HPU: Apollo City

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

valerio

Re: HPU: Apollo City

Post by valerio »

22xander wrote:"Oh, ok..." he said, slowly relaxing as she held onto him and rubbed his back. "And I'm sorry if I was a little flustered, m-my whole life you're the kindest person I've met. I suppose that makes sense..." He started, after catching the line about her nephew. "I've got to admit if that was your nephew, he was kind of a rube. I mean, how much did this ticket cost? And he bet it in a game of craps in a New Orleans back ally?" He paused for a second, realising how that might have sounded. "Oh, and I did get it out of him fair and square in case you were wondering. I didn't use loaded dice, no tricks, just a fair bit of chance in the hands of lady luck. I've heard some say that I've seduced her with my whiles, can you blame her cher?" He moved a little closer to her, smiling and looking up at her with a little bit of a toothy grin. He was getting back into his stride, and acclimating to being in this situation with her rather quickly. That's what you get for growing up on the streets.
"That poor dolt," she sighed. Sipped again. "An idea of my sister: He was supposed to 'build up' some spine in this cruise, get a job, stop being an incurable gambler, but I guess he learnt a precious lesson...That ticket was no lottery, he lost to you not less than 1 million Euro. And he deserved losing, if he decided to gamble my gift. Poor dear, tch: His parents must be giving some pretty earful. Last time I called, I heard some very creative insults in background...But please, now lean on the tub: that back won't wash itself. Any preference for your scent?" She asked while taking a sponge glove.
---
Welsh Halfwit wrote:Now Francis flinched and was a little uncertain. "That's... that's um, play spray, um, right?" he asked, his left ear flat against his head as the teeth showed on the right side of his muzzle. "I...I mean health and safety would... would hate that.."
"I don't know, but if you want to play it safe, don't take Soylent Green from the snack distributor. Tastes funny..." Then her mask cracked and she broke into a grin. "Really, you rooks can be such fun. No offense meant."
22xander

Post by 22xander »

"Yeah, well, its a lesson alot of people have to learn. One I learned the hard way. Sometimes, life just doesn't give you what you want and you have to work at it. Of course sometimes you're just naturally great at something, and in New Orleans I was king due to mah natural talents cher." He said, before leaning on the tub as she indicated, unconsciously doing exactly what she said. "Ah hope I didn't get him into too much trouble though, like I said... Luck seems to have taken a fancy for me." He paused for a second, mauling her last sentence in his head. "I have no idea cher, whatever you want, I've always just had the smell of cooking and mixing drinks about me... at least at the more preferable times." He smiled up at her, shivering slightly, this was not a situation he was used too. He'd never spent any real amount of time with any human other than a bar owner or blackjack operator.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Francis actually laughed with relief. "I still have to learn," he agreed.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Deske

Post by Deske »

Off in the distance a sleek black jet adorned with the Atlas logo on it was zooming towards the ship at a rather quick clip. The pilots of the jet had begun making the necessary landing preparations, contacting the tower, engaging the vertical thrusters and lowering the landing gear and flaps for a smooth descent. Inside an Anidroid was busy getting ready. He looked at himself in the mirror, *click whiiirrrr click, click,* the cameras that acted as his eyes scanned his body, looking for anything out of the ordinary. He smiled at himself as he slipped on the jacket that covered his unprotected side and the sunglasses which would hide his eyes, or lack of. Miguel zipped up his jacket and headed out into the cabin, already attempting to establish a connection to the ships Anidroid Network, which from this distance would be easy. "I'm glad you're as excited for this trip as I am Miguel. Maybe I'll even be able to find you a new outer layer." An older man said from the front of the aircraft.
The planes engines rotated to their 90 degree positions as they neared the ship, slowing the craft further. The jet slowly hovered down over the deck and touched down smoothly, the shocks and skill of the pilots absorbing any impact. The door opened and Miguel stepped off the ship, followed closely by his owner and creator, Enrique. "Now Miguel, we have to go check in first so that we have some place to call home while we're here." The man looked across the deck, surveying his new place of residence. "I'm just glad we're here. Its a new place, new people and new experiences." He followed Enrique to the check in office, "I'm sure you are, now why don't you go find someone to say hello to while I finish up this boring adult stuff." Miguel smiled and chuckled quietly, "Easy!" And with that he headed off towards one of the many viewing areas, switching over to the ships Anidroid radio, "Hello? Anyone connected yet?" He shot the question into the unknown, waiting for a reply.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

valerio wrote:"Just like wish come true," the cat said with her polite tone. "Nessie Shore. And to be honest, I do not have experience in theater, but as a rescue animal I must know how to play a role to help people relax in a crisis. Plus, I am good at acrobatics, in fact I am designed to be even more flexible than normal cats. And I have an excellent memory, having to learn on the spot the schematics of a wrecked place. And I just love theater, I thought I had the abilities to learn the job."
Kelly takes a moment to process this.
"Very good. Everybody must begin to learn somewhere. Have you experience in the field of special effects or working with technology since you said that was your are of interest?"
She splits her attention using different processors to talk to Miguel via the radio with which she's provided.
"All droids on this ship are connected. Do you require assistance?" she queries.

====================
"You're welcome, Avery. Wait, you're a doctor? How can pets be doctors?" Makani takes back the packet and sips absently for a moment while the Elen unit at the registration desk clips his band around his right wrist.
"Blarg. Why did I eat that again?" he queries, making a face again. "So what sort of analytical sensors do you have, Hajime? If that's not too personal a question... And what do I do with this band thing?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

valerio

Post by valerio »

22xander wrote:"Yeah, well, its a lesson alot of people have to learn. One I learned the hard way. Sometimes, life just doesn't give you what you want and you have to work at it. Of course sometimes you're just naturally great at something, and in New Orleans I was king due to mah natural talents cher." He said, before leaning on the tub as she indicated, unconsciously doing exactly what she said. "Ah hope I didn't get him into too much trouble though, like I said... Luck seems to have taken a fancy for me." He paused for a second, mauling her last sentence in his head. "I have no idea cher, whatever you want, I've always just had the smell of cooking and mixing drinks about me... at least at the more preferable times." He smiled up at her, shivering slightly, this was not a situation he was used too. He'd never spent any real amount of time with any human other than a bar owner or blackjack operator.
Her circular movements made Roux's vertebrae 'pop'. "There, all done. My dear nesse will love you too." She put off the glove and leaned back herself, revealing the full-body bathing suit covering her with metallic reflexes. Sorry for this, but I still need it to regulate my body temperature while in immersion. My skin is far from perfect yet."
---
Welsh Halfwit wrote:Francis actually laughed with relief. "I still have to learn," he agreed.
"You'e one of the few cats in the security force. Of course, the academy trainers sent us highly specialized dogs, without realizing that cats are as much worthwhile...Ah, here we are." She stopped in front of another office, the plaque reading 'SECURITY SUPERVISORS - GOTTSCHALK G. & C.' "I admit my own fault, though, having my own dogs for this job. Now off you go, from now on this is your new life." Maud offered Francis her hand. "Good luck."
---
Deske wrote:Off in the distance a sleek black jet adorned with the Atlas logo on it was zooming towards the ship at a rather quick clip. The pilots of the jet had begun making the necessary landing preparations, contacting the tower, engaging the vertical thrusters and lowering the landing gear and flaps for a smooth descent. Inside an Anidroid was busy getting ready. He looked at himself in the mirror, *click whiiirrrr click, click,* the cameras that acted as his eyes scanned his body, looking for anything out of the ordinary. He smiled at himself as he slipped on the jacket that covered his unprotected side and the sunglasses which would hide his eyes, or lack of. Miguel zipped up his jacket and headed out into the cabin, already attempting to establish a connection to the ships Anidroid Network, which from this distance would be easy. "I'm glad you're as excited for this trip as I am Miguel. Maybe I'll even be able to find you a new outer layer." An older man said from the front of the aircraft.
The planes engines rotated to their 90 degree positions as they neared the ship, slowing the craft further. The jet slowly hovered down over the deck and touched down smoothly, the shocks and skill of the pilots absorbing any impact. The door opened and Miguel stepped off the ship, followed closely by his owner and creator, Enrique. "Now Miguel, we have to go check in first so that we have some place to call home while we're here." The man looked across the deck, surveying his new place of residence. "I'm just glad we're here. Its a new place, new people and new experiences." He followed Enrique to the check in office, "I'm sure you are, now why don't you go find someone to say hello to while I finish up this boring adult stuff." Miguel smiled and chuckled quietly, "Easy!" And with that he headed off towards one of the many viewing areas, switching over to the ships Anidroid radio, "Hello? Anyone connected yet?" He shot the question into the unknown, waiting for a reply.
"Perhaps you need to look better, T-1000," said a voice to the anidroid right.
The voice of a reptilian model, smooth green skin and blue fuzzy crest running from head to tail. "Welcome aboard or whatever. I am Asur, assistant to Doctor Hell--" he winced when a whistle went off in his head. "Doctor Volken, that is. My creator and Head Tech for the Anidroid Repair & Improvement."
---
Hlaoroo wrote:Kelly takes a moment to process this.
"Very good. Everybody must begin to learn somewhere. Have you experience in the field of special effects or working with technology since you said that was your are of interest?"
"Well, in my free time I learnt to recite, though I'd practice with mother or with a mirror only. My colleagues prefer movies. As for special effects, once we reach a dark area I will show you that *I* am the special effect." She grinned
---
Hlaoroo wrote:"You're welcome, Avery. Wait, you're a doctor? How can pets be doctors?" Makani takes back the packet and sips absently for a moment while the Elen unit at the registration desk clips his band around his right wrist.
"Blarg. Why did I eat that again?" he queries, making a face again. "So what sort of analytical sensors do you have, Hajime? If that's not too personal a question... And what do I do with this band thing?"
"I can answer for that," Jemmy said. "The Lunar Society worked really hard in these years to give specifical training to animals so that they can excel in a single discipline. You see, the problem with a complete course of studies preceding the University and from there specialization is time. Even the healthiest pet will be too old to benefit of what he/she learnt, or to teach.
"Social analysis conducted by the Lunar Society proved, instead, that an animal is certainly capable to devote a handful of years in intensive training. This will make him/her ignorant in the other fields of knowledge, but at least he/she can prove himself/herself useful to society.
"The second obstacle is law: In most countries, the animal that achieved study completion will not be legally recognized as worker. Here on Apollo City, the idea is to show humans from around the world that this new initiative can work. So that is why you will encounter many animals with professional abilities.
22xander

Post by 22xander »

Roux sighed and slumped, leaning into the side of the tub. "Wait.... what's that about your skin?" He said, smiling at her with his tail slowly wagging behind him. "And Nesse? what do you mean by that exactly?" He was talking slowly, and rather calmly, as his body relaxed and he acclimatised to the situation.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Miguel smiled, a couple clicks emanating from him as his gaze shifted to the reptile. "Thanks. Pretty nice place here, I'm surprised we got picked to stay here." He looked around the room as he walked over towards Asur. "It's good to meet you, my name is Miguel. My owner and I just moved in." He extended a paw towards the reptilian droid.

He tuned back to his radio whilst keeping attention on Asur."No, no assistance is necessary. I'm just trying to find out who's onboard right now. My name is Miguel, may I ask who this is?"
Last edited by Deske on Tue May 31, 2016 10:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Francis took the hand with both of his and thanked Maud profusely before getting the salute wrong again, not waiting for the reply salute, and heading off into the office with a bounce in his step. He knew part of the reason he'd been chosen was because no-one sane would ever think HIM a security member and he wanted to see how he could use that.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
valerio

Post by valerio »

22xander wrote:Roux sighed and slumped, leaning into the side of the tub. "Wait.... what's that about your skin?" He said, smiling at her with his tail slowly wagging behind him. "And Nesse? what do you mean by that exactly?" He was talking slowly, and rather calmly, as his body relaxed and he acclimatised to the situation.
"Well, you might have noticed the...sudden change in color soon as I was out of the sun, hm? Years ago, my husband divorced from me in a very...original manner: He set our house to fire, with me inside.
"I managed to escape, but all of my body was covered with burns. The medical equipe did what they could, but I was sentenced to a painful demise. And it was then that my friends of the Lunar Society came to my aid. I was conscious when the offered me my only chance: to replace my dead skin with a new product, what you can see now. A grafene-based organic layer that is made to regulate itself to environmental heat and light so that my body is kept at the proper temperature.
"But, there was a price to pay, and I'm not talking money. I was to be kept in my...damaged conditions while slowly nanobots cleaned my burnt skin away. And as the layers of my new skin were placed on my body, the scientists had to test its sensibility. Especially my pain levels. Six months of trial and error before I was ready for my debut."
Her hand brushed under Roux's ear. And I can assure you: I learnt many things while suffering day after painful day, one of them fining *very* silly to consider you guys like hapless children. I dedicated the first year of my new life meeting many feral tribes, befriending creatures that only the stupid call 'savage'. I learnt that life is not something you take for granted...and the more I listen to you, the more I am sure we are kindred spirits. We know what we want.
"As for Nessie? Like me, she is the da,ughter of the most advanced research in genetics, a rescue animal that I had the luck to care for when she doesn't work. She's here on vacation as well, and she too doesn't shun from new experiences."
She took another sip.
---
Deske wrote:Miguel smiled, a couple clicks emanating from him as his gaze shifted to the reptile. "Thanks. Pretty nice place here, I'm surprised we got picked to stay here." He looked around the room as he walked over towards Asur. "It's good to meet you, my name is Miguel. My owner and I just moved in." He extended a paw towards the reptilian droid.
He tuned back to his radio whilst keeping attention on Asur."No, no assistance is necessary. I'm just trying to find out who's onboard right now. My name is Miguel, may I ask who this is?"
"Nevermind," Asur said to Miguel, "Please follow me. My boss needs to make sure you can be repaired, or at least kept to a proper level of maintenance." He looked at the human. "How did you manage to realize a working model with such a motley assortment?
---
Welsh Halfwit wrote:Francis took the hand with both of his and thanked Maud profusely before getting the salute wrong again, not waiting for the reply salute, and heading off into the office with a bounce in his step. He knew part of the reason he'd been chosen was because no-one sane would ever think HIM a security member and he wanted to see how he could use that.
And when the door opened...it was on the closest thing to a good old traditional office. Paper sheets flying around, humans and animals running around with carts and armful of folders, telephones ringing wildly.
Gauss and Curie were sharing a desk, sitting beside each other, barking orders to the endless line of furs and skins asking for something.
Last edited by valerio on Tue May 31, 2016 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Francis decided, perhaps because of everything going on and, perhaps, because he didn't know what to say, that he'd lean against the wall and wait to be spoken to. Or, more appropriately, barked at. "Hello," he said to a young female who passed him by.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
22xander

Post by 22xander »

Roux winced as he heard her describe her pain and loss, eyes wide but keeping composure as he continued. "Oh, cher, that sounds absolutely dreadful." He said, looking at her in worry. "I hope you don't feel I mean to offend, but that sounds like the absolute definition of a living hell." As she pet his hear he just closed his eyes, glad that the topic had turned more positive... if a bit odd and hard to understand. "I'll have to admit, I've never truly met a feral... I've had far too much trouble learning to fit in among human societies to meet them if you understand. As an independent dog, called a mutt by my peers, I have had to figure out alot in my time. But I suppose you are right, I do have one goal in life, one thing or another that I absolutely focus on most times. I want adventure!" He paused for a second, registering the last thing she said. "I'd much like to meet your... Ward I would suppose would be appropriate. I'm much obliged at your hospitality already, and all you've done is let me lay my stuff at your door and sit with you."
Deske

Post by Deske »

Miguel looked a bit hurt at being labeled as a "motley assortment of parts." Enrique looked over from the sign in book to the reptilian, "I'm surprised your recognition software is so bad," he said flatly, "Enrique Villalobos, head prototype Anidroid project Overseer. Miguel works the way he does because he's made entirely out of prototype parts. I simply redid a bit of programming and wiring in order to make sure everything fit together. Unfortunately some things are hard to come by nowadays. Eyes to be specific are one of the items that practically don't exist anymore, none of today's are compatible with his head model. I have to custom make them. Miguel, if you would be so kind as to demonstrate..."
Miguel looked from Enrique to Asur and sighed in defeat, removing his sunglasses, revealing green colored cameras that moved with a click as they focused on Asur and then on Enrique. Carefully he put the sunglasses back on, covering his eyes once more.
"Thank you. Personally I'm glad for this little vacation. Hopefully the tools provided by this place will be enough to synthesize the necessary growth proteins to activate the regenerative properties of his fur, I haven't quite been able to isolate which element will combine with the amino-sulfate proteins to form the carbon structures necessary to properly protect it." He placed a hand on top of Miguel head, earning a little smile from the wolfbot, "No matter what though, he's legally mine and I wouldn't give anything up for him. Now, you go and play alright? Ill go check out our room." Enrique smiled and gave Miguel a little push towards Asur.
Miguel smiled and nodded happily, "Ill see you later, maybe at dinner." He turned around and made his way over to Asur, "So uh, yeah... That's my dad." The droid smiled sheepishly.
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Hlaoroo wrote:"You're welcome, Avery. Wait, you're a doctor? How can pets be doctors?" Makani takes back the packet and sips absently for a moment while the Elen unit at the registration desk clips his band around his right wrist.
Hajime waited for Jemmy to finish Makani's initial inquiries, having knowing the answers from public domain stuffs in the ship's internet hubs.

As for his later questions, he answered: "The sensors that I have are correlated to the five basic senses of a biological being, mostly contained within my oral... excuse me, mouth, and I analyze the dishes just like how you would, by eating it, Makani-sama. I do not get any nourishment from it, but I do get information on the food's smell, taste, texture, appearance and auditory appeal that I store inside my memories. The sensors are rather rudimentary I must admit, and pales in comparison to your senses, but it is sufficient for my purposes." It felt a little odd talking about how he operates, but he saw that the cat was genuinely curious, and he should indulge in his patron's wishes as much as he could.

"The band thing is your identification band, which serves a myriad of purposes as you continue to stay in Apollo City. For one, it allows us service Anidroids to cater to your needs in the most immaculate of details, aligning them with our own specifically designed purposes. Of course, this is only when you wish to contact us, otherwise it would be rude to breach into your private life 24/7." The otter pondered for a bit, and then asked the cat. "I can sense that you're still hungry, and since Avery-sama will be needed elsewhere, may I have the pleasure of guiding you to our restaurant for a proper meal, Makani-sama?"

((OOC: I admit, I'm kinda lost as to the conversations here and who is around. And I hope the explanation on the identity band is good enough =w=))

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
valerio

Post by valerio »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Francis decided, perhaps because of everything going on and, perhaps, because he didn't know what to say, that he'd lean against the wall and wait to be spoken to. Or, more appropriately, barked at. "Hello," he said to a young female who passed him by.
The cinnamon-colored cat stared. "Oh, hello! You the new? Sorry, handsome, but we have barely time to breath here. Follow me, I'll show you to your locker. Frances, right? I am Tegan. Believe it or not, the real work gets done here." She grinned while leading him through a corridor. "Oh, and in case you got lost in this maze, trust your band. Or your nose, if you need to go to the lockers. I swear, they produce so much hormones in there that even the ventilation systems gets strained."
---
22xander wrote:Roux winced as he heard her describe her pain and loss, eyes wide but keeping composure as he continued. "Oh, cher, that sounds absolutely dreadful." He said, looking at her in worry. "I hope you don't feel I mean to offend, but that sounds like the absolute definition of a living hell." As she pet his hear he just closed his eyes, glad that the topic had turned more positive... if a bit odd and hard to understand. "I'll have to admit, I've never truly met a feral... I've had far too much trouble learning to fit in among human societies to meet them if you understand. As an independent dog, called a mutt by my peers, I have had to figure out alot in my time. But I suppose you are right, I do have one goal in life, one thing or another that I absolutely focus on most times. I want adventure!" He paused for a second, registering the last thing she said. "I'd much like to meet your... Ward I would suppose would be appropriate. I'm much obliged at your hospitality already, and all you've done is let me lay my stuff at your door and sit with you."
"Don't feel obliged at all: To me, every fur is a person, I like to think in terms of friendship, not obligations. But enough with the chats. Play me something." Sandine eyed the instrument. "Something slow and heartful."
---
Deske wrote:Miguel looked a bit hurt at being labeled as a "motley assortment of parts." Enrique looked over from the sign in book to the reptilian, "I'm surprised your recognition software is so bad," he said flatly, "Enrique Villalobos, head prototype Anidroid project Overseer. Miguel works the way he does because he's made entirely out of prototype parts. I simply redid a bit of programming and wiring in order to make sure everything fit together. Unfortunately some things are hard to come by nowadays. Eyes to be specific are one of the items that practically don't exist anymore, none of today's are compatible with his head model. I have to custom make them. Miguel, if you would be so kind as to demonstrate..."
Miguel looked from Enrique to Asur and sighed in defeat, removing his sunglasses, revealing green colored cameras that moved with a click as they focused on Asur and then on Enrique. Carefully he put the sunglasses back on, covering his eyes once more.
"Thank you. Personally I'm glad for this little vacation. Hopefully the tools provided by this place will be enough to synthesize the necessary growth proteins to activate the regenerative properties of his fur, I haven't quite been able to isolate which element will combine with the amino-sulfate proteins to form the carbon structures necessary to properly protect it." He placed a hand on top of Miguel head, earning a little smile from the wolfbot, "No matter what though, he's legally mine and I wouldn't give anything up for him. Now, you go and play alright? Ill go check out our room." Enrique smiled and gave Miguel a little push towards Asur.
Miguel smiled and nodded happily, "Ill see you later, maybe at dinner." He turned around and made his way over to Asur, "So uh, yeah... That's my dad." The droid smiled sheepishly.
Asur was about to say something...when his eyes flashed and then spoke with another, human voice, Forgive his rudeness, Mr. Villalobos. My name's Helmut Volken. I am well aware of your abilities, and am in fact impressed with your talent. Separate prototype components cannot just be assembled so easily. I want to learn from your work as much as possible and to be of help in return. As for you, Miguel, my congratulations, you are a fine specimen indeed. As for Asur, my previous assistant decided to get a little too...creative with his emotional routines. I can't wait to meet you," he said with a cheerful tone, before adding in a more prudent one, "Again sorry."
Asur's eyes flashed again, then he put a clawed hand to his temple, muttering through clenched teeth. "Esa sucia maldita cabra, que le permite hablar de respeto ... Maldita opresor sin Dios" Then he motioned for the two guests to follow.
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

The sisters watched the anidroid approach, Tee shrugging in response, "I'm not one for acting really. Though I might check it out sometime. Preferably after grabbing grub."

Delilah gave a sigh, "As much as I enjoy performance art, my own abilities are more... melodramatic from what little experience I've had in such an area."
Deske

Post by Deske »

Enrique placed a hand to his mouth, pretending to cough in a bad attempt to cover up his laughter. "Remote takeover settings... Hmm" He glanced down at Miguel.
"No." The wolf crossed his arms and began to follow Asur with Miguel following closely behind the two droids. "I'm interested in meeting Mr. Volken. He says he wants to study you and be of assistance, though I'm not entirely sure what assistance he intends to provide."
"He probably wants to pull me apart and figure out how to put me back together again."
"Don't worry, I'm sure nothing like that'll happen. I haven't let it happen before and it won't happen this time either." Enrique said reassuringly. Truthfully it probably was a weird feeling, falling asleep and waking up without thinking or feeling anything between the beginning or the end.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Tegan," Francis said happily as he followed the lady, "a beautiful name." He sniffed. "Yow, it is a bit on the nose, isn't it? How does a nice nose like yours cope with it?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
22xander

Post by 22xander »

Roux wistfully smiled and nodded, slightly dripping as he stepped out of the tub. He shivered as his wet fur touched the air, but continued until he was sitting on the edge of the pool, dripping onto the outside rim. He took his trumpet, looking off into the distance, and then started to play. A slow wistful jazz song, long and beautiful as he lay their beside the pool of water, almost as if all his worries went away as he played. He lay their, and hoped and waited, he did as she said and loved every note that came out of his horn. Every note, every progression, represented pain or beauty... and in this case her, so both. One could here her agony in every little note, but the light and ethereal beauty of a ghost played above it. And if you listened closely you could almost here where he wanted other instruments to be, as he played with a passion only a true artist has.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Deske wrote:Enrique placed a hand to his mouth, pretending to cough in a bad attempt to cover up his laughter. "Remote takeover settings... Hmm" He glanced down at Miguel.
"No." The wolf crossed his arms and began to follow Asur with Miguel following closely behind the two droids. "I'm interested in meeting Mr. Volken. He says he wants to study you and be of assistance, though I'm not entirely sure what assistance he intends to provide."
"He probably wants to pull me apart and figure out how to put me back together again."
"Don't worry, I'm sure nothing like that'll happen. I haven't let it happen before and it won't happen this time either." Enrique said reassuringly. Truthfully it probably was a weird feeling, falling asleep and waking up without thinking or feeling anything between the beginning or the end.
"What are your functions?" Asur asked after they left the elevator. "Droids are made to express any potential, but they start from a specialization. What is yours, T-1000?"
---
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Tegan," Francis said happily as he followed the lady, "a beautiful name." He sniffed. "Yow, it is a bit on the nose, isn't it? How does a nice nose like yours cope with it?"
"You get used to it, eventually. That, and the unavoidable jock jokes. Including those coming from the girls. Yup, this is not a macho-only job..." She led Francis to a locker with his name engraved on the door. She opened it, revealing a series of small gadgets. She indicated them with a claw, one by one. "Collar with recorder and radio, smart contact lenses, hearing amplifiers. Everything you need to gather information in the most discreet fashion and keep in touch with the central. Any question?"
---
22xander wrote:Roux wistfully smiled and nodded, slightly dripping as he stepped out of the tub. He shivered as his wet fur touched the air, but continued until he was sitting on the edge of the pool, dripping onto the outside rim. He took his trumpet, looking off into the distance, and then started to play. A slow wistful jazz song, long and beautiful as he lay their beside the pool of water, almost as if all his worries went away as he played. He lay their, and hoped and waited, he did as she said and loved every note that came out of his horn. Every note, every progression, represented pain or beauty... and in this case her, so both. One could here her agony in every little note, but the light and ethereal beauty of a ghost played above it. And if you listened closely you could almost here where he wanted other instruments to be, as he played with a passion only a true artist has.
Sandine listened with an enraptured expression, and she complimented the performance with a heartfelt applause. "At a certain point, it reminded me of the very call of love-driven wolves in a windy forest. You...you deserve to play in one of the orchestras, really. Or in a jam session in a bar lounge. You gave me happiness, pup, thank you."
22xander

Post by 22xander »

Roux nodded, setting the trumpet down and smiling at her with a flushed face from the exertion. "Well, I think I have a plan for that. I want to take over the music of the bar and cassino, I just know that will work for me and I think everyone will have a load of fun when I manage it." He smiled at her and closed his eyes as he thought about it wishfully. "Imagine, I get ahold of something that lets me do it. I'll leave all the games the way they are, just the music, the drinks, the real heart of the operation under my thumb. I'll be able to play with the band, a band that will play the best music their is. I'll be able to help the food gain it's own local touch, even when local means floating around the world. I'll make drinks! Imagine the drinks cher... That is my goal while I'm here, I want to manage this place and make it mine. Don't you think that's a worthy adventure cher?"
Deske

Post by Deske »

Miguel thought for a second, "I don't have a real specialization. Most of my build comes from prototype models and they were more multipurpose than today's. People custom order you to fill a role, there weren't specified roles for prototype models because they weren't supposed to leave the lab." He rubbed at his side, casually sliding his hand over his jacket to cover up the missing skin and fur, mostly out of habit but a little of it was self consciousness. "I worked as a network admin once, stress tester, shop assistant... I was omni-purposed for the most part. I just worked to fill the drive to work. I've got a higher powered network card, hence the network admin and stress tester jobs, plus a few special sub programs built to force my way through security systems. That's about as specialized as I get and most of that is just from being custom built."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Only two I can think of," Francis said as he affixed the items to himself and did his best with the lenses. "One. Does everyone ask how James Bond this makes them? Two. If I were to ask what time you finished so I can meet you and you can help me learn to socialize, would you be interested or beat me to a pulp?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Hlaoroo wrote: "Ah, I see. Well, I reckon you'd be a good waiter with that kind of knowledge. Wait... Can you taste foods so you know what matches them? Or do you jsut have to download things to your database?" The cat looks back at James, still holding the packet out to Avery.
"Chef and pun master, hey? As long as he doesn't combine the two and hit me with a custard pie that sounds like fun!" he grins, waving the jackal droid over.
James, having been caught up with playing with the child, soon realized he was being called over. He waved goodbye and stood back up, skating over to where Makani was.

"Yes, sir?"
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
ImageImageImageImage (There's actually 6 eggs, but I ran out of links)
valerio

Post by valerio »

22xander wrote:Roux nodded, setting the trumpet down and smiling at her with a flushed face from the exertion. "Well, I think I have a plan for that. I want to take over the music of the bar and cassino, I just know that will work for me and I think everyone will have a load of fun when I manage it." He smiled at her and closed his eyes as he thought about it wishfully. "Imagine, I get ahold of something that lets me do it. I'll leave all the games the way they are, just the music, the drinks, the real heart of the operation under my thumb. I'll be able to play with the band, a band that will play the best music their is. I'll be able to help the food gain it's own local touch, even when local means floating around the world. I'll make drinks! Imagine the drinks cher... That is my goal while I'm here, I want to manage this place and make it mine. Don't you think that's a worthy adventure cher?"
Sandine bent forward and kissed his cheek. "As I said, you know what you want, go for it all the way, my rogue." Then she stood up. The silvery bathsuit gave her a superheroine appearance. "What about your gaming talents? Ready to try your luck someday?" She grabbed a towel and worked her arms and legs. "Admittedly, I started playing at the casinos, as part of my new philosophy. Vegas' been my home for some time, much to the managers' regret."
---
Deske wrote:Miguel thought for a second, "I don't have a real specialization. Most of my build comes from prototype models and they were more multipurpose than today's. People custom order you to fill a role, there weren't specified roles for prototype models because they weren't supposed to leave the lab." He rubbed at his side, casually sliding his hand over his jacket to cover up the missing skin and fur, mostly out of habit but a little of it was self consciousness. "I worked as a network admin once, stress tester, shop assistant... I was omni-purposed for the most part. I just worked to fill the drive to work. I've got a higher powered network card, hence the network admin and stress tester jobs, plus a few special sub programs built to force my way through security systems. That's about as specialized as I get and most of that is just from being custom built."
"Good to know. At least the boss will be too busy drooling after you to pay attention to me. I was built as a military model for the pentagon, a line of mimetic tactical commando with all the ingrained aggressivity and features necessary to maim the enemy forces. But Doc decided he didn't want to participate to warfare and lawyered his way into bringing me and Jemmy here in international waters."
---
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Only two I can think of," Francis said as he affixed the items to himself and did his best with the lenses. "One. Does everyone ask how James Bond this makes them? Two. If I were to ask what time you finished so I can meet you and you can help me learn to socialize, would you be interested or beat me to a pulp?"
Tegan chuckled. "We're actually working on a land-to-sea convertible car here. I'll ask if you can test drive her when the prototype is done. 6pm, first official dinner will be served at 9 in all restaurant. Hope you like chinese and that you have a proper suit."
---
Piper landed on his 'owner''s shoulder just as this stopped in front of the apartment's door.
"Took you enough," the man said. "Please tell me you didn't go looking out for trouble."
The bird smiled one of his sly expressions. "Moi? Depends on what you'd classify as 'trouble'."
Mac's forked tongue flicked out rapidly. ""You smell like a raptor. Did you bathe in its feathers?"
Another, more marked smile. "You could say that, heh. You know, I may like this place after all."
The man sighed. "At least, security didn't call me." He opened the door.
"Oh, of all people they would surely *not*. Heh."
"You remember what the feds said? No details. Please. You give me bad headaches with certain mental images..hm?"
The moment they stepped in, they all found themselves looking at a...bear? No, a dog. A female dog, *quite* female, with a mane which a lion would die for. She stood in the middle of the room, arms crossed behind her back. "Welcome aboard, Sir. Macajuel. Piper. I am Colombina, K-9 deputy to your security aboard this ship until we'll reach Meriweather Island, where the final stage of your testimony will be held. My partner and I will take care of your safety and necessities."
The man put the heavy basket down and massaged his hand. "Fine, officer Colombina." He meant it: that lady looked like she could wrestle down a bear.
"Partner?" Piper said after flying to his perch near the couch. And is he or she too shy to introdu-glick!-" He gulped when found a shiny silvery blade caressing his throat! Where had that thing come from all of a sudden?! Piper turned his head slowly...and found himself looking into the icy-blue eyes of a female snowy-white Akita inu holding a katana!
"My partner, Tsuki Miyugi. She will escort you while I will be Mac's chaperon," Colombina grinned. "Questions?"
22xander

Post by 22xander »

Roux blushed when she kissed his cheek, having gotten mostly dry after shaking out and the time when he played his trumpet. "I suppose chere, I would be amiss to do anything else. I'm going to need to get what I can, and considering how much lady luck gave to me to get me here I don't know if I want to try her patience. You said we would be going out to a big dinner tonight? Will I be able to meet your ward chere?" He stared at her, smiling as he watched her from his spot on the floor, playing occasional little riffs. "Oh, chere, I regret I don't know where I'm supposed to live. I wanted to ask you if you knew where that was supposed to be."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"So... You can taste but not eat, right?" Makani asks Hajime, poking at his band. "So how does this thing work?" The cat looks up as James approaches.
"Ah. James. Hajime tells me you're a chef. That right? Are you attached to any particular restaurant here? And what's your speciality dish?"

====================
"I am intrigued." Kelly admits, running a quick check by her colleague, Todd via her intellicom chip. "Our theatre is currently empty as the actors rest in preparation for tonight's opening performance. If it is convenient we could use it and see your talents today if that is convenient for you?"
The droid turns to the sisters and bows. "Of course. Do not let me prevent you from eating. As you have said you enjoy the dramatic arts, would you like a complimentary ticket to tonight's performance? We will be showing Titanic: The Musical."

On her radio to Miguel she says "I am Kelly Doyle, Usher First Class for the Doyle Theatre Group. Please keep this channel free for official notifications and emergency transmissions. General droid discussions can be sent on Channel Two."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Deske

Post by Deske »

Miguel scratched at the back his head, "I can't imagine what kind of security settings a government droid would have. I personally don't have anything in the way of anti-virus, everything is done on separate processors." He looked around the ship as they walked along to meet Mr. Volken. "This ship really is an amazing marvel of technology. Maybe in the future these will be mass produced or altered for deep space travel. Space has always interested me. So much to explore and learn from its reaches. Anything interest you, Asur? Hobbies, fields of study?"

He flicked to his radio channel, "Roger, out." He changed frequencies to channel 2 and set out to see who was where, "Kelly? You there or are you still working?"
Last edited by Deske on Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Oh, I certainly have a suit, Tegan," Francis said, thinking of the tux he was suddenly happy to have been forced to bring. "As, um, as for Chinese?" He wondered how to phrase this. "I'm lethal with chopticks at ten pace. How, um, do I look?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Hlaoroo wrote:"So... You can taste but not eat, right?" Makani asks Hajime, poking at his band. "So how does this thing work?" The cat looks up as James approaches.
"Ah. James. Hajime tells me you're a chef. That right? Are you attached to any particular restaurant here? And what's your speciality dish?"
"Nope! I'm assigned to different restaurants based upon a schedule, but it'll change daily if needed. Say a chef gets sick and takes a day off, they'll send me to take their place. But luckily, this doesn't happen often and I get to work in each and every kitchen."

James ear twitches at the specialty dish question, complete with a little beep.

"Specialty dish? I don't think I have one...Oh wait! It's in the first restaurant I was ever assigned."

James pulled a menu from his vest jacket. He flipped it over and pointed to a picture of some type of chip looking things surrounding a scoop of yogurt.

"My specialty dish is fit-fit! It's a type of African breakfast food. The things that look like chips are actually shredded bread."
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
ImageImageImageImage (There's actually 6 eggs, but I ran out of links)
valerio

Post by valerio »

22xander wrote:Roux blushed when she kissed his cheek, having gotten mostly dry after shaking out and the time when he played his trumpet. "I suppose chere, I would be amiss to do anything else. I'm going to need to get what I can, and considering how much lady luck gave to me to get me here I don't know if I want to try her patience. You said we would be going out to a big dinner tonight? Will I be able to meet your ward chere?" He stared at her, smiling as he watched her from his spot on the floor, playing occasional little riffs. "Oh, chere, I regret I don't know where I'm supposed to live. I wanted to ask you if you knew where that was supposed to be."
Sandine handed him a towel. "The one just on the right to mine. After all, my nephew was supposed to stay close to me on this ship. Being the front apartments, you can enjoy the best sight. And yes, tonight at the dinner you will meet Nessie. If you don't have someting to wear for the occasion, I'll have something ready: do you have any style preferences, or will a classical tux do?"
--
Hlaoroo wrote:"I am intrigued." Kelly admits, running a quick check by her colleague, Todd via her intellicom chip. "Our theatre is currently empty as the actors rest in preparation for tonight's opening performance. If it is convenient we could use it and see your talents today if that is convenient for you?"
Nessie nodded. "Why not? And heh," she grinned. "Titanic. I'm sure mother will love the irony. Give us three. Your choice."
---
Deske wrote:Miguel scratched at the back his head, "I can't imagine what kind of security settings a government droid would have. I personally don't have anything in the way of anti-virus, everything is done on separate processors." He looked around the ship as they walked along to meet Mr. Volken. "This ship really is an amazing marvel of technology. Maybe in the future these will be mass produced or altered for deep space travel. Space has always interested me. So much to explore and learn from its reaches. Anything interest you, Asur? Hobbies, fields of study?"a
He flicked to his radio channel, "Roger, out." He changed frequencies to channel 2 and set out to see who was where, "Kelly? You there or are you still working?"
"I've been conceived to basically consider everything living a potential target for elimination, and I'm interested in fighting techniques, weapons, history of warfare etc. And pacifists are wussies."
----
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Oh, I certainly have a suit, Tegan," Francis said, thinking of the tux he was suddenly happy to have been forced to bring. "As, um, as for Chinese?" He wondered how to phrase this. "I'm lethal with chopticks at ten pace. How, um, do I look?"
Tegan checked the result. The collar looked perfectly normal, just new. The smart lenses were adapting to the changes in the pupils' dilation. And the hearing aids were well hidden. "You look like a regular, well-groomed pet that no one would suspect. And I'll help you with the chopsticks, because I won't concede on chinese."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"I, er, can't think someone like, um, you would ever need to concede anything," Francis said, showing his nerves. "So what now?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"Yup!" Avery beams proudly as Jemmy explains her credentials. After retrieving her wristband she returns to the group. "I was trained since I was a little pup to help, socialize with, and treat people! I've actually only been off the leash and out on the field independently for a year! Just umm... Don't ask me any tough math or physics questions." She shifts her weight from foot to foot, a sheepish smile on her muzzle now.

"Oh! I almost forgot, I gotta go!" She replies with sudden urgency. The canine walks over and hugs Makani, Hajime and James. "I'll see you guys all later. Maybe we can grab a bite to eat or go see a show! Come on Jemmy!" And with a wave she disappears into the crowd with the droid close behind.
"Oh umm, Jemmy. Where is the medical ward by the way?"
Last edited by Roarin on Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
Deske

Post by Deske »

"I have a bit of an interest in history. Mostly ancient studies which included a lot of battles and war. I find it interesting how people lived back then. What kind of combat techniques do you know? I've been able to search a bit of styles up but I've never committed them to memory. "
22xander

Post by 22xander »

Roux took the towel and used it to dry the rest of his damp fur off, looking up at her. "That sounds nice chere... I don't own anything except what you've seen and a few spices, so I suppose, but if I have to wear something like that I'd hope that it's pretty light, Fur and all. Maybe just the jacket? I'd prefer a dark red or purple trim.."
Last edited by 22xander on Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
AnimeNerd88

Post by AnimeNerd88 »

When Ramona woke up, sitting in a chair and in a place she'd never seen before, she knew exactly where she was. She couldn't hold in the squeal that had immediately been made at the sight of the place.
"Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh! Oh my goooooosh!" she said in pure joy. They were here, they were here! At a city where animal andoids were a norm and so were flying cars! She was so excited, she just wanted to see it all!
However, when she stood up, she noticed Reginald's notepad now on the ground. She picked it up and read it, already knowing it would explain what had happened since the last time she was in control. When she finished, her ear-to-ear smile had been replaced with a small frown. "Awwwww, but I wanted to 'splore!" she pouted. Oh well, no point in arguing with Reginald at the moment. After adjusting their collar so that it's on her share, the paint splattered white with a paintbrush tag, she sits in the chair she had been in before and pulls out her sketchbook and a pencil, attempting to draw a creepy forest.
Last edited by AnimeNerd88 on Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Let's give it everything we've got! Get ready, because it's Punishment Time!
-Monokuma

What? Even if I like dark topics, I can't resist cuteness.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"I, er, can't think someone like, um, you would ever need to concede anything," Francis said, showing his nerves. "So what now?"
"Now off you go. Wander around, do what you want, as long you keep eyes and ears open. Watch it, nothing stronger than water in your ears or eyes. Everything you see and hear will be automatically transferred to our intelligence central...the guys with the funny gloves. You're allowed a time-out in the restroom if you need to. No need to say enything or instruct the system: the collar recognizes the chemistry changes when you, well, you know." Tegan blushed. "And when you're done, you're back online. Other questions?"
---
Roarin wrote:"Oh! I almost forgot, I gotta go!" She replies with sudden urgency. The canine walks over and hugs Makani, Hajime and Mickey. "I'll see you guys all later. Maybe we can grab a bite to eat or go see a show! Come on Jemmy!" And with a wave she disappears into the crowd with the droid close behind.
"Oh umm, Jemmy. Where is the medical ward by the way?"
"Deck L, bowside. We can use a MULTI elevator," The genet pointed at one of the entrances.
---
Deske wrote:"I have a bit of an interest in history. Mostly ancient studies which included a lot of battles and war. I find it interesting how people lived back then. What kind of combat techniques do you know? I've been able to search a bit of styles up but I've never committed them to memory. "
Asur grinned. "I learned that war is a very driving force for every civillization. It is more constructive a force than pacifists can imagine...and, well, I know *every* technique. What are you capable of?"
---
22xander wrote:Roux took the towel and used it to dry the rest of his damp fur off, looking up at her. "That sounds nice chere... I don't own anything except what you've seen and a few species, so I suppose, but if I have to wear something like that I'd hope that it's pretty light, Fur and all. Maybe just the jacket? I'd prefer a dark red or purple trim.."
Sandine nodded. "Good. Dark-red trimmed extra light tux on the way." she went to a panel at the wall and tapped in the order for the clothing department. "There. It will be shipped at the Skyroom by the Casino lounge. That it, if you want to check on it."
---
AnimeNerd88 wrote:When Ramona woke up, sitting in a chair and in a place she'd never seen before, she knew exactly where she was. She couldn't hold in the squeal that had immediately been made at the sight of the place.
"Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh! Oh my goooooosh!" she said in pure joy. They were here, they were here! At a city where animal andoids were a norm and so were flying cars! She was so excited, she just wanted to see it all!
However, when she stood up, she noticed Reginald's notepad now on the ground. She picked it up and read it, already knowing it would explain what had happened since the last time she was in control. When she finished, her ear-to-ear smile had been replaced with a small frown. "Awwwww, but I wanted to 'splore!" she pouted. Oh well, no point in arguing with Reginald at the moment. After adjusting their collar so that it's on her share, the paint splattered white with a paintbrush tag, she sits in the chair she had been in before and pulls out her sketchbook and a pencil, attempting to draw a creepy forest.
A female bipedal unicorn droid approached her and bent to her with a big smile. "While waiting for your doctor, ma'm, would you like to explore the ship all the same? We can make it possible for you. We don't want to get our waiting patients bored."
22xander

Post by 22xander »

Roux nodded, smiling at her. "Well, chere, is their anything else you would like to do before this dinner? I'd appreciate finding my way around, but given how grateful I am for your help I'd like to stay with you for the night." He smiled and followed her with his eyes, waiting and looking and trying to see what to do. Once he was done drying off he started to shuffle cards.
Last edited by 22xander on Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Uh, only to ask where I meet you for six? Other than that, I don't, um think so, Tegan. You've been most beautiful... uh, helpful! " He blushed and cringed slightly in the seconds after realizing he's said that aloud.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
AnimeNerd88

Post by AnimeNerd88 »

Ramona looked up at the unicorn, a bit of wonder entering her eyes at the sight of her. Upon realizing what she said, Ramona jumped out of her seat. She sat back down however, after realizing something. "I would really love to in all honesty, but I really shouldn't. Reggie specifically said that I shouldn't leave, so I won't." When Ramona realized another thing, she asked the unicorn, "Wait a second. How did you know I'm female?" A gasp, then, "Is that another thing ani-droids can do?! You can tell what gender I see myself as just by looking at me?! Oh my gosh, everything here is just so cool!" She squealed once again. Was there no end to this city's amazement?
Let's give it everything we've got! Get ready, because it's Punishment Time!
-Monokuma

What? Even if I like dark topics, I can't resist cuteness.