2018/01/19 - Forget You

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
NHWestoN

Re: 2018/01/19 - Forget You

Post by NHWestoN »

Yeah, I'm kinda looking to a Kitsune intervention. Maybe Breel knows the vulnerabilities of an Infernal as yet undisclosed. ...and maybe the camel duo have a role as well in the solution.

...and, TeflonCouger, thanks ... any viz for Daisy gets my applause!
Regards.
CanzetYote

Post by CanzetYote »

Breel is still crying. Let's hope that more angel tears won't make whatever that is more powerful.
Bill in OK

Post by Bill in OK »

Somebody get that thing a Kleenex.

Rakaydos wrote:
Welsh Halfwit wrote:
leinglo wrote:A wordy daemon is certainly bad, but it could be worse. It could be reciting bad poetry while it's trying to kill you.
No offence taken(!)
Sounds more like a refeerence to a different webcomic.

http://www.dreamkeeperscomic.com/GNSaga.php?pg=294

I was thinking of the Volgons in Hitchhiker's guide.
King looks an awful lot like my own Corgi. That's one reason why he's my favorite, but I also like his attitude.
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

This thing reminds me of Mojo Jojo in terms of its grammar.
Argent

Post by Argent »

Bill in OK wrote:I was thinking of the Volgons in Hitchhiker's guide.
I thought of the Vogons too. It's appalling how people forget the classics.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Its eye is sulfur. Of course it smells.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

It's now time for Breel to face The Forgotten... :? It must suck to have been forgotten, for it. :P Yeah, it smells! :lol: Maybe, Rufus and the husky angles could help Breel?
CanzetYote

Post by CanzetYote »

Cesco wrote:It's now time for Breel to face The Forgotten... :? It must suck to have been forgotten, for it. :P Yeah, it smells! :lol: Maybe, Rufus and the husky angles could help Breel?
That's what I was hoping for.
Argent

Post by Argent »

Rufus and a dead chicken.
TeflonCougar

Post by TeflonCougar »

Argent wrote:
Bill in OK wrote:I was thinking of the Volgons in Hitchhiker's guide.
I thought of the Vogons too. It's appalling how people forget the classics.
Ode to a small green lump I found under my armpit

Ah-HA!

I finally got it. Dutchess! Dutchess is the answer! See she is arrogant and full of herself, she really thinks she's something. So we get her a haute couture head scarf from France as a headgear which will reinforce her belief that she's all that. The temple magic plus fancy scarf makes her belief that's she's really something into a reality. As Something she cancels out Nothing and Bino is free. Well all plans have a draw back.
Last edited by D-Rock on Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Mod Edit: If your own post was the most recent and little time has passed, please use the Edit button.
John-056

Post by John-056 »

TeflonCougar wrote:Hardly the stupidest thing. Keene wasn't ready. He was too wild in his attempts to get into the pool. If he had stopped and formed a cohesive and thoughtful proposal for his use of the mana, Breel would have let him in. And yes, he stopped the ferret, but did so in a jovial manner, there was no malice in his demeanour. I don't think Keene lashed out in real anger, I think it was frustration at the perceived interference, much like a small child gets angry with a parent for not letting them do something they want. Much like the hypothetical child Keene doesn't see the actions are for his safety and well-being.

Of course none of this really matters. They can discuss who did or did not do what over hot chocolate after the world ending doom is back on its leash.

Wondering. If Keene and Breel make up and Breel drops a happy tear, will all go back as it was? Will Keene see how dangerous controlled power use is? (The uncontrolled part being Breel's tear. No one could have predicted that or I think Breel would have been more careful.)

Then there is always the possibility that this is Pete's Celestial hidden camera show "Totally Terrified Mortals"
And you've forgotten the biggest thing here.

Pete. Is. MORTAL NOW. He'll be like that for Seventy Years, alongside his Sister, Spirit Dragon, And won't be returning until those years are up. He would NOT have left a Camera in the Place He won't allow a mortal into, as well as the fact that He didn't even KNOW if his temple would stay after He's mortal!

The 'Happy Tear to Fix Everything' would be pushing it, especially since Breel is still STANDING IN THE MANA POOL, And not on the edge. Keene won't be able to help him, not to mention that it would feel like a Deus Ex Machina.

Need I mention that The reason Keene didn't have such Coherent thoughts, was because Tarot kept getting in The way? Or did you convinently forget? And Need I mention again that Breel never explained how bad it can get? That The only one who did was Tarot, and it was AFTER everything bad happened? And frankly, Breel is even more at Fault if I used that Logic. Sure it hurt, but he did what Keene did just then: He overreacted and has brought doom to The world from crying.
On the next... Wire in the Blood...
HSDVGDGFWGFWHGVMBHGWY*Ded*
Bandit1990

Post by Bandit1990 »

I'm pretty sure the hidden camera bit was just a joke.

I would have liked to have more explanation of what's going on too, but at this point I think the blame has been spread enough. Let's get to resolving the new business.

Check out Lightning Dogs on the Nerdyshow Podcast Network

It's an in-development animated series following a team of Anthro-Dogs trapped in the Wastelands of a ruined Earth.
leinglo

Post by leinglo »

I have mixed feelings on the possibility of Kitsune getting directly involved, and it's mostly because I feel like he's kinda the Sans of Housepets. While it would certainly be awesome to see him get serious and cut loose, that would also likely mean that every single other option has been exhausted and the situation is so far gone that recovery might not be possible even if he succeeds.
TeflonCougar

Post by TeflonCougar »

Pete. Is. MORTAL NOW. He'll be like that for Seventy Years, alongside his Sister, Spirit Dragon, And won't be returning until those years are up. He would NOT have left a Camera in the Place He won't allow a mortal into, as well as the fact that He didn't even KNOW if his temple would stay after He's mortal!

The 'Happy Tear to Fix Everything' would be pushing it, especially since Breel is still STANDING IN THE MANA POOL, And not on the edge. Keene won't be able to help him, not to mention that it would feel like a Deus Ex Machina.

Need I mention that The reason Keene didn't have such Coherent thoughts, was because Tarot kept getting in The way? Or did you convinently forget? And Need I mention again that Breel never explained how bad it can get? That The only one who did was Tarot, and it was AFTER everything bad happened? And frankly, Breel is even more at Fault if I used that Logic. Sure it hurt, but he did what Keene did just then: He overreacted and has brought doom to The world from crying.
I do believe you're taking a net comic far too seriously. I like to toss out theories, but rarely find the need to go with the cap lock.

As for Breel, he actually says "I'm not letting you or anyone else in until they're ready to do this safely"
https://www.housepetscomic.com/comic/20 ... -somebody/

You may reply and cap lock at your leisure, but for the sake of clarity I will very likely ignore any further arguments as I do not wish for this to escalate. Housepets fictional. They do not exist. I don't think Rick needs the discussion of his world marred by a disagreement over theories.
House42

Post by House42 »

leinglo wrote:What? Oh dear. No, that was meant to be a reference to the Nightmare Tendril, from Dreamkeepers.
I though you were referring to the Vogons from Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

I'm eager to be corrected, but is not the Hellgoat also dripping into the mana pool and might that also have consequences? Don't meant to get mildly obsessive as Breel's Promethean moment approaches. Regards.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I feel like any consequences that could have happened are already underway. :P
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

NHWestoN wrote:I'm eager to be corrected, but is not the Hellgoat also dripping into the mana pool and might that also have consequences? Don't meant to get mildly obsessive as Breel's Promethean moment approaches. Regards.
I mean, being of a one track mind, he would just be summoning himself, so I don’t think we need to worry.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Plot twist - The mana is not of the game and the forgotten is trying to get rid of the mana.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Adoring Fan

Post by Adoring Fan »

Uum..... am i the only one who noticed that the pool is still full of mana? Just wish it away you big dummy :P
Image Image
TeflonCougar

Post by TeflonCougar »

Wait.

This really isn't Keene's fault.

He only started a Temple Crasher event after THomas Milton colluded with the estate manager to tell Keene he couldn't keep up with the legal battles to bring Pets better rights. It was a deliberately pointed ruse to get the temple open so Thomas could make a grab for the gold.

oh yeah, and the Nothing is still a problem. There's that part.
VoidGaming404

Post by VoidGaming404 »

CHAOKOCartoons wrote:...so this is [REDACTED]'s nobody then? :lol:
Wait... I could be mistaken... but was that a Kingdom Hearts reference :o
Life is like a rollercoaster, sure there's ups and downs, but you may find that it can throw you for a loop!

~VoidGaming404

Christmas Avatar was made by Jolty-Kun

Original Avatar was made by Buster
leinglo

Post by leinglo »

TeflonCougar wrote:oh yeah, and the Nothing is still a problem. There's that part.
Well then, the gang needs to go find the Childlike Empress and give her a new name. Get that taken care.
Argent

Post by Argent »

leinglo wrote:Well then, the gang needs to go find the Childlike Empress and give her a new name. Get that taken care.
So it suddenly turns out that Delusional Steve is Bastian.
Adoring Fan

Post by Adoring Fan »

leinglo wrote:
TeflonCougar wrote:oh yeah, and the Nothing is still a problem. There's that part.
Well then, the gang needs to go find the Childlike Empress and give her a new name. Get that taken care.
Nice reference :)

Also what is that symbol in the eyes? At first i thought it was just something rick thought up but then i saw it yesterday on someones shirt.
Image Image
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

It's the Leviathan Cross, the alchemical symbol for sulfur.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other