Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Welsh Halfwit

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Jaken hopped back through the portal to June and released it. "Sorry 'bout that," he told the FoxShark, "I needed to get that out of my system. Miss Rika? They kinda need you to help Mr Ulrich. So what's you do for fun, June?"
-----------------------------------------------------------
Jenny relaxed as Kolt laughed. "He needed to laugh sooner rather than later," she told Tat and Kol.
----------------------------------------------------------
Death Vixen sighed as she scrolled through the TV listings. "1,248 channels and nothing worth watching on. Should have asked them to pick up my vid collection from the liner."
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Deske

Post by Deske »

Ulrich grinned and stood up, "Where are the rest of them," he asked as he picked up the assassin to cradle him in his arms.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Kol laughs at something and goes to pat jenny on the back, only to stumble and fall onto her instead.

- - - - - -

June seemed about to answer, paused, then mutered "I don't know yet."

- - - - - -

Letting go of the captive as ulrich and hivemind took him, Kobor turned to Kolt, tilting slightly. almost like a confused headtilt,
except being done by a creature with no real distinction between head and body, "Can we discuss custody of June when there ISN'T a reporter right behind you with her phone out, probably recording this?"
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Uh-oh," Jen managed before a lot of encounter suit and friend landed atop her, crushing the chair legs underneath her and folding both chair and Rat into the ground. She felt an ankle dislocate as the evening came to a rather sudden crush that reverberated into silence before she tried speaking again, her voice tense and with pain. "Little help here?"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A few seconds before, Jaken tolf June they'd have to try games later. "Well, I know you're good at stalking," he offered before the crash. He looked over and started to head over.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

Ulrich looked between the assailant he was holding and Kol. He sighed and slung the assassin over his shoulder. He reached down and gripped Kol's suit where he could, hauling her back up to a remotely standing position. He slung her arm over his shoulder and bore most of her weight. "Uh, yes, a little help please..."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"OW," Jenny repeated as she tested moving her ankle. "Not going anywhere fast on that," she seethed. "Hope we've distracted the press from Kolt and K-Kobor..."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Uh-oh," Jen managed before a lot of encounter suit and friend landed atop her, crushing the chair legs underneath her and folding both chair and Rat into the ground. She felt an ankle dislocate as the evening came to a rather sudden crush that reverberated into silence before she tried speaking again, her voice tense and with pain. "Little help here?"
Deske wrote:Ulrich looked between the assailant he was holding and Kol. He sighed and slung the assassin over his shoulder. He reached down and gripped Kol's suit where he could, hauling her back up to a remotely standing position. He slung her arm over his shoulder and bore most of her weight. "Uh, yes, a little help please..."
The gilded droid muttered some choice words to the universe. "I suppose it isn't a party unless it requires the services of a combat medic. Rika, tend to Ulrich and Jenny's wounds. I'll take the assassin. As for Kol..."

"I will take her."

Hivemind turned around and saw someone standing there. He had a sort of ancient nobility to his appearance, like a king of precursors. He wore long, brilliant robes and a flowing cloak. His face was covered by a brilliant mask. "I have a place prepared for each of you to stay in for the night, if you so choose."
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Kolt turned around to find that, indeed, there was a reporter right behind them, holding out her phone to record what was happening. ”Huh. Give me a sec to take care of that.” He said before erecting another forcefield dome, this one only covering the two of them. While it might be a tiny bit cramped, it should prevent the reporter from hearing what they were talking about. ”There we go. She shouldn’t be able to hear us now, though it might still be best to keep our voices down, just to be sure.”
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana couldn't help but feel a bit exasperated by the turn of events, what with Kol seeming to drunkenly hurt Jenny, "Never a dull moment..." She trailed off, only slightly due to the appearance of the overly flashy individual as she went and helped Ulrich bear the weight of Kol. She leaned towards Ulrich, both to get a better grip on Kol and to ask a question, "Know who that dude is?" She nodded her head towards the masked man.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Ulrich shook his head in response, "I have no idea. I did not pay much attentions to politics. But I feel like he would have shown up at some point if he was as important as he looks." He shifted his weight off his leg, causing a little more blood to leak from the wound earning a sharp inhale, "He looks important. But the mask puts me off a little."
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"Oh, we know him." Hivemind replied.

The masked man turned to Tatiana. "Indeed. I have met each one of you before, with the exception of her." he pointed a finger at June. His hands were covered by a kind of glove matching the full-face mask. "I am honestly surprised you don't recognize me. After all..." the man reached up to the mask. Grabbing it by the chin, he lifted it up until a mutilated half-robot face could be seen grinning at them. "I've got such a pretty face, y'all should remember it!" Luke, aka Gear, gave a wink before pulling the mask back over his face.
-Champion Motto

Deske

Post by Deske »

Ulrich grinned, "Well, that solves that mystery.
It is good to see you again."
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

one of the channels vixen would flip past would show a news feed with the two vulpinoid gunmen in custody, the corner of the screen showing their faces, as well as the faces of the three from earlier, cropped from the news footage of the waterpark attack. the word "LIVE" hovering just above the ticker running along the bottom which is giving the name of the building and a dramatized headline.
"-are no doubt investigating possible connections between this group and the one earlier today, but have yet to release any information. in other news-"

another Chanel has shaky cellphone footage from the inside of the building, accompanied by a similar story, though whoever's holding the camera is paying most of their attention to a biohazard droid holding a bottle, and a large man carrying a smaller unconscious one, and trying to lift a very large armored... something.

- - - - - - - - -

Kol is kinda unresponsive, alcohol's ability to make it much easier to knock someone out apparently being at play.

- - - - - - - - -

Following behind Jaken, June spots Jenny needing to be helped up and limping and asks "Are you okay?" though there's a small part of her that also wants to ask why noticing someone limp is making her hungry, ((hooray for predator instincts!)) but Dad and Father are busy...

- - - - - - - - -

"Well, in that case, If you want her staying with you, first thing you'll need to do is install a pool. She really likes the water, and most of her memories and instincts would likely be inherited from the shark-half of her body."
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

”Knowing Hivemind, that’ll probably be part of my room by the time I get back. Anything else I should know about her needs? Also....” Kolt paused for a moment, looking around slightly before reenforcing the forcefield a bit. ”Is this safe enough for you to tell me what exactly is so dangerous about June’s power? The only clues I have are that she seemed to be really good at sneaking away from me, and I don’t see how that has extreme potential for misuse.”
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"It's nothing... aow... too serious, June" Jenny lied, hopping with help and the pain coming out in her tone. "Has any...one seen Rika?"
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
She flicked back to the live feeds and tutted. "Oh, these people are amateurs," she remarked, gesturing towards the screen before flicking back to the one with the close up of the contagion. "They actually think that attacking when he's covered with security and superheroes is a smart thing? They managed to get one inside but he goes for the wro... Ah. Of course.
That could be it. If you're listening, HiveMind, get everyone you're looking to keep safe to a secure location NOW. Let no-one near. No paramedics, no Police, no nothing. That entire team is either a diversion or truly incompetent. No reason to rule out the latter but the former is also a possibility. I've heard of it being done before to draw out security. And you've got police on the edge taken up by the arrest and hunting for other members I'd say he's in there somewhere...
" She sat back on her sofa, watching the image of HiveMind to see if it reacted. She might need to go find a robot. Or a commline.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jaken let Jenny lean on his shoulder to help.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Buster wrote:Kol is kinda unresponsive, alcohol's ability to make it much easier to knock someone out apparently being at play.
Shiny Gear walked over and took Kol from Ulrich so he could rest his leg. Despite Gear being strong for his size, Kol was very large and he struggled to support her weight, so he guided her to a seat.

-----------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:She flicked back to the live feeds and tutted. "Oh, these people are amateurs," she remarked, gesturing towards the screen before flicking back to the one with the close up of the contagion. "They actually think that attacking when he's covered with security and superheroes is a smart thing? They managed to get one inside but he goes for the wro... Ah. Of course.
That could be it. If you're listening, HiveMind, get everyone you're looking to keep safe to a secure location NOW. Let no-one near. No paramedics, no Police, no nothing. That entire team is either a diversion or truly incompetent. No reason to rule out the latter but the former is also a possibility. I've heard of it being done before to draw out security. And you've got police on the edge taken up by the arrest and hunting for other members I'd say he's in there somewhere...
" She sat back on her sofa, watching the image of HiveMind to see if it reacted. She might need to go find a robot. Or a commline.
Hivemind's gilded droid nodded in response. He wasn't sure which camera the Vixen was watching through, but he was sure it was on him and his team. "We need to go. The Beacon, the resort hotel, it doesn't matter as long as it isn't easy to sneak into. Rika, as soon as you are done with Jenny and Ulrich's legs, we're gone."
-Champion Motto

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

The large creature sighs, "You're not going to wait, are you?" He asks rhetorically. continuing after a momentary pause, "Remember when we said she was lucky? That's, an understatement. She can change probability. If there's a 0.0001% chance of something succeeding, she can make herself that tiny percent. For the most part, it's passive, kicking in automatically, but there are a LARGE number of people that are terrified of that ability, and can never find out she has it."

He stops for a good minute, looking through the thick barrier at June, expression unreadable, then finishes with "Because the last one who had it, kept pushing his luck in selfish ways until he controlled a dozen worlds and was starting wars to get more. And the folks who put him down don't care if a few innocents die to make sure that doesn't happen again."

- - - - - - - - - -

For some reason, when she looks at hivemind to whine about leaving so soon, June's eyes flash a hint of purple for a split second though she doesn't seem to notice it herself. "Why do we have to go so soon? I was having fun!"

Across the room the sound of a gunshot rings out, but there's no shot. Instead a "police officer's" sidearm jams and backfires, badly burning both of her hands when the trigger is pulled, causing the "officer" to drop her mangled sidearm and let out some choice words. Were the chief to look over, he wouldn't recognize the woman.

From where she was aiming and standing, her shot would have hit Jaken, Ulrich as well if it had been a through-and-through.

"nevermind... I want to go now..."
Deske

Post by Deske »

Ulrich stared at the "officer" in shock which quickly melted away into relief once he realized the fun had misfired instead of hitting its intended target. "I agree, I think it is time to leave." He lowered himself into a chair. He waved a hand towards the golden droid, "When ever you are ready."
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana nodded and grumbled, "Yeah, I'm getting kinda sick of this constant barrage of assassins. I'm gonna kick the butt of whoever's hiring these guys if this keeps up. Heck, I might just do it anyway." She tightened her grip on Kol's armor, ready to trudge off to wherever, looking forward to some sort of rest or peace from the beachday madness, "And here I thought the beach episode was supposed to be fun in the sun... Didn't even feel like that much sun."
Deske

Post by Deske »

Ulrich nodded, "Same. Maybe it would have been boring if we had nothing to do. But it seems like they are just throwing people at us instead of following a plan. But I feel like I may have made a jinx for the next time..." He shrugged his shoulders, "Oh well. It is too late now."
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Buster wrote:For some reason, when she looks at hivemind to whine about leaving so soon, June's eyes flash a hint of purple for a split second though she doesn't seem to notice it herself. "Why do we have to go so soon? I was having fun!"

Across the room the sound of a gunshot rings out, but there's no shot. Instead a "police officer's" sidearm jams and backfires, badly burning both of her hands when the trigger is pulled, causing the "officer" to drop her mangled sidearm and let out some choice words. Were the chief to look over, he wouldn't recognize the woman.

From where she was aiming and standing, her shot would have hit Jaken, Ulrich as well if it had been a through-and-through.

"nevermind... I want to go now..."
Gear immediately grabbed a skewer from the table and threw it like a javelin on a mathematically perfect trajectory to pin the fake officer's foot to the ground, showing his sniping skills were not just restricted to firearms. "I agree. Let's go."

Once Rika was done treating Jenny's leg, Hivemind led the team out of the building as the mass of security droids entered and shielded the group. One of them walked up to the Prime Minister and apologized. "I am sorry sir, but we need to leave. I thank you for your hospitality. I only hope that when we meet again it is under different circumstances."

When the team got outside, they would find a portal already opened to the Beacon. "Hurry! Through here!"
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Not so many assassins would be a blessing," The Prime Minister agreed, "this will be quite the night to write up. I should think an entire chapter that sells the inevitable memoirs."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hannabelle threw up her hands at the latest attempt. "What is this, Pro-am night at the Karaoke killers convention?" She almost punched the screen. "And those pillocks even took a shot at a Prime Minister! A PRIME MINISTER! And when it comes to be revealed that someone in the Celican government hired them... Rrrr!" She growled, malice in her eye. "Earth has a good few pretty little destroyers capable of taking enough warriors to Celica to make things very unpleasant if they were to take a little thing like a government sponsored assassination of a head of government as an act of war!" With that she managed to tip the desk over onto the floor. "I better pick that up, I suppose." And she set about cleaning up after she calmed down.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Thanks, Rika," Jenny said after the Doctor had finished with her foot. She tried it out and winced but it held. Those pills were, she decided, quite something. She hobbled and hopped through the portal, just remembering to ask Hive if someone could get her bike back before she went, followed by Jaken.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Kolt was silent for around a minute, as he absorbed the information he just got. His eyes seemed to shift between several different emotions, before eventually closing as he took a deep breath. When he opened them up again, he tried to put on a reassuring smile, but the frustrated look in his eyes made it clear he was faking. ”So we have protect her from a couple jerks who are delusional about the righteousness of their actions. No biggie!” He said like it was the simplest thing in the world, though it was clear from his expression that he knew it wasn’t. If Talbor was so scared to reveal June’s power when the people who’d want to hurt her weren’t even in the same dimension, it was likely that said people were very, very powerful. Plus, if that many people were scared of her abilities, he had no doubt those “couple jerks” would be joined by an army of people who wanted to avoid the same situation that happened before. Still, there was no doubt in his mind that if the time came, he’d fight every last one of them to protect June. He was shaken from his introspection when a gun shot went off, and he dropped the forcefield and followed the others back to the ship.

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Jenny took Kolt's arm when he came back through and waited to see what he did with June before talking "Walk me back to the rooms, handsome," she asked, limping not for effect.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

((i swear there was already supposed to be a post up here. >.< figures I'd be waiting on you guys to reply to something that inexplicably doesn't exist.))

"If I can convince Hivemind to be reasonable about travel arrangements, it shouldn't come to that." was about all Kobor was able to get out before they were interrupted. His upper half swiveling to look at the shooter, June darting behind his massive armored frame, the two moving in sync through toe portal alongside the others. In the meantime the twins had desynced, and Talya was on full scan mode, tracking every other weapon in the building, even those held by the droids and holstered on officer's hips.

Once they were through, Kobor makes an offhand comment about this place being as dangerous as a fringe world, and liking his earth better.

Kol, on the other hand... is making a sound somewhere between snoring and that 'chuffing' thing tigers do, and is still dead weight.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Ulrich nodded, giving his leg a slight test bend after Rika had dealt with it, then following Hivemind, Kol in town with the help of Tatiana. "Do you think she is going to have a hangover? I do not think she drank any water while she was here." He chuckled once they were through the portal, "I am sure Hivemind has some cure for it somewhere."
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Kolt saw Jenny limping and immediately moved to help her. As she leaned into him, they slowly started making their way back to their rooms. It wasn’t until they reached the barracks that Kolt realized something. ”Um, which one is yours? I don’t actually know where it is.” He asked awkwardly, double checking to see if her wounds looked any better.

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Not so many assassins would be a blessing," The Prime Minister agreed, "this will be quite the night to write up. I should think an entire chapter that sells the inevitable memoirs."
"I wasn't aware you were writing a book. You will have to tell me about it sometime. For now though, I need to be going. I have a lot to do before tomorrow. Enough that it will keep a lot of me very busy throughout the night. Goodnight, sir." With that, the droid walked out, the last of the security droids having left the building.

------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Thanks, Rika," Jenny said after the Doctor had finished with her foot. She tried it out and winced but it held. Those pills were, she decided, quite something. She hobbled and hopped through the portal, just remembering to ask Hive if someone could get her bike back before she went, followed by Jaken.
When Jenny reminded Hivemind about her bike, one of the cleaning droids broke off from the group at the resort and went to retrieve it.

------------------------
Deske wrote:Ulrich nodded, giving his leg a slight test bend after Rika had dealt with it, then following Hivemind, Kol in town with the help of Tatiana. "Do you think she is going to have a hangover? I do not think she drank any water while she was here." He chuckled once they were through the portal, "I am sure Hivemind has some cure for it somewhere."
A heavy droid walked up to the group when they entered through the portal. It took Kol from Tatiana and carried her off to her room.

The gilded droid responded to Ulrich's question. "A cure for a hangover? Sure. There are plenty of cures for hangovers. Sleep, plenty of water, good food, avoiding stimulants and painkillers, and I've heard exercise is good to. Were you expecting something instantaneous? There's that too. She could take any number of medications, but I don't know how she would react to most of them. For something as simple as a hangover, I find that simple solutions work best."

------------------------

Gear, however, did not enter through the portal with the rest of the group. He took off his mask to talk to one of the hive droids. "Well, shoot. I had some rooms ready for everyone. Oh well." He put the mask back on. "I have business I must attend to. I still must reassure the public that the resort is no longer in danger, and I must find someone to take over while I am gone. I will see you tomorrow." With that, he walked off toward the resort.
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Jenny was still limping, even though the ankle was improving, and she led Kolt to her door. "Come through two demon fights intact," she remarked, "and get nailed by a drunk companion falling asleep. Just by here, handsome." As they stopped by her door, Jenny turned to him. "Quite a night," she confessed. "Now to end it." and she put the end of her muzzle to the end of his in a kiss and stayed there for a moment to see what he'd do.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"We better follow them if you're with your dad tonight," Jaken told June and he tracked the older pair carefully, as though at play. "I'm not going to do that at your door," he told June as he watched the pair kiss. All of a sudden he was struck by the fact that, silent as she was, he wasn't totally sure June had gone with him...
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana grunted as a hive droid took Kol off her and Ulrich's shoulders, "Fruit smoothie. Fruit smoothies help curb hangovers. Well, at least if taken not long after the initial alcohol. And why'd I forget my rifle remains... How was this day worse than one with a literal zombie uprising?" She muttered, stretching after being relieved of her burden.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Ulrich grinned at the HiveDroid giving his back a few twists after Kol was removed from it, "She will sleep off a little of it. That is if she even has one. Maybe she just does not get them." He shrugged and turned to Tatiana, "It was not so bad today. We saved a few hundred people and were invited to a dinner, which I forgot to eat... Anyway! Maybe Gear has your rifle pieces. He seems like the kind of person who would find stuff like that."
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

You know, with the way you've been acting today, I'd almost think you were human. Going soft, Brother? There was practically an audible smirk to Talya's thoughts as she prodded at Kobor, Getting a growl back.
Quiet. You know as well as I do it's not her I'm worried about. That idealistic fool is going to land a billion people in the crossfire if we can't talk sense into him. It was bad enough when I thought it was just a few thousand she was jeopardizing...
Tell him that. Oh, wait, you already tried. so what's plan B?
She'd be rolling her eyes if either of them had eyes that moved that way.
I... don't know yet. For now, we keep trying to talk him out of jumping this flying bullseye, next chance we get.

Lost in thought, Kobor didn't realize until he was alone that the others had gone their separate ways.

"...Wait, Uh... Where am I supposed to actually go? this is a different section from the one we were in before..." he asked aloud, hoping one of hivemind's machines was still within earshot.

- - - - - - - - - -

Should Jaken turn to look, he'd see empty hallway.

- - - - - - - - - -

[Portal door to aquatic sector has been manually overridden. Given you're the only one on board who should know how to do that, three guesses who did it. First two don't count.]

She didn't really have a destination in mind, open water just felt safer...
Last edited by Buster on Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

As Jenny planted a big wet one in Kolt’s face, he froze in panic. He was still used to kissing being a gesture only done between the most intimate of partners, not the casual thing it was in other cultures. It still felt really weird to be doing it with Jenny, but if that was what she wanted, than that’s what he’d do. He slowly started kissing her back, albeit with such caution and sloppiness it was clear his only experience with kissing was from seeing it on tv. Eventually he broke off the kiss, and looked at his partner with a massive blush on his face, that somehow was visible through all the fur on his face. ”So, um...... I take it that means our practice date went well?”

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"As the first time I've really had a first time," Jenny chuckled, "it was pretty memorable! But,
after all that, one of the images that's styed in my mind is the simple one of you and a burger.
" She stroked his jawline. "I figure that's somehow important, Kolt, my handsome."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Having checked that - yup, he'd been ditched - Jaken headed for new home, getting there a moment or so after Rika. As she locked up and got something called 'coco' ready, he divested himself of all clothes and half melted into the sofa. "Hope tomorrow's borin'," he told his guardian.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Buster wrote:You know, with the way you've been acting today, I'd almost think you were human. Going soft, Brother? There was practically an audible smirk to Talya's thoughts as she prodded at Kobor, Getting a growl back.
[color=#DAD00]Quiet. You know as well as I do it's not her I'm worried about. That idealistic fool is going to land a billion people in the crossfire if we can't talk sense into him. It was bad enough when I thought it was just a few thousand she was jeopardizing...[/color]
Tell him that. Oh, wait, you already tried. so what's plan B?
She'd be rolling her eyes if either of them had eyes that moved that way.
I... don't know yet. For now, we keep trying to talk him out of jumping this flying bullseye, next chance we get.

Lost in thought, Kobor didn't realize until he was alone that the others had gone their separate ways.

"...Wait, Uh... Where am I supposed to actually go? this is a different section from the one we were in before..." he asked aloud, hoping one of hivemind's machines was still within earshot.
Being that the Beacon itself was one giant hive drone, and it acts as a swarm hive for the rest of Hivemind's bodies, one is always within earshot in any public place on the ship (private residences are not monitored to preserve privacy). One of the civilian androids walked up to the twins. "Well, normally you would be going to Champion Tower in order to set up your room. However, June seems to have happened upon the passcode for the Oceanic district of course by not really pure chance. We should go get her first. If you'll follow me." He led the twins to the nearest portal door and opened it to the oceanic district.

Meanwhile, several aquatic droids started following June. One of them boosted forward to catch up to her. "June, I realize this place probably feels like home to you. I understand. However, your parents will get worried if they notice you missing. We can come back here tomorrow if you would like, but for now could you please follow me?"
-Champion Motto

Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

”Yeah, this is my first time dating anyone since I was fourteen. And let’s just say I wasn’t exactly good at it back then either.” He said, finding it weird how nice it felt to have her stroke his jaw. ”You know that kind of teenager who’s an lazy piece of crap that only cares about themselves? That was me before I got my powers, and that didn’t exactly translate to good dating skills.” Kolt rambled, not really sure what to do at this point. Maybe he should say goodbye, but he didn’t really want to do that. He kinda wanted to just stay there with her and talk about whatever.

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"I'll admit," Jennysaid, opening the door behind herself, "that I'm making it up as I go too. You come from a place where things are taken slow? I'm from a place where, if you don't take it fast it may be gone the next day. So I'm working on the slow, my handsome." She smiled as the door opened. "You want to come in for coffee or talk?"
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Kobor actually seems a bit confused at first, looking at the drone and asking "Why? We already figured out what was causing her atypical development, and she knows better than to risk infecting others. she should be- Right... You're not used to Kaal. Colonies don't tend to interact as much as humans, or nonresidential mammal analogues, sapients in general really. Whatever. Old instinct, multiple beings together acting odd is harder to ignore than separately. She should be fine for a few hours, I'd imagine she just wants to de-stress after her first real encounter with violent behavior."

"Worst she'll do is revert to base instincts if something startles her."

- - - - - - - -

Whipping around, June stares at the drone, her featureless black eyes somehow managing to convey a wild look before she silently lunges at it, jaws wide. Her movements and reactions are pure shark, speaking to years of experience as a predator, A sense of power and control, but also alarm at being in the presence of something larger than herself. Seeming more wild animal than person. She's lunging at the machine trying to take chunks out of it for nearly a minute before her behavior shifts and she looks embarrassed.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Kolt smiled awkwardly. ”That... sounds nice.” He said, happy to keep spending time with Jenny. ”I think I heard someone from one of the other teams mention coffee while I was heading to the meeting this morning, so I’m interested in finding out what that’s like. What is it, a pastry?”
The guy mentioned having a cup of it, so it is probably a drink.
Might be. I’ll ask her. “Quint thinks it’s some kind of drink, is that right?”

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

June, of course, got a lucky hit and managed to sever a vital wire on the droid. As it's lights dimmed and oil bleed out, it started to sink to the depths. Some of the other droids moved in. "June... you need to come with me. Now." His voice was genuinely worried now. "Imagine if that was someone else?" one of the droids said as it pointed to the sinking droid below. "If it was anyone else but me, you would have killed them, June. Please come back to the surface with me. I know you like this place better, but right now we need a safer place for you to calm down. Now let's go to Kobor and Talya, and we'll figure out where you are staying. Please?" It held out a hand to her.

--------------------

The drone rubbed his forehead. "Revert to the base instincts of a shark. That instinct is to attack, bite, hunt. And with her luck any attack based on that killer instinct will be deadly. She already destroyed one of my droids. I worry what happens if someone who doesn't have trillions of backup bodies startles her."
-Champion Motto