2017/12/13 - I Need Somebody

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
D-Rock

2017/12/13 - I Need Somebody

Post by D-Rock »

[2017/12/13 - I Need Somebody]
Title Text: two weasels arguing with each other: much more interesting than whatever's happening in the background

Breel's got the magic touch, it seems.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Gbr23

Re: 2017/12/13 - I Need Somebody

Post by Gbr23 »

Wait wait wait wait, so Breel will eventually let them in the pool?
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
Bandit1990

Post by Bandit1990 »

It also shows that the celestials are not there to stop anyone from getting the mana, just making sure it is used safely.

Check out Lightning Dogs on the Nerdyshow Podcast Network

It's an in-development animated series following a team of Anthro-Dogs trapped in the Wastelands of a ruined Earth.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Dawww Keen is so cute when he blushes. Also, I'm still running with my some kind of soft reboot/major retcon of the HP universe theory being the outcome of this whole massive ordeal.
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

I love Keene blush in panel four.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

I never knew Joey carried a torch for Grape
or, even, that he’s in such great shape.
Even now I wonder how she’ll escape this scrape
but now we know why no-one’s looking at Breel.
Keene’s kamikazi bellyflop failed to splash down,
in this room of wrestlers only Squeak has the crown;
Tarot’s just a prissy princess, no matter her frown
The mystery of the celestials is still a trick to reveal.
The chaos of equality vs the servitude of man.
We make the rules, they get all the freedom they can;
Will they thank Keene if a job has to be part of the plan?
Change can be bad. A truth that’s hard to conceal...
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

I'm betting Grape swiped some of Joey's drawings and he's just giving her payback :3

And yes - two weasels arguing is alot more interesting ~ unless Grape is going home with a burnt butt and tail. =P
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
leinglo

Post by leinglo »

O-kay, the regular-style art may've just suggested it, but that blush practically screams that Keene and Breel have a "thing."

If all else fails, I wonder if Keene will end up using his wish to bring Breel back to life, just so he can have a proper peer and companion...
Breel himself might have issues with that, though, being a resident of Paradise after all.
Tappy Too

Post by Tappy Too »

Wait... Why is Joey still attacking? I thought their team was disqualified-

Also, Breel sure doesn't have to do much to fluster up Keene. How adorable~
Bandit1990

Post by Bandit1990 »

The team wasn't kicked out, just Dallas. Nominally as punishment for tagging the temple at the beginning.

Check out Lightning Dogs on the Nerdyshow Podcast Network

It's an in-development animated series following a team of Anthro-Dogs trapped in the Wastelands of a ruined Earth.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Dallas was disqualified. Maybe they had their own individual contracts?

Or Karishad felt like it.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

It seems either they have to form a line and let everyone make a wish, or they have to make sure their team is the only conscious one able to make wishes :lol:

Or someone could pull a fast one and use up the Mana while no one's looking or listening.
ImageImageImageImage
Keldor

Post by Keldor »

I'm picturing a stunned Dallas getting to the top floor and being about to step out of the elevator, then saying "wait!", and hitting the button to go back to the bottom floor and get the reward and stuff and smack that fox's tail into next week.
John-056

Post by John-056 »

Grape, you've got shurikin and hidden blades. Use them.

It's sad when you realize that Grape should have been a Berserker or Spellsword, and not a Ninja, since she's just so bad at being one.

I mean, Peanut had to Tell her to use her Smokebombs, something that's so well known about Ninja, and likely had to do the same with the Room and her invisibility... That is, if Max wasn't the one using the Invisibility skill.

It's funny. I remember that when Rick thought up the idea of a Housepets! Video game, one of the concepts involved Grape's 'Broom Beatdown' as a move set. The way it was shown, told me Grape's not the sneaky type, rather, she's the Brawler/Warrior/Berserker type.

I mean, she's having trouble with Joey, and not using her invisibility power to evade him and strike while he's Looking for her... Or sneak off and swap opponents with Res.

Still, since I haven't seen Peanut or Maxwell, it may mean that they're Fighting, or evading. With Peanut, it's rather understandable for him to evade... But I'm honestly wondering if a 'Puzzle Master' has any skill in combat besides the mental?
D-Rock wrote:Dallas was disqualified. Maybe they had their own individual contracts?

Actually, I think he did it for Tarot. He seems to try and make Tarot happy in anyway he can.

And I'm rather certain they have separate contracts. 'Four Finger Discount' set them into teams for the sake of Ease, so they'd all have their seperate contracts, since we see them signing it at the begining.

Still, since Keene didn't get what he wanted, it's likely that he wouldn't actually reward Team Sandwich, since he couldn't change the world to his twisted idea of Equality.
On the next... Wire in the Blood...
HSDVGDGFWGFWHGVMBHGWY*Ded*
leinglo

Post by leinglo »

John-056 wrote:
D-Rock wrote:Dallas was disqualified. Maybe they had their own individual contracts?

Actually, I think he did it for Tarot. He seems to try and make Tarot happy in anyway he can.
Personally, I’m still sticking to my Karishad: Agent of Kitsune theory.
TeflonCougar

Post by TeflonCougar »

Keldor wrote:I'm picturing a stunned Dallas getting to the top floor and being about to step out of the elevator, then saying "wait!", and hitting the button to go back to the bottom floor and get the reward and stuff and smack that fox's tail into next week.
Starfleet personnel do have a history of returning to a place they've been exiled from if it advances the story. Barclay in particular does things his own way contrary to orders. (Holodeck tin\me in TNG and seeking Voyager in the series of that name)
Argent

Post by Argent »

QUICK, DISTRACT HIM WITH A SLINKY.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
MrBlueSky7

Post by MrBlueSky7 »

On an unrelated, but hopefully related note, how long have the crew been in that Temple by now? They've already missed two Holidays, I really don't want them to miss out on their favorite one...
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

All I can think of is this is cute. :)
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
JageshemashFTW

Post by JageshemashFTW »

So a bit of a downer note but, do you guys think Peanut and Tarot are gonna break up after this?

Obviously I don't want them to, but Tarot has been portrayed at pretty much her worst during this arc and I can't remember the last time Peanut and Tarot have been romantic with each other.

I'm not saying couples shouldn't or can't argue or fight each other. Heck, to some degree they should argue if it helps stengthens the relationship.

But Peanut was throwing some serious allegations earlier, ones I'm not sure he'll be so quick to forgive. And it doesn't look like Tarot's all that concerned with hurting Peanut's feelings, which is never a good sign in a relationship.

Again, I don't want them to break up. Ideally, I would want them to sit down when all of this is over, talk these issues out as a couple, and come to a better understanding of each other.

But with everything happening in this arc, I can't help but see a break-up becoming more and more of a possibility.
Welcome to HexCom: viewtopic.php?t=5602
Argent

Post by Argent »

The Peanut-Tarot thing was imposed on them by Dragon, and Tarot really fits better with Karishad anyway.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Xane wrote:Hmm, so Breel was stretching the truth when he said he couldn't interfere...
not really, this technically is a valid interpretation of "here to help" and "not interfering with one's destiny", from a certain point of view. he's not preventing Keene from working towards his goals, just preventing him from fumbling the attempt.
JageshemashFTW wrote:So a bit of a downer note but, do you guys think Peanut and Tarot are gonna break up after this?
I've been wanting those two apart ever since galafrax. forced decisions, only revealing there's a problem after the point of no return, and a hair trigger temper, do not make a healthy relationship.

she could have just had a normal conversation about the issue and given peanut a chance to think about his choice, she could have filled peanut in on the difference between her and dragon from the start and prevented the whole thing, or at least remembered that many view normality as a good thing and that comment probably wasn't an insult. and everything since has felt like more of the same.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Argent

Post by Argent »

To be fair, Tarot *could* have had a normal discussion with Peanut about Dragon and he completely forgot it because he's Peanut.

Oh, yeh, she did...

CanzetYote

Post by CanzetYote »

Too bad Joey didn't have that firepower when Bino stole King's watch.
Keldor

Post by Keldor »

MrBlueSky7 wrote:On an unrelated, but hopefully related note, how long have the crew been in that Temple by now? They've already missed two Holidays, I really don't want them to miss out on their favorite one...
I was just on the main comic page and Rick announced that he's doing a guest week next week. That leaves just Friday's comic to go before that one holiday. Given the timing of everything, I think we have a big climax waiting for us.
Mctwisp

Post by Mctwisp »

Keene is blushing; here comes the shipping.
"It's not a good thing to be remembered, and the worst is I remember." - McTwisp
Argent

Post by Argent »

Keldor wrote:I was just on the main comic page and Rick announced that he's doing a guest week next week. That leaves just Friday's comic to go before that one holiday. Given the timing of everything, I think we have a big climax waiting for us.
Or a cliffhanger.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Heh, I never even noticed the fight going on in the background until I saw the alt text. Guess it did its job!
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

It can seem that Breel thinks the same way as Tarot about the mana pool danger, but, he's doing that only to protect Keene. :D It's for safety. ;) Hey, Joey, careful with that fire! :P Where's Maxwell, anyway? He can't leave his beloved Grape in danger. :| Breel gets always good chances to touch Keene. :lol: Eheh, Keene is so cute when he blushes. :D
Naro Rivers

Post by Naro Rivers »

Buster wrote:
Xane wrote:Hmm, so Breel was stretching the truth when he said he couldn't interfere...
not really, this technically is a valid interpretation of "here to help" and "not interfering with one's destiny", from a certain point of view. he's not preventing Keene from working towards his goals, just preventing him from fumbling the attempt.
It's difficult to wear gloves with webbed fingers...

When talking about a character, I often speak in D&D terms.

I'm participating in a forum game! You can find it here:
Argent

Post by Argent »

Obi Wan was a lying liar who lies like a lying liar.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

I'm guessing that Breel and the other Celestials are in cahoots, and Kitsune will yet up-end the whole game. Breel's cross-cosmic flirt is seriously cute but Keene's cutely serious about grabbing the mana.

...hoping Max does something so...he's missing another hero opportunity - and it is just Joey, for Pete's sake!
Not A Furry

Post by Not A Furry »

Argent wrote:The Peanut-Tarot thing was imposed on them by Dragon, and Tarot really fits better with Karishad anyway.
Unless she turns into a kangaroo or a furret and starts drawing furry webcomics I don't think Rick will be very pleased with that
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Yeah, THAT would be a showstopper!! Well ... maybe if she was a guest artist ... or helped Peanut with Spot strip.