For all those times you're not in character, try new "Out of Character"

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Re: Non HPU: Zootopia OOC

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

MrNeonShot wrote:Dick Dickens the dik-dik xD
"I told you not to call me that >n<"

alrighty I'll get to posting a bit later.

EDIT: why's everyone saying the rec center just opened, the first post mentioned "returning" creatures. then Kirby said he "normally work(s) as the 1st through 3rd grade art teacher" which implies it's been open long enough for him to have a regular job there. They're just having an open house to attract more members.
unless I'm misunderstanding Neon's posts.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Jacey
Location: inside a miniture submarine that is orbiting the earth.

Post by Jacey »

I noticed that to. But I thought I had left my post to imply it was maybe remodeled or it was Eric's first time there so it was new to him. Did I miss that?
RP Characters:
[All have gone on vacation]
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

I implied it's been open for a while and that Ben is a regular both in my OOC and in the fact that the wiring had time to almost start a fire.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

The Moon Howler

Post by The Moon Howler »

Sorry for being late to the party (Again), guys! I will post later today.
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

Housepets: Silver the Cat! fanfic

My RP Characters
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Coffee just had no idea it existed. He had seen the building before, but since Cinnamon is lazy, they never went inside.
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
ImageImageImageImage (There's actually 6 eggs, but I ran out of links)
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

alright, as long as you have believable story reasons for your characters thinking these things, it's cool :P
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

This is not the grand opening, this is an Open House to attract new members and to convince older members to renew their membership.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Here's my character finally ^^

-Name-
Sarayda "Leo" Otterson

-Species-
Fennec Fox

-Color-
#BF8000

-Type-
Main

-Age-

-Gender-
Male

-Occupation-
Student

-Appearance-
Leo has an odd fur color for fennec foxes. He has white fur and violet eyes. He usually wears one of Kirby's jackets and a pair of his own jeans. He has a small blue patch of fur in the middle of his forehead.

-Personality-
Leo is extremely hyper, even for a cub. He can't stand sitting still, even for a minute. He'll occasionally say really creepy things without knowing what they mean. He bounces most of the time instead of walking and when he does walk he limps, due to a leg injury.

-Backstory-
Leo grew up an only child to two loving parents. One day when he was six, Leo's dad died and his mom wasn't able to afford to take care of Leo by herself. Kirby's mom offers to help raise Leo and they move in together. Leo's mom falls in love with Kirby's mom and they fall in love. The two get married and Leo grows up with Kirby. Leo spends all of his time around his step brother and adores him. After Kirby goes off to college, Leo's admiration only grew. When Kirby moved to Zootopia after college, their family moved with him. Leo decided he wanted to be in Kirby's art class and is currently enrolled.

-Stats-
S:4
P:5
E:8
C:6
I:6
A:8
L:5
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Hyper, Since I helped make your character, I know it's alright, so I approve :3
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

So before I make my next post I need a pun based name for the newspaper Monty works for. Suggestions?
My RP Characters and their Voice Claims

I also write stories about kids getting into hi-jinks in a scouting organization. Read them here!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

personally I'm not sure you need a pun: Zootopia Herald/Times/Tribune/Post would work
but if you're set on a pun name It would probably depend on who the boss/founder is:
If the founder were an Elephant, you could go with Daily Trumpet, sort of like Daily Bugle (which Disney now has access to through their Spider-man deal with Sony)
or more on the nose, have it founded by Elks and just call it the Daily Bugle
The Howler or Daily Howl would be a good name if it's run by wolves.
The Daily Roar could be good for one run by big cats.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

If you zoom in on Assistant Mayor Bellwether in this Zootopia movie poster you can see that the newspaper she's holding is called the "Zootopia Times". But Zootopia is probably big enough to have more than one newspaper so you can do what you like.

In other news (har har) here's my second character for this RP. :)
Name: Jannali Henderson

Species: Bilby

Appearance: Jannali has grey fur, a white underbelly, and a long grey tail with a black band followed by a white tip. Her ears are large and rabbit-like, her nose is pointy and pink and long like a shrew or bandicoot and her teeth are sharp, reflective of the omnivorous nature of her species. She’s similar in size to a rabbit but her stature more closely resembles something between a mouse on two legs and a wallaby. Being a marsupial she has a pouch on her lower belly but this is usually hidden by her clothes. Her eyesight is none too great so she wears a strong pair of glasses rimmed in a fetching shade of purple. In her day-to-day life she likes to wear floral dresses and brightly-coloured knitted sweaters that match the dress if it’s cold which for her, is quite often. If she’s exercising she’ll put on a comfortable tracksuit and when she’s at work she wears the traditional white jacket, black trousers and tall hat of her profession. She also always wears a plastic bracelet on her right wrist with the word “EPILEPSY” written in large, clear letters. She has several bracelets in different colours to match her outfit but regardless of what she’s doing or what she’s wearing she’s never without her bracelet, just in case.

Personality/Back story: Jannali loves two things in life – warmth and food. A kitchen, therefore, is a natural place for her to be. She has an amazing sense of smell and with it an acute sense of taste. Incidentally her hearing is also quite good thanks to her large ears. She hails from the remote desert and has moved to Zootopia, making her home in a comfortable burrow in the heat of Outback Island. She’s doesn’t much like the cold and feels it pretty easily. She also happens to be nocturnal which works well for someone whose business is most active in the evening. Having always loved food, and having shown such an aptitude for cooking, she quickly advanced through the ranks of cooking school and soon became one of the youngest Zootopians to own their own restaurant. She’s won several awards and has them proudly displayed on the wall of her restaurant but she doesn’t work for the sake of awards or ratings – rather she’s motivated simply by the love of her craft. She’s a bright and bubbly person, although slightly self-conscious, and loves to create in the kitchen however as any chef can tell you, working in and running a restaurant brings with it a lot of stress. Her way of dealing with the stress outside of work is to surround herself with things she considers beautiful. Most often these are brightly coloured or flamboyant. In her office she writes with pens that are topped with balls of fluff, fuzz or feathers, and at home her décor could be straight out of the fifties except that it’s actually somehow tasteful. She likes the vintage look and her appliances reflect this but with a modern flourish. The one thing all her décor both at home and in the office has in common is that although it’s brightly coloured, none of it is shiny. It’s all matte surfaces and pastel colours. In the kitchen at the restaurant, everything is matte chrome for maximum cleanliness and minimum reflectivity. This is because Jannali is epileptic and flashing lights can be a trigger for her. She takes a tablet every day so that her condition is mostly controlled however she does suffer from the odd seizure meaning that she doesn’t drive, just in case. The subway is her main means of transportation. She never drinks alcohol or caffeine as these increase the risk of seizures, and she likes to keep herself fit in her free time. Mostly she does this by digging the shifting dunes away from her door (bilbies are great diggers on account of their powerful claws) but recently she’s branching into other ways of exercise, and after some reading she’s decided to stay up late to check out the rec centre on its open day.

Other notes:
  • Her name means “moon” or “place of the moon” in the native Aboriginal language of the area from which she hails.
  • Her name is pronounced “jan-aah-lee” with a short “jan” as in “Janice”, long “aah” as in “say aah!” and a short “lee” as in “Liam”. I.e. the emphasis is on the second syllable.
  • The lenses in her glasses are made from plastic and she has two or three spare pairs in case any of them get broken if she falls during a seizure.
  • Her team at work are all familiar with epilepsy and know the signs and what to do if she has a fit while on the job.
  • She lives alone but wears a button on a string around her neck while she’s at home which she can press to call for help if she needs it.
  • Her accent and slang is reflective of her heritage.
Stats: S5, P8, E5, C6, I7, A5, L6
For those wondering, here's what bilbies look like:

Image Image Image
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Hlaoroo wrote: In other news (har har) here's my second character for this RP. :)
I think she looks cool ^^ She's approved :D
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:personally I'm not sure you need a pun: Zootopia Herald/Times/Tribune/Post would work
but if you're set on a pun name It would probably depend on who the boss/founder is:
If the founder were an Elephant, you could go with Daily Trumpet, sort of like Daily Bugle (which Disney now has access to through their Spider-man deal with Sony)
or more on the nose, have it founded by Elks and just call it the Daily Bugle
The Howler or Daily Howl would be a good name if it's run by wolves.
The Daily Roar could be good for one run by big cats.
I really like the Daily Trumpet! I'll go with that.
My RP Characters and their Voice Claims

I also write stories about kids getting into hi-jinks in a scouting organization. Read them here!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

MrNeonShot wrote:
Hlaoroo wrote: In other news (har har) here's my second character for this RP. :)
I think she looks cool ^^ She's approved :D
Yay! Thanks!
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

CosmicCoyote

Post by CosmicCoyote »

Am interested in joining if you've still got room - I just need some time to finish working on a character. Already have an idea.
"...kindness is its own reward. Paid in ice cream."
RP chars:
Redwall: Rhys Greenbrier
17th CF: Alasdair 'Alec' Ogilvy
69eist

Post by 69eist »

Is that the mouse from the rescuers down under? o.o
My Personas

Remember the past to understand the present. That way, we can look forward to the future.
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

CosmicCoyote wrote:Am interested in joining if you've still got room - I just need some time to finish working on a character. Already have an idea.

Yea. Another coyote!

Also ....
http://youtu.be/_nUCH6KISO8
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

CosmicCoyote wrote:Am interested in joining if you've still got room - I just need some time to finish working on a character. Already have an idea.
Yeah, we still have room ^^

Here's what I will do. I'm making the player cut off at 12, and so far we have 9.
However, I won't add your names until I get ref sheets since we're almost at the cap, so if someone else comes in with a ref sheet and you guys aren't ready, I'll need to let them in first. Get it done ASAP before any more slots are taken ^^
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Some of the deleted scenes from the movie
http://youtu.be/h_TnyHq7lbg

An the full documentary of how the movie was made, what was changed an why.
http://youtu.be/D3pF9owYlRI
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

In the process of making a character, but quick question: any thoughts on sports in this world? Like, what levels would they exist at (Professional, College, etc)? Would they be worldwide or just within an around Zootopia? In the case of worldwide, would Zootopia--with how large it is-- plausibly have multiple teams in one sport?
Paige Turner - The Stargazing Polyglot! - S4 P7 E6 C4 I10 A4 L7 (SP)
Will Turner - The Timid Survivor! - S5 P4 E8 C3 I6 A10 L6 (SP)
Timothy Cotton - The Overenthusiastic Soccer Star S6 P4 E8 C5 I5 A9 L5 (Zoo)
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Pecan wrote:In the process of making a character, but quick question: any thoughts on sports in this world? Like, what levels would they exist at (Professional, College, etc)? Would they be worldwide or just within an around Zootopia? In the case of worldwide, would Zootopia--with how large it is-- plausibly have multiple teams in one sport?

Two cubs are playing with a soccer ball at the end of the movie.
The only sports I've seen so far.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

I think they'd exist at all levels just like they do in the human world.
Although there'd be different "leagues" for the different size animals just for safety reasons, I think.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

I think Zootopia being so big would have multiple teams, probably one for each major district.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Jannali's colour is #8080FF by the way.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

Okay, done! Here we go:
Name: Timothy "Timmy" Cotton, aka "Kickback"

Species: Rabbit

Resident of: Rainforest District

Job: Soccer Player - Goalie for the Tundratown Tempests, Medium League

Text colour:How about this? 400080

Appearance: Black fur, except for a white ring around his left eye. Violet eyes, near-always alight with excitement. A bit on the tall side for a rabbit, though his ears are slightly shorter. Has an amythest earing in his left ear, near the bottom.
When not on the field, normally wears various soccer shorts and t-shirts. On the field he wears his team's shorts (light blue when away, light gray when home) and a dark blue and dark grey goalie shirt.

Personality: Timmy is a very excitable, happy-go-lucky sort of person, the smallest of accomplishments are a source of good feeling for him, whether they be his or a friend's. A few people have called him "too excitable", though his teammates and coach claim that his excitement is perfect for guarding the net. He has a hard time being still, and even while talking will move slightly, whether it be a paw moving, or his head going back and forth.
On the field, Timmy has been known to jokingly complain when the ball is on the opposite side of the field, and psuedo-encouraging when actively blocking shots.
Besides soccer, he enjoys free-style climbing and parkour, DDR, and watching movies.

Background: Timmy comes from a small (for rabbits) family of seven: His mother and father, three younger siblings (Samantha [10], and Alexis and Mark [Twins, 14]), and an older one (Cassandra [26). He comes from a small town known as Glenndale, where he graduated college with a theater degree, and (more importantly) a recruitment contract from a professional team. His current move to Zootopia is so he can be closer to the team.
Growing up, Timmy never really idolized his parents much. Sure, he cared for them, loved them, but they both worked in the computer-repair industry, with his mother Ellena fixing hardware and his father Gregory scanning software. Even as a little kid he needed a lot of socialization, and sitting in a room fixing computers didn't seem all that social to him.
He started playing soccer in 3rd grade, when one of the schoolyard regulars was home sick. He instantly fell in love with the sport, and how intricately the teams worked together. In middle school, he signed up for the intra-school league the moment he could, and played mainly left defender. It wasn't until High School that he got a chance to play goalie, when their goalie switched schools. It has been his preferred position ever since.

Other Info:
~Timmy's Black colouring comes from his maternal grandfather, an Amami Rabbit. (This is also why the family is so small.)
~"Kickback" is a College team-given nickname, earned because he almost never uses his forepaws.
~When watching movies, Timmy will cry at the drop of a hat.

SPECIAL:
S - 6
P - 4
E - 8
C - 5
I - 5
A - 9
L – 5
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

MrNeonShot wrote:I think Zootopia being so big would have multiple teams, probably one for each major district.
yeah, Zootopia looks much bigger than any city that actually exists. so if LA and New York can have two teams in multiple sports, Zootopia could probably have 3 or 4, at least.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Sorry that I haven't been back in a couple days. Will work on GM duties tomorrow

Edit: GM duties ACTIVATE!
Pecan wrote:Okay, done! Here we go:
Timmy looks like a really cool character! Approved ^^
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Pecan wrote:In the process of making a character, but quick question: any thoughts on sports in this world? Like, what levels would they exist at (Professional, College, etc)? Would they be worldwide or just within an around Zootopia? In the case of worldwide, would Zootopia--with how large it is-- plausibly have multiple teams in one sport?
Very late, but I just remembered.
In the original plot the city was host to the Olympic Games.
CosmicCoyote

Post by CosmicCoyote »

Not that it should be a surprise at this point, having not put anything up yet, but I'm going to hold off on joining this. Need to re-commit to the RPs I'm already in.
"...kindness is its own reward. Paid in ice cream."
RP chars:
Redwall: Rhys Greenbrier
17th CF: Alasdair 'Alec' Ogilvy
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

CosmicCoyote wrote:Not that it should be a surprise at this point, having not put anything up yet, but I'm going to hold off on joining this. Need to re-commit to the RPs I'm already in.
That's cool, man ^^ take your time in whatever needs to be done.
Deske

Post by Deske »

I'd join, but I haven't seen the movie yet. Looking forward to this week though.
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Can we get the tour under way?

Everyone is trapped in a small talk holding pattern until the tour is done.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Keeshah wrote:Can we get the tour under way?

Yeah, I guess so. I thought for sure we were missing someone >.<
but here we go!
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

MrNeonShot wrote:
Keeshah wrote:Can we get the tour under way?

Yeah, I guess so. I thought for sure we were missing someone >.<
but here we go!
Um did you approve a gator character?

I'm pretty sure the city of Zootopia is made up exclusively of wild mammals.
Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

Yeah, whoever just posted has not posted in the OOC here at all. Pretty new user, so he may not have read the rules.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

I did not approve of any characters and have messaged him personally about submitting character sheets.
rodgil

Post by rodgil »

Well, excuse me, for:
1.) Being new
2.) Not having seen Zootopia
3.) Not having prior knowledge of RRps and only FRps

I humbly request to join this Rp I'm slightly agitated and I have zero chance of fitting my two characters (one I changed to fit better with this rp the other at the right height or I believe so) so you can either check them there or I can submitt them here..
We are but candles in the suffocating darkness, gentle, beautiful, but deadly & ever consuming
Reaper Inkheart ~ Kavick Inkheart - blacksmithing tiger, S9, P8, E6, C4, I5, A6, L4 ~ sparty wolf, S)6 P)7 E)6 C)5 I)8 A)7 L)3
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Welcome, Rodgil! It's great to have you!
Don't worry. We've all been new before and we've all made mistakes. We're all here to help so don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions!

As to fitting your characters into the RP, that's a GM decision so I'll let Neon answer that. :)
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

rodgil

Post by rodgil »

Welcome, Rodgil! It's great to have you!
Don't worry. We've all been new before and we've all made mistakes. We're all here to help so don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions!
Thanks I have experience with Rps, but RRps is a new concept to me as to my previous post I hope no one thought I was being snootie, and those who did I'm sorry.
yeah, Zootopia looks much bigger than any city that actually exists. so if LA and New York can have two teams in multiple sports, Zootopia could probably have 3 or 4, at least.
Isn't zootopia seperated into factions, and then the climate zones? If so wouldn't they just have teams from both districts & zones?
We are but candles in the suffocating darkness, gentle, beautiful, but deadly & ever consuming
Reaper Inkheart ~ Kavick Inkheart - blacksmithing tiger, S9, P8, E6, C4, I5, A6, L4 ~ sparty wolf, S)6 P)7 E)6 C)5 I)8 A)7 L)3