Gravity Falls

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

SuperStar

Gravity Falls

Post by SuperStar »

Anyone else watch this awesome show? It's has an great mix of genuine humor and an amazing plotline, with great characters.
To start off this thread, how about the topic about the show possibly ending soon?
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Re: Gravity Falls

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

I don't think the show will end soon. we'll just have a bit of a time skip. last season and this season have taken place over one summer, so now that summer is ending. so the twins will spend the year back home, then revisit Gravity Falls next summer when they're a year older than when the show started.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:I don't think the show will end soon. we'll just have a bit of a time skip. last season and this season have taken place over one summer, so now that summer is ending. so the twins will spend the year back home, then revisit Gravity Falls next summer when they're a year older than when the show started.
I totally want that to happen too, it would be so anime like. However, most of the fanbase being all like "it's ending..." is killing the mode for me.
IdleCurator

Post by IdleCurator »

I have only seen 2 episodes of the show and I did realy enjoy it. The animation is wonderful and the story intriguing.
You don't have to look far to see amv's on youtube that mix dramatic songs with dark imagery.
Hi Hi Pie
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

New episode aired. I haven't seen it yet, but to those who have, what do you think?
himeakira

Post by himeakira »

Gravity falls is my obsession haha ...i cant wait for the next episode on novembre 28...i really want to know what is happening to mabel in the bubbles ;_:
SuperStar wrote:New episode aired. I haven't seen it yet, but to those who have, what do you think?
.....The episode was strange? overwall bill cipher is freaking awsome
Dr_Yay

Post by Dr_Yay »

I'm not really sure how I'd feel if the show were to get a third season at this point, it seems the story is coming to a final conclusion.

What I really wish would happen was if there were three seasons, but the story was the same. Like, seasons 2 and 3 could have the story of Season 2 split up (Season 2 ending with the reveal of the author and Season 3 beginning with the backstory episode), and have a lot of episodes not connected to the main plot or episodes giving more details to the story in the seasons to make them normal sized.

(Some of my favorite episodes in the series were ones that weren't part of the main story and I'm kinda sad that there probably won't be any more of those)
Twitter- @Luna_Blaster
Skype- Dr_Yay
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Dr_Yay wrote:I'm not really sure how I'd feel if the show were to get a third season at this point, it seems the story is coming to a final conclusion.

What I really wish would happen was if there were three seasons, but the story was the same. Like, seasons 2 and 3 could have the story of Season 2 split up (Season 2 ending with the reveal of the author and Season 3 beginning with the backstory episode), and have a lot of episodes not connected to the main plot or episodes giving more details to the story in the seasons to make them normal sized.

(Some of my favorite episodes in the series were ones that weren't part of the main story and I'm kinda sad that there probably won't be any more of those)
That was the initial idea actually. The second half of season 2 was written as season 3, but during development they had to combine them for some reason.
Dr_Yay

Post by Dr_Yay »

SuperStar wrote:
Dr_Yay wrote:I'm not really sure how I'd feel if the show were to get a third season at this point, it seems the story is coming to a final conclusion.

That was the initial idea actually. The second half of season 2 was written as season 3, but during development they had to combine them for some reason.
Do you have a source for that? I've been following the development of the show for a while and haven't heard anything like that.
Twitter- @Luna_Blaster
Skype- Dr_Yay
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Well, I can't source it directly, but if you check the wiki it says so in the trivia for Season 3.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Dr_Yay wrote:Some of my favorite episodes in the series were ones that weren't part of the main story and I'm kinda sad that there probably won't be any more of those
seems your last statement should let you know how you'd feel. if the show gets a 3rd season after the story wraps up, there'd be an entire season of episodes not connected to the main story.

or alternately, add in a new story to focus on for the next couple of seasons. this is a world with extraterrestrial life and interdimensional portals, there's bound to be something worse than Bill for them to take on.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

welp, we have our answer. Gravity Falls is 100% definitely ending

so... we have 2 more episodes.

then after that, he may do other stuff with the characters, maybe comics or something, but there aren't any plans for it currently. (except for a physical copy of the 3rd journal coming out next year)

I guess I'm alright with it ending. Some stories are better when they have a set ending instead of fizzling out. the Avatar series' are the best examples I can think of. and as such, I hope they eventually continue in the same way: comics released every so often when they have a story idea.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:welp, we have our answer. Gravity Falls is 100% definitely ending

so... we have 2 more episodes.

then after that, he may do other stuff with the characters, maybe comics or something, but there aren't any plans for it currently. (except for a physical copy of the 3rd journal coming out next year)

I guess I'm alright with it ending. Some stories are better when they have a set ending instead of fizzling out. the Avatar series' are the best examples I can think of. and as such, I hope they eventually continue in the same way: comics released every so often when they have a story idea.
To some.

But yeah, honestly I think we all knew this was coming.
Dr_Yay

Post by Dr_Yay »

I'm more surprised at how everyone else is surprised. It's completely obvious this is the end.
Twitter- @Luna_Blaster
Skype- Dr_Yay
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

anyone who is surprised was just lying to themselves.
I was hoping it wouldn't end but I knew it was a very distinct possibility.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets