HPU:Applegate

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Re: HPU:Applegate

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Lilly...?" Ray gently shakes the ferret to the shoulder, but still trapped by the bear, she can't react.
"I... Guess she's still possessed..." he says helplessly.
"Or... Broken... So... What do we do now?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

valerio wrote:"Meri, you see me as I am now, but until a short ago I was the driving force of wrath and vengeance possessing Janus. I was a monster, cruel beyond description.
"I lost my beloved mate in front of my eyes, before being slaughtered mercilessly and since then I found no peace...that is, until Janus found someone who truly loved him and through him I realized I was nothing but an empty shade. And such destiny should not belong to anyone, I know."
Togo reached out and touched her muzzle, just a brush of talons against fur. "If you need a mortal body, find one then, but make it so that you can coexist until you are ready to let go. Possession like this one will only kill this host and leave you were you started. I know. That was my mistake as well."
"I never intended to hold this body long enough to do permanent harm," Meri explained. "but... I will release it... release her... if you can help me see my cubs again."
--------
Hlaoroo wrote:"Lilly...?" Ray gently shakes the ferret to the shoulder, but still trapped by the bear, she can't react.
"I... Guess she's still possessed..." he says helplessly.
"Or... Broken... So... What do we do now?"
"I'm... not sure," Tara said, looking at Lily closely to see if she could see any outward signs of distress. "I was expecting to be able to confront the one controlling her, but... it looks like they're not home."
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"... M-maybe Hubert could tell us more?" Ray suggests uncertainly, glancing around him.
"Um... Hubert?" he calls, feeling a little silly. "Can you hear me? Are you around somewhere?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

valerio wrote: Hubert nodded again, an unreadable expression on his long snout. "So you know nothing. Which is actually very good, my child."
"I'm sorry, i don't understand, why is it a good thing ?"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

"If he ain't here already, he probably has some other priority that he will likely deem 'beyond our coprehe– comprihe– co–'" She pauses a moment. "He'll assume we won't understand and will never give us the chance, because apparently that's how 'gods' work," she says, shaking her head as she sits down a few steps away from the ferret. "Ah think we'll figure out what we need to do when she comes back 'round."
Love me right now! Done.
SoujiTheFox wrote:(9:36:35 PM) Steve: THE CHRIST AM I NAMED STEVE FOR
Why do I still find this funny?
valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:"... M-maybe Hubert could tell us more?" Ray suggests uncertainly, glancing around him.
"Um... Hubert?" he calls, feeling a little silly. "Can you hear me? Are you around somewhere?"
The tiny dragon appeared on Ray's shoulder. "I am always around, my child. What is it you need of me?"
---
Serence Frostbite wrote:"I'm sorry, i don't understand, why is it a good thing ?"
"Because this way our common enemy will not discern anything in regard of our plans. If you had any knowledge, the enemy could drill it out of your mind and soul, and become more of an obstacle. Improvisation, sometimes, is a very reliable weapon."
---
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"I never intended to hold this body long enough to do permanent harm," Meri explained. "but... I will release it... release her... if you can help me see my cubs again."
Togo lowered his head, frowning as if deep in a troubling thought... Then, slowly, he lifted his head again. "I can not. I am alive again, far from the reaches of Heaven, but *Janus* can."
The wolfdog pet looked like someone just told him he could multiply breads and fishes. "ME?!? Togo...I am not a shaman or..."
"You can. You're a dreamwalker."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"REOOWRR!" Ray yelps, leaping a foot in the air in surprise as the dragon appears.
"Oh. Hubert. Hi. Heh. There you are." he pants as he waits for his hackles to relax again.
"Um, we were hoping you could tell us if Lilly is okay. She's just standing there and staring. Is she still possessed or is she broken?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:"REOOWRR!" Ray yelps, leaping a foot in the air in surprise as the dragon appears.
"Oh. Hubert. Hi. Heh. There you are." he pants as he waits for his hackles to relax again.
"Um, we were hoping you could tell us if Lilly is okay. She's just standing there and staring. Is she still possessed or is she broken?"
"You could say her situation is...at a standstill. The ghost bear is afraid of letting her go, but right now other friends are trying to help her out, on the astral plane. In the meantime, you can stay close to her and protect her, but let things run their course. The balance is quite...precarious."
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

valerio wrote:Togo lowered his head, frowning as if deep in a troubling thought... Then, slowly, he lifted his head again. "I can not. I am alive again, far from the reaches of Heaven, but *Janus* can."
The wolfdog pet looked like someone just told him he could multiply breads and fishes. "ME?!? Togo...I am not a shaman or..."
"You can. You're a dreamwalker."
"What is a dream walker?" Meri asked.
--------------
valerio wrote:"You could say her situation is...at a standstill. The ghost bear is afraid of letting her go, but right now other friends are trying to help her out, on the astral plane. In the meantime, you can stay close to her and protect her, but let things run their course. The balance is quite...precarious."
"Well at least a standstill is better than getting worse," Tara said optimistically.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

"Dreamwalkers are those who can walk in and out the astral plane. It is through the dreams that this usually happens...but also to those who experienced death and came back. Like you, Janus."
The wolfdog was shaking his head. "NononononoNO! No way! Nada! Nix! Nihil! I...I don't want to die *again* and what I saw *then*...I can't!" he turned to Meri. "There are *things* out here, hungry things. They...feed on those who trespasse their territories, they--"
"They wll not," Tojo interrupted him. "I will accompany you. We shall be one again, one last time. I will give you my strength, you will reach out with your pure heart to them. As we speak, those cubs' souls are wandering in an endless plane of confusion and torment, like you did when you hung between life and death. Knowing this, would you *allow* it?"
Janus sighed. He looked at his house. He thought about Buster, at that happiness he had just found again after all these years...
Then he looked at Meri. And his gentle, weird slit-pupil eyes hardened. "We will bring them to you. But after that, you shall go to heaven in peace."
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

"Ah'll be... Well, we only gotta keep her safe, right? Don't jar her awake or let her be jarred awake? Sounds like an easy enough task." The shiba inu sits down a few paces back, and begins watching the ferret.
Love me right now! Done.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Astro- what now?" Ray asks, taking up his own place near the ferret in order to keep an eye on her.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

valerio wrote: "Because this way our common enemy will not discern anything in regard of our plans. If you had any knowledge, the enemy could drill it out of your mind and soul, and become more of an obstacle. Improvisation, sometimes, is a very reliable weapon."
"But then what can I do to stop this ?" Serenade asked. while the dragon made sense to her, the fox still didn't like the idea of not having a preparation for what's to come.

Suddenly , Serenade's left arm glows with a crimson light through the bandage, showing an intricate symbols between her elbow and wrist, with roots-like patterns spreading outward, covering almost of her arm like an infestation.
"She's attacking someone" Serenade gasped in fright, moments before the door slammed open, causing the fox to jump.
"Serenade!"
"Duke?"
"Thank goodness you're ok" Duke sighed in relief, coming in the house and giving Serenade a hug "I heard gun shots , there might be hunters around, so i was worry."
"Hunters?!"
"Don't worry, they were far away, and i don't think they followed me"
"No Duke, you don't understan-" the vixen was about to explain when a loud, thundering boom shook the house, knocking both foxes off their feet. In fact, the shock wave could be felt all throughout the forest.
"No, that wasn't it" the blue fox muttered , quickly getting up and ran outside , leaving Duke behind, confused
"That wasn't it." she said, frightened as she looked up to the sky, now covered by multiple vortexes of storm clouds.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

valerio wrote:Then he looked at Meri. And his gentle, weird slit-pupil eyes hardened. "We will bring them to you. But after that, you shall go to heaven in peace."
"If you don't honor your end of the deal, You will be added to my revenge list," Meri told the wolf dog. "But If you do, I'll be forever grateful. I suppose the chance is worth the chance of having to wait years more to take my revenge. I'll give back control of this body."
She turned to Lilly. "I do regret the pain I've caused you. But If given another chance I wouldn't hesitate to do it again."

and with that, she released Lily's soul to control the body. however, she didn't yet leave the body.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

The shock wave and boom causes Ray to stumble and he dives and rolls to catch Lilly who's crumpled to the ground.
"Oof! Lilly! What happened? Are you you again?" he asks, feeling the ferret move.
"Ray? Is that you?"
"Yeah, it's me." answers the cat, allowing her to feel his face. "What's going on? Are you okay?"
"I don't... I don't know... She was talking to people. And then she let me have my body back. She's still in there though. Where did the people go? Where are we?"
"In the woods somewhere. That explosion wasn't anything to do with you?"
"No."
"Hubert? What's going on?" Ray demands of the dragon, helping Lilly up.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"If you don't honor your end of the deal, You will be added to my revenge list," Meri told the wolf dog. "But If you do, I'll be forever grateful. I suppose the chance is worth the chance of having to wait years more to take my revenge. I'll give back control of this body."
She turned to Lilly. "I do regret the pain I've caused you. But If given another chance I wouldn't hesitate to do it again."
and with that, she released Lily's soul to control the body. however, she didn't yet leave the body.
Tojo nodded. "We shall now honor our part of this pact. Come to me, Janus."
The wolfdog looked uncertain at the hand the wolf was extending to him. "Say, uhhh...don't you need my body to do the trick?"
"Not this time, my friend. This time, I will be here to protect you against the hungry ones. Haq and Buster protect your body. This is up to us."
"Just one thing..." Janus gulped. "Why me? I'm a dreamwalker, you say, but why...ME?"
"Because we have been each other for a long time. We have shared our souls like few could. Because through you I will be able to comply to Meri's request. I cannot find the cubs alone. Come to me."
Hesitantly, trying not to remember how...dreadful had been the nature of their bonding back in those not-so-far days, Janus reached out. Closed his eyes.
Touched Tojo.
Just a brief flash of light illuminated the dream realm, before a single figure was standing where once there were two.
"Very good!" said the Hunter reborn! He then looked at Meri. "Now bring me where your cubs fell."
---
Hlaoroo wrote:The shock wave and boom causes Ray to stumble and he dives and rolls to catch Lilly who's crumpled to the ground.
"Oof! Lilly! What happened? Are you you again?" he asks, feeling the ferret move.
"Ray? Is that you?"
"Yeah, it's me." answers the cat, allowing her to feel his face. "What's going on? Are you okay?"
"I don't... I don't know... She was talking to people. And then she let me have my body back. She's still in there though. Where did the people go? Where are we?"
"In the woods somewhere. That explosion wasn't anything to do with you?"
"No."
"Hubert? What's going on?" Ray demands of the dragon, helping Lilly up.
"What you would call 'the evil side' of Serenade' is engaged in tapping a source of power called The Blade. Such is the extension of that power, it is creating those ripples in the sky. Please, allow me." A flash of his eyes, and calmness surrounded Applegate once again. "A temporary ward, it will serve for a while. I am afraid this place has been turned into the focus of an ancient conflict, which soon will reach its peak...
"Oh, and as for you, Lily, the 'people' you are referring to are the spiritual manifestation of your neighbor, Janus Lagrange, and that of a red wolf living at Meriweather Island. As of now, they are on a mission to recover the lost ghosts of that bear, Meri, who had possessed you for the same purpose. You are indeed lucky to have such friends at your side."
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

valerio wrote:"What you would call 'the evil side' of Serenade' is engaged in tapping a source of power called The Blade. Such is the extension of that power, it is creating those ripples in the sky. Please, allow me." A flash of his eyes, and calmness surrounded Applegate once again. "A temporary ward, it will serve for a while. I am afraid this place has been turned into the focus of an ancient conflict, which soon will reach its peak...
"Oh, and as for you, Lily, the 'people' you are referring to are the spiritual manifestation of your neighbor, Janus Lagrange, and that of a red wolf living at Meriweather Island. As of now, they are on a mission to recover the lost ghosts of that bear, Meri, who had possessed you for the same purpose. You are indeed lucky to have such friends at your side."
"The evil spirit was a bear?" Tara asked. "that size difference would probably be funny if it wasn't so life threatening."
-----------
valerio wrote:"Very good!" said the Hunter reborn! He then looked at Meri. "Now bring me where your cubs fell."
That would be our den," Meri said grimly. "It's close to the center of the forest." and she began to lead the hunter there.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

Rena pushes herself to her feet. "Now, ah'm more interested in what he means by 'ripples in the sky.' Ah heard a gunshot a bit ago, but out near a farm? It's pretty normal."
Love me right now! Done.
valerio

Post by valerio »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"The evil spirit was a bear?" Tara asked. "that size difference would probably be funny if it wasn't so life threatening."
"'Evil' still cannot be applied to her condition. Should the quest for the rescue of the lost souls of her cubs succeed, she will find the peace she had been denied."
-----------
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:That would be our den," Meri said grimly. "It's close to the center of the forest." and she began to lead the hunter there.
"I know the place." and with that, he started to run...run *fast* toward the area she had described. "Just tell me, how long ago had happened? I was here for some time prowling these woods, and the scent I found of your den was old already..."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"I think he means the shockwave just now, Rena." Ray points out. "What's this conflict though,
Hubert? Are we in some kind of danger here?"

"What do you mean by their spiritual manifestations? Were they ghosts too? And what was that place? It smelled and felt different to here. How did I get here?" The ferret is clearly still confused.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

When Duke caught up with Serenade outside, the vortexes already vanished, seemingly returned the sky to normal.

"Serenade, calm down, tell me what happened." Duke said, trying to calm his frightened friend, until he noticed
"you arm...."
Things weren't normal....
"We don't have much time" Serenade said, ran back into the house, then back out with the lantern.
"Duke, listen, you need to carry this back to the town right now"
"Me? What about you? I'm not gonna leave you especially with an injury like that"
"No you don't understand, I'm OK."
"No! You're not OK. You're in constant pain, pass out every few hours, and in constant fear. You are either being hunted by someone dangerous, having some kind of sickness, or both, and even more, and you might think that a normal fox like me is best left out of whatever it is for my own protection, but you know what? I can confidently say that I've seen quite a few things other normal foxes would probably never see during the short time since i wandered in this town. Everyone we met in there is also normal pets, except for Hubert, Miles and Tara, but together, we bunch of ordinary creatures managed to deal with something even now I don't know how to explain, but we dealt with that, we helped out a friend and everyone came out safe and sound." Duke said, then took a deep breathe to calm himself , and continued, staring in Serenade's surprised, green eyes.
"There are strength in number, I can help you, we can help you, but you have to let us know what we're dealing with, ok?"
In return, Serenade nodded a few times , looking away then back at him
"Ok.....Ok for now, we need to get to the town, I don't know exactly what's happening, but i know this lantern can protect us, we need to make sure that if something happen, our friends are safe."
"And-"
"I'm coming with you"
"Alright, let's go, this way" Duke said, leading the way, with Serenade followed right after.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:"I think he means the shockwave just now, Rena." Ray points out. "What's this conflict though,
Hubert? Are we in some kind of danger here?"
"Not for now. Those sounds are the clues of a conflict in resolution, it is not time for others to interfere."
---
Hlaoroo wrote:"What do you mean by their spiritual manifestations? Were they ghosts too? And what was that place? It smelled and felt different to here. How did I get here?" The ferret is clearly still confused.
This place is called in many names, most commonly 'dreamplane'. Your soul was temporarily severed from your body from the bear ghost. That is how she got control of your mortal shell. As for the cubs, they are not exactly ghosts: their death, like their own mother's came too quick for them to adjust, and so they were left stranded in this plane. As ghosts, they could have come to the mortal plane, but as spiritual entities they are stranded here: That is why Meri wanted you to carry out her vengeance, because she would be otherwise stuck here.
"I would gladly send you back to your shell right now, but a pact was made: The cubs must be saved from the nether regions of this plane as price for your freedom. All I can tell you is, trust the Hunter."

---
The bear's den looked like someone had dug a pit under a tree and painted with an eruption of chaotic colors. A normal eye would've been blinded by that sight.
"Meri," the Hunter said, "this is not the moment for hesitation. If you want them back with you, you must face once again the horror that brought them away. The things down there will do their worst to distract you, to force you to focus on anything but your beloved cubs. You must trust me and only me, or all is lost. And the three of you shall become forever monsters. So far, your bond with them helped them survive this place, but only for so long. Do you understand?"
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

valerio wrote:"I know the place." and with that, he started to run...run *fast* toward the area she had described. "Just tell me, how long ago had happened? I was here for some time prowling these woods, and the scent I found of your den was old already..."
"I'm not sure how many years I spent pointlessly seething at the farmer that ended my life," Meri replied. "But I know it was the same farmer, so it was shorter than a human's lifespan."
valerio wrote:The bear's den looked like someone had dug a pit under a tree and painted with an eruption of chaotic colors. A normal eye would've been blinded by that sight.
"Meri," the Hunter said, "this is not the moment for hesitation. If you want them back with you, you must face once again the horror that brought them away. The things down there will do their worst to distract you, to force you to focus on anything but your beloved cubs. You must trust me and only me, or all is lost. And the three of you shall become forever monsters. So far, your bond with them helped them survive this place, but only for so long. Do you understand?"
"I have spent years focused on a single goal, one which I only adopted after losing hope of seeing them again," the bear explained. "with the promise of reuniting, I won't lose that hope again so easily." She began to enter the den which she had left so long ago.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
valerio wrote:"I know the place." and with that, he started to run...run *fast* toward the area she had described. "Just tell me, how long ago had happened? I was here for some time prowling these woods, and the scent I found of your den was old already..."
"I'm not sure how many years I spent pointlessly seething at the farmer that ended my life," Meri replied. "But I know it was the same farmer, so it was shorter than a human's lifespan."
valerio wrote:The bear's den looked like someone had dug a pit under a tree and painted with an eruption of chaotic colors. A normal eye would've been blinded by that sight.
"I have spent years focused on a single goal, one which I only adopted after losing hope of seeing them again," the bear explained. "with the promise of reuniting, I won't lose that hope again so easily." She began to enter the den which she had left so long ago.
The Hunter went after her...
And both found themselves in...how could it be described?
...And even yet, in such primordial chaos, the screams of innocent souls could be heard!
"Don't!" the Hunter said to Meri. "Distraction. They want us to become part of this. It's a trick, remember?"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Well... I trust you, Hubert, so if you trust the Hunter then I guess I do too." Lilly says. "But who is the Hunter?
I don't remember a Hunter being in that dream plane place..."

"What do you mean by spiritual entity? And aren't ghosts by definition stuck here anyway? How is that any better?" Ray wants to know.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Well... I trust you, Hubert, so if you trust the Hunter then I guess I do too." Lilly says. "But who is the Hunter?
I don't remember a Hunter being in that dream plane place..."

"What do you mean by spiritual entity? And aren't ghosts by definition stuck here anyway? How is that any better?" Ray wants to know.
"The Hunter is a fusion of Janus' soul with the ghost of a Togo, a red wolf warrior from a faraway island, Meriweather Island. Back when Janus was a pup laying in a prolonged coma after being seriously injuried, I allowed him to merge with Togo, who had suffered a dreadful betrayal and existed to seek revenge. Togo's presence was strong enough to allow Janus to quench his fears and live through the pain of his body, for years...But when the coma was over, Janus had grown into a split creature: by day, he was a kind, gentle creature. At sunset, his mind would recall the moment he nearly came to die and he let Togo take control. And Togo used Janus body for his killing sprees.
"With time, though, and also thanks to a lucky chain of events, Janus and Togo were separated and Janus started a new life of peace...so, it took him a lot of courage to merge back with Togo. Remind that when the time comes.
"As for ghosts...well, they are more sort of...prints, shades of what a living used to be. A spiritual entity is more complex than that: For example, technically I am such after evolving beyond my mortal existence."
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

valerio wrote:The Hunter went after her...
And both found themselves in...how could it be described?
...And even yet, in such primordial chaos, the screams of innocent souls could be heard!
"Don't!" the Hunter said to Meri. "Distraction. They want us to become part of this. It's a trick, remember?"
"my focus will be broken only by the sight of my cubs," Meri replied, steadfast in her resolve. even this horror would not deter her. "If they are here I'll find them, if not we keep moving."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"my focus will be broken only by the sight of my cubs," Meri replied, steadfast in her resolve. even this horror would not deter her. "If they are here I'll find them, if not we keep moving."
The Hunter grinned. "This is what I need to hear. Yes, we will move now...but not before asking one last question: if truly you are motivated by love in this quest of ours, are you ready to sacrifice something, to prove to them and to yourself that nothing will deter you from reuniting with your sons? Do not elaborate, just yes or no, as long as it comes from your heart."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Huh. So... You're saying that ghosts are like what paranormal investigators call 'residual haunts', right? And that 'intelligent haunts' like,
say, Tara, for instance, are spiritual entities and not ghosts, right? Or have I got the wrong end of the stick? And what then are orbs?"
Ray asks.
"What? So I like the Discovery Channel and Syfy." he grins at Tara. "Never knew ghosts or all this stuff were real until today though. I wanna learn!"

~~~~~~~~
"Would Janus not have survived without Togo then?" Lilly wants to know. "And could you not have save him some other way that wouldn't have lead to his body being... Abused like that?" the ferret queries, thinking of her own torment at the paws of Meri.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

valerio wrote:The Hunter grinned. "This is what I need to hear. Yes, we will move now...but not before asking one last question: if truly you are motivated by love in this quest of ours, are you ready to sacrifice something, to prove to them and to yourself that nothing will deter you from reuniting with your sons? Do not elaborate, just yes or no, as long as it comes from your heart."
I was prepared to sacrifice my life to protect them, I'm willing to sacrifice my very afterlife to reunite with them," Meri proclaimed.
-----------
Hlaoroo wrote:"Huh. So... You're saying that ghosts are like what paranormal investigators call 'residual haunts', right? And that 'intelligent haunts' like,
say, Tara, for instance, are spiritual entities and not ghosts, right? Or have I got the wrong end of the stick? And what then are orbs?"
Ray asks.
"What? So I like the Discovery Channel and Syfy." he grins at Tara. "Never knew ghosts or all this stuff were real until today though. I wanna learn!"
"I don't blame you, I wasn't aware we existed until I was one."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Huh. So... You're saying that ghosts are like what paranormal investigators call 'residual haunts', right? And that 'intelligent haunts' like,
Ray asks.
"Basically, you are right. Despite a certain...amount of improvisation in TV shows, some of those mortals either have been blessed with the ability to touch the otherside, or have studied enough.
"As for the 'orbs', sometimes a spiritual entity just likes to be playful, or they can be less...benign, luring their hapless victims with their tricks of lights. Unfortunately, a common mortal just cannot determine the difference, so it is a thing to be wary of."

~~~~~~~~
Hlaoroo wrote:"Would Janus not have survived without Togo then?" Lilly wants to know. "And could you not have save him some other way that wouldn't have lead to his body being... Abused like that?" the ferret queries, thinking of her own torment at the paws of Meri.
Hubert nodded. "You are correct: Janus would have certainly died without merging with the Hunter. And as for his personal fate, you will find it hard to believe, but I am not at liberty to directly influence Fate, the only force beyond all gods' reach. I could only tap into the otherside and let an entity respond to the puppy's torment. Fate decreed it was the Hunter.
"I may sound indifferent, or even cruel, but rest assured I am not such: And it is also the reason gods are not allowed to play with the mortals. The chaos that would ensue would, simply, disrupt the plane in many unpleasant way if everyone could have his or her own wish fulfilled."

---
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:I was prepared to sacrifice my life to protect them, I'm willing to sacrifice my very afterlife to reunite with them," Meri proclaimed.
At those words, the chaos and the horror around them dissolved. The stench dissolved. Everything was gone but them, floating in the midst of some astral plane, where everything seemed to converge towards a point of boiling light, in a maelstrom of pure entropy
"At last, you speak the truth," the Hunter said. He pointed at what looked like a sea of stars being slowly engulfed by the maelstrom, but slowly, as if time itself ran at different speeds. "That is the final destination of the lost souls, and those tiny lights are those the lives lost in their eternal quests toward the nothingness. Your cubs are there, seeking for you, wandering in the search of a mother who abandoned them to pursue an empty vengeance. A fate that would've been mine and Janus', had it not been for Fate.
"Now that you are ready to die again, just DO SO!"
his taloned limb flashed toward the bear, ready to tear her apart--before being stopped just an inch from her body.
Stopped by a couple of bears. Adult bears. One holding him by his legs, the other by arm and neck!
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Suddenly, there was a loud boom over the "sky" above the Hunter and Meri, as two gigantic , cloud-like entities seemingly tore the sky open as the fought against each other, one was blood red with the only identifiable parts being its two giant wings and two blade-like limbs, the other was as dark as the abyss as if the light around it simply vanished , with is canine-like head and talon limbs of dark mist clearly shown.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
meanwhile, Serenade and Duke emerged from the woods, trying to get the group's attention while running as fast as they could toward them
valerio

Post by valerio »

Serence Frostbite wrote:Suddenly, there was a loud boom over the "sky" above the Hunter and Meri, as two gigantic , cloud-like entities seemingly tore the sky open as the fought against each other, one was blood red with the only identifiable parts being its two giant wings and two blade-like limbs, the other was as dark as the abyss as if the light around it simply vanished , with is canine-like head and talon limbs of dark mist clearly shown.
"Now, this is something I hadn't expected," the Hunter said. "What's the meaning of this?"
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

"Might need to have school another time," the Shiba Inu says as she starts walking towards the approaching foxes. "Duke, uh... vixen ah can't remember the name of, what's the rush about?"
Love me right now! Done.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

valerio wrote:"At last, you speak the truth," the Hunter said. He pointed at what looked like a sea of stars being slowly engulfed by the maelstrom, but slowly, as if time itself ran at different speeds. "That is the final destination of the lost souls, and those tiny lights are those the lives lost in their eternal quests toward the nothingness. Your cubs are there, seeking for you, wandering in the search of a mother who abandoned them to pursue an empty vengeance. A fate that would've been mine and Janus', had it not been for Fate.
"Now that you are ready to die again, just DO SO!"
his taloned limb flashed toward the bear, ready to tear her apart--before being stopped just an inch from her body.
Stopped by a couple of bears. Adult bears. One holding him by his legs, the other by arm and neck!
the bear was mildly annoyed at the implication she'd abandoned them: she had tried to move on for what felt like ages before resorting to her revenge, the afterlife just wouldn't accept her.
when the attack came, she showed no fear. she was ready.
but she wasn't ready for the appearance of the new spirits.
Serence Frostbite wrote:Suddenly, there was a loud boom over the "sky" above the Hunter and Meri, as two gigantic , cloud-like entities seemingly tore the sky open as the fought against each other, one was blood red with the only identifiable parts being its two giant wings and two blade-like limbs, the other was as dark as the abyss as if the light around it simply vanished , with is canine-like head and talon limbs of dark mist clearly shown.
valerio wrote:"Now, this is something I hadn't expected," the Hunter said. "What's the meaning of this?"
"Who are you, and why are you keeping me from my cubs?" Meri asked angrily.
-------
Leafolawl wrote:"Might need to have school another time," the Shiba Inu says as she starts walking towards the approaching foxes. "Duke, uh... vixen ah can't remember the name of, what's the rush about?"

"Is there a fire or something chasing you?" Tara asked
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

The two creature crashed down near Meri, and even before the shock wave from the impact even settled, a voice came from the crimson creature as its eyes turned toward the bear.
"YoU....." it called out, sounding vaguely similar to the white fox approached Meri earlier, among what sounded like hundreds more voices all talking at the same time. However before it could go any further, an thunderous attack from the dark one caused it to concentrate back to the fight
"Head in the game !" the dark one taunted.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
By the time they were close enough to talk, Serenade had already changed, there were dark veins showing up all over her body and face, which can be seen despite of her fur, her green irises were bright crimson, and if one were to look carefully, her canine seemed to have grown longer and sharper as well. Duke clearly had noticed something.
"Serenade, what are w-"
"EVERYONE'S IN DANGER!" the vixen shouted between her frantic breaths
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

"Calm yourself, alright? Deep breath in." The dog slowly inhales to demonstrate. "Then—slowly—let it out. The worst thing we can do is make the danger worse by panickin'. Now, do it with me. In..." Rena takes another deep breath in. "And then out," she says, slowly letting the air filter out of her lungs.
Love me right now! Done.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

The sudden arrival of the vulpine pair distracts Lilly from her next question for Hubert.
"W-what's going on? What's the danger? W-where is it?" she demands, nose and ears twitching.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"I......ok......look, I know this is hard to believe" Serenade said , trying to calm herself down as Rena was trying to help, but knowing they didn't have much time. The fox showed the group her lantern "There's a being who is trying to erase all humans from the world, and we need to get this to the highest point of the town if we are to have any hope of saving the town people, because I think that is happening now"
valerio

Post by valerio »

Serence Frostbite wrote:The two creature crashed down near Meri, and even before the shock wave from the impact even settled, a voice came from the crimson creature as its eyes turned toward the bear.
"YoU....." it called out, sounding vaguely similar to the white fox approached Meri earlier, among what sounded like hundreds more voices all talking at the same time. However before it could go any further, an thunderous attack from the dark one caused it to concentrate back to the fight
"Head in the game !" the dark one taunted.
That was the moment. "Out of here, NOW!" the Hunter called out -this situation had truly degenerated way too much for him not to ask a favor to his protector.
And as soon as he had talked, he, Meri and her cubs disappeared from the chaos the fight had brought--
---
--and reappeared inside Lagrange's house, where Buster was still asleep.
"This is not going to be over soon," the wolfdog said to the bear ghost. "Listen, we need more help, or your torments won't be over: I am going to leave this body and go seek support. Whatever happens, please promise me to help these pets." and without waiting for an answer, his expression went...stupefied, before he collapsed on his knees.
"Ouch. Do I hate it when he does this," Janus Lagrange said, now back in full control. He blinked at Meri. "Oh, hi..."