Joys And Sorrows

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

HoundInATree

Re: Joys And Sorrows

Post by HoundInATree »

Joy: I found my D10's!
My tree now has a café in it. Yay?
Hlaoroo wrote:In Soviet Russia, TreeInAHound!

RP Character(s)
Albert Grant, Sunset Plateau
Larkin Dewolfe, Chivalry Residences
D3ath_0ps

Post by D3ath_0ps »

Mega-Sorrow: I just found out that Dan from Cyndago just passed away from an apparent suicide attempt. I personally can't believe it myself... It's such a shame to see him go so soon. I want to cry, but I can't let the tears out. I'll try and keep my head high and mourn his loss, like Mark (Markipier) and the others at Cynd, but I have one request for you guys:

If you know anyone who is suffering and experiencing anything and is considering anything drastic, please help them, have them call the suicide hot line and try the best you can to comfort them. Please.

Thank you.
ShadowLightning

Post by ShadowLightning »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Sorrow: I'm having issues with my Skype
Same. -pat pats- I hope either or both of ours get fixed soon.

A little Joy: I had a talk with my mom about my shifting thing. Long story short, I think I'm gonna stay put on my current degree. Even though my mom supports whichever decision I make, she says it would be easier and more beneficial to not shift.
Another little Joy: Finished my second part of my little story I made. Now I just gotta proofread it and stuff. :P
Heellooooooooo!! Anyone who wants to talk to me, please do. I get lonely sometimes and I get scared whenever I talk first...
Avatar done by the wonderful kurowolfe!
I also have an FA account now. Sooo... check it out.
Czukay

Post by Czukay »

Joy: Asked a girl I like to prom. She said yes!
Feel free to call me Czu for short. The games on this forum are pretty neat.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

ShadowLightning wrote:A little Joy: I had a talk with my mom about my shifting thing. Long story short, I think I'm gonna stay put on my current degree. Even though my mom supports whichever decision I make, she says it would be easier and more beneficial to not shift.
you may think that, but that's only true if you like what you're doing in your current degree plan. My brother never graduated cause he stuck with a degree he didn't enjoy.
If you do like your current degree, then yeah, stick with it. but if you actively dislike it then it's better to switch.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

Czukay wrote:Joy: Asked a girl I like to prom. She said yes!
Congratulations, Czukay. :)
ShadowLightning

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
ShadowLightning wrote:A little Joy: I had a talk with my mom about my shifting thing. Long story short, I think I'm gonna stay put on my current degree. Even though my mom supports whichever decision I make, she says it would be easier and more beneficial to not shift.
you may think that, but that's only true if you like what you're doing in your current degree plan. My brother never graduated cause he stuck with a degree he didn't enjoy.
If you do like your current degree, then yeah, stick with it. but if you actively dislike it then it's better to switch.
I don't really actively dislike it, but I don't really like it all that much either. My mom pointed out that the degree program I wanted to shift to was something that I would have had trouble getting a job with, especially in this day and age. And it was a valid point. Also, there was no guarantee I would even enjoy the the other program I wanted to shift to.
Sooo, yeah. I'm sticking to it cause, A. I'm sorta good with it and capable of getting far with it, provided I put in some effort, and B. it'd be better in the long run (also with the off chance I miiight get a job outside the country :P ) since it's the kind of job that she says I can keep working with for a long time.
Ooooh, that's awesome, Czukay! Congrats! :D
Heellooooooooo!! Anyone who wants to talk to me, please do. I get lonely sometimes and I get scared whenever I talk first...
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: My Skype got fixed!
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

Luckier than me. I stagged both my proms. :P
Therolyn

Post by Therolyn »

Joy: This weekend is shaping up to be looking good.

Sorrow: I need to talk more to folks I hang out with. I'm very naturally poor in social situations, and I had hoped going out and doing more would help. It has to some extent but I'm still awfully reserved and find it extremely difficult to fully get involved in things. Then again...I can be also quite the jerk when I do open up sometimes (Or at least I feel I can be)
Werebilby For the Period of Easter - Please fellow Australians do not forget our little guy, the bilby
CosmicCoyote

Post by CosmicCoyote »

Joy: I decided to get ambitious and try something a bit more complicated from scratch for dinner tonight... and it was actually pretty good. There may be hope yet that I can cook something outside of what a package description reads! :v
"...kindness is its own reward. Paid in ice cream."
RP chars:
Redwall: Rhys Greenbrier
17th CF: Alasdair 'Alec' Ogilvy
Deske

Post by Deske »

Sorrow: Still no internet.

Massive Joy: Theres a gaming lounge 5-ish minutes away that I can take my PC to and game for $2/Hour. Spent 6 hours there today for $12. Much fun.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: I got a B- and a B on my first two papers for Composition II!
Therolyn

Post by Therolyn »

Joy: Have that nice happy feeling, the one when get when your attempt at helping out a friend or relative succeeds better than expected.
Werebilby For the Period of Easter - Please fellow Australians do not forget our little guy, the bilby
JonnyNova

Post by JonnyNova »

Joy: Just got back from playing guitar at/singing at/hosting a talent show. For my first time as a host, it went really well, and performing is one of my favorite things in the world, so I'm in a really good mood now.
*purrs loudly*

Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

Sorrow: I didn't finish my costume in time for ComicCon today.

Joy: I got a pretty awesome handcrafted crossbow for $20 (and a smaller one for $10).

Joy: I'll be going back to ComicCon on Saturday. My costume will definitely be done by then.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Douglas Collier wrote:Sorrow: I didn't finish my costume in time for ComicCon today.

Joy: I got a pretty awesome handcrafted crossbow for $20 (and a smaller one for $10).

Joy: I'll be going back to ComicCon on Saturday. My costume will definitely be done by then.
ah, the last minute Con costume rush. no matter how early you start, you'll have something to do the night before or day of :P
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Sort of Sorrow: Despite the guy who gave it to us assuring us twice that it wasn't, apparently our cat is a girl, so we'll have to be giving her away.

Sort of Joy: We'll be getting another cat.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

SuperStar wrote:Sort of Sorrow: Despite the guy who gave it to us assuring us twice that it wasn't, apparently our cat is a girl, so we'll have to be giving her away.
so you got Grape?
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
SuperStar wrote:Sort of Sorrow: Despite the guy who gave it to us assuring us twice that it wasn't, apparently our cat is a girl, so we'll have to be giving her away.
so you got Grape?
......Yes. Apparently.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I take it you wanted a male cat?
Deske

Post by Deske »

Why are you giving her away?
ShadowLightning

Sorrow: Our computer randomly shut off for whatever reason. It just happened. I'm not even sure how or why. If this isn't a clear sign that we should get a new one in the next few days or so, I don't know WHAT is.
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

ShadowLightning wrote:Sorrow: Our computer randomly shut off for whatever reason. It just happened. I'm not even sure how or why. If this isn't a clear sign that we should get a new one in the next few days or so, I don't know WHAT is.
No, a clear sign would be it catching on fire. :P

Did it turn back on? Or is it just dead no matter what you do now?
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Deske wrote:Why are you giving her away?
Because kittens. And the she's to young to be fixed right away.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

If she's too young to get fixed, then wouldn't she be too young to get preggo?
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

looking it up, it seems cats can be fixed right when they reach the age they can reproduce, which is different between cats and so the vets would wait longer than needed to make sure. so she could get pregnant if she reaches that age even a day before the vets will fix her.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Besides, fixing costs money.
Deske

Post by Deske »

ShadowLightning wrote:Sorrow: Our computer randomly shut off for whatever reason. It just happened. I'm not even sure how or why. If this isn't a clear sign that we should get a new one in the next few days or so, I don't know WHAT is.
Back up your stuff -> Reinstall Operating System
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Sorrow: I have to wait 7 to 10 business days for my new glasses since the old ones broke when I fell asleep with them on. >.<
HoundInATree

Post by HoundInATree »

Major Sorrow: My Uncle's passed away.
My tree now has a café in it. Yay?
Hlaoroo wrote:In Soviet Russia, TreeInAHound!

RP Character(s)
Albert Grant, Sunset Plateau
Larkin Dewolfe, Chivalry Residences
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

I'm sorry to hear that, Hound. :(
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:looking it up, it seems cats can be fixed right when they reach the age they can reproduce, which is different between cats and so the vets would wait longer than needed to make sure. so she could get pregnant if she reaches that age even a day before the vets will fix her.
We usually say six months of age to spay dogs and cats and preferably before the first heat. It is possible to spay them younger but it is a more difficult/risky surgery. I do understand that cost can be a big issue for people though. Many vets do do payment plans and it's also possible to get pet insurance that can help with vet costs so there are options available if it comes to that. I wish you success in getting a male cat though and I hope he fits in well with your family!
One thing I do ask people to keep in mind though is that the cost of a pet is far more than the initial outlay so make sure you can afford to care for the animal properly. So many pets end up in pounds or shelters because people realised that they were more expensive than they thought. As a general rule of thumb, if you can't afford the vet then you can't afford the pet. That's not to say surgeries like spaying and castrating are essential (although they do very much reduce or eliminate the risk of various diseases) but it's important to at least be able to afford vaccines and basic health care if the animal gets sick.
HoundInATree wrote:Major Sorrow: My Uncle's passed away.
I'm so sorry, Hound. *hugs* I know first-paw what it's like to lose loved ones. If there's anything I can do to help you through this or if you need someone to talk to then please feel free to poke me any time.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Sorry for your loss Hound. I hope that you and your family can get through this hard time.
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

Sorry to hear that, Hound. :(

Joy: I was able to finish my suit in time for ComicCon. Lots of kids (and young ladies 8-) ) wanted pictures and hugs. Still need to add a few things (fan in the head, possibly some eyebrows, a buckle for my collar), but my suit did pretty well. I'll post pictures soon.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I really look forward to seeing how it came out! I'm sure that it looks really cool!
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Joy: I had a wonderful weekend with my mate!

Sorrow: They had to go back home now. :( Another month (give or take) until we see each other again...
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
ShadowLightning

Sorry to hear that, Sleet. But at least you had fun with them while you two were together, and that's all that matters, riiight? :P

Sorrow: The bus I was on was cramped full and ran out of seats, so I had to stand the entire 1 and a half hour bus ride to campus. As if it wasn't bad enough already, I got late (by a few minutes) on my first class. Add that in with the fact that I barely got 5 hours of sleep the previous night and I can tell I'm gonna be a little on edge for the rest of the day.
Another sorrow: My friend and I are... kinda going through something at the moment. I may be exaggerating a bit by describing it like that, but it just feels like it to me. Could be wrong though...
Little Joy: My birthday's tomorrow so... that's something. :|
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Sorrow: It's been a really hectic week, having to travel back and forth between our home and my mum's home to assist with stuffs for Eid recently. Barely any sleep if at all.

Sorrow: So it's confirmed. One of my mum's cats died recently. Maybe he was poisoned or something, I dunno. Planning to build a memorial for him in our lawn, which is pretty much a cat cemetery now. 6 graves, plus two more outside. He left before we could bring him to the clinic, and he has not returned for a week, which has never happened before. So we could only assume the worst.

Sorrow: My mum, and by extension my whole extended family, are in denial over the fact that I didn't pass college. And I could only continue the charade I've been putting up. They only want to hear what they want to hear, so who am I to not oblige?

Sorrow: Had been and still am sick at the moment. My body is full of scabs and dried blood from skin irritation, I am still recovering from worms that I may have gotten from eating fish, extreme fatigue every single day, sinuses acting every single day, still am recovering from another bout of flu and coughing fit from last night, having swimmer's ear for some unknown reasons. I'm becoming my parents: a flesh sack filled with diseases.

Sorrow: Money's a bit tight this month and the next. And my uncle have not been paying his debts towards my mum for 2 months now. We need the money, frankly speaking.

Joy: Given all these though, I did enjoy my time with my family. Funny how that works huh? I'm generally happy too, but that may be just my own denial kicking in xD

Joy: I'm starting to look for places for part-time work, and there are some openings I'm hoping to try once I've recovered from everything. It's about time I start earning money for the household.

Joy: Started playing Guild Wars 2. Okay game I guess, even if I mistakenly chose the wrong server and couldn't transfer to the one with my friends due to me playing FTP.

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Jesus Kuro, you have it VERY rough it seems. I will be keeping you in my thoughts.