Non HPU:Chival Res OOC

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Civilization

Re: Non HPU:Chival Res OOC

Post by Civilization »

Ooo, Ooo, I want to try and test out that dice thing... Can I, can I!?
MrNeonShot wrote:Actually, I thought Chival Res was a part of the developing city, not the crime filled city.
All cities have crime of some sort though, this could be the one anomaly in this city, which makes it more notable.

Though, when are we going to decide on the city name?
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
Jacey
Location: inside a miniture submarine that is orbiting the earth.

Post by Jacey »

MrNeonShot wrote:
Iron Panda wrote:Brief important announcement thing.
I just wanted to remind you guys that Chivalry residencies is where the pets are supposed to live, with the city being a big playground for the pets (kind of). So it is likely that we will run into each other a lot. Perhaps even at the closest store near by...

As well you all might want to keep paying attention to where those convicts are and the news broadcasters in my post, as they are going to be part of the story arc, and the first part of that arc is going to be happening in a bit.

With that said I will need to test the dice system on a player, I might ask a few, but if anyone would really like to try it or has an idea for how to test it, let me know.
Actually, I thought Chival Res was a part of the developing city, not the crime filled city.
It is on the edge of the city, most of the city doesn't have many apartments or other places to live yet (which is something that happens around here). but yeah, I don't recall why I said that now actually.
Anyway though, every city will have crime as well.
Civilization wrote:Ooo, Ooo, I want to try and test out that dice thing... Can I, can I!?
MrNeonShot wrote:Actually, I thought Chival Res was a part of the developing city, not the crime filled city.
All cities have crime of some sort though, this could be the one anomaly in this city, which makes it more notable.

Though, when are we going to decide on the city name?
No I haven't came up with a name, and I am about to start a poll though, probably have it open for a few hours or a day.
(Okay, still trying to work out how to get a poll to work.)
As well. everyone is okay with going about with their original plans, shopping and the like. it will be some time before our villains reach CrimTech.
RP Characters:
[All have gone on vacation]
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Um, neon... I crashed into one of civ's ferrets.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Buster wrote:Um, neon... I crashed into one of civ's ferrets.
I know ^^
But one of them fell over, so Matt was just voicing about the sound of the 2 bumping into each other.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

ah, okay.
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

The little wolf is super cute x3

So what kind of universe is this exactly?
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

What do you mean?
RP Characters:
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

What kind of universe does this roleplay take place in if it isn't a Housepets Universe roleplay?
Deske

Post by Deske »

I thought it was an alternate version of our universe, considering we're in Idaho or something.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

well to be fair , all RPs are in some way , an alternative universe different from our own , where animals evolved into their anthropomorphic form alongside humans :P
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

I figured it was just CoH with Housepets! style furries. That's what the intro makes it sound like.
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

Deske wrote:I thought it was an alternate version of our universe, considering we're in Idaho or something.
We picked Idaho after I told 69 that there were ice caves, waterfalls, rivers and mountains all near cities in the state. He wanted a city that had a river running through it and when he heard about the ice caves said "That's it! The RP is set in Idaho." Or something close to that.
So this is an alternate earth, like serence said, animals are sentient, and anthropomorphic. As well this earth is different enough that this city exists with all the landmarks I mentioned within a good drive from the city (most stuff here like this can be reached within 30 minutes of driving)

Yes buster that's probably a good description.

which by the way, how was the intro? not to bad? or terrible?
RP Characters:
HoundInATree

Post by HoundInATree »

It given enough information to get things going, without forcing players to go down a set route. As it is, we all seem to be heading to the store and not straight for CrimTech or the criminals at large. It's given everyone a chance to get there at their own pace, which should add that little bit extra to the story.

Personally, I'm looking forward to when people start trying to hide any secret identities when stuff starts happening, given the close proximity everyone is to each other. XD
My tree now has a café in it. Yay?
Hlaoroo wrote:In Soviet Russia, TreeInAHound!

RP Character(s)
Albert Grant, Sunset Plateau
Larkin Dewolfe, Chivalry Residences
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

yeah, half of us live in the same neighbourhood. >.< It's like Parker having Stark Rogers and Wilson just down the street.
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

Yeah, I really don't want to force you guys to do anything. So I am glad that it came off well enough for players to do their own thing.

as for secret identities, yes, that will be fun trying to keep it all a secret when everyone is near everyone else.
I imagine everyone at once seeing something happen and they all say "I have to go" and all running opposite directions, oblivious as to why the others are leaving.
RP Characters:
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Iron Panda wrote:I imagine everyone at once seeing something happen and they all say "I have to go" and all running opposite directions, oblivious as to why the others are leaving.
That is so cliche that we have to do that now...
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

Civilization wrote:
Iron Panda wrote:I imagine everyone at once seeing something happen and they all say "I have to go" and all running opposite directions, oblivious as to why the others are leaving.
That is so cliche that we have to do that now...
Yes we do, especially when we have a villain that is going to be using puns a lot soon.
RP Characters:
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Actually, Matt doesn't have an alter ego yet. I assumed there was going to be an academy for the heroes to hone their skills, so he's literally just a kid with potential right now.

That being said, I don't know how he'll be able to help stop the robbery.
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Yeah, same for my character(s), just have him get involved somehow to show potential and maybe a certain someone could contact characters like ours..?
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Yeah, hopefully ^^
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

yeah, I need to find out how to get everyone involved still.
which, if any of you might have a suggestion or an idea for a story where your characters can be useful. let me and 69 know. I am sure 69 wont mind some suggestions and I love suggestions
RP Characters:
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Hey Iron?

Since Everybody is headed to stores right now, would you have any objection if i did up a quick map of a mall/shopping center kinda place and stuck it in the OOC? Only asking cause the last RP i was in where everybody was headed to a store, wound up with all but two of us in a single group. which can get confusing REALLY fast and is way too easy to leave someone behind.

This way we won't be guessing who's in which store.
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

Go ahead, I don't mind some creativity. We can add it to the main map later to.

While on the subject. I forgot to say it earlier. But if you want a store name, one really nice store chain around idaho (as in it started here and is popular) is a store called, albertsons. So if you need a store name... there you go.
RP Characters:
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

hey, are we allowed to show our powers yet in game?
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Buster wrote:yeah, half of us live in the same neighbourhood. >.< It's like Parker having Stark Rogers and Wilson just down the street.
most Marvel heroes are actually somewhere in New York City, so they are all close to each other :P
MrNeonShot wrote:Actually, Matt doesn't have an alter ego yet. I assumed there was going to be an academy for the heroes to hone their skills, so he's literally just a kid with potential right now.
Chris has the potential and a little bit of training, but he's rarely helped anyone with anything where he wouldn't want his identity known. though just in case his bag has a nondescript hoodie he can slip on in a pinch.

he'd probably get involved if he happened to be right where a crime was happening though.
MrNeonShot wrote:hey, are we allowed to show our powers yet in game?
I've actually dropped a couple subtle hints for mine.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

MrNeonShot wrote:hey, are we allowed to show our powers yet in game?
I cant say for certain, I think a few players have given hints, I know I have and buster also gave a nice hint to my characters powers.
MrNeonShot wrote:Actually, Matt doesn't have an alter ego yet. I assumed there was going to be an academy for the heroes to hone their skills, so he's literally just a kid with potential right now.

That being said, I don't know how he'll be able to help stop the robbery.
Dorian doesn't have one yet either. and we will have a training place soon, once 69 starts posting the characters he has in store will show up and we can get that started.

Also thanks to a few tips and suggestions already. I have a few more ideas now and things will definitely be a blast.
Civilization wrote:Yeah, same for my character(s), just have him get involved somehow to show potential and maybe a certain someone could contact characters like ours..?
I am sure someone will be watching...
um... yeah that isn't suspicious at all.
RP Characters:
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

how's this?

A movie theater, three big stores, a parking garage, and plenty of places to assign as small shops.

Yellow - banking
green - food
Blue - apparel and accessories
red - cellular, electronics, and entertainment
brown - misc
black - utility (staff only)

names to be assigned as needed.

Though i'm claiming space 21 as the shop Strike was originally headed to. It's a game store that turned it's excess floorspace into a mini arcade in the hopes of drawing in extra customers.
Attachments
mall.png
mall.png (17.82 KiB) Viewed 27950 times
69eist

Post by 69eist »

Your GM has finally returned.... What did I miss?
My Personas

Remember the past to understand the present. That way, we can look forward to the future.
HoundInATree

Post by HoundInATree »

We had an accident... :roll:
My tree now has a café in it. Yay?
Hlaoroo wrote:In Soviet Russia, TreeInAHound!

RP Character(s)
Albert Grant, Sunset Plateau
Larkin Dewolfe, Chivalry Residences
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

69eist wrote:Your GM has finally returned.... What did I miss?
Iron let me make a mall, i'm waiting to see if the design is approved.
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

Buster wrote:
69eist wrote:Your GM has finally returned.... What did I miss?
Iron let me make a mall, i'm waiting to see if the design is approved.
Sorry, been a busy day. I'm good on it. But let's see what 69 says.
RP Characters:
69eist

Post by 69eist »

I approve of the mall. But soon, the action will begin. Probably, this weekend.
My Personas

Remember the past to understand the present. That way, we can look forward to the future.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

has the city name been decided yet?

If you still need ideas and don't mind corny names that involve silly references to dumb movies you could try "Champion City" or "Metrocity"?
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

hi guys , soooo after days of being lazy , I finally dragged myself up to the writing board and finished my character for this RP and was approved by the GMs , so , I'm just gonna post it here ^^
Serence Frostbite wrote:Character name: Alexis
Owner name: none (she’s independent)
Age: 25 pet years/10 human years (1 Human year=2.5 pet years)
Species: Red-Arctic Fox hybrid

Appearance: Normally , Alexis is a tall , slime hybrid vixen , with brown eyes , a large part of the fur along her back and on her face being black , the fur on her arms , legs , tail is orange , and her ears , hands , feet , belly , tail tip are white . When going into battle , the power from the mother side of her family takes over , turning her into a red-eyed arctic fox with pure , bright white fur .

Personality:
Alexis has a sort of a mixed kind of personality , and sometimes even seem to contradict herself . Most of the time , at least outwardly , she’s a gentle , caring fox , who would will always try to comfort and share the sorrow of others . Not that much of a problem solver , most of the time Alexis can only offer her ears and shoulders for those who needs them , occasional advice them what she thinks they should do and hope for the best , because as much as she care , she believes that no one can change a person’s life but themselves , resulting in her staying away from actually interfering with personal business of others , most of the time anyway . This belief is the result of another belief , which was passed down through generations on the mother side of her family , that all beings are equals , no matter the species , all lives are valuable , and all creatures should be able to make their own choices and be respected by others for those choices .Though knowing it’s impossible , Alexis still wishes for a world where there is no violence , no war , where every creatures can live side by side in harmony and happiness without any threats . Ironically enough , this same belief and dream fuel her hatred toward anything and anyone who she sees as a potential threat for innocent lives , directly or indirectly , thus resulting her hatred toward the world’s leaders and all those who follow them creating weapons and any kind of offensive forces , believing them to be the cause of every major conflict in history , one of which reached her grandmother’s homeland and decimated her pack , and therefore are no different from the criminals , and also the cause preventing the world she dreams of from becoming a reality . This hatred reaches the point of Alexis , aside from obviously against all kinds of weapons , paradoxically enough , no longer has any problem with killing these kinds of people , justify those actions with “the paths these creatures take and the threats they accept should only affect themselves alone , and I’m making sure of that.” . She respect other’s opinion and suggestions , as long as they aren’t forcing it down upon her , in which case she won’t hesitate to lash out against them . Also , don’t talk politic , or law stuff with her , ever .

Background: Despise being a descendant from a long line of warrior foxes , in a land where strength rules all , and trained by her elders from a young age , Alexis felt the life of fighting isn’t for her and instead became a florist , making a living on her own , working for flower shops instead of living the life of a feral like her grandmother , or becoming a pet like her great aunt . Unfortunately , troubles follows her , as she soon found out that the people , whose wicked ambitions ravaged the land of her ancestors and almost ended her bloodline , are still out there , pursuing their mad desire . So , before she even realized it , Alexis found herself treading deeper and deeper into this secret world that she never asked to be a part of . Yet , more than anyone else , the vixen knew exactly what would happen if their plans were to become a reality . Thus , with the help from her mentor , Alexis traveled the world , florist by day , crime hunter by night . This was not what she wanted , but for everyone’s sake , this is what she needed . Her journey eventually led her to this new city , parts of which is still under construction . Someone else here had what she seeks , yet seemingly has no connection with the rest of those foul souls . A third party , got their hands on such things by a roll of the dice ? Or simply the same as the rest , simply better at hiding his track ? Whatever the case , the vixen is here for one thing , and she intents on getting it .
so , what do you guys think ? ^^
Deske

Post by Deske »

That continuity. That's pretty neat.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

thank you ^^
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

so there are alternate universe versions of those characters now?

or is there some weird universe hopping going on?
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

I have this little thing I like to do for the sake of keeping things interesting , which is hinting and linking the all the RPs I'm in together into a big world , with events from one RP eventually , in someway , affects another . And I sort of make it in my head cannon that this RP is one of the possible future of the RPs those characters are in , which shouldn't affect much in term of the actual RP , because Iron Panda and 69esit confirmed that this RP takes place in around 30 years into the future , which would make most of those characters more or less 100 years old in pet time , so the chance of them appearing at all is kind of slim :P
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

well your 'world' just became a multi verse.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

yeah it already is before the creation of this RP actually , my "world" ends up becoming 3 alternative universes :P . This one simply falls into 1 of those 3 timelines