Mungo's Heritage

Discuss the comic here
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Mungo's Heritage

Post by Hlaoroo »

Does anyone know what breed Mungo is?

The closest in appearance I've found is a Dutch Shepherd which is on the list of breeds used as police dogs.

What do you guys think?

Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Douglas Collier

Re: Mungo's Heritage

Post by Douglas Collier »

I could see that. :)
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Not A Furry

Post by Not A Furry »

I think he's a great dane

HellishK9

Post by HellishK9 »

I think he is whatever this is
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

I've said my crazy theory before and I'll say it again. :P
Image<----Image
ImageImageImageImage
Adoring Fan

Post by Adoring Fan »

CHAOKOCartoons wrote:I've said my crazy theory before and I'll say it again. :P
Image<----Image

I agree, i am convinced hes a direct descendant.
Image Image
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Natalie apparently agrees !
CanzetYote

Post by CanzetYote »

HellishK9 wrote:I think he is whatever this is
That's a bully Whippet.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Watching Mungo and Res interact in the Temple, I wondered if Ptah's heritage had some input into our literary tabby's gene pool. Personality, not so much....
EntVanen

Post by EntVanen »

CHAOKOCartoons wrote:I've said my crazy theory before and I'll say it again. :P
Image<----Image
This theory is slightly bolstered by the Christmas 2017 animation!
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Mungo does rock the Ramses look, doesn't he?
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

Hlaoroo wrote:Does anyone know what breed Mungo is?

The closest in appearance I've found is a Dutch Shepherd which is on the list of breeds used as police dogs.

What do you guys think?

For a good start, keep in mind that Mungo told Sabrina his parents are from Morocco.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Actually, since the voice balloons come from outside Fox's door, it's not clear who's speaking. We do know that Sabrina is from the North Africa/Morocco region, so she may be talking and not Mungo.

But, hey, I could be wrong..... Regards.
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

From Jungle Fever we know Sabrina was born in Malta (Mediterranean island according to google) and was adopted shortly after because she was in Feraga for six months and was six months old when she left. in my experience you answer the question "where are you from" with information about your parents if they are immigrants and you were born in the country you're in. therefor, I would conclude Sabrina was asking Mungo. He said his family is from all over North Africa, which would include the nile and the merimde. It's not conclusive, but it supports the heritage theory. Even if it is true, I doubt we will get much more evidence because Rick doesn't seem to be the type to state something like this overtly.
The cape comes with the promotion.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

....Or Rick will incubate it for a future thread.
TheSilverFox51

Post by TheSilverFox51 »

Champion Wallace wrote:From Jungle Fever we know Sabrina was born in Malta (Mediterranean island according to google) and was adopted shortly after because she was in Feraga for six months and was six months old when she left. in my experience you answer the question "where are you from" with information about your parents if they are immigrants and you were born in the country you're in. therefor, I would conclude Sabrina was asking Mungo. He said his family is from all over North Africa, which would include the nile and the merimde. It's not conclusive, but it supports the heritage theory. Even if it is true, I doubt we will get much more evidence because Rick doesn't seem to be the type to state something like this overtly.
I know I am fairly late to the party (or thread or whatever you want to call it) But I think it is implied that Sabrina is the one speaking, while she did say she was born in Malta, which is in the Mediterranean sea, that could still technically be considered part of "North Africa" as it is north of Libya and south of Sicily (I would include a map or something but I don't have one). However I do believe that by some far off theory or something that Mungo is a descendent of Satau, so it could be him speaking.
Allons-y
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

In Rick's 2016 "Christmas Card", Mungo and Sabrina are chatting and one of the characters asks the other, "So, where are you from, anyhow?" The reply is "My parents are from Morocco but my family's from all over North Africa." Unfortunately, the door is closed and we don't know whether Mungo or Sabrina asked the question.

My impression is that Mungo, not Sabrina, initiated the conversation and it's Sabrina answering about her roots. We know she was born in Malta, and the North African (Maybe in) influence is strong there. If Mungo is decsended from Satau, his roots would be Egyptian-Sudani, not "North African". So the exchange between them doesn't really help much in pinning down the Mungo-Satau link....

But I'll bet it was an awesome Christmas party! Regards.....
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

NHWestoN wrote:his roots would be Egyptian-Sudani, not "North African". So the exchange between them doesn't really help much in pinning down the Mungo-Satau link....
Egypt and Sudan are in North Africa. so if his ancestors were from all over North Africa, some of those ancestors could be from Egypt and therefore, Satau.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Geographically correct, Brent, but because of the barrier between the Egypt-Sudan and the Maghrib (North Africa = Morocco, Mauritania, Algeria, Tunisia, and Tripolian Libya), they are seen as two very separate regions historically. Just as Mexico and Canada are very different despite being "North American". So, again, I think it's Sabrina talking about North Africa, not Mungo.

But, hey, it's Rick's world. What do I know? Regards.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

If the average lay-person doesn't know it (and I don't believe they do), then it's unlikely to be an important distinction in this case
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

wikipedia wrote:The most commonly accepted definition includes Algeria, Morocco, and Tunisia, as well as Libya and Egypt.
I would assume Rick would use the most commonly accepted definition, or, if he didn't really think to research, assumed the geographic definition.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets