Arc 100

Discuss the comic here
SuperStar

Arc 100

Post by SuperStar »

So Rick just confirmed on Twitter that arc 100 will not be focusing on Peanut and Grape(also confirmed that arc 99 will be Peanut and Grape), so let's talk about who we think it will focus on. I think the most likely ones are King or Zach. King would be an obvious choice, but arc 98 ended on a cliffhanger with Zach, so he's also likely. What do you guys think?
Stormrun

Re: Arc 100

Post by Stormrun »

I would hope Arc 100 deals with what happened to Pete, Dragon, etc. Hopefully featuring King, but given what he went through with them, I'd understand if he wanted to stay out of this one!
『∅』『∅』『∅』『∅』『∅』『∅』
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

We've already seen what happened to Pete and the Spirit Dragon. They were sent off to live their mortal lives somewhere and somewhen in the multiverse.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Gbr23

Post by Gbr23 »

YES LETS SPECULATE !

Here´s my take: It will be a big and important arc and it will be about a character with a story that hasn´t being told yet, and of course it is a strong and probably emotional story.

So, I say it will be about: Sasha
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

I bet it'll be a episode focused on The Sandwiches in general and their future. Maybe even a return to the farm :3
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Not A Furry

Post by Not A Furry »

I'm guessing it's gonna end cliffhangers, revisit old stuff or do something that changes in some way the whole story. It might:

See what happened to Pete and Dragon after they went through the portal

Visit King and Bailey and their new life with their cubs

Introduce a new character

Huge plot twist

A combination of everything?
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

GameCobra wrote:I bet it'll be a episode focused on The Sandwiches in general and their future. Maybe even a return to the farm :3
Read the first post again.
SuperStar wrote:So Rick just confirmed on Twitter that arc 100 will not be focusing on Peanut and Grape
Tola

Post by Tola »

Just my guess, but I'd say that 100 is going to deliberately be not all that important simply because people are inclined to make a big deal about big, round numbers. Maybe something about Sabrina getting sick and tired of Spo interrupting romantic moments and striving to find a different home... with reference to how his being on Fido's ear all the time is all her fault in the first place.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

SuperStar wrote:
GameCobra wrote:I bet it'll be a episode focused on The Sandwiches in general and their future. Maybe even a return to the farm :3
SuperStar wrote:So Rick just confirmed on Twitter that arc 100 will not be focusing on Peanut and Grape
I did, and that reminds me: He didn't say it was not focusing on Peanut and Grape. He just wants to give them more time before the 100th arc. It can still be related to them.
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

GameCobra wrote:
SuperStar wrote:
I did, and that reminds me: He didn't say it was not focusing on Peanut and Grape. He just wants to give them more time before the 100th arc. It can still be related to them.
Here: https://twitter.com/RicksWriting/status ... 6373006336
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Ok, well that is news to me. Since it's a single character, i'm guessing it's either going to be Bino, Res, or Fox. Maxwell would be a long shot, but one can hope. :3
tsMKG

Post by tsMKG »

Well, the eight anniversary is coming, so, I can think of a Babylon Gardens anniversary featuring the HousePets! cast. (Like the Christmas arc and some Halloween arcs)
Have you been looking at the thing above this? Dis is my old signature and is not relevant anymore.
supersonicfan169

Post by supersonicfan169 »

GameCobra wrote:Ok, well that is news to me. Since it's a single character, i'm guessing it's either going to be Bino, Res, or Fox. Maxwell would be a long shot, but one can hope. :3
I'd LOVE to see a Max arc! I'd also like Tarot or Fox be featured :D
Those who say "Shoot for the moon, even if you miss, you'll land among the stars"...
have never played Kerbal Space Program.
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

Rufus!
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

I agree to guess for an arc story about Pete and Spirit Dragon, we still don't know what end the two demigod siblings have done... It would be perfect and really important as 100th arc story. ;) King's story is over for now, and now he's happy with his new family. :)
Tola

Post by Tola »

I just want to point a few things out...

Under the terms of their competition, Pete and the dragon are now subject to mortal lives lasting a minimum of 60 years.

It's been established that pets in this setting live approximately twice as long as their counterparts here. I've seen people say 30 years a lot, and even one that managed 40 wouldn't count.

Humans do live long enough, but sometimes only just. If they were sent to the Housepets universe as 20 year olds then they'd need to have divine protection to ensure they wouldn't kick the bucket before time. If they were subjected to this punishment starting from birth, they would probably still be crawling around when King and Bailey's pups are getting to that phase of thinking they're independent enough to run off and get in trouble.

In short, I wouldn't expect to see either of them again without time travel being involved.
Foreigner

Post by Foreigner »

Tola wrote:
Under the terms of their competition, Pete and the dragon are now subject to mortal lives lasting a minimum of 60 years.
Kitsune said:
No expenses-paid vacation to mortality, which will last a minimum of sixty years -- though they won't remember

So, I think that it doesn't metter where they will appear because they won't remember about themselves as demigods. They will be common mortals.
My English is bad. Sorry for that.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Tricky thing to remember about guys like Kitsune: They don't exactly specify when something will happen, even if it sounded like it was going to happen now. They like to play with their own rules on time.
Unusuallynamedperson

Post by Unusuallynamedperson »

Honestly he could go with anything including Bino, but we've seen allot about him already. So I am just going to throw a random guess out there and say that he'll surprise us with Daisy. And, that we'll actually see she's a pure genius in dog form who's afraid to admit it or something. :lol:
If I hit someone with a dictionary is that physical, or verbal assault?
https://discord.gg/2Kwwv Housepets Discord link repaired!
Tola

Post by Tola »

Kitsune sending them back to a point where they can live their mortal lives and be ready to rejoin Heaven late this spring sounds like time travel to me.

Guessing based on it following a single character, I'd have to go with Fox (who's been through more life-changing events with less actual focus on him than anyone I can think of offhand), Tiger (who needs to go on a diet) or Jack (who's finally agreed to not steal the footage when he's on a major thieving spree). If we're determined to look at Higher Beings, I wouldn't mind seeing more of Cerberus.. she's a nice girl, despite her vicious sense of humor.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Unusuallynamedperson wrote:... he'll surprise us with Daisy. And, that we'll actually see she's a pure genius in dog form who's afraid to admit it or something. :lol:
Daisy is not a secret genius and will not receive character development.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Unusuallynamedperson

I know, I was only joking. admittingly I was hoping tho....
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

Dissension wrote:
Unusuallynamedperson wrote:... he'll surprise us with Daisy. And, that we'll actually see she's a pure genius in dog form who's afraid to admit it or something. :lol:
Daisy is not a secret genius and will not receive character development.
Maybe she has a exact look-alike who's a genius? :P
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
CityRedFox

Post by CityRedFox »

Rick said there's a 23-strip arc in this tweet.
If Fort Pillow ends this Friday and the 100th arc starts next Monday, the 100th arc will end exactly on June 1st, which is the end of year eight.
When it comes to an end of year, it's likely that it involves King.
So I am going to guess it will be an arc featuring King.
Zelian

Post by Zelian »

Dissension wrote:We've already seen what happened to Pete and the Spirit Dragon. They were sent off to live their mortal lives somewhere and somewhen in the multiverse.
Hi everybody, this is my first post and I apologize if I answer to this thread without introducing myself, but I was in a hurry... also, English is not my first language so I hope you forgive my mistakes... Thank you. I read what Tola, Dissension and Foreigner said, so: if the celestials are "exiled" to live their mortal life for more than sixty years, and since we've "already seen" what happened to them... Does that mean that we won't ever see them again? Neither in their celestial nor mortal form?

I've been reading Housepets! for years, (even though I never took the chance to subscribe to the forums) and I must admit that I've always been particularly fond of Pete and Dragon. I like every character in the comics, but those two seemed so "human" to me, even though they are supposed to be demigods... they make mistakes, they are "flawed" but regard themselves as perfect, we've seen them in their moments of doubt and pain... And then they seemed to be genuinely sorry when they realized the pain they caused to others, and when they seemed to be finally starting to "grow up" they disappeared behind the portal. They felt "real" and they made the kind of antagonist that you should be hating but you end up loving (like Bino for me)... I always thought they would come back at some point, and there are so many good characters in this comic that it's natural for some of them to "vanish" for some time, but then (reading this thread) I realized that maybe they won't appear ever again, so I wanted to ask this. Sorry for the long, hastily written, post and for not introducing myself, but I felt the need to join this thread... Thank you very much, and thanks to Rick Griffin for this beautiful comic.
Tola

Post by Tola »

Nothing is impossible, particularly in a webcomic. They may show up again by fall, aged far more by the 60-odd years of being mortal than from the million and one years Pete dated Cerberus. I do think it's highly unlikely, and that Rick seems to have a fairly complete plot he's working through. All kinds of fans love those two, but it must get old if he has specific plans for them (or not having them around) and sees fans rooting for them every time there's speculation about new arcs.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Rick hasn't (to my knowledge) specifically said whether or not he'll bring Pete and Dragon back at any point, but part of wrapping up the celestial over-arching plot was to create a point where any reader could jump into the comic without prior understanding of characters and plot points yet still understand everything that was going on. I'm not sure to what extent this will take place. It does make me think they won't be back, but that's just what I think. ;) In the end, no one knows except Rick (and even he may not know :D )

As for arc 100, I predict it will be about a housepet. :P
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

I predict Rick will bring back a subplot that he hadn't touched on for a long time.
Foreigner

Post by Foreigner »

Tola wrote:All kinds of fans love those two.
Not all of them love those two...
My English is bad. Sorry for that.
Sansash

Post by Sansash »

Arc 100 here we come! Starting Monday wooooo!
tsMKG

Post by tsMKG »

Saturn381 wrote:I predict Rick will bring back a subplot that he hadn't touched on for a long time.
And which? :| That's why we created this thread :P

Hey! We haven't got to see the fat PETA guy since arc 19 (that's almost seven years!)
Have you been looking at the thing above this? Dis is my old signature and is not relevant anymore.
Sansash

Post by Sansash »

I like to think that the fat PETA guy was underfoot at Sabrina and Jata's wedding, not that he could hinder anything under Miles...'s watch

and foot
Unusuallynamedperson

And we have our arc! :mrgreen: