2018/01/15 - Lesson Learned

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Dissension

2018/01/15 - Lesson Learned

Post by Dissension »

[ Lesson Learned ]

Title Text: someBODY

See, Keene, this is why you leave it to the professionals...

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Saturn381

Re: 2018/01/15 - Lesson Learned

Post by Saturn381 »

That monster is scary as carp. :shock:
Gbr23

Post by Gbr23 »

'Oh no' indeed Breel... 'Oh no' indeed
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Welp, grab your crucifix, your holy water, your prayer beads, your incense, whatever you got, something's gotta work. :?
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Stormrun

Post by Stormrun »

Wow, and we're back! I'm super excited to see where this arc goes. I've been super worried that everything is gonna snap back to the status quo at the end, but at this point, it may be too far gone!
『∅』『∅』『∅』『∅』『∅』『∅』
leinglo

Post by leinglo »

D-Rock wrote:Welp, grab your crucifix, your holy water, your prayer beads, your incense, whatever you got, something's gotta work. :?
I'd feel better with a super shotgun and BFG 9000 myself.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Oh, great! Now i gotta read up on real alchemy! :D

*throws books around*

Never did me any good! Rick wants to school us! Schooooool Usssssssssssss!
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Nightfirex

Post by Nightfirex »

You know this be a perfect time for those Templars to show up.... what? no one pick up that class? No divine classes at all? welp. Time to hit that old dusty trail.....
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Stormrun wrote:Wow, and we're back! I'm super excited to see where this arc goes. I've been super worried that everything is gonna snap back to the status quo at the end, but at this point, it may be too far gone!
... for anything else.

See 'The Battle of London Bridge' in Marvel comics for an example where a company called Mys-tek opened a portal to hell and nearly every hero in the Marvel Universe died before Doctor Strange, Professor Xavier, Captain Britain and a few other heroes wiped the events from history.

Sometimes 'reset' is the only way out.

Breel needs a hug
now he’s doomed the world.
He’s never been a thug;
it’s just how his hopes unfurled.
Rejected, repelled,
he gave in to abject agony
Love lorn, lost and expelled
he did not have the light to see
The darkness he called
roiling, forgotten and rancid.
Lying alone, rotten and appalled.
Woken now. No longer placid...
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Buretsu

Post by Buretsu »

You say 'the alchemical symbol for sulfur', but all I can see is 'Brimstone blood lasers'.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Whelp here we go!
MX682XM

Post by MX682XM »

Why does Tarot lecture Keene only now, when it's too late
ImageImage
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

D-Rock wrote:Welp, grab your crucifix, your holy water, your prayer beads, your incense, whatever you got, something's gotta work. :?
I'm grabbing my popcorn :3#c
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
leinglo

Post by leinglo »

Also, a Greater Daemon (if not something bigger and worse) is manifesting right in front of them. Tarot should probably can the explanation for later and get on finding a way to make sure there even is a later.

Breel's probably gonna end up being nommed by that thing as it is.
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

“You can never come back!”
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Naro Rivers

Post by Naro Rivers »

Right, so where's the handbasket in which all of this just came here?
It's difficult to wear gloves with webbed fingers...

When talking about a character, I often speak in D&D terms.

I'm participating in a forum game! You can find it here:
ChekeBello

Post by ChekeBello »

I'm a bit surprised that Breel is still there, I pretty much assumed he was taken by the vortex in the previous strip and everyone was going to hell in quest to save his soul. But this definitely looks more awesome *w*
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Grabs the Proton pack...
This thing is going to Goszer away!
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
John-056

Post by John-056 »

Xane wrote:Well if she hadn't been trying to stop Keene in the first place without even attempting to explain things better than "because I said so, that's why!" then angel (I don't care what he says, Breel is a perfect angel) tears wouldn't have touched the mana!
Point to you. This one's on Tarot. All she kept saying was 'Listen to me' and 'That it would End the World', even though we know full well she's well known for being VERY unreliable herself, since her 'Prophecy' was proven to be a well-spun lie to two mortals, just to stop Spirit Dragon's little brother from having an edge against her and backing him into a corner that would Force him to Cross Some Borders he would otherwise never cross. (Such as messing with a Mortal's fate, though why everyone is so hung up on everything else he did and condemning him as 'Evil', When that was the most criminal act he's ever done, While Dragon had manipulated multiple mortals to prepare them for an 'Evil' That had never existed, kept up the Charade for Centuries and then tried to steal her own avatar's boyfriend, whom she manipulated into dating both her and her Avatar. Hek, the one plot where Pete reverted King back to Joel, was because King had forfeited his right as Pete's Avatar, and Pete needed to focus on the fight. Besides, if Pete had won, Bailey would have gotten King back anyway if she asked him, since she's his Avatar.)

As a matter of fact, just keeping him away from the Pool and explaining would have been enough, but only NOW when it's come to pass, she somehow has the Time to explain! However, a world changing Event DOES NOT need to have Demons blasting the land and reverting everything to the Stone Age! That does not make sense!

Far as I can tell, I think its because the Celestials are so rigid, that to them, using the Mana Pool like Keene had wanted to, meant blasting the land into Oblivion and leaving Ruin, rather than simply wanting People to have a different outlook on how the otherside lives or just simply make them see that the 'Furrier people' can be more than pets. So Yes, Breel is an Angel, but in my eyes, neither side is Good or Evil. Light and Dark, yes, but never is it so easily Black and White. Angels can be blinded by their own Light and may not see what the ones in the Darkness can, which is the same as those of the Dark and those of the Light.

After all, Lucifer was a high ranking angel, a Seraph, before he was cast from the Ranks for believing he could take over heaven itself and was banished to Earth. What's to say some of the Celestials were blinded to the point that they believe everything they do and think is the correct way, but forgot what It was like to think like a Mortal? Breel may have been blinded to what Keene actually wanted to do, which was to make others think differently, rather than bring Ruin to the World by shaping things for pets to be dominant.

That is the signal I am getting from this after giving it some thought. It would make No Sense for Keene to want to destroy the World to make the Pets dominant, as that would mean spitting on his Father's Grave and wishes. All that Keene has done had been to fulfil his promise to his deceased Father, even if he takes some extremes to try and get there, which also means that Keene knows that making the Pets the Dominant Species, or destroying the world and rebuilding it how he wants it, would prove detrimental to that cause, because A) Keene's Father, Henry Milton, was a human being, and wiping his race out would be a stab to the back. B) Destroying the world would only mean the land becomes very Chaotic and highly uncontrolled. The Road Warrior and Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome are good Film examples, While the Fallout Series is a good videogame example.

Then again, the only thing Breel understands about Keene's Plan, is for all Species to have 'Equal Guns', rather than truly understanding what he meant. That means that this was caused by Tarot being a Stuck-up Moron, Breel being a Celestial with a Poor understanding of how Mortals work, and Keene unintentionally putting the idea of wanting to rebuild the world for everyone to be equal into Breel's head.

Well, if they're going into Hell itself, I wonder if Team Paper Bag is allowed to Change Classes? Maybe washing the ink off the bags in the Mana Pond to allow a Class Swap? Hopefully that is allowed, since this has escalated into a situation where a Class Like Puzzle Master has become completely useless... Not to mention that Grape has also Proven to be completely useless as a Ninja. (If you have to be told that you have Smoke Bombs as a Ninja, and not even realize you also have hidden blades and throwing knives/Shurikins, then you're not cut out as a Ninja. From what I get, she's more a Warrior Monk than a Ninja.)
On the next... Wire in the Blood...
HSDVGDGFWGFWHGVMBHGWY*Ded*
Nolan lunocr

Post by Nolan lunocr »

wow.... that's a real satanic cross... didn't think things would be that serious for a comic. well done
Arvetis

Post by Arvetis »

If Housepets is gonna have the Shrek soundtrack, it's gonna be hard to figure out which King moment gets Hallelujah.
Nolan lunocr wrote:wow.... that's a real satanic cross... didn't think things would be that serious for a comic. well done
It's the alchemical symbol for sulphur, which I think some modern Satanists have appropriated at times. That's not its original meaning, though.
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Huh... that's the symbol of Sulfur in it's eye.
Argent

Post by Argent »

MX682XM wrote:Why does Tarot lecture Keene only now, when it's too late
Because the Pomeranian is a plot bunny.

Come on Professor K, reset it already.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

Poor Breel ;_;
Dragon Furry

Post by Dragon Furry »

Did not even think that animals, in this comic, could go to hell. Only King, but that was just more of a limbo state.
I know they are not in hell, but hell or something close to it, looks like it is moving in pretty close.

I am very excited to see where this story arc is going. Please no weird time-reset-marvel-DC-comic style nonsense. I hate when they do that.
Soerix

Post by Soerix »

Well... Sugar Honey Ice Tea.
Dragon Furry wrote:Please no weird time-reset-marvel-DC-comic style nonsense. I hate when they do that.
Why not?? Like Welsh Halfwit said: it may well be the only way out of this situation.

First, Duke mentioning stabbing in the face, then Duchess saying "screw this", and now the highly disturbing design of that satanic dragon creature... Is this comic getting less and less PG? :(
Last edited by Soerix on Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
HundKatzeMaus

Post by HundKatzeMaus »

MX682XM wrote:Why does Tarot lecture Keene only now, when it's too late
Either because every housepets strip needs one panel for comedy, or because she didn't had a chance to do so before.
I think both is legit.
Argent

Post by Argent »

I'm gradually coming down to the side of "Tarot is actually a terrible person".
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Tarot does have a truly remarkable capacity to do the inappropriate abstraction in the face of calamity. But you gotta admire her resourcefulness.....where did she get a pointer, an easel, and a detailed chart in the middle of a mana puddle..... Oh....right......

Well, Keene, some say everybody's equal in Satan's sauna....
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Ooooh boy... that was a thing to wake up to this morning.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
TeflonCougar

Post by TeflonCougar »

Xane wrote:Well if she hadn't been trying to stop Keene in the first place without even attempting to explain things better than "because I said so, that's why!" then angel (I don't care what he says, Breel is a perfect angel) tears wouldn't have touched the mana!
Tarot is far more knowledgeable than Keene on these matters. If the technician at at nuclear power plant said "Don't turn the key in the yellow slot" that should be enough. Remember, the mana produces what you ask of it and the weasels are notoriously undisciplined in their decisions. Maybe if Keene had shown Sabrina, who by the way also objected to the plan based on her knowledge of esoteric process, had shown a reasoned and complete plan, one so tight there was no way to twist the meaning, things may have gone different. Keene tried more than once to simply leap into the pool before he looked. Breele was even against that, Breele even said it was dangerous to let a mortal use the mana without demonstrating they understood how the power would react.

I can't get behind the Tarot haters. They know what she knows and her word should be enough. If my electrician tells me not to touch a wire, I think I'll step around it.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

As my boss used to say, "We'll have a huge " Blame Award Presentation" ceremony right after WE FIX THIS DISASTER !!!"
tsMKG

Post by tsMKG »

Hoh boy!, it was just last Friday that I got to catch up to the latest Housepets! strip and just now things are escalating too quickly :? (By no means I say it isn't awesome ;) ) What's gonna be our next location?
I'll grab my five parts of The Forbidden One, one Blue Eyes White Dragon and an Obelisk the Tormentor. I think that's enough :geek:
Have you been looking at the thing above this? Dis is my old signature and is not relevant anymore.
MrParaduo

Post by MrParaduo »

Ack! Evil! Evil! We must slay it with the daggers of Megiddo!
There are many words and phrases that can cause an experienced wizard to tremble in fear. Chief among them being "oops."
Argent

Post by Argent »

TeflonCougar wrote:Tarot is far more knowledgeable than Keene on these matters.
She is also notoriously unreliable.
If the technician at at nuclear power plant said "Don't turn the key in the yellow slot" that should be enough.
The technician has a history of prevarication, and a guy who built the power plant and who gave you a demo power plant to play around with has given you the green light.

That is, Keene is trying to fulfill Henry's plan, and Henry's plan was promised to him by Pete... and that *is* Pete's mana pool. Meanwhile you have Tarot, who seems a bit of a con artist, making vague threats and never bothering to explain anything ...
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

This strip begs the question though. What abstract concept does The Forgotten represent? Sorrow? Anger? Destruction? Dissension?
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
HundKatzeMaus

Post by HundKatzeMaus »

Argent wrote:
TeflonCougar wrote:Tarot is far more knowledgeable than Keene on these matters.
She is also notoriously unreliable.
If the technician at at nuclear power plant said "Don't turn the key in the yellow slot" that should be enough.
The technician has a history of prevarication, and a guy who built the power plant and who gave you a demo power plant to play around with has given you the green light.

That is, Keene is trying to fulfill Henry's plan, and Henry's plan was promised to him by Pete... and that *is* Pete's mana pool. Meanwhile you have Tarot, who seems a bit of a con artist, making vague threats and never bothering to explain anything ...
Yeah, but I have to agree with TeflonCougar.
What Keene did was kinda the same as seeing an electric fence, knowing you should NOT touch it, and still decided to lick on it.
Keene clearly knew it was dangerous, and still sended inside the temple some pets, who didn't know all those dangers were real and instead told everyone, it was just a game.
What was there for Tarot to explain? That the magical stuff is dangerous? That was supposed to be clear to everyone, especielly to someone as smart es Keene.
I'm not a Tarot fan (there are chars in this comic I like much more), but saying this is her fault is REALLY a HUGE stretch.
The only thing, you could blame her for, is not trusting Peanut. And even then there are some good reasons she had.
The Nerds wouldn't had believed her (most likely) and again, Keene knew what he was doing. Still he sended other people to do the dangerous job for him.
And while Pete maybe not really evil, he still did manipulate others (the same for dragon).

Again, what was Tarot supposed to explain? That the stuff was dangerous? Something everyone knew? Read the first temple crashers, in which Keene made a bargain with Pete at the end, trying to be his equal.
I think Keene is really couragous and has noble, goals, I give him that. But he played with powers he couldn't control, with factors out of control and endangered other people.
Is Tarot perfect? No, but at least she tries to do some damage control and the one who was opposing her this time, was Keene.

Being the owner of a power plant, doesn't mean you can play around with it's settings until everything explodes.
Argent

Post by Argent »

HundKatzeMaus wrote:What Keene did was kinda the same as seeing an electric fence, knowing you should NOT touch it, and still decided to lick on it.
Tarot says it's an electric fence. Pete promised fulfillment of wishes. And don't forget that Keene is officially Pete's minion.
Again, what was Tarot supposed to explain?
What she's explaining RIGHT NOW, in convincing detail.
Sansash

Post by Sansash »

Soerix wrote:...then Duchess saying "screw this"... Is this comic getting less and less PG? :(
Pete used that verb a while ago
Sansash

Post by Sansash »

Argent wrote:
HundKatzeMaus wrote:What Keene did was kinda the same as seeing an electric fence, knowing you should NOT touch it, and still decided to lick on it.
Tarot says it's an electric fence. Pete promised fulfillment of wishes. And don't forget that Keene is officially Pete's minion.
So after said minion licks said electric fence, does he become a filet minion? I'll show myself the door thanks