HPU - Blue Peak Shore OOC

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

kurowolfe

Re: HPU - Blue Peak Shore OOC

Post by kurowolfe »

Okay, I've finished reading. I think it's either going to be a lone red wolf or a Myadron. Which one would be more interesting?

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
valerio

Post by valerio »

A true, lone red wolf would be a unique, as all red wolves are a very close-knitted community. Even when dying, or preparing to death, they are bound to be together with the living for the rituals of demise.
A lone wolf would be either a renegade (sympathizing for other tribes, or having a forbidden relationship with another tribe's member), or a loner due to personal choices (quest, just being crazy).
A rabbit...well, what are your ideas for a rabbit?
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

...eh, creating a character is hard. I've only done the red wolf so far. Here he is.

Name: Haq Dzi’ab

Type: Feral Native

Species: Lone Red Wolf

Colour: #FF8080

Neighbourhood: BPS

Appearance: Haq is very tall and gangly, with an almost emaciated look. His ribs are slightly visible through his fur. He has a medium-thickness reed fur with a white chest and under muzzle, and grey highlights on his back, upper face and tail. Despite his alarmingly thin look, he is usually healthy if not hungry. Haq has bright yellow eyes. Ironically, he wears a worn leather collar with a canine tooth as the tag. He carries with him a rusty machete he had found.

Personality: He is very cautious of his surroundings, and does not drop his guard when something similar to a threat looms nearby, be it another wolf, warriors of the other species or the environment itself. Otherwise, he takes it easy, a complete opposite of his cautious self. If someone who seemed friendly enough comes into his circle, he would reciprocate and be sociable too. He is however afraid of big groups of animals. He speaks with a clear and bright voice, and he could sing if he knows how to. His English is basic-intermediate.

Background: He used to be part of the Dzi’ab tribe living in an enclave in the Green Ring, as one of the two Omega wolves of the pack with his brother, Qonun. He, like the rest of the pack, was initially consigned to their fate and secluded lives, following age-old traditions and obeying his superiors without question, even the beatings. He stayed strong through the mistreatments and physical reprimanding by relying on Qonun for support and company. They grew up together, and they were inseparable.

However, an unknown illness started to spread among some of the villagers, with the affected becoming fatigued and weak. The wolves who act as the shaman and healers sought out to find a cure, making herbal concoctions to heal the affected as well as offering prayers to the ancient spirits of the island and their ancestors. Qonun was affected as well, and this made Haq worried. He fervently prayed to the spirits for his, and the other patients’, full recovery. He even took in the responsibility in being the sole Omega, which means more beatings.

This did not work unfortunately. The remedies didn’t work, even when the shamans had contacted the spirits seeking for help. Soon, the affected ones died one by one from extreme weakness, Qonun being one of the deceased. Haq was devastated, as with the rest of the villagers. The shamans explained that this was how their fate was meant to be and was unavoidable. While some accepted it, the rest started to question the veracity of these claims. They even believed that the supposed ‘remedy’ was actually a poison to speed up the deaths of those who are affected so as to not spread the disease further. This is compounded by the disease’s targets: only the Juveniles and the Omegas were affected, while the upper echelons were not. Food has been scarce in recent months, due to over-harvesting of crops and the scarcity of prey animals in their area.

The tribe began to split into two factions: those that still believed in the spirits and the authorities and those who do not. Quarrels soon broke, and dissent was imminent. Familial ties were broken, and disobedience was rife. The disbelievers, believing that they are going to be killed off next to save the ‘chosen ones’, disregarded old rites and launched a sneak attack against the rest to gain power and become the leaders, hence ensuring their survival. This turned into cold war, with deaths ensuing from both sides, as the believers fought to defend themselves.

In all of this conflict, Haq had been on the fence, especially since his brother died as well. He still believed that this was fate, but the extra harsh beatings he had been getting from his superiors and going out with no food at all at times were beginning to shake his faith. He was also attacked by the disbelievers, and barely managed to escape. The wolf saw his family, his tribe members, fighting against each other like sworn enemies, and this broke something in the wolf’s psyche.

Is this the fate that I am assigned to by the gods? Am I only going to be killed by my own tribe for the sake of belief? Is my life really that insignificant?

He ran away injured, carrying the only keepsake he has: a canine tooth from his deceased brother. He did not want to be bound to this fate anymore. He wanted to be free, and to create his own path in life. It was there that he discarded his old self and set out to be a lone wolf, free to be his own individual and die as his own self as well.

He now lives a simple life, foraging for berries and herbs as well as fish from the Crescent River for sustenance. He is happy with his life, but lately he has been curious about the exotic tourist animals he has seen coming into the island, and spies on them from afar. He even started to spy on the Lycaon and rabbit villages to observe on their daily lives and interactions (as well as sneaking some aroma of their delicious foods!). However, knowing that a lone wolf like him would never be allowed near these villages, he only stayed for a while before moving on.

Other Notes: He strongly believes that whatever happens to him is due to his own actions alone, and no one else. This means that he does not rely on magic or prayers to the spirits for help in life; he helps himself. He usually runs away from any confrontation, relying on his speed and stamina to outrun his enemies. He knows some basic combat skills, mostly revolving around his machete. He gets very down whenever his dead brother is mentioned. As a hobby, he jumps around like a rabbit, so much so that he jumps very high as a result. He is fine walking on two feet as well as on all fours.

SPECIAL Stats:

Strength – 2
Perception – 8
Endurance – 10
Charisma – 4
Intelligence – 4
Agility – 10
Luck - 4

[EDIT]: Changed the backstory a little
Last edited by kurowolfe on Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:03 am, edited 3 times in total.

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
valerio

Post by valerio »

Interesting wolf character, but a thing to remember: all red wolves live in villages called 'enclaves', they do not roam in packs, they'd be too vulnerable against the more organized lycaons and rabbits.
Also, wolves enclaves are more like an extended family, they settle personal matters with a fight between the leaders of the groups involved, so that no one else loses his/her life. So, if a bloody feud occurred, there must be a very strong reason, I need you to come up with one, because that would make Haq a rare social specimen.
Oh, and well, being atheist is out of question. Why? Because magic on Tricana/Meriweather is *real*, and the spirits are as real as every living being. But you raise a very interesting point: Haq's group could have decided that the cause of the wolves' current predicament lays in the excessive obedience to the spiritual world. Which means that Haq is ready to live a life without relying on the supernaturals -and that in turns create a lot of room for interesting character and plot development.
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Changed the backstory, but I'm beginning to think this is a deus ex machina moment. I'm not that confident in the initial background, and this new one is even more far-fetched @_@

valerio

Post by valerio »

kurowolfe wrote:Changed the backstory, but I'm beginning to think this is a deus ex machina moment. I'm not that confident in the initial background, and this new one is even more far-fetched @_@
I'm sure we can work on it then: What is it that you find far-fetched? If you can't adequately relate to your character, the story will be likewise affected, so I'd like to know what the problem is.
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Eh, deus ex machina is not what I think it meant. What I meant to say is that it feels like I'm stretching the backstory just a little bit. Is it a little too out there? Sickness -> Death -> Dissent -> War -> More death -> Faith in humanity lost?

The character itself, I can play with some confidence, personality-wise. Being paranoid is what I get from my daddy xD

valerio

Post by valerio »

I see what you mean now.
Ok, if yuou think you can handle the wuffie guy as it is, welcome aboard. You may start anytime.^^
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

I hope Haq's speech is understandable

valerio

Post by valerio »

kurowolfe wrote:I hope Haq's speech is understandable
It is. you must have seen the lycaons speaking :lol:
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Not sure who I'm waiting for for Amber's dive into the astral plane. Either The Moon Howler or Val? I think?
valerio

Post by valerio »

xhunterko wrote:Not sure who I'm waiting for for Amber's dive into the astral plane. Either The Moon Howler or Val? I think?
Amber can go. Donau will stay on the island since he's clearly not invited
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

In case you missed it, she already dived in.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Oh.
In this case, no, no one else is coming in.
valerio

Post by valerio »

answering tomorrow morning (my time) for BPS. Sorry for the delay
The Moon Howler

Post by The Moon Howler »

I will post tomorrow afternoon (valerio's time + 1h)
Xhunterko, I have not forgotten you.
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

Housepets: Silver the Cat! fanfic

My RP Characters
valerio

Post by valerio »

The Moon Howler wrote:I will post tomorrow afternoon (valerio's time + 1h)
Xhunterko, I have not forgotten you.
ok, no prob. Thanks for the heads-up
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

One question: the chieftain is Lukat-La right? I keep getting the impression that she is a bit away with Janus and Buster. Or is everyone close together now?

valerio

Post by valerio »

kurowolfe wrote:One question: the chieftain is Lukat-La right? I keep getting the impression that she is a bit away with Janus and Buster. Or is everyone close together now?
No, Lukat-la is the ambassador. She is with Janus and Buster
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

No problem The Moon Howler! ^^
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Eh, I forgot to incorporate Haq's speech pattern while typing the last post. I'm afk at the moment, so I'll post an edit later tonight US time.

NeoWolf

Post by NeoWolf »

Name: Cody Vayner
Species: German Shepard
Neighborhood: Blue Peak Shore
Appearance: He has shaggy brown, black, and tan fur mix with tan markings on his hands and feet, is 3 ft. and 5 in., and has an average body in weight. He also wears a blue collar.
Personality: Cody is a quirky, smart fellow with a great sense of humor. He likes playing video games, and he would rather play them than do something boring, but when it comes to the supernatural, he is often very curious. He is calm most of the time, but gets aggravated when things don't go his way.
Backgroud: Cody used to be a human in another dimension, but I will reveal his full story later.
S.P.E.C.I.A.L: S6 P5 E6 C8 I8 A4 L5
Last edited by NeoWolf on Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
valerio

Post by valerio »

NeoWolf wrote:Name: Cody Vayner
Species: German Shepard
Neighborhood: Blue Peak Shore
Appearance: He has shaggy brown, black, and tan fur mix with tan markings on his hands and feet, is 3 ft. and 5 in., and has an average body in weight. He also wears a blue collar.
Personality: Cody is a quirky, smart fellow with a great sense of humor. He likes playing video games, and he would rather play them than do something boring, but when it comes to the supernatural, he is often very curious. He is calm most of the time, but gets aggravated when things don't go his way.
Backgroud: Cody used to be a human in another dimension, but I will reveal his full story later.
S.P.E.C.I.A.L: S6 P5 E7 C9 I9 A6 L5
47...You must tone down something in order to reach 45
Also, you might want to flesh up a bit your character. It is a very interesting guy, what with his background, and he can interact well with the magic dwellers of the island, but I need a bit more than this.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

valerio wrote:47...You must tone down something in order to reach 45
isn't it 42? or did you change from the default without me realizing?
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

no, I didn't change anything. Bad memory. My bad. ACK!
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Hey. What's everyone up to?
valerio

Post by valerio »

xhunterko wrote:Hey. What's everyone up to?
as far as other players' characters go...

LEVI e ALYSE are at the RUINS OF ATLANTIS, waiting for KHUN, BUSTER and JANUS. It is possible that KEVIN and TUTTER join them on their way.
Janus had a sort of vision and fast-painted a scenery with Buster and a crowd of lions by the arch.

THE HUNTER and HAQ are at the Hunter's old village. The place is littered with skeletons and is teeming with the specters of those the Hunter slained in vengeance for being executed. Haq has (in PM) dealt with one of those specters, and has already accepted to rebuild the village and repopulate it.

LYLA and SHUKAKU are now play-training so that the hyena can see what the cat can do in case of need
The Moon Howler

Well, it's been a while since I was around and ever since my last post in the OOC I was talking to valerio and I feel it's time for me to officially announce my request to re-re-(re?)turn to this RP and continue where I left off. Of course I await valerio's official forum approval for that to happen.
Also,to whomever celebrates Valentines Day - Happy Valentines Day!
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

My RP Characters
valerio

Post by valerio »

You are formally welcomed back in the RP.^^
The Moon Howler

Yay! I guess I should get to posting (the moment I catch up with the few pages I have left)

My RP Characters
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Yay! Welcome back!
NeoWolf

Post by NeoWolf »

After two months, I have returned!
valerio wrote: Also, you might want to flesh up a bit your character. It is a very interesting guy, what with his background, and he can interact well with the magic dwellers of the island, but I need a bit more than this.
How can I flesh up my character?
valerio

Post by valerio »

Some background will help. It's difficult to find a proper way to interact with a character so...sketchy
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

So, I've been talking with Val via PM and I'd like to join the RP. He approved the characters in the PM so I'll put them here so everyone can see them. What's a good place to jump in? I was thinking of having my characters setting up for their show at the hotel for now. Aleksandr's show is obviously an outdoors show.
Name: Aleksandr (Sasha) Ilyich Melnikov, Александр (Саша) Ильич Мельников

Species: Siberian Forest Cat

Appearance: Big for a cat, as all Siberian cats are. Thick, white fur all over, with a thick tail. Chest is broad and the whole body is muscular although it’s a little hard to tell under the fluff. Head is fairly broad, as is typical of his breed, and his eyes are large and startlingly blue. Nose is pink, claws are white, pawpads are pink and ears are white and biggish. In short, he’s a fluffy hunk. During the day, Aleksandr wears a red collar with the tag in the shape of a juggling ball. When performing he removes the collar and dons a dark blue unitard covered with sequins which reaches to his footpaws but doesn’t cover them and which leaves his shoulders, arms and tail bare. However when performing his fire dances he wears a tight but flexible, black fireproof suit that covers his body, tail and head leaving only his eyes exposed, as well as gloves and booties made from the same material, and a pair of red-tinted safety goggles that provide a sinister effect when lit by the flickering flames and scorching sparks.

Personality/Back story: Sasha is the antitheses to the old adage about curious cats. When he’s not practising for his shows he loves to tinker. He can repair nearly anything and whatever he can’t repair he uses for spare parts. Having grown up in a middle-class area Moscow, a big city in a poor country, he wastes as little as he can and knows how to make things last. He was infatuated with the circus from a young age, having been raised around performers by his parents, his mother an events manager and his father a sound engineer. The first time he’d seen a juggler he’d been completely enthralled by the motion of the balls, clubs and discs and intrigued by the way they seemed to dance between the jugglers, and when he saw a fire dancer on the street he became determined to not just juggle, but to juggle with fire. From there, with the support of his parents who saw his budding talent as he taught himself to juggle, his skills quickly grew into a proper act. Being a cat he naturally has good balance and flexibility, and together with the help of his twin sister, Dinara, (who’d been studying Russian ballet with one of her friends) soon incorporated some dance and more and more creative and precarious positions into his juggling act. It wasn’t long before she became as important a part of the act as him and even sooner before his act had transformed from mundane juggling to a combination of balancing, juggling and pyrotechnics with Dinara contorting herself into fantastic positions to boot. Their talents had quickly caught the attention of a small circus which they and their owners joined excitedly only to find that not all was as it seemed. The owner and ringmaster of the circus was a harsh master, pedantic, demanding, and prone to vodka-fuelled tantrums, and it was rumoured that he had connections to the FSB (the modern equivalent of the KGB) and to the Russian Mafia, or Bratva. These rumours were only intensified when he was killed in what appeared to be an accident when a lighting rig collapsed during a show. After his death, the circus quickly dissolved, leaving Sasha, Dinara and their owners, their “mother” heavily pregnant, without jobs. After some searching online, they found a job opportunity at Blue Peak Shore, and once they sent in a video of their act, quickly found themselves hired. They’ve now moved to this little piece of paradise, hoping to escape the drama and difficulties of their Muscovite life.

Stats: S8, P5, E8, C4, I6, A7, L4
Name: Dinara Ilyiniсhna Melnikova, Динара Ильинична Мельникова

Species: Siberian Forest Cat

Appearance: Born in the same litter as Sasha, Dinara is a true albino with pure white fur, pale pink pawpads and red eyes. Almost as tall as her brother, she’s quite shapely and curvaceous and loves to show this off with her tight-fitting circus costume because she finds that in her day-to-day life her poofy fur somewhat flattens her lithe frame. Her collar is also red and her tag is a juggling ball identical to Sasha’s but with the colours inverted. Her performing costume is a red unitard, similar to Sasha’s, however hers covers her shoulders and extends to her wrists. Because of the lack of pigment, the skin in her ears and on her nose where the fur is thinner tends to burn easily, and she finds that sunlight can be harsh on her eyes so she wears dark glasses and sunscreen outside on all but the most overcast of days, and when she’s under the bright lights on stage she wears a variety of decorated masks with dark lenses or painted mesh to protect her eyes.

Personality/Backstory: Dinara has an innate sense of rhythm and this flavours everything she does. Her moves always seem to have purpose yet they’re always fluid and graceful. Fortunately for her, aside from her aversion to bright light and her tendency for sunburn, her albinism has not caused any other health problems so she’s able to live her life like any other cat. Like her brother, she was exposed to the performing arts from a young age however she was drawn to the stories, drama and grace of the Russian ballet. However, when she started working with Sasha and discovered how flexible she truly was she realised that rather than dancing in an ensemble and being part of a living organism of dance, she preferred to become that organism herself. She loved testing her endurance and exploring the limits of her body both in terms of balance and in terms of range of motion, and she loved expressing her personality and various issues that are important to her through the movement and contortion of her body. She also loves concentrating on the hand-eye coordination that goes with the juggling taught to her by Sasha. When she’s not performing she loves listening to classical music, reading (her favourite genres are romance, social issues, historical, and high fantasy), and jogging. Both she and Sasha are easy going and like to have fun and joke around, but both are also dedicated to their art.

Stats: S6, P5, E8, C4, I6, A9, L4
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Those two look quite cool and interesting! As for when, I'd say any time? There's not much an order here.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Hmm. Quick question. Just to clarify, there are two free piers for ferries/cruise ships to dock, right? And there's no airstrip aside from the helipad? So tourists would arrive on the island by sea, right?
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:Hmm. Quick question. Just to clarify, there are two free piers for ferries/cruise ships to dock, right? And there's no airstrip aside from the helipad? So tourists would arrive on the island by sea, right?
Right. But if you are planning an arrival by plane, I will put up a nice surprise for you^^
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

I approve of both of them. Welcome to the island!

Incidentally, I am unable to find a large enough time frame to type in a response for Haq without being disturbed. Will continue to attempt posting (on my phone atm)

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

I can't see how they would arrive by plane since you said there's no landing strip. Ooh. I know! Seaplane! It can land and tie up to the pier. :) Would that work with the surprise?
kurowolfe wrote:I approve of both of them. Welcome to the island!
Thanks, Kuro! Good luck getting that post in!
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

Seaplane of course...but there is a surprise in store if you're planning a regular plane.^^ You just write the scene, I'll take care of the landing part