HPU - Blue Peak Shore OOC

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

The Moon Howler

Re: HPU - Blue Peak Shore OOC

Post by The Moon Howler »

Sorry for the delays, my fellow RPers! Have been drawn into a series of celebrations and banquets for various reasons and in different places and didn't have much time to focus between recovering and traveling. Now that they are finished (And Thank God they did!) I can finally find time for you guys! I will post shortly though.
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

Housepets: Silver the Cat! fanfic

My RP Characters
AnimeNerd88

Post by AnimeNerd88 »

Okay, sorry if I seem rude, but I have to ask; am I in or not? I never really got any confirmation, and I'm kind of tired of waiting, so I'm just asking now.
Let's give it everything we've got! Get ready, because it's Punishment Time!
-Monokuma

What? Even if I like dark topics, I can't resist cuteness.
valerio

Post by valerio »

AnimeNerd88 wrote:How about a tourist rabbit?
Name: Kermit Deus
Color: #000040 alright?
Type: Main, Tourist
Species/Breed: Rabbit, Flemish Giant/Giant Angora Mix
Appearance: Long-ish grey fur that is technically wool with a tuft of it over the left eye dyed dark blue, dark brown eyes, a few scars under his fur in various places, and he wears no collar since they feel uncomfortable and itchy to him. Also, since he is half Flemish Giant, he is about as tall as a regular sized dog.
Personality: Kermit is pretty much the personification of teenage anger. He's rarely ever happy, and prefers to be alone than to be with anyone. The only person he'll be nice to is his owner, Lisa, while everyone else is he sees as 'Pampered Snots'. You'd have to try very hard to make him happy, and even then the most his owner has seen is a semi-amused smirk. To get him mad is easy, just stay near him for too long a time and try to make small talk and he'll wanna punch you in the muzzle. Interestingly enough, it's also surprisingly easy to make him sad. Just mention the idea of him being in a romantic relationship and he'll bawl like there's no tomorrow. He also has a tendency to curse...a lot. (Represented as ****, though!)
Background: Kermit has lived a very hard life. Soon after he was born, he and his mother were captured and taken to a pet fight club, where his mother sadly didn't make it. Kermit, on the other hand, managed to thrive in this environment, only keeping his sanity by remembering the last words he heard from his mother, "Try to stay alive, but remember that this is not right. This is not the way the world should be." With this permanently etched into his mind, he managed to stay alive by the time the fight club got busted, and had even become their champion. While he had been there, though, he had met someone he thought he might've had a crush on; a female black lab named Bobbi. Sadly, they had eventually been put together in a fight, and Kermit came out victorious. After he was freed, he latched himself to one of his main liberators, Lisa Deus, who adopted him in hopes of giving him a better life. The first thing on her list for that idea; a relaxing trip on a tropical island.
Stats: S: 10 (Like a weakling could live through my situation.)
P: 7 (I could've gotten a lot more scars.)
E: 7 (Some matches went long and hard, but I knew I wasn't going to lose.)
C: 2 (**** off.)
I: 4 (I don't really need anymore than self-defense tactics, do I?)
A: 7 (Perception doesn't work very well if I couldn't dodge it.)
L: 5 (Pet fight club, but I lived through it with my sanity, so about half.)
So, what do you think?
I think that you're in!
This guy could make a future good citizen for Liberation^^
Really, really sorry for the delay in answering
AnimeNerd88

Post by AnimeNerd88 »

Alright, so how should he be introduced? Coming in on a ship or just arriving, or what? This honestly isn't like most of the RP's, as far as I can tell, so I'm not sure how this should work.
-Monokuma

valerio

Post by valerio »

AnimeNerd88 wrote:Alright, so how should he be introduced? Coming in on a ship or just arriving, or what? This honestly isn't like most of the RP's, as far as I can tell, so I'm not sure how this should work.
as a tourist with an owner with no high social status, far as I can tell, he came with the "Sea Dragon" on day 1, so you can have him appear as someone who spent some time on the island and is going wherever he wants.
Reminder about the natives: The rabbits work like an isolationist enclave, but could be intrigued by a brethren with fighting skills.
The lycaons would make him feel *quite* welcome.
The red wolves would avoid him just to avoid problems with the local authorities. Unless our hero was stubborn enough to go challenge them and risk ending up part of their next meal.
Argon camp is quite far from the resort and its current population consists of 2 cougars, 1 black fox and his guardian spirit, 1 rabbit shaman and 1 panthress. Plus 2 spirits on the not-really-benevolent side, and 1 deity.
AnimeNerd88

Post by AnimeNerd88 »

Okay! Did an introduction! I hope it seems alright.
-Monokuma

valerio

Post by valerio »

AnimeNerd88 wrote:Okay! Did an introduction! I hope it seems alright.
It is just fine! I'll unlock a character that has been stuck due to its player's prolonged inactivity.
valerio

Post by valerio »

The Moon Howler wrote:Sorry for the delays, my fellow RPers! Have been drawn into a series of celebrations and banquets for various reasons and in different places and didn't have much time to focus between recovering and traveling. Now that they are finished (And Thank God they did!) I can finally find time for you guys! I will post shortly though.
OK, since the situation's been locked for some time now, I will do something that I really do not enjoy, but seems unavoidable.
With your permission, guys, I'll apply ONE godmodding, hoping it will be the last, and reset the tableau, thus allowing the other players to start playing again without further delays.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

What are you planning to do?
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

valerio

Post by valerio »

Ok, I sent to Hialoroo a sketch of what is going to happen.
There are two options
1) SURPRISE! You will know everything only when I write it. Admittedly, I like it this more because I want to see how your characters react to the "And now for something completely different" + WOW factor effect.
2) After 'roo read my proposal, he might suggest I send it to you guys as well before posting it.

What I can say without spoiling, because it was part of the deal, is that for now Cap Shadowclaw and the Trickster are banished back to their dimension while, privately, The Moon Howler and I decide how to manage them for the future. Again, the idea is to unlock the situation, but with STYLE.

Thanks for your patience so far
valerio

Post by valerio »

Tonight my time, I will post the godmodding step. Anyone Still interested in playing is welcome to join. Lacking any response within monday night my time, i will consider this game over.
Thank you for everything guys
AnimeNerd88

Post by AnimeNerd88 »

Wait, game over as in the end of the RP?!
B-b-but I just joined! I don't want it to end already! Please don't let it end!
-Monokuma

valerio

Post by valerio »

AnimeNerd88 wrote:Wait, game over as in the end of the RP?!
B-b-but I just joined! I don't want it to end already! Please don't let it end!
Believe me, I will fight to the very end. I think that what I thought of should make thing interesting at least for new players^^
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Oh? Is this something that'll affect all of us? Whatever it is I'm sure I'll still be interested! Let's keep it alive!
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
valerio

Post by valerio »

As I promised to Hialoroo, no negative effect against other characters, save the two I had announced earlier.
Ready in 3...2...1...
AnimeNerd88

Post by AnimeNerd88 »

Um, sorry, but I'm kinda confused. What just happened?
-Monokuma

Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Wow... Well I'm not Val, and correct me if I'm wrong. But from what I've grasped from reading it over a few times:
An ancient city has risen from the ground/winked into existence, now occupying the territory of the island (or at least a portion of it) that was the wilderness. There's lots of backstory and lore involved that's been building over the 150 or so pages the RP has been through that in a way, builds up to this, and in a way, ends with it too(?).

Large ancient city comes out of nowhere so people in city city are freaked out because y'know... An ancient city popping up out of nowhere is a big addition to what used to be a relatively empty skyline (or treeline?) and people in the forest are now in the ancient city (I think...). Large pandemonium everywhere.

And now... Endless possibilities, infinite adventures, and an unknown future for the island.

"Prooobably not going to the circus anymore huh?"

I apologize if that was more confusing than informative >w<

Ref Ref!
valerio

Post by valerio »

Yup. That city is the ancient Zilnawa the Fabled, that has ben Brought back from the temporal limbo. I'd say that things have just gone way more interesting
Last edited by valerio on Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

alright, I didn't drop out of here, except that's kind of exactly what I did on accident. I've had a tab opened to this for as long as I've been inactive. just sort of... never got back into posting after Civ went inactive and didn't respond to Buster.

so... which part of the big post applies to Buster and Levi so I can actually get back to being an active Roleplayer again? are they still with Reg or did he go somewhere else while I was being a bad player?
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:alright, I didn't drop out of here, except that's kind of exactly what I did on accident. I've had a tab opened to this for as long as I've been inactive. just sort of... never got back into posting after Civ went inactive and didn't respond to Buster.

so... which part of the big post applies to Buster and Levi so I can actually get back to being an active Roleplayer again? are they still with Reg or did he go somewhere else while I was being a bad player?
Buster bis boyfriend and Levi are with reginald's group at the moment, so yes they are inside the city, in the ma in building as in the picture
valerio

Post by valerio »

Specifically, there are SIX sectors of Zilnawa:

the city's main body, Maintown (Where Levi, Janus, Alyse, Flint, Reginald, Khun and Monique are):

the temple city on the top of the mountain, Sky Haven:

Port town, or Portside, where Liberation used to be:

Undersea section, aka Atlantis:

the underground section, or 'The Burrows', built during the tribal wars:

and finally, Zaria, the City within the city!

This happens to be the High Garden inside Zaria. Enjoy!
Last edited by valerio on Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
valerio

Post by valerio »

and here it is, DA FLAG of Meriweather Island, courtesy of LightWolf

AnimeNerd88

Post by AnimeNerd88 »

Okay, now that I’ve got my confidence to post back, there’s only one question that needs to be asked. I steal a song title from Hamilton;
What did I miss?
-Monokuma

valerio

Post by valerio »

AnimeNerd88 wrote:Okay, now that I’ve got my confidence to post back, there’s only one question that needs to be asked. I steal a song title from Hamilton;
What did I miss?
This RP has been very quiet. Also, because night is approaching, everyone is going to take a pause to rest for the night.
Active characters remain a lykaon shaman, Levi, the recently moved in Russian family whose humans had just a baby and are now at the resort's hospital.
Nothing has changed for Kermit and his human. You could easily pick up again with the coming of the new day, soon as it's announced,
AnimeNerd88

Post by AnimeNerd88 »

So, maybe just wait until the new day has started? Is that what you're suggesting? I guess I can work that out.
-Monokuma

valerio

Post by valerio »

AnimeNerd88 wrote:So, maybe just wait until the new day has started? Is that what you're suggesting? I guess I can work that out.
Yes, gonna be soon now.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Speaking of which, I'd like to make a character change proposal for the next day.
valerio

Post by valerio »

xhunterko wrote:Speaking of which, I'd like to make a character change proposal for the next day.
I'm all ears!^^
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Character Change:

Monique 2.0!

After the sun dipped below the horizon, she saw a bright flash, then Monique found herself sitting in a white, glass box. She looked around. The ceiling and surroundings were white and high, she was curious, but slightly scared.

"Do not be afraid mortal, you are in the court of the Gods, and your trial has begun, but fear not," a voice said, "We are sympathetic to you. Your crime has caused a bit of a stir among the chair, but most are sympathetic. However, we can not simply waive your deeds."

Monique gulped. She stood at attention and bowed her head. If she were going to hell, she'd rather go repentant, and hope for a low level floor.

"I understand," she said quietly, "Do what you will."

"Not that I need your permission dearest. However, there was no malice meant in your deed, and there was only love behind it, making your punishment unfitting," the voice said, "So, we have decided to give you a second chance. At a cost."

"I'm more curious then anything," Monique said, "What cost?"

"We are going to give you power. AND knowledge of your duties. There has been a tiny gap in the godhead of Tricana that has been ignored for too long. Tiny creatures have had their prayers unanswered. The small and homeless have gone unloved and uncared for. The dwellers in the dark and underground and hidden places have stopped praying because they felt they were not heard," the voice said, "In short, there is a staffing problem. Btu we will not simply give it away. A fowl demon is about to be summoned to be slain. A skillset is missing from the party."

"Okay?" Monique said, "What do you want of me?"

"You are to aid in the slaying of this demon," the voice said, "Your power is temporary. And most will be used up in the battle. But there will be enough leftover to perform your duties as a temporary demigoddess for as long as you live on the island. Does that sound fair?"

Monique paused for a moment.

"Is death a possibility when fighting the demon?" She asked.

"Yes, while powerful and able to perform your duties, you are not immortal," the voice said, "What do you say?"

Monique thought a moment. Then sighed.

"Yes," she said solemnly, "I'll take care of the small, the neglected, the pitied, the forgotten, and the helpless."

"Then so be it," the voice said, "Remember, your power is not limitless, use it with care. But here, let us square you off with your family and lover, then attend you to your station."
----------
The basic idea is Monique is now mortal again. But if I guess others agree, a magic caster as well. She'll be able to fight demons, perform her demigoddess duties, and other small miracles and such. She is still mortal, capable of death and the other fallacies of mortality if she's stupid or careless.

Due to her status, she is also covered in new tattoos of Celtic knot design all over her body. She is also given a staff with a shoulder strap that shrinks in tiny bits as she uses her power.

But again, the basic idea is Monique is no longer a ghost.

I think the idea of a frisky, flighty, mischievous magical prankster is a neat idea to explore.

That's my idea.

As far as assurances against abuse, I can only point to my history as a role player here and let that speak for itself.
Hotep the psychic

Post by Hotep the psychic »

Demigoddess.....sounds like a percy javkson and the olympians thing going on.
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"As long as she stops trying to be a moral compass for certain individuals!" Flint harrumphs and crosses his arms.

Ref Ref!
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Not one, of course, to step over your pre-existing mythology, Valerio. Far be it.

The basic idea is Monique is alive again. If I can have that without the whole demigoddess mythos then I'm happy.

It was the best way I could think of to give Monique the 'mischievous magical' trait I think is missing from the role play.

If you want to go the diminishing demigoddess route then I think that'd be fun. Or just the regular magical character route too, cause that's fun to play.

But again, apologies if I may have offended you by trying to twist in a new mythology.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Sorry for being late!^^'

This could work.
But, as far as divinity goes, let us remember: there is only ONE taking care of Tricana/Meriweather. It is coincidential that it happens to be a class-A divinity. But one nonetheless.
BUT, below the divinity, we already know that there are hosts of guardian spirits born out of the former living beings who inhabited the islands. They are sort of intermediaries with the otherworld, and they are divided in darkness and light entities, according to their allegiances with the tribes.
So I have no quailms at all with monique 2.0. Just remember, she is being invested by spirit guardians and 'Hubert' will always be keeping an eye on her
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

No problems with that! Just glad your okay. Was getting worried there for a bit.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

*pokes role play with a hot fire poker, runs away laughing*
valerio

Post by valerio »

Waiting for the last goodbyes at the hospital, then ready for the new day
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Quick voting proposition. Since this is moving a tad slow and people may have forgot who posted when and where.

Does anyone want to say a few more things before the new day?

Or do we want to go ahead and start the new day already?
valerio

Post by valerio »

I vote we start with new day
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

I'm good with starting the new day
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

I'm happy to do that.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!