept the identity of the individuals secret. But their Codenames have been released, among them were "Silver", "Shade", "Blink" to name a few. Earth was lucky to not have to much collateral damage as the heroes challenged the aliens and fought them on the mother ship (it had an arena, also it was a trap). The team did suffer casualties however and after the attack the group disbanded.

One of these heroes has become a well known name, "The Shade" his name in infamous in many crime families and even rumors of his activity inside Comet City. Have been enough to keep many crime bosses and would be villains out of the city. However many villains now believe that The Shade is a myth now, long dead or retired. They are half right as Edward is that hero of the past, and is retired, to old now to be as active in the past.

With new threats rising Edward will need to find new heroes to keep the city and eventually the world safe from those who would harm it.

Stat System H.E.R.O.I.C.S.
H - Handling (The Dexterity stat. Can refer to power mastery or use of tools and weaponry)
E - Endurance (The Stamina stat. How well a pet can take physical or mental stress)
R - Reflex (The Reaction stat. The ability to respond to actions and acts as agility)
O - Observation (The Perception stat. How well one pays attention or notices things passively)
I - Intelligence (The Mind stat. Ability to recall, learn quick or think fast. May also be of high IQ)
C - Chance (The Fortune stat. Determines the luck of the characters)
S - Strength (The Power stat. Measures the physical, energy or power source of a character)
Stat points allocatable - 42

Here is a sample NPC and format of the character sheets. Make sure you PM me before posting here for approval. Other than that, have fun brainstorming.

NPC and character sheet sample
Character name: Mayor Johnny Bingo
Owner name: Miles Bingo
Species: Fennec Fox

Appearance:
Mayor Bingo is a Yellow Fennec Fox with blue eyes and wears a white suit with a red tie. He’s kinda short since he is kind of a Fennec Fox. But he’s not that short in stature. He’s always seen with

Personality: Mayor Bingo is daring and confident super. He loves to test his luck and challenge the impossible. He loves seeing people trying to overcome impossible odds and is always rooting for the underdogs. He does tend to be a little rash and leaves things too much to fate. But that doesn’t stop him from making a good choice.

Background: Mayor Bingo started out as a hero at a young age…, more of a sidekick/ hero in training. As time passed, his ability has heightened and has brought him many blessings of fortune. This kinda influenced his position in office. He does his best to contribute to the community and does charity projects on the side.

Character Archetype
Alias: Little Longshot
Archetype: Power Type
Alignment: Good

Ability:
Instinctive luck factor – As the name suggests, Little Longshot here gets these special vibes that can help make a decision that comes with the greatest benefits. This comes in randomly though so he makes up with training.

Tech: (None)

Peripherals (Equipment/tools) – Coins (He uses these as throwing weapons and sometimes uses them to sabotage equipment)

Training – To make up for his lack of strength, he studies the behavior of people to help his luck factor. He also has a little marksmanship.

H.E.R.O.I.C.S.
H: 6
E: 3
R: 6
O: 7
I: 6
C:10
S: 4

When presenting an archetype, follow this:

Alias: (Hero's name)
Archetype: (Power if you have powers, Tech if you rely on gadgets, Skill if you rely on your own training or skills)
Alignment: (Good/Neutral/Evil)

Ability: (Only fill up if you have superpowers. Otherwise, put None)
Tech: (This is for Tech types and what gadgets they rely on. Can apply to main equipment of skill types too)
Peripherals: (Tools heroes used like grappling hooks, smoke bombs or stuff)
Training: (Specific skill heroes learned on their own or are naturally adept to)

The following are villain suggestions given to me by Legotron. If anyone would like to play or use these villians, let me know and I will give you the rest of their information. You are all welcome to submit your own (in fact, please do).

Alias: The Consumer

Archetype: tech

Alignment: Chaotic Evil

Ability: Self replicating nanites. They convert matter into more nanites, so as long as there's something for him to absorb he can last forever, though he can only absorb solids. The only way to be completely rid of him is to completely submerge him in liquid. He can also absorb pieces of tech and replicate them for his use, kinda like Megaman.

Tech: See above.

Peripherals: Whatever he has absorbed.

Training: Gains mastery over any tech he absorbs.

Alias: "I don't have an alias, now go away before I zap you." (Megan Machent)

Archetype: Tech

Alignment: Neutral Evil

Ability: None

Tech: If she's in her current lab, then she has access to seven different types of Gatling guns, a better security system than Fort Knox, and an army of flying killdroids. Otherwise she just has what's on her belt.

Peripherals: Every single tool known to man, the worlds most powerful tablet, and several types of lethal and non-lethal weapons, both physical and ranged, all stored either on her belt or in her hyperspace pocket. She always has something to get away from pursuers, be it a fold-out jet pack, a short-range teleporter, or just a simple trap door.

Alias: The Chessmater

Archetype: Skill

Alignment: Lawful Evil

Ability: None

Tech: Various classes of chess themed robots, each with powers befitting their status, all provided by Megan.

Peripherals: A kingly staff with a jewel on top that, thanks to Megan, shoots a powerful laser.

Training: A masters in sociology, and black belts in three different types of martial arts.

For now I am going to post them in batches, to test how well these three will be due to the small player size.
Last edited by Jacey on Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:54 pm, edited 22 times in total.
RP Characters:
[All have gone on vacation]
Jacey

Re: Non HPU:Chival Res OOC

Post by Jacey »

Here is my character, Dorian. which this should be all that's needed for you all to see.

Now just remember Do not post anything after background. the characters archetype, stats, powers, abilities are to remain a secret. Thank you.

Character name: Dorian Smith

Owner/parent: Edward Smith (human)

Species: Red Panda

Age: 25 pet years (10 human. because it seemed like a good round number)
Text: Dorian
Chips text

Appearance: Normal red panda patterns, though his tail pattern is slightly different, with more rings on the fur. Green eyes. Normally wears buisness-casual attire unless at his normal job, which is normally a t-shirt and jeans.

Personality; Confident in his natural abilities, while he does think things through. As a hero his confidence can get the better of him and he might attempt an idea without thinking if it would work or not. He is quick to use wit and humor, a lot of times to taunt. Normally he will be serious when he needs to or when he isn’t being the hero and having to keep up an appearance for his owners company. He cares about the town and those who don't have much and aims to help the less fortunate.

Background: Adopted by Edward at a very young age, while he considers his human owner as a father figure. Edward did have to leave when Dorian was older to work on the company CrimTech and bring it to the level of popularity it is today. This has left a small rift between the two as Dorian felt abandoned.

His owner/father doesn’t want him growing up spoiled and think money is freely available. So Dorian was sent to the new town of Chival Re to live and build his own life there at 18. Six years passed and dorian became a skilled mechanic, and the heir to Crim Tech (as well as overseeing the new CrimTech building in the town. which also acts as a technology museum/education center).

three weeks prior to the RP, The CrimTech R&D building no one knows the cause, but the section of the lab that was working on time travel was obliterated.
RP Characters:
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

I'm not looking to commit right now but I'll keep an eye on it - in case I change my mind.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
69eist

Post by 69eist »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:I'm not looking to commit right now but I'll keep an eye on it - in case I change my mind.
Sure thing Welsh. There's no limit yet and I'm always open to having new RPers join.
My Personas

Remember the past to understand the present. That way, we can look forward to the future.
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

So, well, here are my characters, hope I did this right.

Name: Yves Argall
Color: This one
Species: Ferret

Appearance: White fur with gray fur on top of his head, top side of his snout, both shoulders, and top side of his tail. Has silver colored eyes, not quite gray but not quite blue in appearance. Wears an analog type wristwatch and has a black utility belt he uses to carry all sorts of helpful things along with a black collar with a silver tag.

Personality: Always seems stressed about time, yet always has nothing of vital importance to do. Even with a stressed attitude about time whenever he is doing something he gets very relaxed, taking his time to get it right until he can no longer spare the time, then he’ll push his luck and try to get it done but that stresses him out too. He tries hard to maintain a structured schedule, which to others may appear not like much but his general outline helps him relax a little more.

Other notes: Grew up in a very modest but well off home, with a very caring but sometimes busy owner. Even with a few neighborhood friends he found himself quite bored, so he tried his luck at committing small crimes, usually petty thievery stuff and a little breaking and entering. He learned how to be quick on his paws and how not to get noticed. While this gave him the something he was looking for it didn’t make him happy doing it, even if he returned what he took without the owner knowing it. So he stopped doing it mostly, just sticking to the see if I could, but never do it attitude.

Name: Uistean Argall
Color: This one
Species: Ferret

Appearance: Typical chocolate ferret coloration. Has a brown left eye and blue right eye. Tends not to wear or carry anything.

Personality: Likes to mess with things, whether it be how something is set up or how something works, he’s got to see if it could just be a little better. He is also very interested in how to make stuff and engineering/construction, though he has nothing to use to explore this interest besides whatever Yves can come up with, which isn’t much. The only thing that tops this is his unnatural obsession with food, he has the same reason as with how things work, only with food too. If he can he will waste a lot of ingredients just to see if it could be edible afterwards.

Other notes: Was purchased from a more uncaring owner by Charley to give Yves some company. Luckily for them they hit it off and did become close friends, while Yves wanted to have more excitement he was quite happy with the life that he had now and didn’t take part in whatever his friend was doing. Instead he used his new found freedom to inspect anything he could get his paws on, which he found he was drawn more to more mechanical items. Also he found that he liked spending time in the kitchen and inspecting food too, which he could do more freely to his joy. Also can cook amazing meals that can make one that eats it feel pretty good or a number of small attitude boosts depending on what he has to work with and how long he can prepare the meal.

Name: Charley Argall
Species: Human
Background: Works as a sous chef for a well off restaurant, which provides enough income for them to live modestly and provides them with enough food for practice/experiments/eating. Though increased pressure at work forced him to focus less on his home life, even at home he is doing stuff for work, though Uistean managed to find a way to help out with that.
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

I look forward to this interesting adventure. Onwards to greatness my friends!

Name: Blithe
Color: 0080BF
Species: Cat

Appearance: Blithe is black and brown in jagged stripes over his thin and lithe body, has brown eyes. He appears to be quite feminine, often mistaken for a girl due to his appearance and voice. Often wears a yellow scarf.

Personality: Blithe is often calm and happy, tries to help others and hardly ever feels negative emotions such as anger, but can hit a breaking point should his berserk button be pushed.

Name: Sky
Color: 80bfbf

Appearance: Dark Silver all across her body and has dark green eyes. Wears dark blue gloves on her handpaws.

Personality: Primarily, Sky is calm and silent, she got this way to protect her brother's more happy and oblivious nature. With her guard down she'd be much more excitable and talkative.

Owner/Parent: Diana Smith (human)

Mutual Background: Blithe grew alongside his sister Sky, both raised by their daredevil mother and basically only ever knew the life of living by adventure where ever possible. After many years of adventuring, training and skydiving, their mother wants to settle herself down, while still allowing her pets to go out and have dangerous fun. She has been hopping all over the world trying to find the best place for them to continue their ever dangerous adventures without being too far from home.
69eist

Post by 69eist »

I hope you're prepared, we're gonna start with a bang for the first arc. (Laughs softly but evilly)
My Personas

Remember the past to understand the present. That way, we can look forward to the future.
HoundInATree

Post by HoundInATree »

Well, I'm eager to start now. :D

Character name: Larkin Dewolfe
Species: Red Fox
Text colour: This fiery orange (FF3000)

Owner: Francis Dewolfe

Appearance: Larkin has a long, fluffy, mostly red fur which he dyes to appear more orange then red. His undercarriage, lower jaw and around his nose are white as well as the tip of his tail. His paws and lower parts of his limbs are completely black. He also has black highlights throughout his red fur. He has bright yellow coloured eyes and two black stripes along travelling along the top of his muzzle towards them from his noise, one on each side. He’s tall and a little thinly built. He likes to wear sports glasses and a crimson coat with a black trim with a lot of inside pockets, over his shoulders.

Personality: Larkin is determined and forth going. He loves tinkering with mechanical objects but dislikes having to rely on electronics. He enjoys fixing broken objects and giving them a new lease of life. Controversially, sometimes he has to break something down before he can ‘fix’ it. Always eager to fix something he carries an array of small tools, screws, bolts, etc. in his pockets for just an occasion. He also needs to set himself apart from the others around him and can’t stand to be similar to anyone else. He needs to feel unique.

Background: Before Larkin was adopted from a shelter where he was amongst many other foxes of the same breed as himself. He felt he was just another one of them. For him this had to change. He spent a lot of time trying to stand out from the crowd by helping to fix small things around the shelter. One day he was helping with a redecoration project when he spilt paint on himself. Everyone noticed, which is what prompted him to dye his fur just enough to catch someone’s eye without making it obvious that he’d done anything.
My tree now has a café in it. Yay?
Hlaoroo wrote:In Soviet Russia, TreeInAHound!

RP Character(s)
Albert Grant, Sunset Plateau
Larkin Dewolfe, Chivalry Residences
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

69eist wrote:I hope you're prepared, we're gonna start with a bang for the first arc. (Laughs softly but evilly)
I'm not prepared for this.
RP Characters:
Deske

Post by Deske »

That feeling when you can't come up with a character at all...
69eist

Post by 69eist »

Deske wrote:That feeling when you can't come up with a character at all...
If I were you, I'd list down superheroes that inspire you or powers that interest you.

I also have some powers I've been listing down on my spare time to draw inspiration. Care to read one or two?
My Personas

Jacey

Post by Jacey »

Having just in general problems? Can't think of how to create a hero? I know a good deal with some hero stuff if you need suggestions.
RP Characters:
Deske

Post by Deske »

Seeing powers would be nice. Give it a good feel for what you're looking for in terms of how powerful they actually are.
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

While it isn't 69's list.
I would like to add some suggestions of my own.

With superhero powers, you can have a pretty big list, almost anything is free game. (when it comes to heroes, in this rp, we will have to see if its okay)
With skill/ability type powers you have stuff like Green arrow, Black Widow, Hawkeye, nightwing, the question.
Where they have little tech, but their abilities come from their trained skill. such as:
Marksmen; these heroes are really good shots, better than almost anyone, and they can back up their boasts. Characters like hawkeye and green arrow learned to use arrows that were modified for certain situations (hawkeye used to be in a circus...of evil. no really. he had trick arrows).
Martial arts; characters that are skilled fighters, they have other gadgets but they can go toe to toe with almost anyone and win in a fist fight. This would be someone like Black Widow who uses her skills to infiltrate into places and is an expert fighter.
Deductive reasoning; not a lot of heroes have such skill. The best I can think of (outside of batman) was the Question. he/she is a detective and a very good one.

With technology you have heroes like Iron man, Batman, Moon knight, cyborg, Falcon, The atom. While they could fit into the skill category, these heroes use a lot of tech to get the job done (in cyborgs case, he is a living computer). While they might not be able to shoot a target from miles away with a bow and arrow, they could always call down a laser from a satellite to do the job.
Such powers here could be.
Power armor: Their arsenal and almost all comes from the suit, from firing energy blasts, to shrinking down and talking to ants. Their suit usually has a purpose for existing and does just what they need.
Cybernetics; this actually probably wont fit in this RP as I don't think we are at this technology level. but in comics, many characters have prosthetics that seem to be more than just there to replace a limb.
All the gadgets; Pretty much, Batman stuff here. this character is probably wealthy, and while they don't have a suit of armor to fly around and be awesome in, they don't need that. their armor keeps them alive and they have an array of gadgets and tech to control a fight.

(many of the tech stuff will blend with skill to, kind of going to happen)

Lastly you have genetic or "Meta-human" abilities. These heroes are either born with powers or gain them through some means.
Heroes like: Spider-man, Martian Man-Hunter, Dare Devil, Hulk, Captain America, flash.
These heroes normally have one or two set of powers;
Super speed (they run, really fast, move really fast, refer to the new flash tv series to see why this is awesome please)
Super strength; they aren't just strong, they can lift a car like its cardboard (as well you can add acrobatics/agility in this and super speed)
enhanced senses: Just imagine spider-mans spider sense, or daredevils enhanced senses from radioactive stuff
laser eyes
sound manipulation
water control
earth/ground control, alertation
fire creation/manipulation
ice abilities (also for you tech guys, there is a villain with a ice gun, 69 might be okay with that)
light spectrum manipulation
flight
Just please don't take all the powers and be superman.
RP Characters:
Deske

Post by Deske »

Alright I've got it. 10's across the board and all the powers. No problem. Be right back guys, I'm making the Avatar.
Last edited by Deske on Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

If you do, I will be quite cross with you.
and I might have your character wear purple. the color of supervillains! (I wouldn't really force you to do anything)
if you are unsure, I would say, look up some heroes, see their powers, if you see what you like write a few down and then narrow down what you might like your character to have and what will not work if combined perhaps.
RP Characters:
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

For completeness Elongated Man is counted as a Detective almost as skilled as Batman. Marvel's best detective? Oddly it's either Daredevil or the Punisher.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

Huh, never knew about elongated man, I always thought he was a Mister fantastic clone. or is that someone else?
and yeah... Marvel really doesn't have any detective heroes outside of those two do they?
RP Characters:
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Iron Panda wrote:Huh, never knew about elongated man, I always thought he was a Mister fantastic clone. or is that someone else?
and yeah... Marvel really doesn't have any detective heroes outside of those two do they?
Thinking hard... They have 'White Tiger' too. Or had. White Tiger IV https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Tig ... _Del_Toro)
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Character name: Chris Dunkirk
Owner name: Dr. Samuel Dunkirk
text color: #2C75FF

Appearance: Orange Tabby cat with yellow eyes. wears a blue collar.

Personality: Chris is a good-natured trickster, making jokes as he goes about his business, but when he knows he might lose a fight, he gets serious. He knows when he;s beaten, and will accept help if it's offered to him, but if he;s the last chance he'll fight til his last breath.

Background: Chris grew up on the street, always avoiding animal control. He had no idea what they'd if they found a cat with his abilities, so he spent his life running and fighting. eventually, at age 15, he lost the wrong fight and the animal control officers found him hurt. they took him to a vet, Dr. Samuel Dunkirk, to get patched up. Samuel was sad to see how scared Chris was, so he promised to take him home and make sure no one would hurt him.

a little over 4 years later, Chris is happy living with Sam, practicing his martial arts in a safe environment and honing his other abilities.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
69eist

Post by 69eist »

Things are looking good. The 1st arc is almost ready. This will be a trial or error thing though. So when we do begin, please share your feedback to me and Iron Panda.
My Personas

Deske

Post by Deske »

Character Name: Sirius Nielsson
Age: 50 pet years/ 20 human years (1 Human year=2.5 pet years)
Species: Dog - Siberian Husky
Color of Speech: #934915

Owner: Markuss Nielsson

Appearance:
Sirius's fur is chocolate colored, with it spreading over his head like a hood and around the eyes. It extends down his back over the top of his tail and the backs and outside of his legs. At the edge of this chocolate color he has a silvery lining, almost blue outlining the darker color. As for the rest of his fur, it is a light tan, not a white. His eyes are a light blue, almost white, giving them an icy but warm stare. He is getting old however and the fur on his muzzle is beginning to grey.

Personality:
Even with his age, he hasn't slowed down yet. He's still happy and easy to excite. Not everything might be new for him, but he's been around long enough to know that moping about is no good for anyone.

Background:
Sirius was adopted by a family early in his life. He grew up with them and he loved them. But time is unforgiving and slowly the family dwindled, leaving the latest generation in ownership of him instead of the large group he originally came to. Again the family divided, children took on their own lives and his previous owner, Petrus, was unable to keep up with him. Now he is left in the care of his brother, Markuss.
Last edited by Deske on Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Hey guys! Here's my ref sheet!
---
Name: Matthias Wilsons
Color: Bold Black

Owner: Margret Wilsons
Color: #8000FF

Species: Gecko

Height: About the size of a cat

Neighborhood: Chival Res

Appearance: Normally, Gecko's can blend into the surrounding area, but after Matthias lost his sight, his body is always black (because that's all he can see). His eyes are white, and his body is somewhat like that of a lanky teenager.

Personality: You know that one teenager that everyone thinks is awkward in a charming way? Matthias is that guy. He enjoys studying and hanging out with people, as well as helping out wherever he can. He's also extremely prone to putting his foot in his mouth.

Other Relationships: Maria Wilsons, Mother.
Color: #FF0000

Background: Matthias was walking down the street with his owner one day when suddenly a speeding car came by. Thinking the car was about to hit the 2 of them, Matthias pushed his owner out of the way. Luckily, the car turned on the corner and there were no accidents. However, barrels of some unknown chemicals were being transferred that day, so when the car actually did crash, it crashed into the barrels. Multiple people were in trouble, injured and laying unconscious in the mess. So Matthias jumped into the mess to pull out the unconscious people. After everyone inside the mess was pulled out, Matthias suddenly had a huge migraine shoot through his brain and he was out cold.
It turns out, the chemicals were created to genetically modify animals, so the gecko was the only one affected by the ooze. When he came to, he had lost his sight. (The chemicals were then counted as a failure and went back to the lab.)
Last edited by MrNeonShot on Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

Ahem,
Attention heroes and I guess villains...
Chival Res. Will soon begin it's grand tale of heroism later tonight (making it right now). While GM 69 is currently occupied, we are still going to start.. Don't you worry, we will be starting the arc. However, this is an opportune time to stretch those rp legs. And explore a bit, have some comedy, or start explaining that origin story. Have some fun. You have a suburb, city, a river, and a few miles away a waterfall, dam, and ice caves to see in this setting so you should have good locations.
This rp is set in about 30 years from now. So the city will be still developing, but at a decent size for heroes to have fun in.

I will be getting the dice rolls situated soon. I just need to find a good system for it.
Also guys, any suggestions for our little city name would be nice. That is if you want to suggest of one.
Last edited by Jacey on Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
RP Characters:
Deske

Post by Deske »

Yay excitement! I wonder how this dice rolling is going to work. Also what is the current season? I need to know if I should wear sunglasses or a jacket.
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

Hmm, lets start in mid September. Since it is set in a yet named city in Idaho. Somehow close to twin falls (an actual waterfall) and the ice caves (also a real thing). I would imagine that since there is a river and dam around to, that this is an altered Idaho where those landmarks are close. but the seasons would remain the same (which means, they aren't consistent anyway. Because in Idaho, it rarely is). It is around Fall right about that time, and totally jacket and sunglasses weather (Here I have a combination of both in the fall, in the winter sun glasses are not needed).

Edit: You may all post now. Thank you for playing. Enjoy the game.
RP Characters:
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Iron Panda wrote: Also guys, any suggestions for our little city name would be nice. That is if you want to suggest of one.
Maybe you can name the city after the founder of the super hero base?
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

I'm all for naming it after the founder. Though if your looking for a more innocence city name, go for something like Wellspring? Just an idea if the founder thing doesn't work out.
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Paragon City? (Tip of the hat to the wonderful old MMORPG 'City of Heroes')
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Character name: Strike
Owner name: Gilbert Watson
Color: N/A

Age: Appears to be a cub of 2(5) years old, but demonstrates significantly more knowledge that that should allow. is actually closer to 16(40).
Species: Hybrid wolf, appears to be a mix between a mexican wolf and a Eurasian Wolf

Appearance: Has most of the markings and colors of a Eurasian Wolf save for the black muzzle stripe, shoulder strips, and brow of a Mexican wolf. Though she's small by wolf standards, closer to dog size.

see
http://rpguide.soulsrpg.com/public/imag ... arison.jpg

Personality:
Strike is mute, though you wouldn't know it from the amount of noise she can make. An absolute klutz, trouble seems to follow wherever she goes. It doesn't bother her though, she's perpetually acting like a happy-go-lucky idiot.

Background:
Strike's earliest memories are of being the unwilling test subject of a mad scientist who's theories and devices were a century ahead of their time. After her creator was dealt with by 'supers' she wound up in a kennel where she met her current owner.
Last edited by Buster on Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

Welcome aboard buster.
RP Characters:
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

So does this RP have the same 24 hour delay rule as most of the others?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

that's really only my rule for my RPs, not an official one for all
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Oh...

Really? i thought i had seen it more often than that.

huh.

guess that's a no then?
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

Hmm, well I haven't given anyone the restriction. And I think you should be fine.
It's not been one 69 ever gave. (So yes, post).
RP Characters:
Deske

Post by Deske »

What restriction would this be?
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

Having to wait 24 hours to post pending any objections. But 69 never set it as a rule and since the rp itself is just starting and hardly a day old. I don't think it would be fair to have buster wait. She has 69's and my approval to post her character here. So she should be okay to post in the rp.
RP Characters:
69eist

Post by 69eist »

You forgot to keep your stats hidden.
Buster wrote:Character name: Strike
Owner name: Gilbert Watson
Color: N/A

Age: Appears to be a cub of 2(5) years old, but demonstrates significantly more knowledge that that should allow. is actually closer to 16(40).
Species: Hybrid wolf, appears to be a mix between a mexican wolf and a Eurasian Wolf

Appearance: Has most of the markings and colors of a Eurasian Wolf save for the black muzzle stripe, shoulder strips, and brow of a Mexican wolf. Though she's small by wolf standards, closer to dog size.

see
http://rpguide.soulsrpg.com/public/imag ... arison.jpg

Personality:
Strike is mute, though you wouldn't know it from the amount of noise she can make. An absolute klutz, trouble seems to follow wherever she goes. It doesn't bother her though, she's perpetually acting like a happy-go-lucky idiot.

Background:
Strike's earliest memories are of being the unwilling test subject of a mad scientist who's theories and devices were a century ahead of their time. After her creator was dealt with by 'supers' she wound up in a kennel where she met her current owner.
My Personas

Jacey

Post by Jacey »

Brief important announcement thing.
I just wanted to remind you guys that Chivalry residencies is where the pets are supposed to live, with the city being a big playground for the pets (kind of). So it is likely that we will run into each other a lot. Perhaps even at the closest store near by...

As well you all might want to keep paying attention to where those convicts are and the news broadcasters in my post, as they are going to be part of the story arc, and the first part of that arc is going to be happening in a bit.

With that said I will need to test the dice system on a player, I might ask a few, but if anyone would really like to try it or has an idea for how to test it, let me know.
RP Characters:
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Iron Panda wrote:Brief important announcement thing.
I just wanted to remind you guys that Chivalry residencies is where the pets are supposed to live, with the city being a big playground for the pets (kind of). So it is likely that we will run into each other a lot. Perhaps even at the closest store near by...

As well you all might want to keep paying attention to where those convicts are and the news broadcasters in my post, as they are going to be part of the story arc, and the first part of that arc is going to be happening in a bit.

With that said I will need to test the dice system on a player, I might ask a few, but if anyone would really like to try it or has an idea for how to test it, let me know.
Actually, I thought Chival Res was a part of the developing city, not the crime filled city.