HPU: Sunset Plateau OOC

For all those times you're not in character, try new "Out of Character"

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

PseudoFaux

Re: PF: Sunset Plateau OOC

Post by PseudoFaux »

I'll move in tomorrow when I get off the plane, that way I'll at least have several hours of uninterrupted time. For now, showers and shut eye.

Oh that reminds me, I'll be on vacation this week so my posting will be rather sporadic during the day.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

That's Ok this RP isn't very fast anyway I really doubt you'll be left behind and even if it looks that way I can drag things out until you are able to post again.
Neko

Post by Neko »

ImageImage Back after 7 years to GM once more.
PseudoFaux

Post by PseudoFaux »

I can't seem to find it, what season are we currently in and how far into it? Also, geographically, where are we? Weather is very important to me.
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

We never established anything. The season is definitely summer, tho, as we played outside and were all tired and thirsty.

Geographically, based on the name, it's probably going to be like, midwest or western USA type of area, I guess?
Aaron - S 9, P 4, E 8, C 3, I 8, A 7, L 3 (SP)

Chase - S 6, P 8, E 5, C 8, I 6, A 4, L 5 (YsF)
JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

-click-

I thought up this character while planning out my YsF character's band. Hope this is cool.
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Looks good, by all accounts. Welcome!
Aaron - S 9, P 4, E 8, C 3, I 8, A 7, L 3 (SP)

Chase - S 6, P 8, E 5, C 8, I 6, A 4, L 5 (YsF)
Missingo

Post by Missingo »

Welcome new(er) players :D

For now, I'm thinking about setting the player cap at 15 just as a precaution. That would leave us with 6 more open slots. When we fill up, we can decide whether we want to raise it or not. Sound good to you guys?
Kay: S4 P9 E6 C8 I7 A5 L3

Retired Characters:
Matthew & Rachel
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

I like that Idea it would stop it from getting to crowed like OT
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Can you reserve one slot for me? I can try to make a character in the next few days.
Neko

Post by Neko »

Missingo wrote:Welcome new(er) players :D

For now, I'm thinking about setting the player cap at 15 just as a precaution. That would leave us with 6 more open slots. When we fill up, we can decide whether we want to raise it or not. Sound good to you guys?
Sounds good to me~
The Game

Post by The Game »

Could I join this RP still?

EDIT: I'll be making a character soon....
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Name: Eris Grant

Species: Cat, Shorthair Tabby

Neighborhood: Sunset Plateau.

Character Type: Main

-Appearance-
Eris has white fur all along her body, except random orange strips all along her body, as well as a few black stripes. She has bright red eyes. She wears a red collar, and her tag is a golden apple.

-Personality-
Eris is best described as a trickster. She just goes wherever her feet feel like leading her that day, and she does whatever hits her at the moment; Although, she does have a penchant for pranks. She loves a good prank, and never regrets a single one. She isn't heartless, she just doesn't see the world beyond her nose. She is a fun and friendly cat to be around, but being close to her only makes you a closer target for her pranks. She pranks friend and foe alike, and most she meets either fall into those two categories. She is also good at convincing others to join in on the prank, and her laughter can be infectious.

Background: Eris's father and mother adopted Eris and her brother Loki from the pet store as kittens. They lived with her owner's father and his cat Tobias for a little bit until they moved to Sunset Plateau. Tobias, Loki and Eris were partners in crime, and were ultimate pranking team. They moved out and moved to Sunset Plateau. Their parents no longer life with each other. Eris lives with her father while Loki went with their mother. Eris has always caused trouble wherever she went, but nothing serious until recently. Her owner works double shifts and is only home long enough to sleep, as they are in debt. Though Mr. Grant has been able to keep things going a little better with his recent promotion.

SPECIAL
STR- 4
PER- 7
END- 4
CHA- 5
INT- 6
AGI- 10
LUC- 6

Color: Is #BF8000 free?

Extra bits of background:
Because her owner works so often and spends so little time with her, she slowly grew to starve attention. When she was a kitten, she didn't really get recognized for the good things she did: cleaning, arts and crafts, being nice. Her owner was just too busy. But after getting in trouble, she realized that her owner will pay attention to her if she gets in trouble. She eventually came to subconsciously believe that any attention is better than no attention. Because of her many many pranks and misdeeds, she hasn't made any friends since she was a kitten. On the inside, she's just a sad, lonely kitten who just wants someone to pay attention to her.
The Game

Post by The Game »

Name: Destiny Black

Species: Tabby Cat

Neighborhood: Sunset

Main Character

Appearance:
Destiny is mostly gray, with black stripes all over her. She has green eyes that always seem to be looking for something. Her collar is black, with a simple silver 'D' as the tag. She wears silver hoop earrings, and a special ring that she uses to pick locks. She usually has a pair of super dark sunglasses on, that have a mirror in them so she can see behind her. She has a watch that not only tells the time, but also acts as a kind of joy buzzer. It gives a small shock, but it's not able to really hurt somebody.

Personality: Destiny thinks she's a spy. In fact, she's a very good spy. She can be paranoid, thinking that whoever she's with is someone that wants to know all her secrets. But after she's sure you can be trusted, she becomes a great, and loyal friend. She can often get into trouble, thinking someone else is a villain, but she always tries to fix whatever mess she made. She has a love for writing, though she never shows anyone her work. There's always something she's excited about, and she loves having fun. if she's not smiling there's something very, very wrong.

Other: She been in martial arts classes since she was a kitten.
She doesn't always act like a spy. Just the majority of the time.
Her dad is a detective and she really admires him.

S- 6 Just strong enough to flip somebody.
P- 7 Aware of where she is and who she's with.
E- 5 She does get tired after running for a while, but she can take a hit. Not a lot of hits, but a hit.
C- 8 She's very good at persuading someone.
I- 7 She's very smart, especially with things like chemicals and biology (she says she has to know the human, cat, and dog body to know how to hit pressure points and such), but other things can leave her with a blank look.
A- 7 She's fast and furious.
L- 3 Not the luckiest person around. Seriously.
Forty Six & 2
Location: On the streets, checkin out this forum on a stolen iPhone.

Post by Forty Six & 2 »

The lack of posting to this rp lately makes me disappointed and I cry... I want to continue, and where's the map of the neighborhood? We settling with mine? (lol, just joking, my map's horrible) :cry:
Attachments
'm Happy.jpg
'm Happy.jpg (9.98 KiB) Viewed 42442 times
Off the Air.
Image You'll be going like this the whole time.
Dakotah- S5, P7, E7, C5, I6, A6, L4
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Then you'd really hate Richmond Acres which hasn't been posted in for the past 6 days. :lol: And I know I kind of need to do the map I've been lazy unless someone else wants to do it.
Forty Six & 2

Post by Forty Six & 2 »

IceKitsune wrote:Then you'd really hate Richmond Acres which hasn't been posted in for the past 6 days. :lol: And I know I kind of need to do the map I've been lazy unless someone else wants to do it.
Lol, guess I would hate it there. And I didn't mean to sound impatient or rush you or anything if you were planning on making a map, just, it'd be nice to see it soon and as you can see... I'm not good at making maps.
Off the Air.
The Game

Post by The Game »

I somehow manage to join the Rps that take people forever to post in. :cry:
Neko

Post by Neko »

The Game wrote:I somehow manage to join the Rps that take people forever to post in. :cry:
Lol? You just posted a few hours ago, give people some time.
devils

Post by devils »

i really hate to do this, but i'm gonna have to take a break on the RPing until i get settled in at school. Once that happens i'll come back. i'm really sorry
Cinder:S:5 P:6 E:3 C:5 I:8 A:7 L:2
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

That sucks but its ok schools more important then this what should we do about your Character?
devils

Post by devils »

IceKitsune wrote:That sucks but its ok schools more important then this what should we do about your Character?
I know and i feel terrible about it, but i got alot of stuff going on right now. as for my character i'll think of some way to rp him out for now. once again i'm sorry
Cinder:S:5 P:6 E:3 C:5 I:8 A:7 L:2
zeekgenateer

Post by zeekgenateer »

Yea sorry guys, been tired out brainwise from watching my little brother all day. That and trying to do some stuff before moving out again, but I should be less inactive now that I move out today.
* My Steam Account * My DA (writing) *
"They say misery loves company, ain't there something else we can share. Are you still there? Do you still care? That's all I really need to know." - Kansas - Need to Know
Forty Six & 2

Post by Forty Six & 2 »

Yeah, my school just started Wed, lol. So yeah, I guess I'll be kinda busy, but I still check the rp and forums after school. I'll have time to post and stuff, but it'll have to be after my school ends. I don't think it should be a problem honestly though, because this is a slow rp, so it isn't bad...
Off the Air.
PseudoFaux

Post by PseudoFaux »

I've been in the hospital this past week, my vacation didn't go as planned =P

I'll try and catchup by monday. Sorry guys.

EDIT: I'm very sorry with school going on I can't find myself the focus I need. I'll leave my character sheet up incase I ever do find the time to join in. Good luck to you all.
BillTheSetite

Post by BillTheSetite »

I actually post more when school starts, but I was literally out of town from the day after I last posted until now. Sorry!
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Thats all right Bill its not like you missed a whole bunch glad to have you back in the RP though.
BillTheSetite

Post by BillTheSetite »

Apparently my friends have also found an abundance of free time; I am not able to post as much as I had thought. I will have to bow out on an indefinite hiatus for now. I gave Sunny a decent exit point for the time being. Sorry!
Forty Six & 2

Post by Forty Six & 2 »

Well, it's been over 3 days since JOFOXX has said anything, I know he gets on, but someone could continue with Guy talking to Destiny or something.
Off the Air.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

I'm going to PM him first if he gets on and doesn't post anything after that I'll have to do something.
Neko

Post by Neko »

I think he has just forgotten to post for here, he's involved in other RP's and he doesn't get a lot of computer time.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

That's what I assumed to its why I am giving him such a long time to post something.
JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

ACK! Sorry guys. I must have missed the end of The Game's post when I was skimming through the RP the other day. I posted now, and believe me this won't happen again.
FlintTheSquirrel

Post by FlintTheSquirrel »

I am new at this kind of thing but can I possibly join this neighborhood? It seems like the best one because it does not have an over flow of people and it is one of the only open ones with a forest near by. ^^;

-Appearance-
Height: 4' 8"
Wears a ragged pair of pants with a hole in the back for his tail.
Brown colored with Tan on his chest, around his mouth and eyes.
Looks like this.

-Personality-
Flint is a happy go lucky type of guy that likes to spend his time in the forest. He is generally shy around others and also is very easily frightened. He is very friendly if you get to know him but might become a bit clingy because he does not have very many friends. He is not very good with trends of any sorts because he lives alone in the woods. Has a very care-free attitude because he does not have any duties he needs to fulfill. When he makes any mistakes against others, he usually beats himself up for it. He is also a pacifist of sorts and tries to avoid violence at all costs.

-Other Notes-
Though having wings, he does not tend to use them all that often.
Lives on a tree half a mile into the forest, the only thing that the tree has are two hammocks so he lives in simplicity.
Does not have a owner.

-SPECIAL-

Strength-4 (Does not use his strength much other than for climbing trees.)

Perception-9 (Being a squirrel, he is forced to stay alert of his environment.)

Endurance-5 (Is very fragile but can keep his pace for quite some time.)

Charisma- 4 (Is not the best at wording, when saying something it usually sounds like he is saying something completely different. Also because he is shy.)

Intelligence- 8 (Because he lives so simply, he had a lot of time to study.)

Agility-10 (Being a squirrel, they have adapted to speed to escape predators.)

Luck- 2 (Is very clumsy and gets into a lot of bad situations.)

Neko

Post by Neko »

Flint, I have just a few problems with your character:

1) Cats are normally 4 feet tall....Your squirrel is not gonna be taller then a cat. Squirrels are rodents, I'd say he'd be 1 foot tall or 1 and a half feet tall.

2)Your saying he lives own his own, in the forest. He's most likely not going to have clothes as a wild animal.

3)Intelligence: Again, he's a wild animal. Where is he studying?

4)Age: 13 years old? Is that pet years or human years? If he's 13 years old in human years....well, they don't live that long. The conversion rate for rodents is 1 human year= 7 rodent years. if you want him to be 13 in pet years he'd have to be almost 2 years old.

Those are the only issues I found.
FlintTheSquirrel

Does is have to make sense. D;
I have my character derived off of a comic where he is a human that got the DNA of a squirrel in him. That generally explains them all. Except for that fact that I have him in the retrospect that he was always a squirrel. It is just that I don't want to change the creation of someone else. :(

You can tell me if it can work out or not, I am uncertain of the procedure in this.
Neko

Post by Neko »

The whole point of RPing is MAKING a character, not essentially copying off of one from a comic....I Dunno, just my opinion. You have to make it work for the HP Canon, you can't have a human-turned-squirrel and have him be really tall...
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Neko wrote:The whole point of RPing is MAKING a character, not essentially copying off of one from a comic....I Dunno, just my opinion. You have to make it work for the HP Canon, you can't have a human-turned-squirrel and have him be really tall...
I'm gonna agree with Neko here. The characters have to work for the HP canon.
FlintTheSquirrel

Now I feel very.......stupid. Well I guess I won't do it then, sorry for the trouble.
Neko

Post by Neko »

FlintTheSquirrel wrote:Now I feel very.......stupid. Well I guess I won't do it then, sorry for the trouble.
You can still do it, just make a character of your own and make sure it fits HP canon.